Behavior of Luciola Vespa - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Behavior of Luciola Vespa

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

But I have candy.

Yea, this guy seems legit. Ide let you babysit my kids.

#27 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

If they go overboard with it though, it could be frustrating for higher level characters who are trying to mob hunt the lower level monsters.

For instance, TI3 event would suck if the turtles didn't aggro anything higher than level 80.

Hunting Marc Card card would be similarly unpleasant.

Prey tends to run AWAY from the hunter. They're not supposed to come to you with open arms like lambs to the slaughter.

Wouldn't that be the point for the developers tho? So that people would only level within their range of monsters and so forth?

Ideally, leveling within your level range of monsters is supposed to award better EXP. But the game as it is now does not support that as levels mean nothing. A level 45 Mage can easily get killed by a couple of level 19 Male Thief bug if the Mage doesn't cast magic quick enough. And then you have low level monsters that aggro players that are FAR out of their level range, which leads to mobbing which leads to lower level players not being able to level on monsters that are within their level range.

But in RO, higher level players need things from lower level monsters, and there are few low level players compared to high level players. Unless the developers change that, it is stupid to force people to fight only high level stuff.

They're not forcing high level people to ONLY fight high level monsters. They're just buffing the AI so high levels can't just look at them to get them to aggro and leaving low levels in the dust. You can always smack a monster to make it aggro you if you want to mob them.

It would royally suck if we had to go hunt the odd card once in a while from a normally aggro monster that is no longer angry at us for no reason. In renewal it wouldn't even count as mob training because you gain significant/any exp from the enemies. Guh...plus it's a good way to make zeny if you bring a high level character somewhere easy to farm. But, such is the way of renewal and it might make the game super fun again *crosses fingers*

I'm gonna go to the vespas after maint...I realize now I haven't even seen them non aggro. Will make farming those silly rings easier for the next few weeks :]

Edited by Ultimate, 29 July 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#28 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

On another note, are you bald? I would pull all of my hair out, remove my eyes, and pull every single tooth in my mouth before 99'ing a high novice.

Lol, no *checks hair*...still there, long and no bald spots. :3

;) funga-fu-fu...

#29 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

Swordsies have provoke, thieves with throw stone, mages with soul strike or any lv1 bolt spell, archers and gunslingers can just lolnormal attack, taekwon and flying kick, etc etc...

Quit cryin' and get mobbin'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users