Regarding the Eremes DNA 8/11/13 - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the Eremes DNA 8/11/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
353 replies to this topic

#76 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

@LordKratos= I'm SO saving that drawing!

:D

#77 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

so, lets speculate, GM's game out costumes, spawning mobs, giving people fragments, tanking raid bosses

what else is supposedly given out that we dont know of? zeny? free kp?

#78 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

GM inviting players in their secret guild.

#79 7675130511200256733

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Imagine all the instances of favoritism that the general community hasn't been aware of. 

I don't see how I can continue to spend (steam) dollars on a game where a select few are given Santa Claus presents in exchange for GM circlejerkery / ego stoking. Seriously, handing out 20 fragments of the most sought-after DNA in the game? That works out to close to 90,000 z. That's more money than most of us have seen / earned since the game went public 3+ months ago. We common customers shouldn't have to tell you how unfair this is and how it makes us feel like second-class citizens. 

I'm not angry. Just really disappointed in you all, WP. I expect better from a company when I give you my time and my money. I'm not sure you're going to get much of either from me moving forward. 

#80 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm not angry. Just really disappointed in you all, WP. I expect better from a company when I give you my time and my money. I'm not sure you're going to get much of either from me moving forward. 

Everyone is mainly disappointing. Like an earlier post said, there's really no rage. Just straight out, raw, disappointment.

#81 7675130511200256733

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Not even another apologetic open letter from Jay Choi is gonna restore my confidence in this company. 

Putting that out there before it happens. 

#82 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

fact that they cover it up and act like nothing happened is what piss's me off the most, if your going to be buddy buddy with your little chosen few quit and do it like a normal player.

Edited by SephySama, 12 August 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#83 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Meh, the topic about kimonos was closed with LAME EXCUSES, we were basically told to eff off.

And now this.

P.S. : where are our rewards for the event for first 5 groups to clear coa h? How many months do we need to wait?

Oh wait, I guess 'helping' a GM to kill eremes AND AROMINE LOL requires more effort than killing rat hard.

Edited by elvenne, 11 August 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#84 Mae28Jhan

Mae28Jhan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

At least it's just a fragment, LOL. When I was on my elementary stage, there's a section they call 'SPED' which the students are treated with special attention because of their condition. 'SPED is shortened for SPECIAL CHILD'. Have a good day GM's and condolence for the death of your conscience.

#85 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Meh, the topic about kimonos was closed with LAME EXCUSES, we were basically told to eff off.

And now this.

Kimono issue will never be closed as long as it still exist in game while it is not yet implemented. And besides, Zanbee mentioned those are able to be Extended so yeah, lame...

#86 kerwinboi

kerwinboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

-_- THIS REALLY! I WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU GUYS DELETE THOSE DNA!

IF YOU HELP THIS GUYS OR FRIENDS NOW, YOU HELP THEM BEFORE OR ANYONE TO GO TO THE TOP!

-_- THIS BIAS/UNFAIR WASTED ALL MY TIME AND CASH ON THIS GAME.

#87 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

It's quite disappointing that after all this mess, the staff did not even muster up the courage to give a simple apology. Excuses were given until they were no longer able to cover up the truth, and then it's the cold shoulders. If they had apologized from the get-go then maybe some players would still have some faith left, but at this point, I don't think an apology means much anymore.

The group had been trying for the Eremes Guile DNA fragment for quite a long time, so when the GM found out that it wasn't dropping, he decided to give them some Eremes Guile DNA Fragments as a consolation.

They were given too many fragments, and probably should not have been given fragments at all.

Under no circumstances should consolation be given out to one particular group when the faulty mechanics affect the entire server, especially not consolation of this caliber.

Actually, regular GMs should not even have the permission to use item generating commands. If they were given the permissions, their item logs would need to be monitored frequently so that the higher ups could fish out any corruption before the community does. This is common sense for security reasons so I don't know why it wasn't employed on an official server.

I think we deserve to know what course of action you would take regarding this particular GM. S/he should not be allowed to continue his/her duties as a GM. This is hardly a poor judgement call; it's corruption, and corruption shouldn't be allowed a second chance.

Edited by Gluttannie, 11 August 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#88 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

quality move by quality GMs

great PR effort guys.. good timing too since we have just a few days left.. you guys just motivated a lot of people

it does make you feel like we are in a badly run private server.. 

#89 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

This game screams quality, has been since day one. You heard it here first folks.

#90 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

You guys do realize people are still mad over all the bugs that happened when WoE patch came in right? And suddenly you guys throw it away for getting mad over what the GMs are giving out. Apparently, the Devs won't fix all of the issues ASAP as it takes time to come up for a fix for all the bugs. A lot of people have complained over and over for fixes, we only received some of them.

And yes, I know that Eremes DNA is quite valuable due to the distance and time consuming it is to reach from beginning to end just to farm him. But it is only reasonable of the DNA is bound and not tradeable. I understand the outrage that this is causing but you guys are taking your rage to a new level.

If this causes you to rage that much, i suggest you quit playing this game unless the future patch of Noel will bring light back into this game. AoD is pretty much a dead sight for 90% of the community since most people have yet to fulfill the Unsealed Ultimate quest prerequisite for AoD.

Get over this rock people and stop lingering over this game/subject.

#91 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

40490444.jpg

#92 Verus

Verus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Ah, was there fall-out from the Hanbok costumes given out? Saw someone showing it off to the Guardians guild just yesterday. Wisely didn't answer where she got it from, but still quite obvious. Not cool. I want to love you, RO. How are these mistakes still being made?

#93 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

it doesn't help that GMs both in-game and here seem to think this is no big deal.  Just because you guys don't play the game yourself to earn anything doesn't mean you should ignore everyone that does.

Giving out that DNA was a hugeeee mistake and I have been farming it myself for awhile and was lucky to get even 1.

Many others have given bug reports and been helpful and not gotten jack in return.  You also don't make things like this public until it's a whole scandal and you then to say "This was a test" as though it's some normal thing.  That just looks bad...like you don't even understand the problem.  And the sad thing is I can't tell if you just don't care, or you really don't play the game enough to understand-- either one is disappointing..  People in charge of a game should understand how it works, no? 

Testing a drop rate alone is one thing. There really is no excuse to why a gm would summon a boss several times in front of a group of people, then say "okay you were right, thanks for the tip," and give 20 fragments EACH to everyone in that group.

I mean cmon njoror, seriously?  You weren't the one that did it, but please don't defend the guy that did...

#94 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

You guys do realize people are still mad over all the bugs that happened when WoE patch came in right? And suddenly you guys throw it away for getting mad over what the GMs are giving out. Apparently, the Devs won't fix all of the issues ASAP as it takes time to come up for a fix for all the bugs. A lot of people have complained over and over for fixes, we only received some of them.

It's not so much that we're raging over this particular situation, but the multitude of things. It's all of the bugs that haven't been fixed PLUS, this whole situation.

#95 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

i think,case with DNA it only an iceberg apex, how many ppl dont know about ? finally all can see what going on here

and if nobody would place these screens everything again took place in ignorance

p.s. how many +10 weaps in game ? XDD

#96 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hello to all RO2 fans, 

My name is Jay Choi, VP and COO of Gravity Interactive/WarpPortal. 

Today, we made big mistakes as you all saw.  Whatever the original intention we had, it was not carried out properly and it is totally our fault that we unintentionally mislead the community by not providing proper information as we should have. 

We know there is no way to turn it back or make it up completely.  As a company who’s been living with fans of RO and other titles for 10 years, we should have done much better but we failed. There is no excuse and I sincerely would like to apologize.

Our effort to fix and correct our mistake might not be perfect, but we will listen to the community for straight forward suggestions to improve. Do not give up RO2. You are Ragnarok 2. 

There are lots of games vying for your attention, but you have chosen RO2 and we will do our best to be deserving of your time and devotion. 

Thank you for reading this and I wish to convey our sincerest apology again.

if you care about us Jay Choi, fire the --- in Power get new ones who know how to do things right AND FIX THE GAME. im not going to be a full time player any more you'll be lucky to see me at all now, maybe far down the road this will be a game worth my time, but as things stand now it is not.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 12 August 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#97 kerwinboi

kerwinboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

erm, how can i be cool enough for you gm's to be one of the testers and gain 20 pcs dna? 

#98 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

And yes, I know that Eremes DNA is quite valuable due to the distance and time consuming it is to reach from beginning to end just to farm him. But it is only reasonable of the DNA is bound and not tradeable. I understand the outrage that this is causing but you guys are taking your rage to a new level.

The thing is, even if the free DNA was not tradeable, it would not be fair anyway ;) They all got a free OP pet.

#99 7675130511200256733

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

If I'm a shop owner and one of my shift supervisors starts handing out free goods to his favorite customers and personal friends, I'm firing that manager. 

Giving away free, highly desired items in a F2P cash shop MMO is toxic to the game's economy and is offensive to those who pay real money or grind serious hours to acquire such luxuries. This isn't a matter of jealousy or simple forum whining - it's a matter of respect and fairness. 

Say what you will about the merits of that "other" game that is coming out, but I know I can expect professionalism and fairness from its operators and producers. Maybe it's a matter of paying for what you get, but why wouldn't Gravity/WP strive to offer a similar standard of service? 

Again, just very disappointed in this whole affair. It's getting harder to justify my loyalty to this particular game with every new debacle. 

#100 HoukaSeyru

HoukaSeyru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

If I'm a shop owner and one of my shift supervisors starts handing out free goods to his favorite customers and personal friends, I'm firing that manager.

This ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users