August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
398 replies to this topic

#26 silentFuzz

silentFuzz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2049 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:~

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Effects and description of Fallen Angel Wings fixed, will eventually be getting an enchanting effect

:p_cry:

Edited by silentFuzz, 12 August 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#27 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

:p_cry:

I posted actual description and stuff but no attention to that yet i guess.

#28 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I don't know if they are willing to change the stats on fallen angel wings to match kRO version, seeing as how it's been years since it came out here. This subject was brought up last year, but they didn't take any action.

Afaik Oda said they sent in a request to get the fallen angel wing enchantment NPC more than a year ago, but kRO haven't sent them the data yet.

#29 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

Can just implant Golden Angel Wing and use the sprite and put the option there :rice:

#30 Exelar

Exelar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I wanna knows what in the Lucky Boxes

#31 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I wanna knows what in the Lucky Boxes

+1

#32 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

transformation scrolls

give me something to blow zeny on

#33 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Any buggy new gear in that box to /slur on?

#34 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Is it going to be an acutal Lucky Box or just another Groove Pack?

Edited by bloodyrascal, 12 August 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#35 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hoping it'll be good!

#36 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Is it going to be an acutal Lucky Box or just another Groove Pack

More to come!

August Lucky Box 

70-100 Teddy Bear / Siroma
101-125 Gazeti / Ancient Mummy
126-150 Banshee / Miming
-changed High TI map to Comodo Dungeon

Internal testing of new navigation update this week. With this, the game draws a navigation line down leading you to the NPC you need to talk to. You can set the coordinates too, so you have your own personal GPS wherever you go!

navigationTEST.jpg

#37 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

I know, I read that. But it mentions August before that.. Makes me think that its a groove pack..

#38 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Oh. You're thinking of it named kinda cute? Like Kitten Lucky Box?  :chomok01:

Yeah, I know what you're getting at. They usually name groove boxes with the current month.

#39 Exelar

Exelar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hope they put something up about it soon cause that will determine if I want to spend on money on them or not

#40 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

They likely won't mention the contents until maintenance has started, in case any returning rare items are in it. They almost always do this, but occasionally preview a few items early. 

My guess is that Oda's recent mention of some sort of Costume Devil Wing Ear Thing means that will be in it the box... in which case I will be looking to secure that as fast as humanly possible. :v

#41 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Actually, I was the one that requested for the Costume Devil Ear Wing from the Anniversary Quest that they have called artist to contribute for. Me and a few other artists discussed over what we would mutually like, we tried to request for unique headgears that is just for artists but it doesn't seems like that was something they would give us. So we requested for headgears that doesn't exist as costume at present.

Now that Oda mention it will be available to the public, I'm not sure what to think of it. And I know I am not the only one that feels like this. The rewards they hand out to artists for these contest/ call for art events, and how everything was organized was rather poorly planned.

I wrote to Oda about this but have not heard back from him. I didn't want to mention these in public at first, now that it's brought up here and people are questioning it, I feel the need to address why the Costume Devil Ear Wing fix was actually Oda fixing my request. If the Costume Devil Ear wing becomes a kp item or an in game quest obtainable costume, it's honestly a slap in my face over it. :6 Sorry. But I think I will not be part of these official events anymore until it's better organized. Sigh.

Edited by WarlockFier, 12 August 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#42 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Actually, I was the one that requested for the Costume Devil Ear Wing from the Anniversary Quest that they have called artist to contribute for. Me and a few other artists discussed over what we would mutually like, we tried to request for unique headgears that is just for artists but it doesn't seems like that was something they would give us. So we requested for headgears that doesn't exist as costume at present.

Now that Oda mention it will be available to the public, I'm not sure what to think of it. And I know I am not the only one that feels like this. The rewards they hand out to artists for these contest/ call for art events, and how everything was organized was rather poorly planned.

I wrote to Oda about this but have not heard back from him. I didn't want to mention these in public at first, since it was brought up here and people are questioning it, I feel the need to address why the Costume Devil Ear Wing fix was actually Oda fixing my request. If the Costume Devil Ear wing becomes a kp item or an in game quest obtainable costume, it's honestly a slap in my face over it. :6 Sorry. But I think I will not be part of these official events anymore until it's better organized... Sigh.

i feel ya there... its like (actually its worse for you) doing a quest for an item in game and taking the time to actually do the quest and then having the same item sold in the kafra shop a week later or even at the same time... event items should be incentive to do events... event used to be where people could meet new friends... now its either a rush to get as many headgears as possible to sell em (like the current king poring event) or just buy em... and if they decide to make these event gears tradable it should after the event ended by like a month or 2... give people a reason to do the events... rudolph hairbands were expensie not because of their effects (that was a small part) but because people didnt have like 20 of them sitting in storage... 

#43 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Ohhhh, interesting... Well honestly, I was just going on the two times it was brought up in the last maint thread. A late edit to the first post said that Costume Devil Wing Ear location was being fixed, which I noticed and asked about it cuz I had no clue what that could be. Then Oda said:

The headgear was in the database, but was not working properly. We will be adding it to the game in the not too distant future. 

Which sounded to me like it was something that existed but didn't look right on some classes... To which I guessed it might be a Costume version of Evil Wing Ears and that it might be in the lucky box. :v

The Devil Wing Ears sounds like that green costume hat given to people that do loading screens, and I would expect them to not show up in the lucky box. Apologies, I am ignorant. :<

edit: Fier, your art is super pretty btw :3 I've looked at your DA a few times before... amazing stuff!

Edited by azumak1, 12 August 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#44 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

Facekiller, I understand where you are coming from.. It just almost felt like they are running out of ideas what to put in lucky boxes and decided to start putting in game quest head gears into it. o.O Can't they ask for hats that are in jRO? I know they have A LOT of awesome headgears people would be willing to pay money for.. And I know Inu's hat exist in the other official servers too.

Azumak, thanks for your kind words! ^^; I appreciate it. I really love drawing RO fan arts, and am always happy when people like my works. :3 !

As for the costume.. It's not the public's fault for asking for it because it WAS announced on the maintenance note.. and it did make me wonder if Oda decided to make it available to EVERYONE after he fixed mine? TAT;;;; Really!?? Sob. This isn't the first time he is punishing me, the last time I asked for the Creative Convention Hat for a dear friend of mine, and he told me to avoid people selling these hat, he wouldn't put it under my friend's name. Which okay.. I understand. But I seen other people paying other artists to draw a pic and then they submit it, got it under their name.. That's indirectly buying the hat! And they got away with it. And once again I was punished when I was sincere in giving it for free. Augh. 

:p_sad:

Oda hates me. :x

#45 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Facekiller, I understand where you are coming from.. It just almost felt like they are running out of ideas what to put in lucky boxes and decided to start putting in game quest head gears into it. o.O Can't they ask for hats that are in jRO? I know they have A LOT of awesome headgears people would be willing to pay money for.. And I know Inu's hat exist in the other official servers too.

Azumak, thanks for your kind words! ^^; I appreciate it. I really love drawing RO fan arts, and am always happy when people like my works. :3 !

As for the costume.. It's not the public's fault for asking for it because it WAS announced on the maintenance note.. and it did make me wonder if Oda decided to make it available to EVERYONE after he fixed mine? TAT;;;; Really!?? Sob. This isn't the first time he is punishing me, the last time I asked for the Creative Convention Hat for a dear friend of mine, and he told me to avoid people selling these hat, he wouldn't put it under my friend's name. Which okay.. I understand. But I seen other people paying other artists to draw a pic and then they submit it, got it under their name.. That's indirectly buying the hat! And they got away with it. And once again I was punished when I was sincere in giving it for free. Augh. 

:p_sad:

Oda hates me. :x

Actually, in terms of headgear sprite, they have been getting some stuff faster than others. Imps hat we got them almost same time as kro got theirs. and tucan hat was also the similar case. also fruity hat too. We're still missing Sheep Hat so that'd be nice option for them to bring since its dead cute. Black shiba hat is from jro and Sinsacho is from kRo. 

hi4EYBK.png

#46 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Instead of just the navigation marker, why not put in something MORE useful, like a way to store Zeny? That would be WAY better.

#47 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

You need to realize that navigation system was something they put in a request ages ago. I'm pretty sure iRO requested bank system + vending limit increase not too long ago, so it'll take a while.

Edited by zr0rieu, 12 August 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#48 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

You need to realize that navigation system was something they put in a request ages ago. I'm pretty sure iRO requested bank system + vending limit increase not too long ago, so it'll take a while.

I'm pretty sure the request for zeny banking came MUCH earlier than navigation

#49 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

I don't think you understand the process so let me lay it out for you.

1. kRO develops a feature such as ingame bank system and navigation system.

2. kRO implements the feature on their live servers.

3. iRO requests a specific feature they'd like to have on their servers.

4. iRO receives the data when kRO feel like sending it.

Zeny bank came out recently on kRO while navigation system's been out for years.

#50 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

So slow, i say. I really wish this process would be quickened by the iRO team by badgering the kRO fellows constantly. XD I guess in RO we're all trying to enjoy the spirit of fantasy together, with the ultimate being finding that solace in the imaginary confines of the myriad concepts of the game that appeal to our minds. (Possibly and very reasonably, making money being the concern of the people who work for the RO Team(s), hopefully not the sole concern) Why can't it be seen as such and why can't it progress faster to help co-existent servers that share a holistic vision? I can picture the kRO folks kicking their legs up and reading this post, telling themselves, "Ha! Poor iRO sucker, now you suffer, your children will be allowed to use the banking system, but not you, you are forsaken. /gg" 

Poetic licence given, this is Serverism!

Still, let me be content with present curiosities, what is in that LUCKY BOX?! X|

Edited by QuarterBlotter, 13 August 2013 - 12:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users