August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
398 replies to this topic

#51 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'm pretty sure the request for zeny banking came MUCH earlier than navigation

Banking system got updated in kRo around May 2013. 

#52 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

Also, i woudh lik thu yav yeh yamburguarua

#53 FenrisI

FenrisI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

And please no Merc Scrolls, unless you make them vendable/tradeable.

This please!

#54 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

HBP?

#55 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

CHANGE HIGH TI MAP, PLEASE!!!

#56 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

Instead of just the navigation marker, why not put in something MORE useful, like a way to store Zeny? That would be WAY better.

pretty sure navigation system would make the whole thing more new-player friendly, especially if it works in eden too. so +1 to RO nav. just hope it's not case sensitive like storage is -_-

#57 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

How many people remember when EVERYONE requested the map change for Mid TI? And it ended up being Prontera because the staff got tired of people saying it's too big. Honestly, the Comodo Dungeon is NOT a bad map. The TIs have already made it easier to level ANYTHING than it used to be when the game was pay-to-play. Back before there was a VIP reward for subscribing, back before there was Kafra shop where you can buy anything to increase EXP. Hell, even back before there were as many events as there are now(I remember Anniversary, April Fools, 4th of July, and major public Holidays being the only ones EVER).

As it stands, the maps that everyone used to use(Niff for ME Priests, and GC Saders; Stings for solo Bards/Dancers/Hunters/Mage classes; or even all the wonderful quests with lots of story behind them) are sitting there, mostly empty because no one wants to really work for it. They just want something where you can walk around and have others do the killing(I've even partied with PRIESTS that don't heal, or buff, and when they get hit, they teleport/wing). I honestly say that the TI should be changed to be two monsters on the same map, if not multiple maps, and have people go out into the world to accomplish it. Get people who have NEVER seen the other maps of RO other than to briefly teleport through to explore the world created here.

But that's just my two cents, and of course, I will see some people posting saying I'm an idiot for saying this, but know what? I prefer a game where you need to HUNT for stuff, not just walk around in circles, with 11 other people, and half of them don't even do anything because they can't kill with one or two shots.

#58 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

The Gazetis return to Mid TI after a long time !! :)  Nice change. :)

#59 paranoid

paranoid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Location^ Up there.
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

How many people remember when EVERYONE requested the map change for Mid TI? And it ended up being Prontera because the staff got tired of people saying it's too big. Honestly, the Comodo Dungeon is NOT a bad map. The TIs have already made it easier to level ANYTHING than it used to be when the game was pay-to-play. Back before there was a VIP reward for subscribing, back before there was Kafra shop where you can buy anything to increase EXP. Hell, even back before there were as many events as there are now(I remember Anniversary, April Fools, 4th of July, and major public Holidays being the only ones EVER).

As it stands, the maps that everyone used to use(Niff for ME Priests, and GC Saders; Stings for solo Bards/Dancers/Hunters/Mage classes; or even all the wonderful quests with lots of story behind them) are sitting there, mostly empty because no one wants to really work for it. They just want something where you can walk around and have others do the killing(I've even partied with PRIESTS that don't heal, or buff, and when they get hit, they teleport/wing). I honestly say that the TI should be changed to be two monsters on the same map, if not multiple maps, and have people go out into the world to accomplish it. Get people who have NEVER seen the other maps of RO other than to briefly teleport through to explore the world created here.

But that's just my two cents, and of course, I will see some people posting saying I'm an idiot for saying this, but know what? I prefer a game where you need to HUNT for stuff, not just walk around in circles, with 11 other people, and half of them don't even do anything because they can't kill with one or two shots.

^ Agreed. 

It would be nice to have both the special TI maps and regular maps with increased spawn, but that would probably be too much load for the server.

Comodo dungeon is fine, besides, we've had abyss lake for several weeks straight.

I honestly say that the TI should be changed to be two monsters on the same map, if not multiple maps, and have people go out into the world to accomplish it.

It used to be like this, but people complained about the 150's ksing everything, among other things Lol.

#60 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Can we have bio 3 monster such as
sniper cecil, mastersmith howard, or lord knight seyren please this 3 monsters haven't been in ti for over a year =_=

#61 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Please put one of these in the lucky box > Black devil's mask / Black frame glasses [1] / Kafra blossom card

#62 AngeIic

AngeIic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I would really like any slotted mid-headgear for the box, it's been quite some time since I've seen any.
Maybe an interesting lower-headgear too. 

I foresee large amounts of fail in the navigation system, but I hope that I'm wrong

#63 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

its funny... i cna log in right now... but no box yet... did they change maint time?

#64 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Can we have bio 3 monster such as
sniper cecil, mastersmith howard, or lord knight seyren please this 3 monsters haven't been in ti for over a year =_=

If we get Sniper Cecil, price of xBow will break, and those gears should be "Hard to attain" That being said, They can put out a version that doesnt drop a thing(even card) so that anything from bio 3 or 4 stays as way it is. Its just matter of breaking the game balance if such thing happens so i'd expect them to remove any sort of drops from them, then they can put them in the ti.

#65 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

its funny... i cna log in right now... but no box yet... did they change maint time?

Ragnarok (Classic and Renewal): Wednesday mornings 9am-12pm PDT

and the title of the thread says "August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance" 

#66 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Definition of a Good Turn-in Map : Any map which is circular or can get you back to the start point without making you walk-back is a good map for TI.

This keeps the circulation of spawns all around the map. Maps such as Comodo Dungeon, Abyss 01 have their dead-ends and narrow paths which makes it very time-consuming, even if you use Giant fly wings and unavoidable-lags make it really difficult. Whereas in maps like Geffen Dungeon, Abyss 03, Orc Dungeon 01, if you notice, people are more fond of such maps and the spawn circulation is awesome even if there are more than one or two parties hunting.

So, I please request Oda to re-consider changing the map before the maintenance, because after maintenance, there will be 13354647665... people complaining about the High TI map and eventually, you'd have to change it in the very next maint.

Edited by bloodyrascal, 13 August 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#67 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Ragnarok (Classic and Renewal): Wednesday mornings 9am-12pm PDT

and the title of the thread says "August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance" 

yes but i CAN log in... maybe my typo was confusing... in fact ragial has stuff for sale 2 mins ago....  the server is up...

#68 Shurie

Shurie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

The maintenance is tomorrow (wednesday), not today (it's still tuesday)

Edited by Shurie, 13 August 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#69 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Maint is tomorrow.

#70 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Actually, I was the one that requested for the Costume Devil Ear Wing from the Anniversary Quest that they have called artist to contribute for. Me and a few other artists discussed over what we would mutually like, we tried to request for unique headgears that is just for artists but it doesn't seems like that was something they would give us. So we requested for headgears that doesn't exist as costume at present.

Now that Oda mention it will be available to the public, I'm not sure what to think of it. And I know I am not the only one that feels like this. The rewards they hand out to artists for these contest/ call for art events, and how everything was organized was rather poorly planned.

I wrote to Oda about this but have not heard back from him. I didn't want to mention these in public at first, now that it's brought up here and people are questioning it, I feel the need to address why the Costume Devil Ear Wing fix was actually Oda fixing my request. If the Costume Devil Ear wing becomes a kp item or an in game quest obtainable costume, it's honestly a slap in my face over it. :6 Sorry. But I think I will not be part of these official events anymore until it's better organized. Sigh.

Costume: Devil Ear Wing is not in this lucky box. The artists were given early access to the costume and other costumes. It may be available by other means in the future. We can look at expanding the contributor's only items list to include more selections that will not be available elsewhere.

i feel ya there... its like (actually its worse for you) doing a quest for an item in game and taking the time to actually do the quest and then having the same item sold in the kafra shop a week later or even at the same time... event items should be incentive to do events... event used to be where people could meet new friends... now its either a rush to get as many headgears as possible to sell em (like the current king poring event) or just buy em... and if they decide to make these event gears tradable it should after the event ended by like a month or 2... give people a reason to do the events... rudolph hairbands were expensie not because of their effects (that was a small part) but because people didnt have like 20 of them sitting in storage...

We do different things with the various event in order to try and mix it up. With the king poring hats the idea was, since they are random rewards players can trade among themselves to finish their collection. Like if I had 2 green hats and Oda had a double of the crown. I would then try to get Oda to grade me his spare of the crown for my spare green.

Facekiller, I understand where you are coming from.. It just almost felt like they are running out of ideas what to put in lucky boxes and decided to start putting in game quest head gears into it. o.O Can't they ask for hats that are in jRO? I know they have A LOT of awesome headgears people would be willing to pay money for.. And I know Inu's hat exist in the other official servers too.

Azumak, thanks for your kind words! ^^; I appreciate it. I really love drawing RO fan arts, and am always happy when people like my works. :3 !
As for the costume.. It's not the public's fault for asking for it because it WAS announced on the maintenance note.. and it did make me wonder if Oda decided to make it available to EVERYONE after he fixed mine? TAT;;;; Really!?? Sob. This isn't the first time he is punishing me, the last time I asked for the Creative Convention Hat for a dear friend of mine, and he told me to avoid people selling these hat, he wouldn't put it under my friend's name. Which okay.. I understand. But I seen other people paying other artists to draw a pic and then they submit it, got it under their name.. That's indirectly buying the hat! And they got away with it. And once again I was punished when I was sincere in giving it for free. Augh. 
:p_sad:

Oda hates me. :x

The creative convention hat is supposed to go to the Artist who contributed/person who came up with the quest concept etc...They aren't just for people creating artwork but also for contributors in the Raconteurs. If you know of people submitting other people's work claiming it as their own please let Oda/Me know.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining the Raconteurs please let me know!

Old event rewards sometimes return either via Kafra or event to give players a second chance at them if they weren't there to do the original event. We often get requests such as "When is the Rudolph Hairband coming back?". What I wish we could do is clone them and create 'replica' EX (Replica: Air Pirate's Bandana) versions to mark them as different from the original. We plan to start requesting these but we do not know if it will be approved.

yes but i CAN log in... maybe my typo was confusing... in fact ragial has stuff for sale 2 mins ago....  the server is up...

Although I agree it seriously feels like a wednesday, it is still tuesday. Maintenance is tomorrow.

#71 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

DOH!!! this is what lack of sleep and no work does... it makes everyday meld together....

#72 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

The man of few words.

#73 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

Make low ti map the training grounds... /gg

#74 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Although I agree it seriously feels like a wednesday, it is still tuesday. Maintenance is
tomorrow.

*Hypnotizing*

Camp, you're now hypnotized. It's wednesday today. Maintenance is going on. Tell me what's there in the lucky box now.

#75 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Oda I know it's been asked but I haven't seen an answer on the Lucky Box contents & they aren't on the website either. Does this mean you haven't got a complete list yet?

I hope you will put Safe 10 Certs in them. There are hardly any on the market & they haven't been in any boxes in a long time.

Also please stop putting in Merc Scrolls & don't put in Groove Box items.

Edited by Razzez, 13 August 2013 - 09:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users