33 replies to this topic

#1 Velsin

Velsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

http://www.ro2skills...0dnrfeBqnrbrFdA

This is my in-the-works Assassin build, I am trying to max DPS. Any tips and tricks would be a great help, open to criticism and remarks. I am going for a Crit centralized build with 51AGL/27STR/3VIT. Input please!

#2 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Im no sin expert, but Shadow Armor is a must.

The one I see you could decrese points in and not worry so much is Combo Training... as from where to get the other 2 points... Deadly Blow would be my main recomendation, seconded by Poison Weapon.

Then again, better wait for a Sin expert to give his opinion in the field.

#3 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Never played a sin before but from the looks of it, you are doing it right. However, like Lein already said, Shadow Armor a core skill for sins if you want to survive. Remember, " dead DPS is no DPS." DB is the skill that you can do without putting more points into, so leave it at 1/5 if you want to max something else.

#4 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

As the rogues said, that's all your PvE DPS skills but shadow armor helps you not die a lot. The lack of shadow armor is the only thing I straight up disagree with, everything else is situation and preference. I strongly recommend dropping combo training in favor of shadow armor. After that you could take points out of Deadly Blow, Poisoning Weapon, or Mark of Genocide. Deadly blow gives a measly 2% damage per level so you actually lose very little from that. Poison weapon is a good damage source but if you're always in a party/raid with other thief classes then it becomes less important. Mark of Genocide is just mediocre and nobody really notices if it's missing. Overall I recommend taking the points from Deadly Blow. I reset a few weeks after hitting 50 and greatly prefer those points elsewhere. Level 1 DB ftw.

#5 Velsin

Velsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

http://www.ro2skills...0dnrfdBqnrbrFqA

Ok, This is my end result, with all the input taken into consideration. I have done away with DB to max out Shadow Armor, MoG is something my guild says is a need, WP is still maxed for its DoTs, still keeping combo training for quicker SE. Anything I should change or revamp?

#6 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Keeping combo training is an interesting choice and I can see the reasoning. It'll definitely be a more interesting use of points than the deadly blow levels. Any damage difference would be close to negligible anyway and having more combo points may even work out to better SE timing in the end. It's something I'd try if resets were free.

#7 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

MoG is stupid. Not worth the points. I've never not finished a raid because my MoG was level 1 instead of level 5. I've never had an issue with it being level 1. Level 5 is nice, when someone else is dumb enough to put in the points for you and is in the party, but without it, nothing much is lost.

#8 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

hmm the thing is that he is going for a full crit build, so MoG + ShC = 5% flat + 2% flat for himself and party/raid members, right? thats a pretty good use. Well, I personally left it on 1 and maxed PW on my last build to see it working... on my Rogue, but didn't like it that much... or at least not as much as on my sin...

quite fun how the same skills aren't as good just because it's not the same 2nd class.

#9 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

Well, therein lies another thing... why go full crit at all? 

Play with this http://forums.warppo...?hl=spreadsheet

Compare full STR to full AGI.

You'd be amazed... do the maths over 100 attacks. See which does more DPS. Also remember crit doesnt help PW. Stacking crit also doesn't really mean as much as you think it does in actual boss fights which last over 5 minutes per boss. The longer the time frame the more STR will stack up over AGI.

#10 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

MoG is stupid. Not worth the points. I've never not finished a raid because my MoG was level 1 instead of level 5. I've never had an issue with it being level 1. Level 5 is nice, when someone else is dumb enough to put in the points for you and is in the party, but without it, nothing much is lost.

I agree that it's not worth the points but we actually have more points than skills-worth-the-points. I prefer the party-wide damage increase MoG gives over the miniscule improvement from leveling Deadly Blow for example.

#11 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

woah woah O____o;;

so much hate in the answer >____>!!

all I did was point out a "good side" of the skill and desition .___.

Yea, I don't feel like it's really worth the points AS A ROGUE, and as a sin... well, for a change I actually don't have points for it.

True, the more STR you have the harder you hit, but I've been doing pretty well with my 1~1.6k double attacks from crits, they happen really often (as a Rogue), and they should happen more.

#12 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

^ Rogues need to maintain max doping for that to occur, sins however don't have doping :/ 

So without the extra 50% attack / 20% crit (from doping) our gains in crit are nothing compared to the loss in attack power by going agi instead of str ... 

#13 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

hmm, my sin is just lvl 43 and not really making him so seriusly, because I want him for farming alche mats.

So I gotta admit I lack the knowledge of a full fledged sin O____o;;

as I said somewhere, they might be the same skills, but they have different value just because they are for a diffent class...

#14 Velsin

Velsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ok, did some revamping along with some ingame practicing, I came up with this;

http://www.ro2base.c...310238.22310238

#15 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

To me it looks like a reasonably good tree, in which you aren't planning to stay on hide for long, but Im no sin expert so wait for their opinion

#16 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Are you sure 3/5 shadow strike is an increase in DPS over simply doing two double attacks in the same period?

#17 Velsin

Velsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

@9632130515120055620

I was thinking to keep shadow strike at 1/5 but i use it to combo build faster, I just dont know what to up the extra 2 points into.

@Leinzan

I only stealth for getting a jump on mobs or players, even then I use Shadow Assault more then stealth.

#18 Kylez64

Kylez64

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Here is my personal build.

http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543

All my work on my Sin build is shown there. Shadow armor I had at 5 till I got to 50. It doesn't help as much as your would thing, it raises you defense *rate* 50%, not straight defense.

your original build is just like mine although I took away Genocide Mark and went with shadow assault. Makes a hell of a difference in Colo.

Also took a point out of combo training and but it into hiding. Tired of being so damn slow.

#19 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Shadow armor I had at 5 till I got to 50. It doesn't help as much as your would thing, it raises you defense *rate* 50%, not straight defense.

It's flat defense, you know? Like this you are a glass cannon, literally...

Well, hats down for you if you can survive like this to any situation, takes some skill.

#20 Kylez64

Kylez64

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Are you sure 3/5 shadow strike is an increase in DPS over simply doing two double attacks in the same period?

Shadow Strike maxed is your 2nd best dps skill. 3 chances to crit and if you stealth first that's 88% dmg w/3 chances to crit!!!

Way better then 2 double attacks if you ask me.

#21 Kylez64

Kylez64

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's flat defense, you know? Like this you are a glass cannon, literally...

Well, hats down for you if you can survive like this to any situation, takes some skill.

Well my point was its not like Assumpto that guarantees 40% decrees 

When your grinding shadow armor with 40 sec cool down is a godsend but after 50 you wont use it as much. Remember upping it just reduces cool down and in raids/dungeons you only really have to worry about aoes and the occasional boss/mob hits. If it upped the def per level I would feel different.

Keep in mind its not a bad route maxing shadow armor, its just your dps will suffer for it. Maybe get a feel for it once you hit 50 and see how you feel.

EDIT:Also forgot to mention shadow armor is amazing maxed in PVP situations. I get by in colo using master reds so if your limited on pots and you need bp it helps just be careful to not mess up your dps. E.g Genocide Mark will give you 2 extra % crit but SA maxed gives you 38% dmg and is your best pvp skill and stealth doubles it.  

Edited by Kylez64, 19 August 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#22 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Worry not, my «Shadow Strike» is maxed, but since my sin is going to run for other kind of utilities I couldn't completely base it for PvP so I had to drop «Shadow Assault».

I know what you mean by it's PvP potential, I would place it on top of MoG any time! Half of the kills I've done in colo has been thanks to it after all.

#23 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Shadow armor I had at 5 till I got to 50. It doesn't help as much as your would thing, it raises you defense *rate* 50%, not straight defense.

p11cogw.jpg

It's not invulnerability, but it lets us survive things we obviously shouldn't whether raid boss or sorcerer.

#24 Kylez64

Kylez64

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

p11cogw.jpg

It's not invulnerability, but it lets us survive things we obviously shouldn't whether raid boss or sorcerer.

you are right it does. But you have colo gear that raises your def rate quite a bit. In my experience its much less dmg reduction. And I wasn't saying armor isn't useful just I feel 4 points are not worth the drop in cd.

#25 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

Maxing shadow armor is a must for pvp or pve. You lose out on DPS when you have to run from AoEs that you can't avoid. Having the ability to spam shadow armor means you can facetank most AoEs and still survive and keep wailing on the bosses. In PvP i have no idea how many times Shadow Armor has saved me and kept my no.1 so I retain colo champion. Also in earlier rounds, it acts as a deterrent for others to attack you. Given the choice of a sin with shadow armor on and one with it off, who would you rather hit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users