bryanctan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of the Awesome Ones
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

A Super Novice has low HP and SP, so it's been kinda hard for me to level up so far. Now my Super Novice is level 88 but HP is only 528 and SP is 170. 

So any suggestions of good leveling spots for a Super Novice are welcome.

Thanks!

#2 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

That's amazingly low...get a full Angelic set and HP cards like Pupa, Succubus, Lude+Quve, Arc Angelic etc plus as much reductions as you can. I don't know what your budget is so I don't know what exactly to suggest. It would also be nice to say what build your Super Novice is. Well, for one you definitely shouldn't mob with that HP so level on non-aggressive things, though you can still get one-shotted with that HP by monsters' elemental attacks since they can usually do 1k+ at that level.

I went with tanker with my novice and it works better once you get to 100+ because you get fancier skills like Frost Nova and HP skills like Faith. When you get higher you can ditch the Angelic set and instead it becomes more important to stack as much reductions as you can, so equips like the regular Novice Shield, Novice Manteau or HBP become better. You also get an extra 2k base HP when you hit 99. I had about 6-7k+ HP at 99 without the Angelic set.

Edit: Oh yea you didn't specify whether this was Classic or Renewal so I don't know if I'm actually helping.

Edited by AvalonEir, 18 August 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#3 bryanctan

bryanctan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of the Awesome Ones
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

That's amazingly low...get a full Angelic set and HP cards like Pupa, Succubus, Lude+Quve, Arc Angelic etc plus as much reductions as you can. I don't know what your budget is so I don't know what exactly to suggest. It would also be nice to say what build your Super Novice is. Well, for one you definitely shouldn't mob with that HP so level on non-aggressive things, though you can still get one-shotted with that HP by monsters' elemental attacks since they can usually do 1k+ at that level.

I went with tanker with my novice and it works better once you get to 100+ because you get fancier skills like Frost Nova and HP skills like Faith. When you get higher you can ditch the Angelic set and instead it becomes more important to stack as much reductions as you can, so equips like the regular Novice Shield, Novice Manteau or HBP become better. You also get an extra 2k base HP when you hit 99. I had about 6-7k+ HP at 99 without the Angelic set.

Edit: Oh yea you didn't specify whether this was Classic or Renewal so I don't know if I'm actually helping.

This is Renewal  :no1: it says on my profile

So Super Novice is basically really gear-oriented then... :questionmark:  :p_sick:

My budget is pretty low, 2mil is like my max. The build for my Super Novice is sort of a hybrid: 68-69 STR, AGI, INT; 23 DEX; 5 VIT, LUK. I tried some metalings; it was okay, but as you said, they could hit those high-damage one shots and I became such a miserable Novice corpse. Getting to lvl 99 is my goal now so I can get the extra 2k base HP you pointed out, which would make it A LOT easier. 

:thx:

By the way, what does HBP stand for :questionmark:  Sorry, I'm still catching up with the acronyms  :heh:

:thx:

#4 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Gear matters though I wouldn't really say they're too gear-oriented. I find that it's more about skill.

The most important gears I'd say are a pupa carded Angelic Protection, alarm/verit/matyr carded Angel's Reincarnation, harpy carded Angelic Cardigan/Novice Manteau and race carded Angelic Guard. Those are the cheapest ones I can think of. Alternatives to those are Eden Group equips though they aren't as good.

You could try Porcellios. Get a bigfoot carded novice shield (very cheap) and the other items I mentioned and you shouldn't get one shotted. Hopefully you have enough flee and hit for them. Metalings are still fine but the appropriate racial shield card for them is rather expensive, but with the other HP stuff it won't really be hard. You can also go do turn-in quests and Eden group missions once you have all that stuff. In party play you can just lure monsters, which if you decide to, don't overdo it.

HBP = Heroic backpack. With 90 base VIT and +9 it gives 10% reduction from Neutral element attacks, same as Novice Manteau. It gives other bonuses too for other 90 base stats, like 90 STR will give you a bonus of 30 Atk (if +9) so it's pretty good, but very expensive. I have a Deviling carded one and I take 200-300 damage from normal attacks from monsters around 130+, along with the right shield card and armor element card plus a Rudolf Hairband, and with those I don't really have a problem surviving.

#5 DaiHao

DaiHao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

After 100+, you should get the party and become the lurer with High Flee, 100 vit build.

Try to get max Faith and Quagmire skill.

Quagmire is useful. This skill causes slow, decrease hit, AoE and no cast time

Edited by DaiHao, 02 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#6 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Most importantly Frost Nova. SNs are quite capable of tanking, though sadly I have yet to see someone who thinks so, except for the ones that have partied with me :x Also since mid-TI suffers a lack of healers often, get max Sanctuary and you'll be more wanted.

#7 DaiHao

DaiHao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't think you can tank with Frost Nova.

its cast time is not good.

Maybe you will die before cast Frost Nova.

#8 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

I don't think you can tank with Frost Nova.
its cast time is not good.

Hopefully you meant the opposite? I have about 80 base DEX and around 100 buffed, and it takes me even less than half a second to cast...? If somebody dies in that short of a duration then they clearly shouldn't be tanking. I can assure you how good Frost Nova is for tanking. It's only really an issue when the monsters won't/don't freeze.

#9 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

If I were crazy enough to play a Super Novice in Renewal, i'd probably go with as much Auto Cast as I possibly could, allied with aspd.

#10 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

That build would be more viable if we could wear stuff like CD in Mouth or RoFL.

#11 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

I have a lot of dedicated caster/misc gear from my other chars and haven't gotten far at all on super² novice, but Safety Wall has kept me alive way better than my flee did so far...

#12 ShinRyuKun

ShinRyuKun

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

Just so you know cards aren't everything first thing a SuperNovice Gets is enough skills to cover your weaknesses be it with the most obvious choice you could go agi type build but still get safety wall and pneuma. blue gems aren't that hard to comeby and they will save you more often than not, also you can set more than one safety wall pre-battle, one next to another if needed.

Magical casted spells by monsters usually can be avoided by hiding.

And just easier to get than cards at least if you hunt the monsters that drop them, higher chance than actual cards, is the supernovice set which even if uncarded gives you a nice boost to your hp +900, and then if you ever get pupa card, your worries of 1 hit should be minor, with the skills to protect you when mobbed.

Good thing to know is safety wall doesn't count attacks that don't hit you for discharging the wall, therefore, your flee still counts more with this.

Still at high level and if int based guess some clips of siroma card will ease leveling with cold bolt at magmarings.

good luck!

#13 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:05 AM

Holy -_- that necro - this topic was from 2013!

#14 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:45 AM

his urge to help people making him to dig up some dusty thread 

which leads to...

god why?

#15 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:55 AM

Yeah novices are gear dependent. There's no way around that. I played two sns at a time, one was "support" and the other was melee. It makes things way faster than leveling each at a time. Also SN has access to faceworm queen leg, and the new pile bunkers with link, those are phenomenal weapons. RWC Knife doesn't even require link if you can afford it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users