Server Maintenance for August 20th, 2013! Skill Update! Patch v. 479 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance for August 20th, 2013! Skill Update! Patch v. 479

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Howdy Roserians! 

As you can tell, we had to insert some quick fixes to stabilize the server.  Here is the info if your curious.

Patch v. 479

Fixes

• A tool-tip display error was fixed with some gems.
  • Honor/Valor unique skills were intended to be character bound, but were missing that attribute.
  • A Fix to the Game Arena.

Skill Update

Skill/Stat resets will be made available for a short period for all existing characters that will be automatically redeemed upon login.  There will be a special skill and stat reset SKILL being provided so that you will have the freedom to reset at any time to play test different builds and figure out which will work best for you. These special resets will last for 24 hours of active game time (timer stops when you log out), from logging in, so you should have more than enough time to test many builds, play styles solo, with a group and between PvP and PvM, before you settle on the build that works best for you.

Skill Update Notes

All skills – All skills have been set so they use accuracy to hit, so it is possible to miss with skills now, however we have also updated them to allow for critical hits as well, so the damage potential is higher depending on build.

(Katar Raiders) Cloak – Now permits a number of melee attacks or one skill use while invisible, before the next attack makes you visible again.

(Knights & Scouts Shield Tree) Reflect Damage – Reflects incoming attacks back at the attacker, by taking a % of the attacker's resulting attack power from attacks or skills and applies it back to the attacker instead of reflecting a portion of the damage done back to the attacker.

(Muse) Mana Shield – Converts a % of available mana into a barrier that will prevent damage up to the amount of the barrier.  

Game Changes

Hit Points
  • Classes now gain a different amount of HP both from leveling and from strength (STR) based on which Class they are.  Each class has been given different scaling modifiers as you level and increase your strength (STR) stat.
Status Effect Values
  • Along with the complete balancing of all buff values and influences, we've spread out the influence ability for each and every class, allowing a fair scalability for each class' skills to grow with them not only in power of attack, but also potentially in effect.
INT previously was the only stat that could influence the stat values of status effects. We have granted the same benefit to each class, based on their primary stat. 
Buff & debuff "+values", are now influenced by the primary stat of each class.
  • Soldier : Strength (STR)
  • Muse : Intelligence (INT)
  • Hawker : Dexterity (DEX)
  • Dealer : Concentration (CON)
  • And introducing Charm (CHA) as a universal stat that also influences the "+values", at a higher rate.
Class Unique Stat buffs
  • Each class has access to a unique buff, which will grant a bonus to their primary stat for them and their party, if in range. These buffs are added on to your existing stats and will add to your strength for what they provide. The only exception is that they will not increase status effect values, to prevent double boosting issues.
Critical System

The critical system has changed and will now display what your expected percentage chance of a critical blow with each successful attack, prior to any defenses the target may have. Critical rate still acts as a defense, to directly negate the attacker's critical rating.

Your critical rating, as a value, will be compared against your level to show what your chance to crit will be. You must continue to increase your critical rating as you level, in order to maintain a higher rate of critical chances. The only exceptions to this are passives and buffs that grant a % of critical. These bonuses actually mean that your critical chance will go up by that %, no matter your level. In other words, it gives you the critical rating you need, based on your level. Critical % passives and buffs, no longer augment any base value you may possess.
There is also a maximum crit chance you can achieve, of 50%, however this does not take in to account your target's critical rate as a defense. The roll chance to crit is merely fixed at a maximum of 50%, at best, because we changed critical hits to do a flat 50% more damage instead of ignoring a small % of defense, which didn't really give much benefit against low defense targets.

Gem Values

Gems were also scaled back and balanced to better match along with the weight value established. 

If you are curious about the full changes to gems.. click below!

Spoiler

Refine Values

The amount of attack power, accuracy, defense, magic defense and dodge, you would gain from refining has been lowered to be more in line with the rest of the balancing done for class skills.

Summoning

Summons used to be great to start with, but lacked a lot as you began to outgrow them. What we've done is made them grow with you by adopting portions of their master's stats. We've updated the tooltips so that it will display their expected combat stats on summoning, so you can judge their capabilities and put them to work as you think best. 

Status Effects and you

Status effects will now 'recalculate' if you switch gear, while affected by a status effect. However, for certain skills that require a weapon in order to cast it, the buff will dispel itself automatically. This is a feature that only applies to self-cast statuses.

Item Mall
  • Summer Fun Box, Re Roll Hammers (30), and Box of Hats have been taken off but expect more to come later.
  • The Name Changer Coupon will be active again but it has changed.  Click here to read all about it.
  • 2 new mounts have appeared in the Item Mall for a limited time!

Name Change Coupon - Facts

• Is returning with this update.
  • The coupon will now be a consumable item and should be converted over automatically.
  • When you use it, you will see a system message stating that you need to return to the character menu and on next login with the character you use it on, you will be be shown a menu to rename your character with.
  • No more waiting!
  • No more need to use the Ticket System!

Skill & Stat Resets - Facts

• Job Class Skills will be automatically reset upon logging in.
  • You will also be given a special set of skills that you can use to reset your skills, unique skills and stats, that will last for 24 hours of game play time.
    • These special reset skills were made this way to be convenient while you're out playing to test different builds before you settle on one you like.
  • Believe it or not, this is a pretty long time. This means, if you log out, the count down timer stops.
    • If you play 1 hour a day, you will have access to the reset skills for up to 24 days.
    • If you play 3 hours a day, you will have 8 days.
    • If you play 8 hours a day, you will have 3 days.
  • Unique skills will not be automatically reset.
  • Visitors will not be given resets.
  • The 'Unique Skill Retraining' skill, is only good for one use, up to 24 hours, whichever happens first. Then you will need to use the new in-game unique skill reset feature through [Battle Merchant] Rena (in the PvP District).

#2 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

First~!

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

:no1:  WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#4 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

IT HAS COME :sob:

#5 Dutcheagle

Dutcheagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWay high up in the clouds╭∩╮(︶︿︶メ)

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

The time has come ! cant wait ^^ hope this turns out to be a good new thing for Rose  :heh:

#6 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

ahhhh shytttt.....itss hereeee .-.

Edited by pandasoup23, 20 August 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#7 poso

poso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Will I have pets for my champ , maybe a snake or turtle or something :)

#8 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Woop, time to test out my CHA Cleric lol

#9 AngryHobo

AngryHobo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Huzzah!

#10 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

woo hoo i will log for the first time in 4ever tomorrow

hope it goes well guys  :thumb2:

#11 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

As I stated before but expect a longer maintenance time! 

#12 K3nZO

K3nZO

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Can't wait!!! Good luck guys... Hope the implementation goes well.

#13 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hope everything goes well! =°×°= Thank you for the heads up ShazamO.

#14 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Heres to no bugs and a good implementation! *holds up beer glass*

#15 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Please don't FAIL US this time!ty

#16 MatchuPichu0324

MatchuPichu0324

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

The maintenance is taking too long -_- I wanna play alreadyyyyy. Gad! please please. Make it faster.

#17 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Skill Update

Skill/Stat resets will be made available for a short period for all existing characters that will be automatically redeemed upon login.  There will be a special skill and stat reset SKILL being provided so that you will have the freedom to reset at any time to play test different builds and figure out which will work best for you. These special resets will last for 24 hours of active game time (timer stops when you log out), from logging in, so you should have more than enough time to test many builds, play styles solo, with a group and between PvP and PvM, before you settle on the build that works best for you.

24 hrs is not enough time to do trial and error Shazamo..how about extending til next patch or so?...we've been waiting for the skill update for about a year and 24 hours is the allowable time for the free reset? :( remember SKILL RESET is account bound not everyone use to purchase item mall points..just my 2 cents :)

#18 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

24 hrs is not enough time to do trial and error Shazamo..how about extending til next patch or so?...we've been waiting for the skill update for about a year and 24 hours is the allowable time for the free reset? :( remember SKILL RESET is account bound not everyone use to purchase item mall points..just my 2 cents :)

This should help:

Skill Reset FAQ

Q: How long will we have these reset skills?
A: 24 hours of active in-game play time, from time of first log in after the update occurs. (As shown in Genesis' picture)

#19 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Any ETA on the update completion ?

#20 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

thanks phish but still aint enough time...pvm/pvp 24 hours of active in-game play time (each player have pretty much 3 or more jobs)

#21 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Keep in mind that 24 hours is timed from being logged in, and not 24 hours from the moment the update goes live.  24 hours should provide enough time to test a few different builds over a period of a few days (at about 8 hours a day).  This is also on a per-character basis, not per-account.

Edited by Genesis, 20 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#22 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Keep in mind that 24 hours is timed from being logged in, and not 24 hours from the moment the update goes live.  24 hours should provide enough time to test a few different builds over a period of a few days (at about 8 hours a day).

got your point genesis...does extending time of the free reset skill/stat will do any harm? just my opinion nothing else as i have said NOT EVERYONE can afford to purchase item mall points and its still account bound :)

Edited by kumpiakot, 20 August 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Its 24 hours of logged in time, meaning if you log out ofr 8 hours, you dont lose 8 hours of time. From my understanding that's how it is. 

#24 Gorlack

Gorlack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Its 24 hours of logged in time, meaning if you log out ofr 8 hours, you dont lose 8 hours of time. From my understanding that's how it is. 

I'm pretty sure you are right, if you log in 4 hours then log out for a week when you come back you will still have 20 hours to experiment with skill/stat reset.  Well at least that is what I understood the first time we discuss that matter

#25 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

You're exactly right. So login to a character and spend a couple hours testing builds, then log off, and you'll have the remaining 22 hours to use again. Also, as Gen said, it's per character on the accounts.

Account 1

Character 1: 22 / 24 Hours for skill/stat reset left.
Character 2: 24/ 24 Hours of skill/stat reset left.

Character 3: 10 / 24 Hours for skill/stat reset left.

^ Note, the above is only an example.

Edited by Banrukai, 20 August 2013 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users