Decreased Casting Time Go Beyond 100%? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Decreased Casting Time Go Beyond 100%?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 lilrey

lilrey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

just curious... if we reach 100% decreased casting time, does it go beyond such as 110% 120%?

i believe with FAW 30%, 2x RWC(4x8% = 32%), Weapon 2xspell4(20%), +12headgear KK=12%  is equal to 94% already.

That's not including Dex Stats, and Magic Strings yet. so i am just wondering if it does go beyond 100% because it would be a waste having dex stats or having tons of casting gears if it won't total up and rather  improve damage like Dragon Breath by having more vit/int or other stats.

Edited by lilrey, 23 August 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

You can't reach instant cast with gear and stats mixed together. Either you reach it with gear OR with stats.

Also, Magic Strings is added to actual casttime you still have (if you have 80% cast reduction from stats and apply magic strings, it will calculate with the 20% left, not with the total 100%" so you can't reach total instant cast with Magic Strings, only like 0,1 sec casttime depending on your stats/gear.

#3 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

Dex stats and % decrease casting time does not stack. So, it is a really wasting of stats point to put on dex if you're intending to decrease casting time while having a % decrease casting time equipment (KK card, RWC enchant etc).

My friend said, it's either one way to achieve instant cast. One is to invest all equipment for int/dex-increasing gears and foods or just invest all equipment for % decrease casting time gears which can make 100% decrease casting time. Both works well with magic string.

#4 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

no diff between 100% less variable cast and 100%+++ less variable cast. insta cast is insta cast. whats faster than instant??

you can have -94% cast time and max dex/int (but not enough to get insta cast on its own) and you still wont insta cast since -% cast time and getting insta cast through stats dont stack.

Edited by 1756492860, 23 August 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#5 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

This game is so broken now thanks to that ^_^ in eden kitchen who is giving spell6 spell6 on the first try.

#6 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

at least FAW isn't [1].

#7 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

It will be if they change it to the kRO version.

#8 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

It will be if they change it to the kRO version.

#9 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

hue

#10 mistergohan

mistergohan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Good luck trying to buy a clean FAW though. There have been none for sale since that NPC was put in T.T

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Good luck trying to buy a clean FAW though. There have been none for sale since that NPC was put in T.T

No, there are lots of FAW for sale - they're just well over 100m now! (I've see 180~250 being talked about). 

Of course none are clean, because enchanting is free and resets are dirt cheap, enchanted FAW has almost no price premium over unenchanted FAW of same upgrade. 

#12 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

This might be odd question but if I'm going for % gears how much dex should I have atleast? Genetic class.

#13 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

edit: actually you didn't state what purpose it's for

for a CC/Acid bomb build -> 1 dex if you can get 100% with -% cast reduction gears.

reason: cart cannon is 100% variable along with most gene skills, so you don't need dex for cast if you're going 100%

acid bomb is 100% fixed, so dex doesn't help the cast time, and if you also get FAW EA enchants, it's better than the HBP, so you can easily just switch between FAWs for damage and cast

for WoE -> I don't suggest going cast reduction from gears because you lose a lot of reductions, but if you do, same reason as cart cannon you don't need dex if you have 100% cast reduction because all gene woe skills are variable.

for woe i suggest instant cast via stats, and it's really easy with gear enchanting (3 dex nimble rwcs, +6 dex ck, woe suit set +5dex, etc)

only beneficial thing dex does is help with the damage variation in CC and acid bomb, which isn't too significant (although it's annoying to see like a 170k and then a 200k bomb damage). none of my genes have 1 dex because 1 is instant cast pure pvp/woe, other is potter and instant cast CC, but when I get +9 EA 20 FAWs, I might test out a 1 dex build on my acid bomb gene to see it's damage. (it used to have like 30 dex before the hbp) my cc cast time was horrid but...................... it was pure AB anyway xD

Edited by KamiKali, 26 August 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#14 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Apology for not mentioning what purpose I want to use it.

It's gonna be for pvm. I just wanna cart cannon to death the monster I wanna kill.

And thanks for the info. That helps a lot.

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

I disagree on Kami's post. You can get instant cast in strings with full defensive woe gear. And instant out of strings with a bee card (unlikely for most people). Instant from strings is worth doing with 1 Dex.

Double spell 3 carefree pendents for 36%. Double Spell4 Combat Knife for 56%. Strings do the rest.

Edited by Jaye, 26 August 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#16 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I was referring to getting 100% variable via gears, not a mix between string and gears. Any class that has variable cast skills can get instant in strings without sacrificing much.

But as a genetic, you can get instant in strings, but when you're NOT in strings your cast time is hellish, especially since hellplant and CV both actually have very long cast times in addendum to having 1 dex. I personally don't like it, but it is a doable option. Genetics are a character of which strings is not necessary. You can go instant via stats without sacrificing much, IMO it's a lot better to do so especially you become less reliant on another player, since you still can perform you usual duties without being interrupted when they're not there.

Of course this gene would be purely for WOE/ PVP tho.

Also, that genetic would be unsuited for pvp unless the only time you go into pvp is with a maestro all the time, which is pretty meh, since again, you'd still be reliant.

As for hybrid PVP and MVP, getting instant via strings would be the best bet if you wanted to go 1 dex with cast reduction gears, but I do suggest against it for it's complete reliance on strings.

Edited by KamiKali, 26 August 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#17 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

what are these carefree pendants, are they some new gear with the kafra card inserted ?

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

With around 100 intelligence and dexterity you can have very fast cast time with the 56 percent gear of you use VIP buffs and +20 food and Clementia, no special int/dex gear required. So a hybrid between gear and stats that lets you instant with strings and be decent without strings is quite viable.

Edited by Jaye, 26 August 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#19 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

You just said 1 dex in the previous post. /swt

Edited by KamiKali, 26 August 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

I also said you need a bee card for 100 percent reduction while wearing good defensive gear in that post :P

#21 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

This game is so broken now thanks to that ^_^ in eden kitchen who is giving spell6 spell6 on the first try.

I thought it was broken way before these. lol

#22 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

What I interpreted from that post is you saying getting instant via strings is worth getting 1 dex.

My rebuttal is saying it's not worth getting 1 dex because you'd be completely reliant on strings to cast since cast time without strings is horrible.

Your next post suggests a mix between both, which doesn't address his question which is asking if it's worth going 1 dex or not, nor does it address mine. But I do agree 100 int/dex is fine, but that's not 1 dex as mentioned above.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

It is worth being reliant for Some people because you get a lot of status resist. Its a good precast character.

Edit: hate posting from cell phone. ,

Edited by Jaye, 26 August 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#24 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

edit: actually you didn't state what purpose it's for

for a CC/Acid bomb build -> 1 dex if you can get 100% with -% cast reduction gears.

reason: cart cannon is 100% variable along with most gene skills, so you don't need dex for cast if you're going 100%

acid bomb is 100% fixed, so dex doesn't help the cast time, and if you also get FAW EA enchants, it's better than the HBP, so you can easily just switch between FAWs for damage and cast

only beneficial thing dex does is help with the damage variation in CC and acid bomb, which isn't too significant (although it's annoying to see like a 170k and then a 200k bomb damage). none of my genes have 1 dex because 1 is instant cast pure pvp/woe, other is potter and instant cast CC, but when I get +9 EA 20 FAWs, I might test out a 1 dex build on my acid bomb gene to see it's damage. (it used to have like 30 dex before the hbp) my cc cast time was horrid but...................... it was pure AB anyway xD

so youre just gonna mvp with no resist/reduction gear on then? seems legit

#25 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

what?

How does using EA 10 FAWs entail no reduction? Do you even know what gears we're talking about? Can you even fathom the idea about gear switching?

You already proved that you're clueless about genes so please, don't make yourself look more like an idiot.

Edited by KamiKali, 27 August 2013 - 07:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users