#51 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Seriously? WoE once per week? I don't think thats fair to the players

It will be twice a week. The time in the patch notes is currently the time that is being automatically set. 

I'd like some clarification on this Mayer Plumberge thingy.

It is a new Khara title that people can get within a limited time. More information will be coming soon. 

Yeah exactly... that is why I stopped replying and posting in these forums up until now, because they would never listen to people outside their "priority circle personnel" :P blah blah blah.

The current changes to any skills are a result in trying to fix bugs/issues, not an effort to make any one class better than the other on purpose. Most of the information we have sent to devs were gathered from the forums, so not entirely sure what your "priority circle personnel" means. 

In any case, the rest of the patch notes will be coming today, and hopefully more clarification for some of it. I still have not gotten any news on Tier 2. 

#52 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is the better solution to make ratmaster kremp easier: 

when he summons the cores, he can only do this twice throughout the fight  (1 for normal, 2 for hard mode per summon wave). the cores should last throughout the fight. once the cores get killed, he can no longer re-summon the cores again

Increasing only their enrage timers won't help much coz the time isn't the problem for these bosses, the real problem is there attack patterns. 

For mini mongi the real problem is it has 2 very wide AOEs all of these are unavoidable, one that cause damage + ignite debuff and the other causes -10% hit rate per stack.

Edited by ROAdikMaster, 26 August 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#53 DemonEdge

DemonEdge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Agree with most members here. Raids should be hard but to impossible without Kafra Items. By Introducing "Bomb No. 99", its basically making it a Pay2Win. Buy Bomb No. 99  or you will never reach AOD.

As it is now, COA require people to get VIP, Spinels and Grahams. Unless your goal is to become a SEA dead server, this approach is not recomended.

RM have multiple summoned adds & big damages AOE which makes completing COA hard. The best approach is to tweak it a bit, something like in reduce the AOE damage, increase the AOE cast time for boss, better indicator of patern or raiders going into COA Raids get some extra buff. (These are just some examples...)

"Bombing away" bad game design will ensure that this game will lose a big chunk of the population by end of the year.....

Edited by DemonEdge, 26 August 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#54 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

bomb 99? Never heard of a bomb thing in the first RO. I'm assuming it could be used only on master splinter? If that's true then lets hope there will be no glitch that will break the game. It will be interesting if somebody break the "if in dun then canusebomb=true".

#55 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

The tax will be implemented in official WoE, so the guild who owns the castle will be able to collect tax. This was turned off during WoE test season. 

#56 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

It's clear that the majority of the population is against implementing Bomb No. 99 (and it's obvious the staff is reading this), so can we please get an official statement somewhere? Whether it be the reason why it's still in the patch notes, or some sort of modification on the item that doesn't make the game so P2W.

When any item that gives those who pay such a distinctive advantage, it's no brainer that it will disrupt the balance of the game. You can argue that the Kafra Elixirs increase the chance of winning in Colo, or things like Graham Potions help with raids, but none of those guarantee anything.

I know removing boss mobs from the list of affected monsters and disabling it in WoE/Colo removes most of its appeal and lessen your profits, but believe me, if it is released as is (or released at all), you will lose players and as a result, lose more money than if you've never implemented this. The average player base detests P2W when it's marketed as F2P, and actual P2W players would only find joy in paying in a game with a decent population, so...your call.

#57 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

The average player base detests P2W when it's marketed as F2P, and actual P2W players would only find joy in paying in a game with a decent population, so...your call.

Exactly. If the population who doesn't pay2win leaves, actual p2w players won't have any people to sell their items to.

#58 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

It's clear that the majority of the population is against implementing Bomb No. 99 (and it's obvious the staff is reading this), so can we please get an official statement somewhere? Whether it be the reason why it's still in the patch notes, or some sort of modification on the item that doesn't make the game so P2W.

When any item that gives those who pay such a distinctive advantage, it's no brainer that it will disrupt the balance of the game. You can argue that the Kafra Elixirs increase the chance of winning in Colo, or things like Graham Potions help with raids, but none of those guarantee anything.

I know removing boss mobs from the list of affected monsters and disabling it in WoE/Colo removes most of its appeal and lessen your profits, but believe me, if it is released as is (or released at all), you will lose players and as a result, lose more money than if you've never implemented this. The average player base detests P2W when it's marketed as F2P, and actual P2W players would only find joy in paying in a game with a decent population, so...your call.

The bomb would still be in the notes because while WP has realized the concern regarding it, stuff like this still needs to go through some review, especially at Gravity.  Checking up with Gravity is what takes the longest.

#59 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

We are aware of the concerns. I am still in the process of testing the bomb. 

Unfortunately, due to the time difference, things may take longer to change/update. However, this is also why we try to post the patch notes as early as possible, so that worries from the community can be properly addressed before they are actually implemented. 

#60 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

The bomb would still be in the notes because while WP has realized the concern regarding it, stuff like this still needs to go through some review, especially at Gravity.  Checking up with Gravity is what takes the longest.

Wouldn't it make more sense to remove it from the shop/patch notes first, then think about reviewing it and maybe save it for another update should they find ways to balance it? As it stands, these can't be released without a serious backlash, as most of the community has expressed. Simply crossing it out (like they did with the initial planned T2 release) would show that they're indeed aware of this problem - it shouldn't take this long to see that it is a horrible addition to the Kafra Shop.

#61 SaraLeah

SaraLeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from Sol

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Patch Notes 8/28
*please note these are subject to change or updated at any time.

1. WOE
A. WoE Start
i. WoE will be scheduled for every Sunday, at 11:00am PDT.
ii. Tax rate changes (0% --> 1.5%)

B. Guild Expert skill
i. Guild skills can be acquired by 'Guild Skill Book', and is also needed to level up the skills. (Have to start from low level, and work the way up step by step)
ii. 'Old ancient document' and 'Simple repair tool' is needed to learn guild skills
-'Old ancient document' can be acquired from Prontera Fortress' field monsters (low drop rate)
-'Simple repair tool' is sold by the Kafra service (that can store your locations)
-If you use a 'Simple repair tool' on an 'Old ancient document', then you can gain a 'Guild skill book'.
iii. Guild skills can be referred at original posting

ok small guilds will become extinct as members leave for guilds that can hold the woe map for the extra skills. Or be prepared to pay all thier zeny to large guilds via AH for this needed item to level their guilds skills.

Hey everyone,

As promised, many bug fixes will be coming with next week's patch. Below is a list of the fixes that are planned for next week. Please do realize that this is not a finalized list, and that changes and updates can still happen.

Bugs that need confirmation is still happening:
1. Framerate issues

2. Dungeon Finder placing people who are looking to get into Hard Mode Dungeons into partially or fully complete dungeons.
3. Bapho and Humbaba resetting too easily

Please also let us know which bugs are still occurring that is not on this list.

framerate issues still happening nothing has changed for me since I sent the requested information. I have been playing a game that the servers are across the ocean from me and have no framerate issue so I know it has to do with ro2 not me.

#62 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Wouldn't it make more sense to remove it from the shop/patch notes first, then think about reviewing it and maybe save it for another update should they find ways to balance it? As it stands, these can't be released without a serious backlash, as most of the community has expressed. Simply crossing it out (like they did with the initial planned T2 release) would show that they're indeed aware of this problem - it shouldn't take this long to see that it is a horrible addition to the Kafra Shop.

Until we get confirmation that it won't be implemented, we won't be crossing it out. Remember that patch notes might be changed, especially the day and few hours before the patch is implemented. 

#63 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just remove the bomb so that you can make a nice patch that people will finally be looking forward to without any concerns lol

#64 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Until we get confirmation that it won't be implemented, we won't be crossing it out. Remember that patch notes might be changed, especially the day and few hours before the patch is implemented. 

May I ask if this confirmation is coming from other WP staff or devs in Korea? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the communication/team works at WP (with the GMs, devs, etc).

I'm asking because it shouldn't be too difficult to remove or add a pre-existing item into/from the Kafra Shop of a specific server, so if it's a confirmation from Korea, I'd be very confused.

#65 7911130504234903310

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

I thought we promised T2 coming this month when it was initially planned to release last month.

#66 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

The current changes to any skills are a result in trying to fix bugs/issues, not an effort to make any one class better than the other on purpose. Most of the information we have sent to devs were gathered from the forums, so not entirely sure what your "priority circle personnel" means. 

I very much appreciate that you did this and it feels like the devs actually listened to our complaints (at least in the rogue forums).

Perhaps the original nature of moonlight dance was intended to generate a combo point (per hit?) with chances (per hit?) to proc combo mastery as well as inflict poison.  That would make a lot more sense with the original low damage.

As for Bomb 99-- Please do not implement this.  It would ruin colosseum completely which is one of the main aspects of the game I still love, despite all the balance & p2w kafra buffs & cheating premade issues. 

The legit FFA colosseum matches are a saving grace for RO2 and do kind of set it apart from other MMO's-- it's a great idea and gametype that could be even greater once all the issues with it are sorted out. 

Bomb 99 would literally transform it into a P2W nightmare (even more than the kafra buffs!, which should be disabled already!)  

I would much rather you sell Victory Medals in the kafra shop than give players a 1-hit instant win item.  I'd estimate 99% of the population would agree.

Edited by xxalucard, 26 August 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#67 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

May I ask if this confirmation is coming from other WP staff or devs in Korea? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the communication/team works at WP (with the GMs, devs, etc).

I'm asking because it shouldn't be too difficult to remove or add a pre-existing item into/from the Kafra Shop of a specific server, so if it's a confirmation from Korea, I'd be very confused.

http://forums.warppo...nagers-gms-etc/

For every request that actually changes something in-game we collect and report it, requesting it to be changed. The development studio reviews, and then schedules out the work as appropriate and it makes it into our next build. Realistically that process should take at least 14 days for any sort of change. We do our maintenance on our Studios Wednesday night, meaning they don't get a report of any problems until their Thursday, then there are the investigations verifying that X is happening and shouldn't, then looking into why, then fixing, then scheduling it into a build that then has to go to a QA process. Once it is all done there it ends up coming to us for our QA process just before launch onto the live servers during a later maintenance.

Such fixes often interfere with other work being done (as there are many "chefs" stiring the pot.) with other versions, new updates, othe works in progress etc. If we add in any confusion with reports that aren't easily reproducible it can delay things further as they don't have a good way to find the bug to squash it. This is why we keep requesting detailed bug reports for players reporting. We've had some super users go out of their way with video and such that tend to make the fix it process go much faster. To them I thank.

And about the Community Moderators. They are players who have taken on a bit of responsibility to try and keep order here on the forums. They don't speak for the company, in fact they should speak for the community! But without them there is no way we could be everywhere on the forums and handle the moderation needs well. So please be kind to the mods they are doing their best to make sure everyone has a nice place to post.

Edited by inuko23, 26 August 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#68 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Technically, both is required.  While WP may end up with a certain amount of leverage on the price of their goods, Gravity still controls what items are available at all.  Requests to drop out an item completely would have to go though them, and they are probably sleeping now.

#69 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Even if bomb number 99 wasnt a kafra shop exclusive item that was obtainable in-game some way it's still a horribly designed item. The bomb basically bandaids PvE Raid issues and shats on PvP at the same time.

Tweak your game the right way besides that easy fix, dont implement the bomb.

Also this is the patch times for Colo T2. GOGO

Edited by Haboob, 26 August 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#70 idpetey

idpetey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

instead of doing bomb 99 which is supper -.-ing lame... why not just do what maplestory does? Sell skill upgrades in CS... everyone wants short cooldown on rez and since that's obvi not going to happen why the -.- not just selling the reduced cooldown in CS instead of these bomb 99 which easily sounds like its going to wreck a lot of the fun, you either make the bombs super cheap like 1-2dollars a pop and that means you'll make like $10-20(making the game super boring) a -.-ing raid run... or 10-20 dollars a pop and make it really not worthwhile and have no one buy them.... 

or you could just sell something actually useful like priest/sorc rez cooldown change and actually have things require some skill?? I would just suggest change the cooldown for free.. but thats obvi not going to happen

#71 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Any news about the mage's Lightning Bolt bug? You know, the one that causes Lightning Bolt to display the animation when you use it but doesn't carry out the damage.

Hope it's fixed this patch...I really want to use lightning bolt again ;~;

http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1453271

#72 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Technically, both is required.  While WP may end up with a certain amount of leverage on the price of their goods, Gravity still controls what items are available at all.  Requests to drop out an item completely would have to go though them, and they are probably sleeping now.

Gravity controls what items are available, but shouldn't WP be able to choose which ones they personally want for their server? Hence why all the servers have different sets of items. It bothers me that they even thought Bomb No. 99 was a good idea in the first place.

#73 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Gravity controls what items are available, but shouldn't WP be able to choose which ones they personally want for their server? Hence why all the servers have different sets of items. It bothers me that they even thought Bomb No. 99 was a good idea in the first place.

Actually, that doesn't fully seem to be the case.  WP has the capacity to negotiate stuff like that, but they have to actually do the negotiations, they can't just fully veto things.  Such is also why WP is pretty much forced to report it, they may have even put it in the notes, hating it personally, so they can show such to Gravity to get them to change their minds.

#74 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Actually, that doesn't fully seem to be the case.  WP has the capacity to negotiate stuff like that, but they have to actually do the negotiations, they can't just fully veto things.  Such is also why WP is pretty much forced to report it, they may have even put it in the notes, hating it personally, so they can show such to Gravity to get them to change their minds.

If that's truly how it works, then it is Gravity's fault for a poor design. However, there has been situations in the past where items were removed quickly from the patch notes including Kafra items like the Rune Elixirs. Most of the patch notes were posted at around the same time, so in comparison, we're seeing a much slower reaction for something that has a much higher influence on the game.

Nevertheless, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to WP. I hope we will see some changes before the patch is actually released.

#75 kuyaK12

kuyaK12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

STOP COMPLAINING AND MAKE YOUR OWN PERFECT GAME.
Though I have complains too LOL.
1.Are we recieving our capes? Its been a month.
2. Large robberbug card pleaseeee

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users