[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#1 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

To mods: Please do not delete this thread and just ask me to file a support ticket. I posted this to inform everyone of a zeny exploit on Classic, this can't be done anymore anyway since the USRC NPCs are gone. It's better if more players were aware about this so they can avoid having deals with suspicious people. This can help prevent people from being involved in whatever action the GM team would take.

...RIP Classic?

Read the video description. I don't understand why the GMs didn't just open a Sakray server for Classic. Things like this are bound to happen, unless the management really knows their thing and can determine any and every possible exploit and adjust whatever it is they're implementing to make it invulnerable.

For those who didn't understand the video, it's simple.
1. Make a novice, get him to town so you can invite him into a guild with recall.
2. Delete the said novice, make a novice with the same exact name.
3. Bring the novice to the USRC grounds, change him to a Mastersmith/Biochemist with level 10 Enlarge Weight Limit and 99 STR.
4. Farm zeny by doing the following steps: buy slim potion tokens, get free pots from the consumable refiller, sell to the tool dealer, restock your slim pots, sell, repeat.
6. Once you have enough zeny, logon the guild leader of the guild and cast recall in a castle.
7. Your USRC character will get recalled. You're now outside the USRC map.
8. Transfer the zeny, bwing (savepoint: USRC map), repeat from step 4.

You can't do this anymore since the USRC NPCs are gone, but GMs feel free to check and see for yourselves to confirm that this method works. I tried this on 2 novices though - made a novice, deleted, made a novice with the same name and made him a swordsman then recalled. It worked. Guild window will show the character as a level 1 novice but you will still get recalled. This is a very old trick and I don't know why the GMs didn't forsee this. People used to do this to get their allies' guild leaders recalled into the same spot (create novice, invite to guild, delete, create another one and make him a guild leader). This makes 1 recall actually mean 4 recalls (1 guild with 3 guild leaders as "members") in the same spot without having the 3 other guild leaders walk/snap to the recall spot. Anyway...

How many people do you think know about this exploitable characteristic of the guild system, and how many of them actually used this to their advantage? It's not like the arena was monitored by GMs 24/7, so who knows if big guilds did this during times when the population was at its lowest? How long has the USRC arena been on Classic? How much zeny do you think has been added to the market? How many people have had successful deals involving dirty zeny? Anyone who watched the video can tell you that this method could potentially produce an unlimited amount of zeny that can be spent outside the USRC map (a.k.a. ZENY THAT ISN'T USELESS; ZENY THAT AFFECTS THE IN-GAME ECONOMY). Also, say hello to unlimited blue pots, slims, cobwebs, coating bottles, etc. Poison bottles and bomb sets are technically unlimited too, but fortunately nobody would find it practical to exert the amount of effort required to obtain a huge supply of these things. Nonetheless, this still means free WOE supplies for everybody... well, for everybody who abused this, at least!

Another thing that could have possibly happened is, people made level 85/90 trans characters and brought them to the "main" world then just get the rest of the levels. That would have saved them a lot of time and supplies! This is very easy to detect though because of the Unknown Item everyone gets once they enter the USRC map. I guess the GMs can just wipe all characters with those Unknown Items.

Lastly, people could have brought in items from the main world and used them during the USRC matches. How? Do the same-name-novice thing in the video, pass on gears to the USRC character, bwing. Variant Shoes, Valk gear, overupgraded items, and even god items could have been used! I'm not sure if the GMs checked each and every player's equipment during the tournament but if not then some teams might have had an item advantage over the others. Having a way to get out of the arena also means people had access to storage. BG gears for USRC, anyone? Heck, people could have just warped (yes, it's possible...just make a Champ/HP USRC char, get recalled, warp to your savepoint) their 98/70 trans characters or w/e into the USRC map and used them in the matches if the GMs weren't too keen on the characters' levels. Anyway USRC is over and the winners have been announced so let's get over it. I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything illegit; I'm just saying that it MIGHT have happened.

I'm actually thankful the GMs gave the USRC cards/equipment a bit of thought. Giving them the "USRC" prefix makes it easier to wipe all the items, but no one knows if some people used those cards on normal equipment and used them for PVM/WOE. I'm talking about something like everybody reflecting MVP earthquake by using free USRC Maya Cards. I also wouldn't be surprised if a random WOE video shows some guy sporting a Dark Randgris Helm[1]. I know, too obvious and it's a free ticket to getting a permaban, but you get the point.. (Before I forget, as far as I know DRH isn't even supposed to be slotted in RWC/USRC lol. This isn't really related to the issue at hand but uh... -_-)

As for the zeny issue, I suggest that you do at least one of the ff.:
- server rollback to the time before you implemented the USRC arena
- zeny wipe, but you have to make sure that people don't have any means to save even just a portion of their (possibly exploited) zeny. one method for people to do this is buying a -_-load of mastelas and then selling them back to the npc after the wipe
- trace and revert all trades involving zeny which came from the USRC arena, and then wipe the said zeny <-- best thing to do, but I doubt it's possible
- think of other ways to deal with this issue? lol

I know that doing the things I suggested would generate a lot of negative feedback from the community but what else can you do? I'm sure this thing has been going on for weeks and I don't think people would like to play on a server which suddenly had billions or maybe trillions of zeny added to the market because of a faulty, abusable system. Anyone who had a lot of time to kill could have generated A LOT of zeny in just a few hours. People might have even used bots for this. I hope this thread can be kept open so that others can post their suggestions on how to fix this problem.

tl;dr - Zeny and supplies were definitely brought out of the USRC map. Something must be done about this if we don't want a really screwed up game economy. It's possible that main world items were transferred to USRC characters to be used in matches. Moreover, main world characters might have been used to participate in USRC, but this is much less of a concern as the tourney is over.

EDIT: NOT my video, so please don't ask more details about it. I posted everything I know here.

Edited by IAmMysteltainn, 25 August 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Jesus.

#3 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

I don't even...

#4 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Epic

#5 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've seen people put chats up to buy things for ridiculous prices, I guess this is the reason why.

#6 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

I remember someone in a differet topic saying that he noticed something happening with the classic market, there you have it.

#7 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

just when things were starting to go well on classic -_-

one suggestion- server restart.

#8 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Honestly not surprised a exploit exists. Putting USRC on a main server? Genius idea.

#9 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

@Ascend that was me, I just waited until I confirmed it myself before I posted this topic.

#10 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Oh my

#11 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

@Ascend that was me, I just waited until I confirmed it myself before I posted this topic.

Haha, sorry, I didn't remember the name of the person, just what he said.

Well, anyway, let's be honest - that's it for classic.

If they do a rollback, everyone will quit.

If they do a total zenywipe, everyone will quit.

If they do nothing, everyone will quit with such a screwed up market.

Even IF they try to locate all that money, they never will and some people will dodge the banhammer with their connections anyway.

#12 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

GOOOD GOD!

#13 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Wow why should my guild even stay here and play legitly if you can't bother to patrol your own server iro the only server were legit players/guilds get the shaft and get left behind

#14 tavern

tavern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

LOL

#15 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

wait, that old guild trick still work? Nice... slurp back you drool man.

#16 Durandal0504

Durandal0504

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

what the hell? instant level 90+ 2.147b zeny? daz fuk up

Edited by Durandal0504, 25 August 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#17 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

#mindblown

#18 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Aaaaaaaaand classic is dead, great job GMs /no1

#19 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Haha, sorry, I didn't remember the name of the person, just what he said.

Well, anyway, let's be honest - that's it for classic.

If they do a rollback, everyone will quit.

If they do a total zenywipe, everyone will quit.

If they do nothing, everyone will quit with such a screwed up market.

Even IF they try to locate all that money, they never will and some people will dodge the banhammer with their connections anyway.

Yep, especially if this had been going on ever since the USRC map was implemented on the server. People have been in a total of hundreds of deals for sure, can they revert everything? I pity those guys who leeched and were paid illegit zeny, they might lose the money they made and the other guy gets free levels (and a ban too, hopefully).

#20 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

mmm 8pm on a Sunday i wonder if  the GMs/CMs so late a night /gg  Free Airship zeny! Does the server record character creation & deletion?  At least that way you could see who did/abused it... although all the zeny created would have been spent by now... ?

Edited by Sackof, 25 August 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#21 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

RIP

#22 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

That's not good, that virtually makes every dollar someone spend on classic to get ahead worthless along with a lot other bad things :( 

This is why I don't play classic and I sure hope something like this doesn't happen in chaos :/

#23 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Do you even realize the implications of that much Zeny ur talking god item sets MVP cards major micro transactions that a IRS agent would pull his hair out now what a sorry guys I doubt I want to stay here after this I spend week after week helping my guild get ready and this is just a spit in the face

#24 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

mmm 8pm on a Sunday i wonder if  the GMs/CMs so late a night /gg  Free Airship zeny! Does the server record character creation & deletion?  At least that way you could see who did it... although all the zeny created would have been spent by now... ?

I'm sure money has been distributed to different people all over the server by now. Are they going to punish everyone who plays on Classic for this? I hope not.

#25 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

People always slip through the cracks even if they manage to get most of the offenders. With the OCA fiasco on ymir a long while back they think they got everyone but between 2 people I know of 7500 ocas that slipped through the cracks lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users