[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Page 12 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#276 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

You may notice some people in this very thread get very very very quiet for some odd reason.  

#277 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Is it me or the 12 pages of this thread have people that don't even play Classic want it rolled back or deleted?

#278 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

It's not just you. 

#279 AkainuRagnarok

AkainuRagnarok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

so SNSD wussup boi i heard u got banned too? c/d?

#280 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

yea i got banned q_q oda release my acc! hueheuhe

#281 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Why don't you just call people out, Oda? Especially the ones who talked so much crap in this thread.

Unless you plan on unbanning them in the future, I don't see why you couldn't do that.

#282 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Impossible, for items that skills need such as potions (for throwing), the iron, or other items that are consumed by skill use we cannot make the skill see the new item as valid. Currently Oda is tracking down all the zeny transactions. As for items... we have interesting ideas for those and will make any character with these items unplayable...

or could just make it like old USRC where each player only got like 3m to spend for consumeables and usrc npc gear

#283 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Players PAY to play the game and know it better than the people who get PAID to know it.

Any of you guys remember "What is Crimson Rock and what does it do?"

:heh:

#284 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

You may notice some people in this very thread get very very very quiet for some odd reason.

Best post you've made! If only you could commentate this well :P xD

#285 Tovar

Tovar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Is it me or the 12 pages of this thread have people that don't even play Classic want it rolled back or deleted?

Not at all! I'll come back full geared after this :D

#286 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

this is because of the tokens.. 

#287 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Impossible, for items that skills need such as potions (for throwing), the iron, or other items that are consumed by skill use we cannot make the skill see the new item as valid. Currently Oda is tracking down all the zeny transactions. As for items... we have interesting ideas for those and will make any character with these items unplayable...

oh..then why not just give everyone 10mil and sell items (not tokens) like how usrc is really supposed to be? at least if someone abused the free zeny then the impact wouldve been much less. anyway its over so just avoid making the same mistake in the future

#288 tavern

tavern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

i'm pretty sure a lot of people that traded or sold items for illegit zeny are getting caught in the banning crossfire. what happens to all that illegit zeny that people traded away and sold items for? will they get reimbursed? or their items back? Oda can't possibly do all of this himself, the damage has been done. oh well, i don't even play anymore so doesn't affect me, lol.

#289 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

i'm pretty sure a lot of people that traded or sold items for illegit zeny are getting caught in the banning crossfire. what happens to all that illegit zeny that people traded away and sold items for? will they get reimbursed? or their items back? Oda can't possibly do all of this himself, the damage has been done. oh well, i don't even play anymore so doesn't affect me, lol.

That was my concern and it DOES affect me because I DO still play and I plan on continuing to do so.  My concern is that last week I was vending (<100m items) with a chat up selling (>100m+ items) for several days and I only sold a few things in that time period.  Then on like Saturday-ish timeframe I sold like 1b+ worth of stuff in about 10 minutes.  Seems slightly fishy to me but potentially could be legit I suppose.  I asked that person if it was usrc money and they said no.

Clearly there is no way of knowing for sure, but to help illustrate my point and set up my qestions, let's assume that person used USRC zeny to buy things out of my vends and trades.  I really hope I don't become an example of what tavern mentioned.  If and when the zeny is removed and the criminals are banned:

1. Will the items that the criminal bought be banned along with the criminal account(s)/IP(s)? 

-Will that person's account be not accessable or deleted entirely?  Personally I would prefer that they be deleted entirely.

2. Would law-abiding people like me be banned for trading with these criminals?  

-I would think not if only vending but what about trading...?

3. What if they were bought on an intermidiate character and then possibly traded to yet another character?

-Maybe THAT character is the real criminal or the criminal's main char.

4. Will the exploited zeny that I got in exchange for my normally earned items be removed from the server and from my account?

-I hope not unless I get my items back.

I feel like some combination of IP and individual account banning would be able to take care of it.  Get the IPs and accounts of all the people who made the USRC characters who were recalled, and of course the recaller, then like what has been discussed, track where the zeny went in the initial trade and get those accounts and IPs and ban those too and on down the line.  Also it would be important to get all IPs that logged in those accounts and other accounts associated with those IPs.  I understand that could cause some collateral damage because a lot of people use other peoples' accounts etc. and it would ban people whose players were used by the criminals even though they didn't do anything criminal.  However I would challenge someone that gave their account to someone that hopefully they could have an intuition for whether that other peson could be trusted and that they were a legit player etc.

Sorry I am not familiar with how any sort of this corrective action works.  I've never experienced something like this.  To me this is pretty mind boggling.  All I know is that for people who are found guilty of counterfeiting US dollars, they face 15 years in prison, full restitution, and other fines.  Stuff like this in a silly game on a micro scale can lead to criminal activity on a macro scale down the road though.  

So if you're reading this and you did it, shame on you and I hope you get what's coming to you in this silly game, but at the same time, it's in the past, so go ahead and forgive yourself and change.  You're better than that!  You are capable of earning your way to the top.  You don't have to cheat your way there.  And you won't have to live with any constant annoying thoughts about any sort of repercussions for things that you know you've done.  And trust me I'm not perfect so don't take my message the wrong way.  In a way I wish I would have done the exploit too, but to me it's just way too much effort to have to lie and always wonder if I will get caught doing stupid, unethical crap like that.  I don't know about you, but I need to have my piece of mind.

PS - This might be my first post on the warp portal forums because I'm a little annoyed my brother named me MANWAY.  He made my warp portal account a few years ago before I started playing lol (this is Manwe). I must say this whole thing is causing quite a stir if I'm actually reading this thread and posting something :P  Before some of you haters start accusing me of stuff, I never made a character on USRC just FYI.  Hopefully you guys don't harrass me too much :)

Edited by MANWAY, 27 August 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#290 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

That was my concern and it DOES affect me because I DO still play and I plan on continuing to do so.  My concern is that last week I was vending (<100m items) with a chat up selling (>100m+ items) for several days and I only sold a few things in that time period.  Then on like Saturday-ish timeframe I sold like 1b+ worth of stuff in about 10 minutes.  Seems slightly fishy to me but potentially could be legit I suppose.  I asked that person if it was usrc money and they said no.

Clearly there is no way of knowing for sure, but to help illustrate my point and set up my qestions, let's assume that person used USRC zeny to buy things out of my vends and trades.  I really hope I don't become an example of what tavern mentioned.  If and when the zeny is removed and the criminals are banned:

1. Will the items that the criminal bought be banned along with the criminal account(s)/IP(s)? 

-Will that person's account be not accessable or deleted entirely?  Personally I would prefer that they be deleted entirely.

2. Would law-abiding people like me be banned for trading with these criminals?  

-I would think not if only vending but what about trading...?

3. What if they were bought on an intermidiate character and then possibly traded to yet another character?

-Maybe THAT character is the real criminal or the criminal's main char.

4. Will the exploited zeny that I got in exchange for my normally earned items be removed from the server and from my account?

-I hope not unless I get my items back.

I feel like some combination of IP and individual account banning would be able to take care of it.  Get the IPs and accounts of all the people who made the USRC characters who were recalled, and of course the recaller, then like what has been discussed, track where the zeny went in the initial trade and get those accounts and IPs and ban those too and on down the line.  Also it would be important to get all IPs that logged in those accounts and other accounts associated with those IPs.  I understand that could cause some collateral damage because a lot of people use other peoples' accounts etc. and it would ban people whose players were used by the criminals even though they didn't do anything criminal.  However I would challenge someone that gave their account to someone that hopefully they could have an intuition for whether that other peson could be trusted and that they were a legit player etc.

Sorry I am not familiar with how any sort of this corrective action works.  I've never experienced something like this.  To me this is pretty mind boggling.  All I know is that for people who are found guilty of counterfeiting US dollars, they face 15 years in prison, full restitution, and other fines.  Stuff like this in a silly game on a micro scale can lead to criminal activity on a macro scale down the road though.  

So if you're reading this and you did it, shame on you and I hope you get what's coming to you in this silly game, but at the same time, it's in the past, so go ahead and forgive yourself and change.  You're better than that!  You are capable of earning your way to the top.  You don't have to cheat your way there.  And you won't have to live with any constant annoying thoughts about any sort of repercussions for things that you know you've done.  And trust me I'm not perfect so don't take my message the wrong way.  In a way I wish I would have done the exploit too, but to me it's just way too much effort to have to lie and always wonder if I will get caught doing stupid, unethical crap like that.  I don't know about you, but I need to have my piece of mind.

PS - This might be my first post on the warp portal forums because I'm a little annoyed my brother named me MANWAY.  He made my warp portal account a few years ago before I started playing lol (this is Manwe). I must say this whole thing is causing quite a stir if I'm actually reading this thread and posting something  :P  Before some of you haters start accusing me of stuff, I never made a character on USRC just FYI.  Hopefully you guys don't harrass me too much :)

if your account is not under investigation then the zeny you recieved is legit. alot of people i know got b& and had nothing to do with the exploits, so i assume they tracking every single corners and cracks.

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 27 August 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#291 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

zzz

So I just went to log on my mage (funny story it's level 90 because I was leeching it in thors and was like "I'll wait till the end of this BM before job changing"). But yeah... I did some cross server trading my huge amounts of renewal zeny for some classic zeny and that account is banned, probably due to this very exploit.

You know all I want to do is play and people have to ruin it for people who don't care to abuse the game at every turn. Some comfort to be taken in the fact that it's being investigated at this level, but still screw it.

And if they did trade me illegal zeny then yeah, that has to be deleted, it's the right thing. Except I spent a good amount of what I traded for already, so I'll have negative guild funding.

Good job messing the entire game up for everyone else you Hygiene Product.

Edited by Campitor, 27 August 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#292 Tovar

Tovar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Wanna know the saddest thing about it? People who washed zeny making more than two Xserver trades or by trading WPE codes aren't b&, nor the people trading zeny for Xserver gears.

#293 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Dam I better chck my accounts as I sold 800mil worth of stuff this week been to the doctor all day

#294 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Wanna know the saddest thing about it? People who washed zeny making more than two Xserver trades or by trading WPE codes aren't b&, nor the people trading zeny for Xserver gears.

Glad to hear you know something! I expect you to be PMing me what you know soon! Thank you for your information.

#295 Tovar

Tovar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Are you going to pay me to do your job?

#296 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I can try to get you some leads but most of the server to server forum trade posts have been deleted or edited

#297 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

I can try to get you some leads but most of the server to server forum trade posts have been deleted or edited

You don't have to go digging just if you know something please let me know.

#298 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not like you do anything with player tips anyway, except when it saves face.

#299 zalooc

zalooc

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

<Oda: C00las, is there something wrong with your regular posting account?>

#300 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

I said same harsh stuff during the last few hours and would like to apologize for that to Oda and Campitor as well (Sorry about that post in the live stream topic anyway, Oda).

However, depending on how this whole story goes - and I really would like an open investigation for this whole mess - I may come back to Classic as a paying customer, even if by then the server only consists of bots and maybe 5 playing people, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users