[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Page 4 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#76 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

We are able to track the characters that were in the USRC arena, IP and item logs and will be checking the item logs tomorrow. The NPCs are off so there is no reason to remove the thread. Of course players would try to exploit it if possible, and we are able to track those items. You see now why we took the time to create untradable cards and gear...

Best of luck...

#77 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

We are able to track the characters that were in the USRC arena, IP and item logs and will be checking the item logs tomorrow. The NPCs are off so there is no reason to remove the thread. Of course players would try to exploit it if possible, and we are able to track those items. You see now why we took the time to create untradable cards and gear...

What about all that money that spilled into the main server that has already been traded to legit people?

#78 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

How about all the trades that happened? i suggest you revert all deals that had exploited zeny involved.

Also you can't just ban everyone who received exploited zeny.

People buy leeches. people buy KP/WPE. how are you going to deal with trade windows with zeny on the other side and empty on the other? how are you gonna be so sure that no legit person gets banned and each and every person who abused gets punished?

classic = fail smh -_-

Edited by 1756492860, 25 August 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#79 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

lol reminds me when Saishi logged on usrc area bought 100 ray cards mailed them to another char in sakray and he got perma banned LOL

#80 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

So your able to trace ALL the zenny that was glitched over? If not, roll back. None want billions of zenny floating around.

#81 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

But that's the thing - You have a community with years worth of knowledge of this game and while not all of them are willing to help (for whatever reasons) others do, so why do dev's who obviously aren't as well informed put stuff into the game - WITHOUT PRIOR TESTING and then expect no -_- to hit the fan?

No matter how much they test, something will always be possible. They've had a pretty...not great record so far with various interesting npc related bugs on this server. But for every bug we've had I'm sure there's probably a dozen they've managed to prevent.

The GM team is limited in resources and doing the best they can, try not to -_- all over them and discourage them from doing what they can to help keep our server interesting and appealing to players. It's taken us a while to get them to listen to us about important things (mids, account bound gear etc) but they're more interested in hearing what we have to say now than ever before.

#82 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

I wish something could be done about all the zeny got in usrc not just some ban :\ what about wipe all the zeny got after the maint that put usrc on? is that possible? -_-

#83 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

But that's the thing - You have a community with years worth of knowledge of this game and while not all of them are willing to help (for whatever reasons) others do, so why do dev's who obviously aren't as well informed put stuff into the game - WITHOUT PRIOR TESTING and then expect no -_- to hit the fan?

I think there were many many many many offers/suggestions to help, from "veterans" from IRO at the inception of classic server on how to make sure things were not exploited, and how to make the community/game more enjoyable and sustainable over the long term. However, maybe due to poor staffing or other reasons unknown to us the community was ignored (ex: account bound gear, slow content implementation, map spawn implementation... and so on).  As many of the more experienced players suggestions were ignored the community stopped or didn't care to give input on new content created by the gms and that is why we are in this current pickle.  I can remember a few instances where in game where the GM announced a "new feature" or were going to implement something and older players were like "i hope the gms remembered to fix this bug before they put in the map...." low and behold, boom bug was still in and got exploited...    

I know now we cannot expect the gms to have the knowledge of what the community knows about the server/game, but come on....    jeez its been a long slow death for classic....  I think if the GMs had gotten a group of experience players to help them test from the beginning of classic there would have been a healthier community/game... hindsight is 20/20  TO THE ESCAPE AIRSHIPS!

#84 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

No matter how much they test, something will always be possible. They've had a pretty...not great record so far with various interesting npc related bugs on this server. But for every bug we've had I'm sure there's probably a dozen they've managed to prevent.

The GM team is limited in resources and doing the best they can, try not to -_- all over them and discourage them from doing what they can to help keep our server interesting and appealing to players. It's taken us a while to get them to listen to us about important things (mids, account bound gear etc) but they're more interested in hearing what we have to say now than ever before.

It took us a year to even make them listen - to things that should have been obvious from the start, I don't call that an accomplishent.

I have no problem with praising people for good work, but what we get presented here is not good work, it's sloppy word.

That Guild Recall bug has been known for how long? Years? It's not like it just came to light and the dev's couldn't have expected it....

#85 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

I wish something could be done about all the zeny got in usrc not just some ban :\ what about wipe all the zeny got after the maint that put usrc on? is that possible? -_-

Yes,

- zeny wipe, but you have to make sure that people don't have any means to save even just a portion of their (possibly exploited) zeny. one method for people to do this is buying a -_-load of mastelas and then selling them back to the npc after the wipe

I hope they won't use a solution which is exploitable as well. Sigh.

#86 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think there were many many many many offers/suggestions to help, from "veterans" from IRO at the inception of classic server on how to make sure things were not exploited, and how to make the community/game more enjoyable and sustainable over the long term. However, maybe due to poor staffing or other reasons unknown to us the community was ignored (ex: account bound gear, slow content implementation, map spawn implementation... and so on).  As many of the more experienced players suggestions were ignored the community stopped or didn't care to give input on new content created by the gms and that is why we are in this current pickle.  I can remember a few instances where in game where the GM announced a "new feature" or were going to implement something and older players were like "i hope the gms remembered to fix this bug before they put in the map...." low and behold, boom bug was still in and got exploited...    

I know now we cannot expect the gms to have the knowledge of what the community knows about the server/game, but come on....    jeez its been a long slow death for classic....  I think if the GMs had gotten a group of experience players to help them test from the beginning of classic there would have been a healthier community/game... hindsight is 20/20  TO THE ESCAPE AIRSHIPS!

Dude, that's the point I was making - They have people who know their -_- but ignore them and then whine about "WE COULDN'T HAVE KNOWN THIS!".

#87 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

If it's such an obvious thing, why didnt you instantly think of it and inform the GMs? If some of our outspoken anti-cheat/exploit people didnt quite think about using it, it's really not that surprising that the GMs missed it. There have been issues with misc exploits that people warned them about and still got added (like the orc memorial dungeon), but there have also been things like BGs added that work fine (after a little bit of tinkering to make them work and then some to make them work properly after that).

Sackofs post sums it up pretty well, at and around launch Heim had plenty of ideas and opinions offered by some of the long-standing players. But after asking for their opinions he mostly just ignored them and went with what he thought would be best. Now that he's not really someone who interacts much with Classic its been much easier for us to talk with Oda and Campitor and they've opened up the foundry and reversed some big issues with the server. Sure this should have been something they dealt with earlier but it's what we've got.

#88 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

What do you expect?

They've told them countless times, got ignored - some even banned for it (lol) - over and over again until they lost their drive.

If they knew the bug was there, they also knew that other people would abuse it and they also knew from past experience that WP can't carry their own weight and people will get away without a scratch even if they tell on them and get heard.

So I bet most of them deceided to either keep shut or join in, they got nothing to loose anyway with something on such a grand scale.

#89 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

You're right I bet there were like 20 more people who knew exactly that this would happen and that they'd love to throw away their gear/gods/characters just so they can make some zeny!

#90 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

You're right I bet there were like 20 more people who knew exactly that this would happen and that they'd love to throw away their gear/gods/characters just so they can make some zeny!

i bet they didn't know the method would become public and known by the GMs :P

i never knew that something dead could be killed again. this exploit did it.

Edited by 1756492860, 25 August 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#91 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

There's no way something like this ever stays silent, this one guy, who (if he's telling the truth) is a part of a small guild and noticed the effect this had on the economy. Just imagine how much different this would have been if the server was larger and this was exploited in a larger scale.

#92 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

i bet they didn't know the method would become public and known by the GMs :P

i never knew that something dead could be killed again. this exploit did it.

Actually, the opposite - something on this scale would eventuelly get found out, but if they didn't act like total idiots, they could make some money while still avoiding being banned.

This -_- has been going on for weeks now, if they only did it the first few days, made enough trades to make the GM's lose the trail and only brought the money onto their main accounts with the last trades, they're off fine with enough zeny to buy godlikes like candy.

#93 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

This -_- has been going on for weeks now, if they only did it the first few days, made enough trades to make the GM's lose the trail and only brought the money onto their main accounts with the last trades, they're off fine with enough zeny to buy godlikes like candy.

true. there are always people who get away with things like this. foolproof solution to make sure no one benefits? server rollback to the day before they put usrc in. people would lose levels/items they earned but at least the billions of zeny generated would be gone.

#94 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

true. there are always people who get away with things like this. foolproof solution to make sure no one benefits? server rollback to the day before they put usrc in. people would lose levels/items they earned but at least the billions of zeny generated would be gone.

You could just as well close the server right there.

#95 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

From what I understand this isnt even the worst bug they've introduced to a live server through implementing USRC. Everyone calling for rollbacks and shutting down the server seems to really be overdoing it.

#96 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

losing a few weeks of leveling work, etc. is better than have a server with 100bil or 200bil or idk 500bil added (not changed hands) in the market? its like people picked up loots which sold for that much but not everyone had an equal chance to do so. no one else lost that amount of money lol i wouldnt play on a server like that.

Themes so what's the worst bug?

Edited by 1756492860, 25 August 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#97 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

I believe someone may have mentioned it earlier? Something about Angelings being a part of the default kit and being able to mail them to other characters.

I guess the mail system being enabled at all if you want to generalise it some.

Edited by Themes, 25 August 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#98 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

ET GTB bug

#99 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

angelings? default kit? what?

#100 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1405 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

ET GTB bug

I was meaning specifically referring to USRC bugs, but you're right, they've done far worse for other various things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users