[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Page 5 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#101 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Troy guy also was insane

#102 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Be prepared to bite the bullet!

I remember I posted a thread once about this once... and what did people say?  Simple answers: Rage quit, Continue from scratch, or... cry?

honestly if server rolls back, i will have to make sure I get all my character names back!!!! That's a given.

Edited by HeIIraiser, 25 August 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#103 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

I was meaning specifically referring to USRC bugs, but you're right, they've done far worse for other various things.

Yea, like summoner LOLOL

#104 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Well what's done is done. I think you guys are exaggerating the impact of zeny. It would be a different story if everyone on the server now had a Belt. But just because there is alot of zeny on the Market its not going to also increase the number of MVP Cards / God items. I think the GMs should just go after the big ticket items.

#105 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well what's done is done. I think you guys are exaggerating the impact of zeny. It would be a different story if everyone on the server now had a Belt. But just because there is alot of zeny on the Market its not going to also increase the number of MVP Cards / God items. I think the GMs should just go after the big ticket items.

everyone's zeny would be able to buy less now that zeny value had gone down due to this. adding a lot of currency to the market in a snap is a big problem to any economy. it's like people printed a lot of 100 dollar bills just because they felt like it (no equivalent value in gold).

ok number of god items/mvp cards didn't increase, but people buy and sell kp/wpe. now the people who have a lot of z can just buy everyone else's wpe and have a year worth of vip, an unlimited stock of consumables and other kp items. on top of that the price of everything would surely go up lol don't you see how bad the impact of this is?

Edited by 1756492860, 25 August 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#106 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

everyone's zeny would be able to buy less now that zeny value had gone down due to this. adding a lot of currency to the market in a snap is a big problem to any economy. it's like people printed a lot of 100 dollar bills just because they felt like it (no equivalent value in gold).

This zeny dumping happens everyday by Bots, it happened a while back with the foods. It won't be perfect for everyone. Yes your zeny might be a worth a little less, but your gears would now be worth a little more. Most big guilds already spam supplies as if they have unlimited. I personally don't see this zeny influx effecting the WOE gameplay.

I would have been more worried if it was a rare item (god item, etc) instead of zeny.

Edited by Habee, 25 August 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#107 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

This zeny dumping happens everyday by Bots

i'm p sure farmer bots don't -_- 100bil zeny a day

#108 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

i'm p sure farmer bots don't -_- 100bil zeny a day

You are right .. the point I am trying to make is its not like there are 100s of new god items created so the game(play) isn't going to be ruined anymore than it already is.

As long as the GMs can search for (new) accounts created with huge amounts of zeny and investigate those the damage in the long run shouldn't be huge. ex. checking accounts with more than 10bil zeny or something like that.

#109 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

You are right .. the point I am trying to make is its not like there are 100s of new god items created so the game(play) isn't going to be ruined anymore than it already is.

as i said, zeny can buy a lot of things. not just god items/mvp cards. kp, wpe, supplies, items to overupgrade (or even overupgaded items), leeches, etc.

as for the game being ruined, don't you think the server would be more doomed if a lot more people quit because of this? -_-

#110 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

First second USRC came out on the same server I stated to a friend that "I bet there is a way to get characters onto the main server, free level 85/90 trans" I however did not think about the zeny aspect at all, absent minded a bit I guess.

#111 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

So... under that kind of logic, do you find fair that because they cheated a little, they can have the funds to buy whatever mvp card, god, or whatever item comes out for sale? Your logic has so many holes to list them all, this is just the principal one.

#112 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

RIP classic maybe it's the right time to merge classic into renewal lol

Ps: only chars no zenies r transferable

Edited by Handersen, 25 August 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#113 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

except no one likes Renewal because it's possibly the -_-tiest path the game could have taken. For gameplay reasons, for new player incentive it did a hell of a job.

#114 Lupus

Lupus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Sure, let's pretend that inflation isn't a thing.  And that the exploiters would only spend exorbitant amounts of zeny on end game items and not the more common -_- that fuels the server.  Nope, definitely wouldn't do that.

#115 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

except no one likes Renewal because it's possibly the -_-tiest path the game could have taken. For gameplay reasons, for new player incentive it did a hell of a job.

Renewal will have woe TE soon

#116 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

They could add 40 new woes.

If the mechanics of the game and the skills are screwed up then why would it matter?

#117 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Living in the past isn't the best thing, things change and you adapt.

#118 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

pretty much this :)

#119 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Rolling back everything without checking first would be lazy and unprofessional.

GMs should check every character that was made in the classic USRC / trace their activities and go from there.

#120 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Yup /no1

#121 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Rolling back everything without checking first would be lazy and unprofessional.

GMs should check every character that was made in the classic USRC / trace their activities and go from there.

Permanent ban the exploiters I guess and IP ban

#122 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hmm I dont believe there will be a happy end... I hope they get all involved people banned.

I knew the UC exploit a few years ago. I remember guilds who used this to get their ally's uc leader into the castle with uc. However I didn't expect this.

#123 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Well, that's a stupid analogy. Renewal and Classic are 2 completely different games.

#124 Zyllene

Zyllene

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Was I the only one that noticed you could get a player name and a guild name from that video? :p_omg:

I'll give you all a hint. Watch for a slip-up right after the recall cast. The guy starts walking around the castle room then quickly changes directions just as someone else appears on screen for just a fraction of a second. It took me about 20 tries to pause it just right and get a screenshot to zoom in on. I checked ROPD and these two genius' weren't even clever enough to use character names/guild names that don't exist on the server already.

#125 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

Renewal people stop trolling in classic thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users