[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Page 6 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#126 Tovar

Tovar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

I remember when GMs said they would check all the accounts involved with the OCA npc yet so many of them kept the OCAs

#127 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

Was I the only one that noticed you could get a player name and a guild name from that video? :p_omg:

I'll give you all a hint. Watch for a slip-up right after the recall cast. The guy starts walking around the castle room then quickly changes directions just as someone else appears on screen for just a fraction of a second. It took me about 20 tries to pause it just right and get a screenshot to zoom in on. I checked ROPD and these two genius' weren't even clever enough to use character names/guild names that don't exist on the server already.

Niiiiice catch! I used keepvid.com and grabbed a 720p rip to open up on VLC... and whaddya know, clear as day. :3  Fun times~

#128 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Really absurd :pif:

#129 Zyllene

Zyllene

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Well, his "body language", if cartoons have such a thing, was a dead giveaway. It just screamed of "-_- I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar".  I hope I've at least given the GMs a solid lead on starting the investigation.

In other news, I agree with many of the posts against a rollback. While it is the most bulletproof way to make sure that all zeny from this exploit is removed... I sure as hell don't feel like losing many days/hours/weeks/whatevers of time for something done by someone else regardless of how widespread it is or isn't. I didn't exploit zeny and I shouldn't be punished for it nor should any other innocent member of the community. It will definitely make me reconsider my desire to continue playing. Perhaps I'd get over it. Perhaps I'd go to Renewal even though I ****ing hate it. Or I might very well just quit, and if they did a rollback right now while I'm thinking about it and upset I'd be quitting.

#130 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

where is Xellie? she is not going to post something? or OP, are you are Xellie?

I was sleeping. I missed the accidental WoE too!

I think you should leave her name out of it. She's not here to defend herself and this thread is probably going to be deleted before she ever reads it (she's asleep around this time).

zzzz did they actually accuse me? I already reported and saw one USRC illegal character exploit fixed and I STILL can't buy all the things I want! What a coincidence!

Saying you can also, recall the gears there is in there and the ton of zeny. I just can'T even tell how much can be made in no time.

If anyone recalled the gears, or made an instant 90+ trans char and recalled it out, they will be caught. Those gears all have different IDs and all the chars have that unknown item on them (which is clearly a way to track the chars). Good luck hiding those.

Serious question, do you even play on Classic? People have been auctioning cards and god parts for zeny. Last GR I saw had a C/O of 7.5b. Maya Purple Card a starting bid of 4b. People buy and sell god parts for 200~500m+. :)

Those are all fairly normal prices. GRs are stinking rare and the zeny offer has to be so high as to be more attractive than any RMT offer. As for the high value of MP, that might be my fault alone. :p_laugh:

I don't often say this but I'm pretty confident that the GMs will catch everyone that abused it. There wasn't many people going in and out of there and they all had that unknown item on them so they should be easy to find in logs and stuff! (if it's a unique item like I think)

#131 Ayokosayo

Ayokosayo

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Aww... I'm one of the people that murdered Classic... :gg:

Well, too bad so sad. It's already been done.  :heh: Goodluck, GM Oda. You'll need it. You don't know how many of us abused your NPCs because of your stupidity. Tsk.  :yawn:

Say goodnight to my Mew.

#132 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

omg lol I just saw who it was on the video too.

You guys are freaking shameless. I still remember that recall exploit and how it was justified too. If you're not even here to play, why are you here to ruin the game for everyone else?

#133 Ayokosayo

Ayokosayo

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Wow. Only way to find out who does it is to check the guilds who had castle (since portal to castle is closed) unless they do the exploit during woe. How long was the arena opened?

Portal closed? Use your brain. :ani_shy:

#134 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

WoE 2 castles portal doesn't close.

But I'm gonna spoil it for everyone or this thread will be filled with people guessing and stuff.

It's bitzbox, ok?

#135 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

WoE 2 castles portal doesn't close.

But I'm gonna spoil it for everyone or this thread will be filled with people guessing and stuff.

It's bitzbox, ok?

As someone who apparently doesn't have an old enough history with iRO, may I ask if those guys are (in)famous or something?

I never heard of them before.

#136 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

i havent seen them woe in 7 months i think on classic i figured they all quit tbh

#137 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

nice catch. however do you think theyre the only ones who did this?

#138 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

Suddenly after Xellie mentioned 'bitzbox' that video became private and now you can't see it anylonger :D

So funny :heh:

Edited by meditation, 26 August 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

hey whoever took that video with keepvid, mind mirroring it? he made it private :(

#140 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

link plz so we can see his main character's name :D

#141 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

http://ropd.info/?account=4386386 thats  there recallers ropd account

:edit i got insomnia so had nothing better to do then research the video and 100% his champ recalled him into the castle

Edited by zerowon, 26 August 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#142 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

I missed the name. Anyone mind posting a screenshot of it? I can't watch the video anymore.

EDIT: Nvm, thanks zerowon.

Those are all fairly normal prices. GRs are stinking rare and the zeny offer has to be so high as to be more attractive than any RMT offer. As for the high value of MP, that might be my fault alone. :p_laugh:

I know they're normal prices. I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of things people can buy with zeny, not just made god items.

Edited by IAmMysteltainn, 26 August 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#143 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

Yeah server economy is a bit crazy.

#144 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

ban all their guild members.

now the much bigger problem is tracing who else did this and deleting all the zeny they generated.

#145 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

Okay, so GMs can try to check the trade logs... But what about stuff they bought on the market? For example they could buy overpriced stuff from their friends/2nd Account with proxy. That would be my first idea if I want to hide the abuse and try to avoid a bann.

@youtube
I can confirm it was knivesz

#146 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

^yeah. and again, how about the people who traded with them? people who sold stuff to them, people who bought leeches or whatever from them.

the GMs should make sure that no innocent people get punished for what happened. :)

Edited by 1756492860, 26 August 2013 - 02:12 AM.

#147 Zyllene

Zyllene

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

I'm sure there is a way to track the trades in a way that won't effect most of the player base. The issue is how long will that take? Will the GM team be able to put in enough time and do it quickly enough to effectively ban those persons involved? Unfortunately I think there will be some legit players affected by this whether directly or indirectly. While I don't think its fair for an innocent person to suffer its also not fair to the server and economy for the next super-rare item to cost 20bil or have zeny so obsolete that everything becomes RMT only. Certainly quite a pickle for the Mods to sort out. So here is a pre-emptive thank you to the Mods for doing what you do because I certainly don't envy you starting off the workweek this this fiasco.

PS

What bets that somewhere someone is catching some epic abuse via vent spam or the like. Just imagine being "that guy" who made and posted a video of you and your friends cheating that lead to mass banhammer beatdowns. :heh:

#148 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

I honestly would prefer a roll back, so many times exploits like this happen, and they let the items slide ( OCA's anyone?). Sure they can trace if items were brought over, but there are SO many unknown variables

1) Zenny

2) MVP farming with the USRC gear

3) Farming with the USRC gear

4) Items bought with the Zenny

5) Leechs for alts bough with the Zenny

6) OCA's bought with the Zenny

I honestly think the best thing would be to roll back. Sure, it beyond sucks for most of us, but I feel it is safer than letting ( potentially ) billions of zenny flood into the market.

#149 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

The video is private. I can't watch it :(

#150 IAmMysteltainn

IAmMysteltainn

I made it Off Topic