507 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

So many guilds participated and succeeded in this event, that it completely blew our expectations. Because so many guilds qualified, the devs won't be able to make all the capes within a timely manner. We can now only create Guild Capes for the top 15 guilds (according to level). If each cape was made for each guild that qualified, most of us would have grey hairs and need a cane to walk by the time they come out. 

However, we know how important this event was to each guild, so we will be giving away a bonus cape to the guilds not included in the top 15 list. Each character that qualified will get a new 100 Strong cape. All the guild emblems will also all be featured on our website's Hall of Honor. 

These are the top 15 guilds:

IcE

+Valhalla+

Housebunny

Collision

Heroes

ArtOfWar

Exodus

Fairytail

Dabarkads

Phantasm

Early Grey

Aureus

Elysium

Mythology

NOWHERE

For the guilds included on this list, please expect your capes around October. Hopefully sooner!!  :Emo_12:

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. We honestly wish we can do capes for every guild, but alas it isn't physically possible within a reasonable time span. You guys are all awesome though for making this event so successful!

Campitor: We aren't removing the negative posts. Infact, we like them because they give Zanbee extra ammo when she next reports to the Dev Team about the community. What will be removed is the discussion of other game titles that are not RO2. They are completely off topic and do not belong on this forum. So please tell Zanbee how you feel without being rude, vulgar, or saying people should quit for other games. That way she has your feedback to show to the Dev Team.

#2 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have nothing to say. Just nothing.

#3 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

ahh wow thats disappointing to the other guilds

umm my question is about cape do you receive it . in your temp box. or does the guild leave give them too you??

#4 5798130502183308710

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wait.. so while the CMs have been trying hard squashing the so-called "rumor" that favoritism is going on where certain portion of community/guilds are getting extra attention and special treatment... the company throws this at our face??

the CMs and the community volunteers have also been trying hard to squash the notion that the "game isn't dying" and that we have a good "healthy amount" of active players.. but apparently such decision is telling us otherwise:  WP is treating the so-called "TOP" guilds as the only ones who are the true playerbase... aka the one who matters... The rest of us... just aren't as relevant.... ???

#5 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

This is a pure dissapointment, i'm sure most players that come from small and stranger/infamous guild may likely to quit the game

#6 Tofumaro

Tofumaro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Here are the top 15 guilds who spent the most Money in the game.  Grats.  

#7 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Forget it, I'm making my case here and now.

Apparently making capes for this game... will turn you old and walking around with canes.

We're not living in that age anymore... Content these days need to come in batches and fresh, and you're saying making a few capes is going to kill the developers... You lost the trust of the people who qualified but then not qualify for a unique item. Nobody cares about this hall of honor thing.

Instead you're telling us that guilds that qualify but don't qualify have to get some generic cape? Meanwhile those top 15 get what was ORIGINALLY prized?

If you honestly wanted to make this event a success, you would have taken as much time to GET US THE ORIGINAL PRIZE YOU STATED.

This is a good time for my pitchfork... You can't mess up this badly... I'm not mad by this... I kinda expected this due to the past events and how they were treated... I'm just beyond disappointed now.

Edited by Meconopsis, 27 August 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#8 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

I want my poverty cape to have a giant $ on the back of it with the word "trash" across the back of it so everybody knows the rest of us guilds mean nothing to this game.

#9 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Early Grey 

Early Grey 

Early Grey 

Early Grey
Early Grey
Early Grey
Early Grey

I tot we were Earl Grey

spider_deal_with_it.gif

#10 ZhaoYun75

ZhaoYun75

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

And another knife in the back.....

#11 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

not cool

not even gonna wear my consolation cape, shameful.. smh

#12 9085130106105620233

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

zzzzz!! RAGE MODE!!!... the game developers has issues.. doesnt take long to change the base model to a different colour nor resize a provided emblem! ~

there is without a doubt some favouritism going on with the guild list. 

#13 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

....OH BOY...my friend is going to be disappointed now since she's been waiting for the cape and now she's just going to get a generic one since her guild isn't in the top 15.

Wouldn't it have been better to do all the guild capes and just release them in batches that way all the qualifying guilds could get the ones with their emblem on them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For example:

They could just spread out the work by making the capes in groups of guilds at a time (maybe work on the capes for four or five guilds in each group; just picking numbers since I don't know how long it takes for them to do each cape) and gradually release them after they're done with all the capes.

Guilds 1 - 4 (group 1)
Guilds 5 - 9 (group 2)
Guilds 10 - 14 (group 3)
etc until they finish the capes for all 97 guilds...

then send out the groups of capes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure the qualifying guilds won't mind waiting to get their emblem cape from reading the posts in this thread and in the community chat (as I've seen a few threads that were still wondering when the capes were going to be sent out).

Seeing something like "Sorry guys, we have to delay the capes again so the date has been pushed back to another two months or so" would be better than seeing "The capes were taking too long to finish making, so we decided to just do some of them and everyone else gets a generic one"

Edited by inuko23, 28 August 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#14 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

For the guilds included on this list, please expect your capes around October. Hopefully sooner!!  :Emo_12:

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. We honestly wish we can do capes for every guild, but alas it isn't physically possible within a reasonable time span. You guys are all awesome though for making this event so successful!

Yea more bait-and-switch from RO2. This is almost as bad as the founder fiasco. >.>

While I understand that making a customized cape is time consuming it is not nearly as time consuming as the effort that many of the guilds that did not make it onto the top list .

I wouldn't mind if you took till next may to get the capes out, but it would have been nice to have the original prize and not some lame consolidation prize. It would be best if you gave ALL guilds that qualified this lame consolidation cape so nobody can call out favoritism.

In the future this is the kind of thing I will expect from events in this game. I'm looking forward to the holidays. :yawn:

Edited by samaura, 27 August 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#15 5798130502183308710

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Zanbee:  Regardless of what led to this business decision, whether its miscommunication between whoever organized the event and the devs, the sudden realization of lack of resources to get the event prize created in a timely manner... Why can't we (both the company and the impacted playerbase) come up with a more reasonable solution for this????

For example, reach out to the guild leaders and give them the following options:

1) Just get the generic cape

2) Wait longer for the cape with guild emblem, even if this means further delay

3) If the guild leaders don't respond within 2-3 weeks, then treat it as they accept 1)

Doing this will give WP a bit more time to do the right thing, which is to still deliver capes for the non top-15 guilds that are still active and supporting the game, while cutting down some resources/time to make capes for guilds  that aren't active anymore or prefer to get the generic cape instead of waiting.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Early Grey 
Early Grey 

Early Grey 
Early Grey
Early Grey
Early Grey
Early Grey

I tot we were Earl Grey

You are now greying early.

#17 ZhaoYun75

ZhaoYun75

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Also, I like how they pick the current top 15 guilds. Some who may or may not be using bots.

#18 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

No. Just No.

This is absolute bull-_-. Do you know how hard me and 5 other people worked to first get a guild to level 7 and recruit 100 chars to level 25 TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOU EXTENDED YOUR DEADLINE

And now you're telling that our work won't be rewarded because it's too much work?

Edited by DatMONKey, 27 August 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#19 7675130511200256733

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

POPULAR

Enjoy never getting another penny from me, Warp Portal. 

Holy hell, I even bought your stupid $45 wonderland set. 

I really can't begin to explain how badly you continue to disappoint me. After we've stuck with you guys through so much crap, this is how you repay us. 

Don't make promises you can't keep. It's just the most classless thing a company can do. 

I'm free to play from today on. 

This is seriously the topper. Enjoy the incoming player rage. 

#20 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

And now the community's hatred shall be directed to the players in the top 15 guilds. I'm gonna enjoy this

#21 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Bravo Bravo. We couldn't be more happier with this announcement. Another one way ticket to hell filed by warpportal. Keep them coming, give people more reasons to give up on this game.

#22 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

WOW how about you stop screwing all the other guilds and just give EVERYONE the same cape so at least everyone gets screwed over equally.

Giving rewards to guilds who abused the scarecrow exp to power level their guilds during 2x exp. This is also AFTER you extended the deadline.

Do you have any clue how much work people put in into making custom emblems and such for this cape?

Its like you all don't understand how to please your customers.

Edited by Xintello, 27 August 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#23 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I want my poverty cape to have a giant $ on the back of it with the word "trash" across the back of it so everybody knows the rest of us guilds mean nothing to this game.

OFgpOaK.jpg

#24 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

My guild leader from my old guild already quit this game because of delayed event rewards to come and now you make the dreams of these people from small/infamous guilds shatter because of changed minds about the event.

Now how many events did you tweaked so far?What events you have to implement in the future with nerfing the rewards to its trash value?

#25 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just imagine, WP extended the deadline for this event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users