Regarding the 100 Strong Cape Event - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the 100 Strong Cape Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
507 replies to this topic

#26 SevXeros

SevXeros

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Pretty sure most of those guilds abused scarecrows.  My guild was almost 9 days early for the first deadline and now we are going to get some generic "Sorry, abuse more next time" badge.  Absolute BS. 

Edited by SevXeros, 27 August 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#27 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

You guys must really hate the player base, or maybe you just don't give a -_- about anyone that has to work from the ground up.

It's ridiculous that guilds that barely make the extended deadline get a cape because they had people abuse scarecrow XP.

Meanwhile my guys that put in hours grinding just to hit a guild level won't be rewarded because they wanted to return to other aspects of the game like raiding and progression.

If this was going to be a guild level reward rather than effort YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THAT THE DECISION FROM THE -_- START.

Thanks for making my future decisions regarding this game very easy.

#28 hyunau

hyunau

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Adding more p2w was ridiculous, and now this. This is unprofessionalism on a grand scale. You make an event, make people work hard for the event, delay the reward, then tell them it isn't coming. I don't know whether to quit the game or not with the addition of more crappy p2w items but I definitely won't be giving another dollar to WP.

#29 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, they keep tweaking the events until it comes to real disappointment. Right now 1500+ people in server. In the future 500?600?700 left?

I made a lesson on how to improve the events. Be sure you planned this event at the START, and be sure the events are doable by testing it, and the rewards for the event should be tentative! This will eliminate the risk of getting disspointments

Edited by ROAdikMaster, 27 August 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#30 matthewcupu

matthewcupu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

eventhough Im not interested in those capea at all, this purely shows how bad this game developer is

#31 DcenCy

DcenCy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

First, that all does not seem fair to change the rules of the game as many people strove for the goal and were hoping that with anxieties,

Second, you yourself as RO2 staff group were those who were told it all guild's 100 members would get a layer with the emblem of the guild.

Now, I would like to inform me that I should tell the guys in my guild "the staff lied to us or theft"

#32 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

at least give a consolation prize to the guilds that didn't make it to the list.

my bad...

Edited by UnknownBeing, 27 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#33 ZhaoYun75

ZhaoYun75

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

The consolation prize is a generic cape all non top 15 guilds get that qualified

#34 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

No. Remove the guilds that never would have made it before the deadline extension and then give out the capes to the original winners.

Hire some starving college students and pay them to code the -_- capes

Stick to your original promise and get capes for EVERYONE that qualified for the event.

Don't give anyone anything at all.

Almost anything is better than seeing my guys and everyone else that worked hard get -_- over because our publisher and developers are too lazy to put colors and pictures on a template.

Edited by DatMONKey, 27 August 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#35 5798130502183308710

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Dear Zanbee:

We know that you are reading this thread, and first off many (i hope) of us understand that you aren't necessarily the one to blame (one can also argue that since you knowingly taken the front line position for this company, you can and should be treated as one of them, but we wont go there).  I personally appreciate your efforts in everything that you do.

But you gotta be shaking your head on this as well, no? 

If there are limited resources to get all the capes created, why did WP keep extending the cape event in the first place to create that "false sense of hope" for people to get their own unique guild cape?   One obvious scenario is that management up in the food chain notice that player activities have remained steadily high during this event,  so they extend it for as long as they can, so it helps the team owning RO2 looks good on paper during internal performance reviews...  These are all just speculations, but unless you give us some better insights on what/why exactly led to this, you can't blame your customer base to make such speculation and accusations...

All in all.... Zanbee please see if you can make another effort to convince the people higher or Dev oversea up to re-consider this... If a player like me who has been enjoying the game, despite full awareness of all the shortcomings, yet I still contribute a steady amount of revenue to your company +  never post anything negative here, is now getting frustrated with this product and the company behind it....  wouldn't you agree that something isn't right here?

Like I mentioned earlier, lets see if we can reach middle ground on this... we understand your company have limited resources, and we are willing to wait for something that many of us worked so hard for it... identify the guilds that are no longer active or is ok with getting the generic cape to save some resources... take your time in creating the cape that you promised you would deliver in the first place...

This can still be salvaged, if only you, who supposedly represent our voice (unless you admit your job is basically just a messenger.. then.. o well), is willing to fight alongside with us.

I look forward to your reply on this Zanbee.  Thank you.

#36 FateTurns

FateTurns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

-_- this -_-

im out

all those grinding for a different thing that i was expecting.

#37 hunterxros

hunterxros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChannel 3, Alberta
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

:rwar: :bash:

:rwar: :bash:

#38 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCoolin In Veridian City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

i dont really care much about the capes. im more concerned about the effect that its going to have on the RO2 Community. . . . I Mean, were were already lvl 9 or 10 before the event started. so we really didnt have to grind like alot of other clans. i really feel bad f or those who put in sooo much work for their guild capes. =\ 

#39 Doganzaka

Doganzaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Really? I mean.... REALLY?

With all the bugs, the problems that the GM caused, ALL the other things that we all know and... REALLY?

All the effort of the LAST THOUSAND of people that still plays RO2 and you do this?

#40 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCoolin In Veridian City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

sad thing is , i actually like this game. But with the community dwindling i fear that itll be time to find another game soon. =\. Sucks because i really feel like RO2 has alot of potential if the proper effort is put forth . . . .  Effort being the key word. 

#41 CSTMS

CSTMS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

"I won a contest and all I got was this lousy cape"

#42 Tofumaro

Tofumaro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

LOL

LMAO 

#43 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well with all the negatives, at least they are fast at deleting post.

#44 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, they keep tweaking the events until it comes to real disappointment. Right now 1500+ people in server. In the future 500?600?700 left?

1500 people left? If that's true, then why is everyone upset that they're not getting the cape they want. By your logic they're already gone cause the top 15 guilds make up 1500 all by themselves.

#45 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

They delete posts because they don't want our negatives to be heard. These negatives will obviously create a LARGE impact on the community and this becomes more powerful as more people from our community agrees

#46 Archtyp3

Archtyp3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yup, it's no longer shame on you WP; it's now shame on me for continuing to play this stream of -_-.

#47 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

I loled. My guild leader is gonna love thi- Oh wait! he already quit lmfao.

#48 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

They delete posts because they don't want our negatives to be heard. These negatives will obviously create a LARGE impact on the community and this becomes more powerful as more people from our community agrees

Yep.

#49 soapPENGUIN

soapPENGUIN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Pssst...by generic capes you mean we get Fusable Cape of Phantom + Cape of Hero riiiight? ^^ The top guild gets their capes and we get ours. Hint Hint... nudge nudge...

#50 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Pssst...by generic capes you mean we get Fusable Cape of Phantom + Cape of Hero riiiight? ^^ The top guild gets their capes and we get ours. Hint Hint... nudge nudge...

Nope. They gonna give us unfusable crap cape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users