Regarding the 100 Strong Cape Event - Page 3 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the 100 Strong Cape Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
507 replies to this topic

#51 Archtyp3

Archtyp3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

They delete posts because they don't want our negatives to be heard. These negatives will obviously create a LARGE impact on the community and this becomes more powerful as more people from our community agrees

I view the rapid post deletions as more of a suggestion by WP to the community as to what we should be doing with our accounts in general.

#52 Smugs

Smugs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

/heh @ Early Grey

Edited by Smugs, 27 August 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#53 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCoolin In Veridian City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

lol theyre deleting posts ? whats the point of that? not like the community wont find out. whether its a negative post or not lol. it sucks either way.theres no sugar coating it.

although il admit im thoroughly entertained because i know they will have some random in game event to make up for this LOL . . . . despite the consolation cape . . .  . 

#54 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

lol theyre deleting posts ? whats the point of that? not like the community wont find out. whether its a negative post or not lol. it sucks either way.theres no sugar coating it.

although il admit im thoroughly entertained because i know they will have some random in game event to make up for this LOL . . . . despite the consolation cape . . .  . 

Yep they gonna have us do hide and seek event, prize? 3 Phantom Stones to bait people into buying more.

#55 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Not only that, WP made our job worthless a.k.a grinding for guild levels + recruiting members till it reaches 100 + making our custom cape (need to use a paint program such as adobe photoshop)

they even think leveling up guild is very easy actually its not, you need 2.1m*guild level XP to level up the guild and this takes months to reach a higher level guild.

#56 Tofumaro

Tofumaro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

3 mods watching this thread.  One from another game.  We need to make RO2 a texted based forum game, maybe then we will get better support. 

#57 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

They delete posts because they don't want our negatives to be heard. These negatives will obviously create a LARGE impact on the community and this becomes more powerful as more people from our community agrees

We aren't removing the negative posts. Infact, we like them because they give Zanbee extra ammo when she next reports to the Dev Team about the community. What will be removed is the discussion of other game titles that are not RO2. They are completely off topic and do not belong on this forum. So please tell Zanbee how you feel without being rude, vulgar, or saying people should quit for other games. That way she has your feedback to show to the Dev Team.

#58 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Pssst...by generic capes you mean we get Fusable Cape of Phantom + Cape of Hero riiiight? ^^ The top guild gets their capes and we get ours. Hint Hint... nudge nudge...

Sounds like a grand idea! Let the top 15 guilds have their custom capes! Just gimme something with sockets and stats and we'll call it even :)

#59 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Pssst...by generic capes you mean we get Fusable Cape of Phantom + Cape of Hero riiiight? ^^ The top guild gets their capes and we get ours. Hint Hint... nudge nudge...

This would actually be a decent consolation prize, or maybe just a Cape of Phantom. But really everyone should get the same cape, either we all get generic capes or we all get custom capes. Why? Because solving the issue this way divides the game even further. Now RO2 players will be those in guilds with capes and those in guilds without cape. That kind of favoritism should be avoided, especially after the issue just a few weeks ago.

I'm assuming there's a good reason the devs choose to give out only some of the capes instead of none. Maybe some of them are already completed and they don't want to lose their hard work. Well honestly that's too bad, because of a lot of hard working players are losing the work they put into this contest. Whether or not any capes have been completed, if ALL of the winning guilds can't get custom capes, NONE of the winning guilds should get custom capes. I'm sure most of the guilds would be willing to wait longer to get the capes, compared to never.

#60 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Sounds like a grand idea! Let the top 15 guilds have their custom capes! Just gimme something with sockets and stats and we'll call it even :)

That sounds WAY too generous.

Unslotted, unstatted, 7 day cape as consolation

#61 ZhaoYun75

ZhaoYun75

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Not even, take a look at all their memebers and alts and all who been in the guild. Some of them are known botters

#62 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

We aren't removing the negative posts. Infact, we like them because they give Zanbee extra ammo when she next reports to the Dev Team about the community. What will be removed is the discussion of other game titles that are not RO2. They are completely off topic and do not belong on this forum. So please tell Zanbee how you feel without being rude, vulgar, or saying people should quit for other games. That way she has your feedback to show to the Dev Team.

Can't really blame the people. This happened several times already. Haven't they all learned their lessons by now?

Every big update instead of giving us more hope in this game they are doing the opposite.

Deal with it. It's not like the community raged for no reasons.

#63 Olets

Olets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

hi there kind sir please tell to zanbee that if she post an even kindly please don't forget at the end to write "prize/s can be change without notice (after the event)" . .  thank you ^^

#64 Archtyp3

Archtyp3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

This would actually be a decent consolation prize, or maybe just a Cape of Phantom. But really everyone should get the same cape, either we all get generic capes or we all get custom capes. Why? Because solving the issue this way divides the game even further. Now RO2 players will be those in guilds with capes and those in guilds without cape. That kind of favoritism should be avoided, especially after the issue just a few weeks ago.

I'm assuming there's a good reason the devs choose to give out only some of the capes instead of none. Maybe some of them are already completed and they don't want to lose their hard work. Well honestly that's too bad, because of a lot of hard working players are losing the work they put into this contest. Whether or not any capes have been completed, if ALL of the winning guilds can't get custom capes, NONE of the winning guilds should get custom capes. I'm sure most of the guilds would be willing to wait longer to get the capes, compared to never.

+1

Not to mention, the capes are being awarded to the 'Current' top guilds? Why not the top guilds back then when the contest was closed? Ya know, when our guilds had our active members before the attrition caused by weeks of game breaking changes and eleventh hour updates that slap the community in the face... like this one.

#65 feistick

feistick

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

I feel that all the effort we made with our guild was just a waste of time, *sigh* :/

#66 Palizangetsu

Palizangetsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Thanks for promising the community something and not going through with giving it all guilds worked hard to level and recruit people and because your dev team wants to be lazy Kitten everyone else but the top 15 guilds, everyone who won should get their guild cape with their emblem not some cheap consolation prize or if you want to be fair give everyone the consolation prize not giving a select few the prize that all deserve. Kitten all the guilds who struggled to maintain 100 players and had to keep inactive players while guild is struggling to get active ppl to progress or better yet how about you give the consolation prize a slot since we they won't have their emblem on their capes Kitten.

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Can't really blame the people. This happened several times already. Haven't they all learned their lessons by now?

Every big update instead of giving us more hope in this game they are doing the opposite.

Deal with it. It's not like the community raged for no reasons.

I understand that. All I am asking is that the rage be on topic Example: "This is a terrible idea, all guilds should receive their rewards that they worked so hard for!" Something constructive and informative that way it is useful. That way if Zanbee has a 1000 users saying that they want their capes from the event then she can tell the dev team "Look a huge part of the population wants this! Lets do this!"

#68 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

So many guilds participated and succeeded in this event, that it completely blew our expectations. Because so many guilds qualified, the devs won't be able to make all the capes within a timely manner. We can now only create Guild Capes for the top 15 guilds (according to level). If each cape was made for each guild that qualified, most of us would have grey hairs and need a cane to walk by the time they come out. 

However, we know how important this event was to each guild, so we will be giving away a bonus cape to the guilds not included in the top 15 list. Each character that qualified will get a new 100 Strong cape. All the guild emblems will also all be featured on our website's Hall of Honor. 

These are the top 15 guilds:

IcE

+Valhalla+

Housebunny

Collision

Heroes

ArtOfWar

Exodus

Fairytail

Dabarkads

Phantasm

Early Grey

Aureus

Elysium

Mythology

NOWHERE

For the guilds included on this list, please expect your capes around October. Hopefully sooner!!  :Emo_12:

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. We honestly wish we can do capes for every guild, but alas it isn't physically possible within a reasonable time span. You guys are all awesome though for making this event so successful!

How did they even come up with that decision. That is just unfair to every guild who passed th event. There was not a single word saying about guild levels in that event.

#69 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

In that case, let me reiterate in a non sarcastic, non condescending manner my earlier suggestion.

*Ahem*

WarpPortal may choose to continue with their earlier decision to hand out custom decorative capes for the top 15 guilds at the time the contest had conclude.

As a consolation prize, nay, a compensation, a token of their apology for misleading their customer base, for going back on a promise that they could not fulfill, for raising the hopes of hundreds of players and dozens of guilds and crushing their dreams, for wasting a large percentage of a great deal of many players time to grind exp over several weeks, all remaining 85 guilds and all their members should be awarded a 3 open socket cape with stats.

* An open socket for the crime of misleading the players and going back on a promise

* An open socket for the crime of raising our hopes and crushing them

* An open socket for wasting so much of our time for an empty dream

* And the stats will be permanent as it will be the proof of their continued goodwill to regain the trust of it's players.

#70 Meluken

Meluken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationin the ocean

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

but even before this you guys knew ppl really wanted them, why else did so many ppl try so hard to get members? and to level them. this is nothing but a poor choice, something that would of been stopped before she even announced this. cause you guys could of gone "hmm I don't think this is a good idea" and talked to the devs about not do it after the fact, when everyone is upset and feel cheated (yet again)

#71 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

I understand that. All I am asking is that the rage be on topic Example: "This is a terrible idea, all guilds should receive their rewards that they worked so hard for!" Something constructive and informative that way it is useful. That way if Zanbee has a 1000 users saying that they want their capes from the event then she can tell the dev team "Look a huge part of the population wants this! Lets do this!"

Unfortunately we've been doing this since the recruit costume fallout and it's been the only time they've given us what we asked for. Since then, the higher ups have had their fingers in their ears ignoring everything the community suggests or complains about in favor of more cash shop items.

I don't blame the CMs or GMs for this. I blame the RO2 devs. They're incredibly lazy and I feel stupid for hoping they'd wake up one day and actually listen to us again.

#72 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCoolin In Veridian City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

+1

Not to mention, the capes are being awarded to the 'Current' top guilds? Why not the top guilds back then when the contest was closed? Ya know, when our guilds had our active members before the attrition caused by weeks of game breaking changes and eleventh hour updates that slap the community in the face... like this one.

LOL i wasnt even going to go there ahahah. . .but thats also a good point. 

#73 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

When was the last time they've done something the population wants? Founder Titles? Tier 2? No Pets on Colo?

#74 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

hi there kind sir please tell to zanbee that if she post an even kindly please don't forget at the end to write "prize/s can be change without notice (after the event)" . .  thank you ^^

I'm gonna say, realistically speaking, that this is the most constructive post so far.

In the future, don't bother with fineprints and flat out say that "All prizes in all contest are subject to change without prior notice at any given time".

Although it will be VERY difficult to trust someone with such a disclaimer, it will alleviate much of the flak you guys are getting this time around. Lesson learned, get a lawyer to review the things you write on your website/forum/blog posts so that you won't be held accountable when everything goes FUBAR.

#75 ootoro

ootoro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

I want my poverty cape to have a giant $ on the back of it with the word "trash" across the back of it so everybody knows the rest of us guilds mean nothing to this game.

OFgpOaK.jpg

Another scamm event, but this reached a higher lvl of scamm, u guys even delayed the deadline!!! and now we are not getting our capes? capes that we worked very hard to get, and now the same guilds will be the only ones getting something? and why 15 guilds? why not 25, why not 5? u are delaying this thing since the event finished, first u said the capes will come this month, then september, now october for all the capes, not just 15 capes ¬¬

Why dont make this a "highest guild lvl wins" event, why lie to us? complete dissappointment, first free items, free costumes, now exclusive event prizes? whats next? only cash shop people can play the game? u need KP for entering raids?

Dont give exclusive capes to any guild, give generic capes to all the guilds, if u really care care about the player base u'll do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users