Sin/roque will never finish CoA hard quests... - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sin/roque will never finish CoA hard quests...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

I was basically told no one will ever take a sin/rogue to do ratmaster on hardmode. so we will never finishour quests and never go to AoD.

I play a sin with 7.5khp buffed, almost full colo (missing the hat) 3200 attack power fully buffed. No one will take me. 

This game is so utterly classest. Whats the point of 'fixing' sins if we are a useless class. Sin is my main and i almost want to ragequit over this. I love my sin, but i don't think its fair we get last picked for every raid. 

#2 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

go join a guild

#3 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

i'm in a guild. i'm the leader of a guild actually. I don't see why that should be you're response. 

Join a guild and they'll have to take me to help a guildie? is that what you're saying? That is also bull-_-. That's like saying 'you're class is only tolerated if it has to be.' its not a solution. 

#4 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

I think it's not much a class problem. I think most parties already have a sin/rogue. Since having more than one ruins an optimal party setup.

Then again, there are other classes that need more attention to.

Edited by Meconopsis, 27 August 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#5 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think it's not much a class problem. I think most parties already have a sin/rogue. Since having more than one ruins an optimal party setup.

Then again, there are other classes that need more attention to.

i agree 100% ! many other melee classes are also in need of help. Excuse me if it felt like i meant JUST sin. I mainly meant sin/rogue but the others need help to. Unless they are tanking, Melee classes typically don't get taken. I would just like to see something done about the inequality of classes. 

it would be nice if the devs considered something along the lines of certain classes taking less damage from certain attacks. Might help even things out...or some kind of defence boost for those classes....

#6 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

rogue never get picked for rat h? Look at that rat h kill - thats not a rogue recording it?

In any case, you're (probably) not gonna beat rat h in pugs no matter what class you are. Gear up your guild members and train them to do rat h. Sure it might take long if your guild is undergeared but it will pay off in the long run when you can do harder raids like AoD together

EDIT: My own guild took along a sin (from our guild of course) for rat h kill and would've beaten rat if res wasn't wasted on first attempt. Started losing healers at 2nd abyss and rest of dps got wiped by the 250k hp when no healers/tanks left. But yes its definitely possible to beat rat h with sins/rogues in raid. Most raids take along 1 melee dps for their buff.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 27 August 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#7 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Or just be the one to start a pug raid CoA party with your sin....

#8 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well the optimal party setup currently (in my opinion):

2 tanks - Mostly Knight/Monk or Knight/Warrior or Knight/BM for optimal buffs and Shield Fortress

4 dps - Mostly 2 rangers, 1 wizard and 1 rogue/sin for optimal buffs

2 sorcs - for high burst and stuns and heals and 2 revive

2 priests - for heals and 2 revive

#9 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Well the optimal party setup currently (in my opinion):

2 tanks - Mostly Knight/Monk or Knight/Warrior or Knight/BM for optimal buffs and Shield Fortress

4 dps - Mostly 2 rangers, 1 wizard and 1 rogue/sin for optimal buffs

2 sorcs - for high burst and stuns and heals and 2 revive

2 priests - for heals and 2 revive

Optimal party setup should actually be:

2 tanks - For rat h I can agree with your choices of 2 tanks

3 dps - 1 ranger, 1 wiz, 1 rogue/sin

3 sorcs - because an extra res, and also because ranger dot doesn't stack with each other - sorc isn't affected by this and a sorc that focuses on dps is probably on equal footing of a ranger without poison. Same reason to take another sorc over another wiz/rogue/sin - the dots just dont stack

2 priests - heals/2 revive.

#10 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

and all of those optimal party set ups are classest....which is what i'm talking about. -_-; there are 7 ranged in all of those...so you're all saying

ranged > melee 

^ this should not be so. They need to hurry with that class re-balance. :<

#11 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Optimal party setup should actually be:

2 tanks - For rat h I can agree with your choices of 2 tanks

3 dps - 1 ranger, 1 wiz, 1 rogue/sin

3 sorcs - because an extra res, and also because ranger dot doesn't stack with each other - sorc isn't affected by this and a sorc that focuses on dps is probably on equal footing of a ranger without poison. Same reason to take another sorc over another wiz/rogue/sin - the dots just dont stack

2 priests - heals/2 revive.

Might be true actually. All I know is after the Noels come in (which are also all range LOL), the setup will be:

2 tanks - same as I said, must have a knight.

4 dps - 1 ranger, 1 wiz, 1 rogue, 1 cresentia

1 sorc

1 soulmaker

2 priests

So a total of potentially 3 melee and rest range. Well the game is catered to range. With AoE's flying around at melee range a lot.

#12 hunterxros

hunterxros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChannel 3, Alberta
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

And if you have no colo weap or colo set.. they will not invite you in Raid/Party in CoA H :sob:

Edited by hunterxros, 27 August 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#13 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

and all of those optimal party set ups are classest....which is what i'm talking about. -_-; there are 7 ranged in all of those...so you're all saying

ranged > melee 

^ this should not be so. They need to hurry with that class re-balance. :<

It's like this because when not played properly, melee classes often end up as a liability due to them having to be within close range. This means that more often than not, they'll have to sacrifice valuable DPS time kiting/dealing with close range boss AoEs and wide attacks while ranged classes can stay in one place until they need to move for a larger AoE. In this case, even if their raw DPS is higher than ranged classes, they lose out because they need to be on the move more often.

It's true that it's usually hard to find parties for anything as a melee DPS, but you can try starting one yourself, or gearing up your guildies and going on guild raids.

#14 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

And if you have no colo weap or colo set.. they will not invite you in Raid/Party in CoA H :sob:

That just means the raid dungeon in general is too hard for people only in Bapho/PvE H gear.

#15 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

i said join a guild is because guild raids are usually more organized, randoms only work for normal raids up to aromine(u can get lucky to get a normal rat) u usually dont find any randoms being able to kill rat.  Your a guild leader, so instead of crying on the forum no1 will take u to any raid why dont u pick urself up and a few of ur guildies and go do coa h.  U think we were able to kill rat without practice or trial and error?

#16 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

IIRC, Diablo 3 has a 20% increase defense for melee classes to help mitigate the increased amount of damage taken at close range. They can also try and play around with numbers to even the odds for melee class in RO2 as well.

Edited by Ryvian, 27 August 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#17 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

And if you're really that desperate to finish the quests so you can enter AoD, I heard hyvent are charging to take along others for rat h kills. If you pay wakkyz enough (I think its 3kz correct me if I'm wrong) I'm sure he will take you along for easy rat h kill.

#18 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

i shouldn't have to pay. in my last CoA Normal i did more damage then anyone else. on every boss. as to my guild, its steadily going inactive. i have people ragequiting, leaving for school, and simply dropping off the face of the earth. i don't want to abandon it. I AM AN ASSET to w/e party i am in. its the mentality that ranged is always better that so irks me. 

And fyi~ i have been helping people gear up. If half my friends hadn't rage quit the game (more then half actually) then i wouldn't have this issue. *sigh* 

I still have a ton of friends, but most are newer players and are not geared. 

half of you prob know me ~AoTori

#19 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Well you don't have to pay... but it will probably end up cheaper than all the pots/spinels/explorer pots you will use if you make it into pug runs which will most likely fail anyway. I don't know who you are maybe because I haven't done raids with randoms for several weeks now.. however if you really want a chance at rat h without paying your way through, and without having to gear up new members because others you have been trying to gear up has quit (which I expect to be really frustrating): I recommend you add anyone you raid with and displayed skill at bosses to your friends list. Do this enough times and soon you will be able to organise your own raids with other skilled players and have a decent shot at rat h.

#20 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Don't worry, pretty soon everyone will be able to finish COA H, they just gotta hold out for an emergency or two....or maybe 99 that won't be added this patch but will be snuck in on another one.

#21 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

^ lol this is probably true. who cares about balance or player base! bomb 99 you guys. trololol 

#22 AdrenaIine

AdrenaIine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

IIRC, Diablo 3 has a 20% increase defense for melee classes to help mitigate the increased amount of damage taken at close range. They can also try and play around with numbers to even the odds for melee class in RO2 as well.

I think everyone who has played a RPG or a MMORPG knows that Melee DPS are squishy as hell, they do a lot of damage but sacrificing his defense, and the only way to survive in all games I've played is something that here doesn't exist at all and is DODGE.

#23 pollenpetal

pollenpetal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Ragnarok Online II: Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Im a sin and i'm very proud of my game play. Don't think of loosing bro just make your character super duper strong! farm farm farm! colo colo colo! gear gear gear! tactics tactics tactics!

#24 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Im a sin and i'm very proud of my game play. Don't think of loosing bro just make your character super duper strong! farm farm farm! colo colo colo! gear gear gear! tactics tactics tactics!

lol i'm pretty strong already. all colo except hat. ^__^ (which is pve hard hat) and my attack when fully buffed is 3200.

Thanks for the support! we sins gotta stick together! 

#25 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

You're on the right track, my sin is full colo with 3500 atk when fully buffed. I've ***ted over every single other DPS i've ever been in a party with. It is a very rare occasion when another DPS can outthreat me. Because of that most of the pugs i raid with add me and call me up again at a future date. Just stick to your guns. People moan when they see my 0.4% party buff, but when we shred through CoA H and i'm right at the top of the threat meter no one says a thing after about the missing crit. 

Keep at it! Sins are the best :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users