Good class to start with? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Good class to start with?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hi, I just came back recently from a 4 year break and was wondering what's a good class in renewal to use? Generally I prefer one that can do all areas decently such as PvE, PvP, and WoE. By that, I don't necessarily need that class to excel in all areas but just enough to be of impact when it comes to it.

I still have roughly 800m zeny from before which apparently seems like not much anymore in today's RO. But yeah any suggestions? I will be leveling with my friend which will become an Archbishop at some point.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

RK maybe? Or sorc is really painless. Or warlock... or ranger. Those are probably 4 you could get to 150 no problem filling out gear with a couple hundred million zeny. Especially if you have some gear to work with already.

#3 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I'd say go rk covers most thing really

#4 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

I would echo the above posts. Especially if you have an AB support, then a swordy class is the way to go.

#5 eresea

eresea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

hmm maybe Geneticist with Homunculus S

I think Sorcerer also play all around on RO

#6 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Sorc.As scholar everyone wants you for soul exhale and endows.As sorc you can have Spirits,(take that ABs!)powerful buff to melee,(striking yum yum) can change monster elements, look sexy and everyone wants you for endows/soul exhale.

Oh yea extreme vaccum to look monsters in TI.

add on the fact that you dont have to spend adime and you got a sexy support class that can do some decent dmg and disrupt.

Edited by YangeWenli, 28 August 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#7 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Rangers/Warlocks are the most wanted ones when it comes to Mid and High TI. You can breeze through 101-135 in a few days.

#8 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Rangers/Warlocks are the most wanted ones when it comes to Mid and High TI. You can breeze through 101-135 in a few days.

from what i know both those classes need funding to be relevant eden gears are lackluster in mid-high TI

EDIT:loooooooooool DIDNT notice op had 800m.....well ranger does more dmg for less than warlock +9 Kingbird elven bow 99m

+9-+7 WWS 40m-150m

can have normal boots

WW brooch

bow thimble maybe?

wala 45k+ dmg @ lvl 110

Edited by YangeWenli, 28 August 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#9 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

from what i know both those classes need funding to be relevant eden gears are lackluster in mid-high TI

EDIT:loooooooooool DIDNT notice op had 800m.....well ranger does more dmg for less than warlock +9 Kingbird elven bow 99m

+9-+7 WWS 40m-150m

can have normal boots

WW brooch

bow thimble maybe?

wala 45k+ dmg @ lvl 110

Yea, thats why I suggested Ranger/Warlock, lol

Anyway, even though Ranger look good in PvM, it has its limitations in WoE/PvP. But for 1st class, Ranger can be used to farm/familiarize yourself to Renewal.
Leveling RK isnt tough (specially those of us playing after pre-renewal) but its hard to solo with RK effectively after 110-120 level.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Gen, Ranger, or RK, I'd say...

#11 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

heres a quick rundown of classes vs money

ranger = easiest to level and also the cheapest to gear up. 800m could EASILY gear a ranger and you and your ab could easily solo all game material as well as mvp if ab tanks for you

RK = easy and quick to level as knight but once you change RK the startup is horrible. between levels 100-130 youll be mostly tanking parties because you wont be able to do enough dmg to solo at a reasonable pace yet. after 130 though they get pretty good. if you have patience to wait it out, theyre pretty rewarding in the end and gearwise theyre very cheap to gear up since they focus mainly on hp/sp gear

sorc =  are very fun to play but very expensive to gear up if you want to level at any reasonable pace with them due to horrible cast delays and slow cast timers. could easily exceed 800m. support build is cheap to gear up, but youre looking for something to level with an ab so i would avoid this class (i know alot of people will disagree with me on this but thats just my opinion)

warlock - similar situation as sorc where alot of the warlock spells cast too damn slow to level at any reasonable pace with unless you have the cast reduction gear. BUT where warlocks excel over sorcs, is that they can instant cast Comet and Tetra vortex. so if you dont mind blowing tons of red gemstones, theyre a pretty good class, just not a server favorite

guillotine cross = fairly cheap to gear up and can solo level easily. with an ab youd be unstoppable. 

mechanic = with cast reduction gear, theyre pretty damn powerful in madomech form and also quite tanky thanks to their high hp. without cast reduc gear (which honestly isnt really needed unless youre trying for god mode), the only real expense is their weapons which can range from 100m-200m depending on the economy at the time. only downside is the ab cant heal you in suit and if you die you have to rerent the suit in town which is why they arnt very common to see around

royal guard - cheap to gear up and excel at everything. you can choose to be tanky with awesome support spells or offensive while still being tanky with vanishing point build (the main build used for mvping). can do it all really thanks to their wide array of spells that include even pvp specifc attacks. this class is extremely underated and ignored by most of the server for some reason

performer classes (wanderer/maestro) = stay away from these like the plague. theyre completely broken

Sura = not a great leveling character. monks level fast as hell but due to suras lack of fast aoe killing spells, it can be a pain. theyre easily the best tanks in the game though and the most OP pvp class. plus their mvp ability is pretty strong thanks to guillotine fist'

genetic - very strong mvp and pvp character. to be good itll cost about 200-400m to gear up (actually the majority of their gear has dropped in price so it might be even cheaper then that now). to be awesome though youre looking at a couple billion easily. right now these are the flavor of the month again so youll see them everywhere. to be honest, leveling up as an alchemist/biochemist sucks because they have no spells and youre pretty much just auto attacking everything, so everything pre 99 might be a pain. also their pets never got updated with renewal, so they level at the old classic RO pace, meaning after 99 your pet will be completely useless unless you invest a month of afking into leveling it

Edited by killedbytofu, 28 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#12 eresea

eresea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

heres a quick rundown of classes vs money

ranger = easiest to level and also the cheapest to gear up. 800m could EASILY gear a ranger and you and your ab could easily solo all game material as well as mvp if ab tanks for you

RK = easy and quick to level as knight but once you change RK the startup is horrible. between levels 100-130 youll be mostly tanking parties because you wont be able to do enough dmg to solo at a reasonable pace yet. after 130 though they get pretty good. if you have patience to wait it out, theyre pretty rewarding in the end and gearwise theyre very cheap to gear up since they focus mainly on hp/sp gear

sorc =  are very fun to play but very expensive to gear up if you want to level at any reasonable pace with them due to horrible cast delays and slow cast timers. could easily exceed 800m. support build is cheap to gear up, but youre looking for something to level with an ab so i would avoid this class (i know alot of people will disagree with me on this but thats just my opinion)

warlock - similar situation as sorc where alot of the warlock spells cast too damn slow to level at any reasonable pace with unless you have the cast reduction gear. BUT where warlocks excel over sorcs, is that they can instant cast Comet and Tetra vortex. so if you dont mind blowing tons of red gemstones, theyre a pretty good class, just not a server favorite

guillotine cross = fairly cheap to gear up and can solo level easily. with an ab youd be unstoppable. 

mechanic = with cast reduction gear, theyre pretty damn powerful in madomech form and also quite tanky thanks to their high hp. without cast reduc gear (which honestly isnt really needed unless youre trying for god mode), the only real expense is their weapons which can range from 100m-200m depending on the economy at the time. only downside is the ab cant heal you in suit and if you die you have to rerent the suit in town which is why they arnt very common to see around

royal guard - cheap to gear up and excel at everything. you can choose to be tanky with awesome support spells or offensive while still being tanky with vanishing point build (the main build used for mvping). can do it all really thanks to their wide array of spells that include even pvp specifc attacks. this class is extremely underated and ignored by most of the server for some reason

performer classes (wanderer/maestro) = stay away from these like the plague. theyre completely broken

Sura = not a great leveling character. monks level fast as hell but due to suras lack of fast aoe killing spells, it can be a pain. theyre easily the best tanks in the game though and the most OP pvp class. plus their mvp ability is pretty strong thanks to guillotine fist'

genetic - very strong mvp and pvp character. to be good itll cost about 200-400m to gear up (actually the majority of their gear has dropped in price so it might be even cheaper then that now). to be awesome though youre looking at a couple billion easily. right now these are the flavor of the month again so youll see them everywhere. to be honest, leveling up as an alchemist/biochemist sucks because they have no spells and youre pretty much just auto attacking everything, so everything pre 99 might be a pain. also their pets never got updated with renewal, so they level at the old classic RO pace, meaning after 99 your pet will be completely useless unless you invest a month of afking into leveling it

what about Shadow Chaser and Battle Arc Bishop?

#13 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

what about Shadow Chaser and Battle Arc Bishop?

he said he wants to mvp  :heh:

#14 twodaysago

twodaysago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

GO for ranger and you  wont have a hard time finding the party

#15 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Keep in mind though that until you become a Ranger you will have a hard time finding TI-Parties as Archer/Hunter/Sniper when you are done with the VIP Undersea Dungeon.

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Sniper is also one of the easiest classes to level. Landmine hillwinds hurr durr 99 done.

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

ranger can effectively level in all turnins with just mora gear, so they are the easiest to gear in the game imo.

#18 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

the only reason snipers dont get parties easy is because of how little people understand classes and underestimate the power of arrow shower. seriously, classism is the stupidest thing ever. ive run mid and high TIs smooth as silk without a ranger in the party. these people that think you NEED to have them are idiots and have started a trend that is equally as retarded

Sniper is also one of the easiest classes to level. Landmine hillwinds hurr durr 99 done.

definitely

#19 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

yea but wiz-high wiz is more known for aoe even though sniper-huntercan kill equal to or faster than them.Dat spam.

#20 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'd go for ranger/rk/gen/sorc :)

#21 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Good class to start with?

Novice

Edited by HeIIraiser, 28 August 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#22 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Lol. Novie! Rk doesn't even need great gear people just want you to pull or something in a ti, and will let you do nothing really as long as the party is doing well enough

#23 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Lol. Novie! Rk doesn't even need great gear people just want you to pull or something in a ti, and will let you do nothing really as long as the party is doing well enough

he said he wanted to level with an AB friend though, so i dont think he was referring to TI's. seems like OP is gone now anyways =p

#24 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

You cant mvp/pvp effectively with ranger. They do very little damage in pvp and very squishy in mvp. So i would go RK or gen. RK can do decent damage in pvp but will have alittle trouble with mvps with fire resist elements and agi up. Gens are the best in MVP but can only support in pvp.

#25 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

You cant mvp/pvp effectively with ranger. They do very little damage in pvp and very squishy in mvp. 

wut....

have you never seen an autowarg ranger with 193 aspd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users