[Balance, Design, Appeal] Monks Really Need To Get Attention~ - Page 9 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Balance, Design, Appeal] Monks Really Need To Get Attention~

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#201 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

if Monks had a Vigor buff I would nag all day to have one in Raid :V!!

20 THOUSAND STRIKES EVERY 10 SECONDS PLOX! O3O!!!

#202 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

What about a large hit and movement buff like +50%? This would solve some colo issues, and make farming Mats

Like Ygg a Breeze.

#203 Gamdol

Gamdol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm extremely hesitant to consider any more temporary buffs for Monk. More skills you have to use or have up to be a threat is a bad idea in my opinion, there's already such a huge amount of buildup at the start of a fight for a Monk before you can be a real threat, adding more doesn't make the class better.

#204 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm extremely hesitant to consider any more temporary buffs for Monk. More skills you have to use or have up to be a threat is a bad idea in my opinion, there's already such a huge amount of buildup at the start of a fight for a Monk before you can be a real threat, adding more doesn't make the class better.

We have many problems.

Poor crowd control.

Limited Agility

No real tangible burst damage

Poor gear scaling

Buffs don't consider our defense from Steel Body or Iron Skin

No party buffs of any kind

Slow animation for Guillotine Fist + Stun starts too early, making it useless.

You said "any more temporary buffs"? We never got a buff to begin with. Literally no GM/Developer feels this class is important. For goodness sake, Assassins got a cosmetic change before we got any kind of fix. A COSMETIC CHANGE. Rogues got +40% ATK power to Moonlight Dance making it stronger than Guillotine Fist and got a buff to Mark of Death. Cool. Crescentia? They get INT on their weapons now.

We've sat behind three classes waiting for our own fix. We've yet to get it. So sorry. When I read things like this, I just can't help but feel you're uninformed.

Let me also say this, just to further drill in my point.

WARRIORS GET MORE STR ON THEIR SWORD THAN MONKS GET STR AND INT ON THEIR KNUCKLES. WARRIORS GET A NICE 10 PERSON HIT AOE AND EXTRA DODGE AND PARRY.

There is something wrong with our gear. It just sucks so damn hard compared to other classes.

#205 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Pretty sure Gamdol meant having party buffs.

Sad part though, is that monks have to constantly apply Throw Spirit Sphere to maintain their threat. But the animation and pitiful damage of TSS weakens our overall threat build-up because we also have no DoT to maintain threat so overall anything positive on monk is good enough.

Still, at the current state of the game, both the game's design and monk being part of the worst of their design shows that the devs need to work very hard to keep the class variety separate.

#206 Gamdol

Gamdol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

I meant that in any normal fight, the absolute quickest you can be hitting with GFist is after 4 seconds of constant melee, with no misses. Adding more skills that are necessary to have a useful hit on GFist just means even longer before you can be effective.

I realize that the class has other buffs, but you seriously need to calm down if reading my last post made you flip out. I've played Monk a good bit, and champed plenty in Colo, so I know what I'm saying when I'm talking about things that the class is missing in PvP (plenty of duels vs various classes too).

Have you ever considered that the fixes they've done for the other classes have been extremely minor? Changing a graphics file, changing a modifier, adding INT, all these things are very simple. Monk needs more than number tuning or a skin rehash, which means a lot more effort required to come up with working solutions. None of the useful things in this thread are "making X hit harder", it's added effects on skills, or new skills entirely. Your comparisons are poor.

#207 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

I meant that in any normal fight, the absolute quickest you can be hitting with GFist is after 4 seconds of constant melee, with no misses. Adding more skills that are necessary to have a useful hit on GFist just means even longer before you can be effective.

I realize that the class has other buffs, but you seriously need to calm down if reading my last post made you flip out. I've played Monk a good bit, and champed plenty in Colo, so I know what I'm saying when I'm talking about things that the class is missing in PvP (plenty of duels vs various classes too).

Have you ever considered that the fixes they've done for the other classes have been extremely minor? Changing a graphics file, changing a modifier, adding INT, all these things are very simple. Monk needs more than number tuning or a skin rehash, which means a lot more effort required to come up with working solutions. None of the useful things in this thread are "making X hit harder", it's added effects on skills, or new skills entirely. Your comparisons are poor.

Sorry but have you seen Assassins? They got more than a simple change. They have new animations. I wasn't aware +40% ATK power to a skill was minor either. Can we get a few minor changes too then please? Give G-Fist +40% ATK power, if it is was so minor.

If you've read this thread carefully, specifically the opening post, you will see that we are not asking for that much. Some AGI on gears, making Lightning Crush hit more than three people. More power on G-Fist and an appropriate stun start time. Even if we did ask for new skills, Assassins got a complete visual overhaul. Sorry, but when a class gets a cosmetic change over a class fix? I find that kind of dumb. Why did Rogues get a minor buff? Did they need it? As badly as Monks? And Crescentia gets some INT. How long have we been asking for AGI?

#208 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

monks pls

#209 Gamdol

Gamdol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

You once again did not comprehend what I said. 40% atk change is extremely minor. It's changing a coefficient value. I'm saying minor in terms of implementation.

Please look at everything I said, instead of tiny parts you're taking out of context.

#210 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

You once again did not comprehend what I said. 40% atk change is extremely minor. It's changing a coefficient value. I'm saying minor in terms of implementation.

Please look at everything I said, instead of tiny parts you're taking out of context.

We are not asking for much more beyond changing a coefficient value. Lightning Crush? Change the value of 3 mobs to 6. G-Fist's stun? Change when it starts. Not terribly difficult. Change WIS on our gears to AGI? Shouldn't be too hard. The only thing we are asking for that may require more than changing a coefficient is a party buff. Shouldn't be too bad compared to revamping an entire class' appearance no?

Nothing we are asking for (see opening thread) requires much more beyond changing a few values. The implementation should not be too serious of a problem.

#211 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

So I just crafted for my fresh lvl 50 monk epic boots, gloves and a weapon and practically nothing changed except my hp, my monk does the same amount of damage

Am i doing it wrong or it's workings as intended? :/

#212 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

So I just crafted for my fresh lvl 50 monk epic boots, gloves and a weapon and practically nothing changed except my hp, my monk does the same amount of damage

Am i doing it wrong or it's workings as intended? :/

Unfortunately, that is how Monk gear is. Not too much differences in tiers.

#213 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Unfortunately, that is how Monk gear is. Not too much differences in tiers.

Did someone say Crappy Gear Scaling? I was summoned by the phrase.

#214 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Loooool it takes just anybody to make a monk and tell me this class is not outclassed for them to come here eventually or delete their monk.

Yes the gear scaling is terrible. I'll keep going on with this thread but the severe lack of monk players aren't helping compared to rogue and assassin players.

I also don't care if this class has average parry and a little bit better defense rates than knight or warrior - this class is gimped in everything.

#215 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Loooool it takes just anybody to make a monk and tell me this class is not outclassed for them to come here eventually or delete their monk.

Yes the gear scaling is terrible. I'll keep going on with this thread but the severe lack of monk players aren't helping compared to rogue and assassin players.

I also don't care if this class has average parry and a little bit better defense rates than knight or warrior - this class is gimped in everything.

I totally agree, Mr. Meco...

#216 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Monk has much better defense rate than warrior, and quite better than knight too.

I definitely agree that monk is poorly implemented and need some buff/change .

However I just want to privide some info to monk players so that you guys wont be so desperate.:

Monk is the best pokemon pet trainer class.

Pets heal/damage depends the sum of ATK and MATK.

Monk gear gives both INT and STR, and for every INT, monk gains both 2 ATK and MATK.

Therefore monk has the strongest pets.

For now all that matters is embus.. but after it is nerfed I am pretty sure monk can be pretty impressive with their pets.

You may even try to ditch agi and boost INT and STR.

Monk heal pet heals the most, and level 3+ mermaid can do some crazy dots. (level 4 mermaid could reach 1k per sec)

I understand it may not be the way you want to play your monk, anyway IMO it is a good and viable alternative.

Edited by ChopChopz, 29 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#217 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Monk has much better defense rate than warrior, and quite better than knight too.

However I just want to privide some info to monk players so that you guys wont be so desperate.:
Pets heal/damage depends the sum of ATK and MATK.
Monk gear gives both INT and STR, and for every INT, monk gains 2 both 2 ATK and MATK.

For now all that matters is embus.. but after it is nerfed I am pretty sure monk can be pretty impressive with their pets.
Their heal pet heals the most, and level 3+ mermaid can do some crazy dots. (level 4 mermaid can reach 1k per sec)

I understand it may not be the way you want to play your monk, anyway IMO it is a good and viable alternative.

That's one way to play monk but I want to be a monk... Not a poke'mon trainer... If I wanted to be one I'll go do that on the 12th lol.

#218 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

That's one way to play monk but I want to be a monk... Not a poke'mon trainer... If I wanted to be one I'll go do that on the 12th lol.

I completely understand and I like my own char to be strong and not my pets.

However RO2 is really turning to a pet-oriented game like pokemon...

I hate this as much as anyone else but if you want to stay in this game you need to be adaptive...

With the help of pes monk may be the best tank.

Meanwhile before dev do anything to fix monk you may wanna try that.

Having some strong pets will benefit you in long term after all.

Edited by ChopChopz, 29 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#219 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

However I just want to privide some info to monk players so that you guys wont be so desperate.:

Pets heal/damage depends the sum of ATK and MATK.

Monk gear gives both INT and STR, and for every INT, monk gains both 2 ATK and MATK.

For now all that matters is embus.. but after it is nerfed I am pretty sure monk can be pretty impressive with their pets.

Monk heal pet heals the most, and level 3+ mermaid can do some crazy dots. (level 4 mermaid could reach 1k per sec)

I understand it may not be the way you want to play your monk, anyway IMO it is a good and viable alternative.

Crescentia is actually the best Pet class followed by Monk. We have high bases too, but we are still a pure Tank class with no DPS modifiers

#220 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Crescentia is actually the best Pet class followed by Monk. We have high bases too, but we are still a pure Tank class with no DPS modifiers

I guess a monk with high INT can have the sum of atk+matk as much as cres or even more, not very sure though as I do not have much knowledge with noel classes.

You cant really compare a dps with tanks anyway.

Tanks benefit much more from heal pets, and pets give monk self heal and dots ability which they used to be lacking, and the dots and heal from monk pets is better than all other classes (maybe except cres)

Edited by ChopChopz, 29 September 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#221 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Yeah but heal pets are just for sustain. For situations where you don't need heals, DPS pets are useful and Crescentia gets more damage from their pets than Monks do. Crescentia kit also synergizes well with Pets.

#222 loneknives

loneknives

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Crescentia pet is so op atm. Their atk damage is highest compare to all classes and magic damage is pretty high too. Pet heal or damage is base on class atk power+ magic power...

#223 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

colosseum at round 2 today, my monk got 0 kills,not even mobs for the lack of last hitting unlike warriors with aura strike, a sorc got 10 kills, eliminated, pls buff monks....

AND NERF SORCERERS

#224 eimichan

eimichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Odin ~

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Idk, i got to be lord of the arena today with just 3 kills in the final round for the title ~

Also i think another monk came in 2nd so while it may be tricky and a bit coinflippy at times in big brawls, it's far from impossible to do well as a monk :3

#225 Gamdol

Gamdol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

I don't think anyone is saying it's impossible to do well. I champed 7 times in the second week of the Colo event after I bought my weapon. I can still regularly get to round 5 and occasionally champ, but I rarely do Colo anymore.

The issue is while possible, Monk doesn't have the skillset to realistically fight someone. If I start attacking a full health person in Colo, they generally have nothing to be worried about for a very long time, and if they're one of a variety of classes they can just walk away from me and cut my damage in half or more, simply by running. With slightly altered skills, Monks can become an actual threat in Colo/PvP as opposed to GFist -> I've got nothing.

A lot of the suggestions seek to address the Monk's issues in raids as well, giving them more utility to incentivize them as a tank, such as a party buff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users