[RML] Tiyanak [rinlen02] - Monster Encyclopedia Workshop - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[RML] Tiyanak [rinlen02]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Ragnarok Monster Lore: Tiyanak ragnaroksource_zps73076a85.png

2irvifk.gif

A Tiyanak is a grayish humanoid creature roaming the first floor of Malaya Hospital and Baryo Mahiwaga. It possesses small legs and a large head resembling that of a baby with pointed ears. For it's size it has long arms and large hands. At all times, it wields a large bloody knife, which it uses to kill it's victims. It moves quickly through an area and, when killed, will cause it to revive itself with half the HP.

World Fact WorldFact_zps9f6b9748.png

Tiyanak is a vampire-like creature in Philippine mythology that takes the form of a child. It cries like a newborn in the jungle to lure travelers astray. Once the unsuspecting victim picks up the tiyanak, it changes into it's true form and attacks whoever picks it up. However, if one turns their clothes inside-out, the tiyanak will find it amusing and allow the traveler to continue on their journey. It is said that the tiyanak also kidnaps children. Some stories have varying attributes of tiyanaks. One states that tiyanak is similar in nature to dwarfs and it's true form is that of a small old man with a long beard and a deformiity where the right leg is shorter than the other. Another story says that the tiyanak retains it's form as a baby but forms teeth and claws to kill the victim. If folklore, this creature is said to be formed by a mother dying in childbirth. Since the Spanish colonization, it was said the tiyanak was the result of infants dying unbaptized or abortions.

tiyanak+Kitt+Lapen%25CC%2583a.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiyanak

Tiyanak Drops

Silver Bracelet 15%

Sticky Mucus 10%

Mysterious Flower 7.51%

#2 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

A lot of the pictures are broken because it's hotlinked. I will try and help fix these. I enjoy reading these a lot! :) Thank you for writing them up! You can use the link to these pictures I put on tinypic on your post and I can remove my post later. ^_^

2irvifk.gif

#3 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

damn these fast running creatures in malaya  :sob:

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

in indonesia they are called tuyul (or toyol in malaysia)

#5 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:15 AM

have you seen one? jsut curious 

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

no, they are metaphysical creature. only few people with sight abilities able to see them. and they are really small in size,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users