Please disable Heroic Backpack's Greed spell on TI maps! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please disable Heroic Backpack's Greed spell on TI maps!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 updownleftright

updownleftright

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

It's really not fair to us new players to have all valuable loots stolen from us by rich players with this high priced item. TI is one of the few opportunities we have to make any money and we're being robbed. Today I was running high ti and had a genetic with heroic backpack on steal 5 bible of promise's as well as a ton of other rare items because he was spamming greed through the whole run.  I don't see how that's fair in any way to allow rich players to get richer when they already have enough money to purchase an 800 million zeny item! I couldn't get a single item the entire run and he walked away with like 500m+ worth of loot. And this isn't the first time that this has happened. All through low and mid ti, people have stolen all loot from parties I've been in using HBP. I've had ABs in party using it that let people die and didn't bother to buff anyone cuz they were too busy looting. I've had sorcs put people on auto follow and spam greed entire time without giving SP to anyone that asked. I was even in a mid ti party where 6 people had hbp's and were all laughing about their competition to get all the loot from each other while the rest of us actually did all the work to kill and didn't get a single item the entire run.

I think that it's only fair that HBP be disabled on TI maps so that everyone in party can have a fair chance at loot. Whats even worse about what happened today is that I was playing on my Arch Bishop when it happened and he refused to let me even have 1 of the Bible of Promise's. Everyone in the party was basically ignoring the situation when i called him out and just said that i should go farm money to buy one or be faster at picking one up.... Excuse me but I'm too busy paying attention to everyone in the parties health bars and keeping them alive to be on top of speed looting against an instant AOE loot spell.

I thought player behavior would get better when i got to the higher levels but it seems just as bad as in the lower brackets. If this is how the community really acts then I don't see why any new player would wanna stick around. 

ps.

I ended up getting a BOP finally from a guild member that felt bad for me, so not everyone is terrible in this game  :p_hi: 

#2 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Another anti-HBP post.  :yawn:

#3 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

oh-look-its-this-thread-again-anime-girl

They're not gonna disable it, just get over it and party with guildies instead of randoms if u want certain loot THAT bad. Sick of all the damn whining about this. You don't hate greed, just hate people that have HBP. Get it out there and just be honest.

Edited by Trixdee, 01 September 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#4 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Yeah, nope.

If you're the leader > kick useless greeders, set party items to shared so they actually go randomly to party members.

If you're not the leader > make a party with above settings.

#5 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

*facepalm*

#6 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

Disabling one of the HBP's functions would make the price of HBP's drop some. I know I value the ability on my HBP.

It's unfortunate however for your High TI predicament. Maybe they could just increase the timer for looting priority or something...

#7 updownleftright

updownleftright

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

Disabling one of the HBP's functions would make the price of HBP's drop some. I know I value the ability on my HBP.

I don't see a problem with that. All other KP items are lower in cost, yet cost just as much to get KPwise.  There are plenty of other places players can use the greed function other than TI, so i don't see 1 fair reason why they should be allowed to rob an entire party of loot without the parties permission.  Greed is useful for soloing or running ET or guild runs where loot is distributed. It just makes no sense to allow a random person to play pirate just because they have self entitlement due to spending alot of money outside of the TI

#8 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

I might be someone of a high tier person and I don't have a HBP... I seen it done but maybe they should put a 10 sec cooldown for using greed. As bad or as how hars ppl would hate for me to say my opinion but most ppl that are in a Ti party tend to be a bit over the edge being greed crazy in the game.

#9 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, nope.

If you're the leader > kick useless greeders, set party items to shared so they actually go randomly to party members.

^ Listen to this person.  They speak the truth.

#10 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Just get rid of greed skill all together from HBP. Skill itself is fine, and greeding on low ti is kind of essential source of money for new comers. What we really need is common sense, and learn to know how to share the loot. 

#11 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, nope.

Pretty much. I wear an HBP in TI most of the time, but it's for the stat boost, and I very rarely greed as I'm usually focused on killing or supporting. There are plenty of parties that feel as you do though and will kick greeders swiftly. If not, just take the above advice and roll with it. I think most people have been annoyed by an over eager greeder at some point in TI.

#12 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, nope.

I don't see a problem with that. All other KP items are lower in cost, yet cost just as much to get KPwise.  There are plenty of other places players can use the greed function other than TI, so i don't see 1 fair reason why they should be allowed to rob an entire party of loot without the parties permission.  Greed is useful for soloing or running ET or guild runs where loot is distributed. It just makes no sense to allow a random person to play pirate just because they have self entitlement due to spending alot of money outside of the TI

You seem to forget that Greed is also a mechanic class skill, so even if Greed was taken away from HBP there would still be greeders. Greed shouldn't be disable on TI maps just because you can't pick up a loot faster than a greeder. That is your own personal problem not everyones. Simply follow what meli said if it's a problem to you or TI with guildies and friends.  :yawn:

Edited by RoseRed21, 01 September 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#13 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

No thanks.

#14 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

i was doing low TI's yesterday.  Solo healer in a full party.  I kept everyone alive while greeding.  No one died, yet people still complained that i was doing nothing but greeding.

Get over yourself.  Seriously.  People can still greed while performing their role in the party just fine.  If its that much of an issue then just turn on item sharing.  People that don't want the extra weight can just drop the item.

If anything, i think the greed skill should be available to more people.  WTB greed hat or something equally silly.

#15 MiaHo5

MiaHo5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Pretend you get your wish. Greed is now disabled on TI maps. In time, you make a merchant class and do the greed quest/buy a HBP. You will probably wish you could greed after killing a monster and it drops a good card/valuable loot, especially if you're about to get killed by the next mob coming up on you.

Honestly, I use the heck out of greed, because @autoloot doesn't work on official.

This suggestion is probably not going to happen. Why not? Ever look through the cash shop?

You can buy greed scrolls in bulk. Its useful for anyone, just like blessing scrolls. More than just HBP users have and use this skill. If you are jealous, and want it, just consider buying greed scrolls. Then, you can enjoy it too! :p_smile:

#16 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

LOL, you guys want more new player so this undead server (undead coz it got saved from being shut down many times) still alive and increase in population. Some of you here even participated in a few threads discussing about continuity and survivability of new players.

Yet, when it come to looting/greeding/robbing... we, as vets... still an friends

#17 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

It's really not fair to us new players to have all valuable loots stolen from us by rich players with this high priced item. TI is one of the few opportunities we have to make any money and we're being robbed. Today I was running high ti and had a genetic with heroic backpack on steal 5 bible of promise's as well as a ton of other rare items because he was spamming greed through the whole run.  I don't see how that's fair in any way to allow rich players to get richer when they already have enough money to purchase an 800 million zeny item! I couldn't get a single item the entire run and he walked away with like 500m+ worth of loot. And this isn't the first time that this has happened. All through low and mid ti, people have stolen all loot from parties I've been in using HBP. I've had ABs in party using it that let people die and didn't bother to buff anyone cuz they were too busy looting. I've had sorcs put people on auto follow and spam greed entire time without giving SP to anyone that asked. I was even in a mid ti party where 6 people had hbp's and were all laughing about their competition to get all the loot from each other while the rest of us actually did all the work to kill and didn't get a single item the entire run.

I think that it's only fair that HBP be disabled on TI maps so that everyone in party can have a fair chance at loot. Whats even worse about what happened today is that I was playing on my Arch Bishop when it happened and he refused to let me even have 1 of the Bible of Promise's. Everyone in the party was basically ignoring the situation when i called him out and just said that i should go farm money to buy one or be faster at picking one up.... Excuse me but I'm too busy paying attention to everyone in the parties health bars and keeping them alive to be on top of speed looting against an instant AOE loot spell.

I thought player behavior would get better when i got to the higher levels but it seems just as bad as in the lower brackets. If this is how the community really acts then I don't see why any new player would wanna stick around. 

ps.

I ended up getting a BOP finally from a guild member that felt bad for me, so not everyone is terrible in this game  :p_hi: 

You just described LoL.

On to the skill.....yea its called greed for a reason.

#18 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

OP i felt the same way as you did, but i made the HBP my first big ticket goal, now that i have one, i dun feel the same anymore =p

#19 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Have you tried asking the party leader to set the loot to share.  So when they greed, everybody gets a piece.   Everybody leaves happy

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 01 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#20 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Ugh I hate party share. People make me fat >:C

But yeah I rarely use Greed in TIs, but when I do I still play my party role. I used to greed on my SinX in low TI, but hey I was supplying gwings ;D

Edited by IsisThump, 01 September 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

For a bit I thought this was a necro'd thread from back when people used heroic backpack instead of fallen angel wings

Edited by Jaye, 01 September 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#22 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

These threads....

as long as someone is doing their role properly, they should be allowed to Greed. If everyone went around picking up items 1 by 1 parties would become so inefficient. 

#23 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, key thing is doing their role properly. Not like many a healer who forgo their role as healer, just to greed. Good thing I always keep a supply of Condensed Whites, and Yggs, on my Gen. Too bad none of my other classes can really carry enough to be able to help others who need the heals. Nor the Int/SP for Heal Clip.

#24 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

That's why I like making my own parties, if I notice someone slacking and just Greeding, they get kicked.

#25 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Party Leader -> Share items

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users