Large bags for new characters only? - Page 22 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Large bags for new characters only?

• Please log in to reply
576 replies to this topic

#526 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

It better be raining Rotten Pumpkin drops, or else this method of getting Large Bags is just asinine. :p_swt:

#527 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Seriously? This is what we get? 1000 pumpkins for a chance to get a bag. Not sure how much the pumpkins cost in kp or zeny yet but this doesn't look any cheaper than paying $20 for a super large bag.

Is this really the best you can do? The bag drops on KRO and SEA. Its free for new players. Why WHY is it so hard to give everyone a bag?

I don't even anymore...

#528 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Okay. We now see how greedy the Developers really are. Why are people still investing money in this game?

People could always refuse to pay until they get what they want. While that may seem childish, it's a method that works. Worst case scenario, they close the game down as a response to not getting paid. However, if they're as greedy as they seem to be, then most likely, they'll give us what we want, because it means the cash will start to flow again.

But then again, a business can't take such a risk of giving in, either, as it would make them look weak, and it would give off the idea that they'd give in every single time to such a thing, allowing them to be manipulated...

But, aren't they just manipulating us, as well?

Hmm... :p_conf:

#529 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

But then again, a business can't take such a risk of giving in, either, as it would make them look weak, and it would give off the idea that they'd give in every single time to such a thing, allowing them to be manipulated...

The solution for a business to not have to resort to 'giving in' is to not give so much reason for players to be unsatisfied in the first place. Sure they need ways to make money to keep this game running, but when players are dreading the potential cost of events that give a significant advantage, something is clearly being done wrong.

Events should be something that gets players excited and want to play the game more, it should be something that players look forward to happening in the game - and the opposite is happening here. Businesses make much more money by making their players/customers happy and loyal, rather than trying to force them to pay too often for a short-term advantage, and way too often at that. RO2 has potential to be a lot more successful than it is right now, if the developers just made the right decisions. It is sad when a business fails to undertand the importance of customer happiness and loyalty - because in the end its a lose-lose situation - the developers lose because customers won't be loyal, will tell others not to spend money on this game (fact - there's been posts like this on the forums already) and when words like these spreads, they end up losing a hell of a lot of potential income - and I'm sure most of you can come up with reasons why the customer loses, so I'll leave it at that.

If a business wants to be as successful as possible, they should make players want to pay because they enjoy the game, instead of having them constantly worry about their wallets to gain an advantage in game. If players have to pay more to get an advantage in game than it costs them to buy some other game, especially if it happens constantly (Mayor Plumberge, Monster DNA Random Box, Halloween event)... well I'm pretty sure you can figure out what will happen.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 05 October 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#530 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Upsets

You have to refine those helm or sword to +10 to even get khara titles. Blessed pumpkin mimics ori/elu and of course Karnium is needed for +10. Pretty much nobody is going to get a +10 weapon and helm.  Also i wanted to save my karnium for T2 Colo not this.

Secondly you have to trade a blessed pumpkin which will be probably hard as balls to collect for a chance at a large bag. Pretty much costing you 1kz for a 1/5 roll at a large bag.

#531 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

The bag drops on KRO and SEA. Its free for new players.

People keep saying this but last I checked they didn't. When did this change? They even had to do a pandora box event so people would get a chance at Large Bags. Which at the moment sounds far better than this pumpkin thing.

#532 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

DatZanbee: Equal Chance

You can buy dat pumkins in kafrashops, to easier get that accessories boxes, then f2per.

So no equal chance. 

Thx for lying again^^

#533 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

People keep saying this but last I checked they didn't. When did this change? They even had to do a pandora box event so people would get a chance at Large Bags. Which at the moment sounds far better than this pumpkin thing.

Everyone thought large bags would drop from pandoras clearing the auction house and now they are reselling them lol. Pumpkins for bags might work if you ignore using them on titles

#534 Salowe

Salowe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm done, good bye.

By the way, if you guys want to change things around here, then maybe the way is to not take part in this events and just stop playing until they rectify the situation and fix bugs, otherwise they just won't give a damn.

#535 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

they really wanna shutdown this game this year like the rumours said....

#536 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'm done, good bye.

By the way, if you guys want to change things around here, then maybe the way is to not take part in this events and just stop playing until they rectify the situation and fix bugs, otherwise they just won't give a damn.

Unfortunately, we're all human. And since we're human, there are fools among us. The fools (Including myself sometimes...even though not a lot compared to many other players.) will continue to spend cash on this game if there's something that even remotely piques our interests.

Edited by GuardianTK, 05 October 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#537 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Large bags.... 

Will be included in the Halloween Event. 

More details coming soon. It may not be how everyone wants it to be, but it will definitely allow everyone an equal chance to get it.

Not how everyone wants it to be? I don't think its how ANYONE wanted it to be. So we have to farm hundreds of pumpkins for a chance at possibly getting a large bag, which every other server is getting pretty easily? You're kidding. I'll wait until the event starts to see how the drop rate is. But if its anything like the Mayor Plumbridge title, the drop rate will be crap and impossible.

#538 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

They probably made it this way because this method to acquire Large Bags would most likely be more expensive than 60$ for paying players, so they'd probably just decide to buy Super Large Bags instead... :p_err:

Didn't I say something about manipulation? :p_conf:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 06 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#539 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Sneaky Devs are sneaky...

#540 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Okay. We now see how greedy the Developers really are. Why are people still investing money in this game?

People could always refuse to pay until they get what they want. While that may seem childish, it's a method that works. Worst case scenario, they close the game down as a response to not getting paid. However, if they're as greedy as they seem to be, then most likely, they'll give us what we want, because it means the cash will start to flow again.

The reason this game is still profitable:
Spoiler

#541 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Riddle me this:

Why is it that when there's an event involving monster drops on RO1, where you can one-shot pretty much every normal monster (depending on your class/level) you usually only have to get 20 or so drops, but in RO2, where fighting monsters is MUCH more time consuming, if there's a monster drop event you have to get over 1,000 drops?

It's hard to believe that it's the same company making these decisions.

#542 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

And we all thought we were going to get Large Bags...

gg.

#543 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

1k pumpkins to be able to gamble for a bag that's not even worth the farm ... a bag that would be useful FOR farming those pumpkins..

All that work just to be able to get bags that are obtainable through drops in the other servers...

Get 3k hp when blessed pumpkin is used when you have both titles.. ... use it on a tank.

Well, then. Time to quit, or take a long break. Or just afk in game. I'm surprised I stayed this long.

Edited by nubbykiddo, 06 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#544 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

a bag that would be useful FOR farming those pumpkins..

The irony in this is both amusing and depressing.

#545 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

It's just a damn bag that drops normally in other servers that's not even close to super large bag. Seriously, what the hell is making it so hard for them to do the same and making us work our damn a**es off just to get some bags that we DO deserve to get with not that much effort required? It sounds like i'm complaining cuz I'm lazy (well, I am >_>) but I'm complaining because this is just highly unreasonable.

#546 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Those of you assuming it's a fair 1/5 chance are even being a bit optimistic for me. I imagine "a chance" means under 5%. :p_swt:

#547 Mazurka

Mazurka

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't even care about the Large bags, I just want the damn new lvl 1 starter pack on my old characters.  Why these weren't implemented in a way so that ALL characters had access to them (new AND old) is beyond my level of comprehension and goes against a lot of basic game design "DO NOTS".

Edited by Mazurka, 07 October 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#548 noobslayer48

noobslayer48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

NdBvc1a.jpg

K1uSxnM.jpg

*cries

#549 KazuMizu

KazuMizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Here's hoping that they'll implement Large bags drop after Wednesday's maintenance. 

#550 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Here's hoping that they'll implement Large bags drop after Wednesday's maintenance. 

confirmed for: No

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users