Homunculus Intimacy - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Homunculus Intimacy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#26 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Just like the levelling system encourages people to bot.

They should probably introduce kafra shop items to make it easier for players like you to feed/train their homunculus. Just like they did with the levelling system.

And please, don't try and turn things the other way around. I'm not the one 'QQing' (whatever that means) for this change, you are.

You was the who complained and started to change this to another thing

Lets get back to the topic, its worthless discuss with someone that have all day to feed homunculus, share account, have someone near to feed it

For those who wakes up 6:30am and just get back after 9:00pm knows what we meant

We are trying to seek a solution for those who knows this situation and dont want to wait to more than 1 year to get your perfect homunculus lvl 150

#27 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

What about getting some intimacy every time a homunculus levels up? I'm sure someone can do the math and find a suitable amount so it won't take as long but it has to be balanced so it's not too easy, I still think you need to feed it but it shouldn't take so long.  Also maybe rewarding people that level along their homunculus and give some bonus intimacy from genetics kills.  I used to feed mine while studying or doing chores so it didn't feel as tedious but it still took a while to get max intimacy.

#28 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

What about getting some intimacy every time a homunculus levels up?

+1

#29 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

That is pretty good. Maybe like 3-5 intimacy per level in random amounts, kind of like how they level? I really like that idea.

#30 MajorScik

MajorScik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

The problem with making it get intimacy when it levels is that you have to evolve it and it go's back to zero. I say the easiest way for them to solve this is definitely a intimacy item

#31 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Like I said, you don't have to spend all day feeding your homunculus. You don't have to be a 'geek', 'dweeb', 'dork' (or any other variation you can think of) to feed your homunculus.. If you can't be bothered to feed it, that's fine. But don't expect your homunculus to magically evolve out of thin air.

2 months...for you it seems. Because you can't be bothered to feed your homunculus.

Getting a homunculus to evolve in 3 weeks takes little time. As I've explained earlier, it takes only 15 seconds or less each hour to feed your homunculus. If you add all that up, the actual time you spend feeding your homunculus to loyal intimacy, is less than an hour. If you can't even do that, then you're going to have a hard time playing the rest of this game.

And please, don't try and turn things the other way around. I'm not the one 'QQing' (whatever that means) for this change, you are.

I'm not even going to bother with your 'you have no life, I do' comments. Sounds kind of childish.

I understand Edstyle.  Some people have little time to play because of work or whatever.  When I was in the army, I only had about an hour, maybe 2, a day, so I could get 6 to 12 points max per day, except on weekends.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 27 November 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#32 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

You was the who complained and started to change this to another thing

Lets get back to the topic, its worthless discuss with someone that have all day to feed homunculus, share account, have someone near to feed it

For those who wakes up 6:30am and just get back after 9:00pm knows what we meant

We are trying to seek a solution for those who knows this situation and dont want to wait to more than 1 year to get your perfect homunculus lvl 150

Or those who got up at 4:00 am and get back after 7-10 pm.

#33 MajorScik

MajorScik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

bump this 

#34 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

I feed my Homun at 11% all the way up to 71% it gives me 5 Intimacy points and 1 hour to do as I please while AFK, so I don't have to feed it every 10 mins. I can double client and play...or do my homework/jobwork or watch a movie or fool around in iRO Raidcall

If you feed it every 10 mins you get...what? 6 Intimacy points per hour.  Yeah, one measle more point...but you had to bother to feed it every now and then.

But one thing is true and that is that the Homun Loyalty system needs an overhaul that is more into accord with Renewal mechanics...Now you can level very fast, but due to loyaling your homun you sometimes end up sacrificing leveling time for your Alch/Bio/Gen.

I would like to see a REAL Intimacy tracker. Numbers like XXX/1000, because not knowing your Homun exact intimacy adds to the stress, specially if you AFK more than intended and it starts to starve.

Why not introducing a feeding item that satiates the homun for 1% or even 5% instead of 10% per feed? That way you'd be getting more points.

Edited by Erydanos, 07 February 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#35 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I remember someone asked about this in one of the Tiki Tuesday threads (Oda's response is the red part of the post): 

http://forums.warppo...-lounge-for-24/

Has there been any further discussion with kRO about the homunculus intimacy issues? I.E. the fact that you can literally start a character and with all the eden quests and ETC can be 150/50 before you hit the "loyal" change needed for evolution prior to being a genetic to get a homunculus S?  Intimacy needed hasn't change even though the EXP tables for homunculus have been drastically reduced, and it's been an issue since renewal came out. 

Pre-renewal the intimacy gain made sense, it tracked the homunculus level pretty closely, depending on leveling habits you would usually hit the first evolution somewhere in the 60-80 range. As it stands now, you can have a level 99 homunculus for quite some time before you are even halfway to the first evolution.

We have requested "battle manual" style items for homunculus EXP and intimacy increasing and they were pretty receptive. They would need some time since it's not something they have done before, but they did say that they were interested.

#36 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I don't even see why a battle manual for EXP is needed, it is ridiculously easy to gain levels with homunculus if you don't just sit in OD2[1].  The only real issue is with the intimacy; it took me less than a week playing 1-2 hours a day to level my eleanor ( single target attack ONLY ) from 100-150. It would have taken maybe 3-4 more days of the same if I hadn't used about 200-300 blue pots to really power level.  

[1] This is because unlike the owner, the homunculus does not suffer an EXP penalty for monsters higher / lower leveled than itself ( and that is a good thing, they usually have to fight monsters much lower level than themselves just to be able to survive). The owner on the other hand suffers a double penalty, level penalties are applied as normal to the EXP granted the owner and said owner does not receive any job EXP from homunculus kills, and reduced job EXP from homunculus assists.  This means that even trying to level a non-trans alchemist by AFKing in OD2 would be painfully slow, and even if you did have the patience to sit there ( you could literally get the same EXP in 10 minutes or less by playing the character ) you would then have to go and actually play to get the job EXP needed to hit trans class / genetic class. 

#37 MajorScik

MajorScik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Homunculus Intimacy <--- You missed the point of the post.

#38 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

Deeeerrrrrppppppp!

Or I was commenting on Oda's reply that included EXP manuals as well as intimacy manuals to MY post asking about gasp homunculus intimacy.

#39 BrrrIshCold

BrrrIshCold

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

Or... We can just get rid of the whole intimacy thing. If you ask me, leveling together for 99 levels (that's a lot of time...) should cause some kind of intimacy between the homun and owner anyways. =_=

#40 MajorScik

MajorScik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I have a question. Has anything that anyone has said in any of these forms ever actually eventuated in something happening ? I mean i see a lot of good ideas and no ones taking notes. We may as well be sending smoke signals  

#41 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

I have a question. Has anything that anyone has said in any of these forms ever actually eventuated in something happening ? I mean i see a lot of good ideas and no ones taking notes. We may as well be sending smoke signals  

no.

This is where threads go to die.

#42 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

I forgot I even made this thread last year.

Why does this section even exist?

"Oh hey guys, we're gonna give you a forum to mention possibly great ideas, but we aren't gonna read 'em or respond... HAHA!"

#43 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

I forgot I even made this thread last year.

Why does this section even exist?

"Oh hey guys, we're gonna give you a forum to mention possibly great ideas, but we aren't gonna read 'em or respond... HAHA!"

Oda has already stated that they pitched the idea of Homun Loyalty/Exp BM's to Gravity and that they showed interest.  That's a good thing.

Now, we are talking about Gravity...even if they implement that idea it might take a while for it to be delivered to iRO...

#44 MajorScik

MajorScik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Gravity is slow as ass. The game is so old now :(

By the time they do something the game will be done and dusted 

#45 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

yeah bm will be the solution for a outdated intimacy system that not has been revised with renewal.

How would you implement such a intimacy bm... 30 (or 60) minutes 5 times the normal rate? so 30 intimacy for 40(80) cent? So 12(24) dollar so it just needs 30 hours? 

Right, let the player pay real money for gravitys unwillingness to "update" the homunculus system.

At the moment it will take at least 9000 minutes or 150 hours playtime to get to loyal. Think what you can achieve in 150 hours playing any other char...

The intimacy system at the moment - this relict of pre-renewal times - is just ridiculous. Homunc exp is not a problem.

Why not just keep it SIMPLE: raise (I think triple) the intimacy points given when feeding. That fix would need a few minutes of time... from "intimacy = intimacy +1" to "intimacy = intimacy +3" and in case intimacy is capped at 1000 add a check that sets intimacy to 1000 if its greater than 1000 (in case you feed at 998 or 999 intimacy)... change one character and fill in one short line in the code... very hard stuff...

TBH 50 hours playtime to get to loyal once is still quite some time... (much longer than you need to 99->rebirth->99)

#46 SlayerYuffie

SlayerYuffie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

Can they also have a tick for telling what intimacy the homunculus is at? I realize the homunculus is at Neutral, but it would be nice to have some sort of number to tell me how many feedings or points I have left until it reaches Loyal.

#47 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

I have work and I loyaled my homu in 1 month. I have shift works but here is what i do:

I feed it to 81+, before i go to work, i set a timer to auto reboot my router at 1 hr 10 min, so making it dc from sever. 

After i get back from work, i feed it to 51+, then come back every 30 min if im not playing and doing other stuff, of coz i had alarm. If i'm playing I'll just feed it every 10 min.

Then before i sleep, i feed it to 81+ again, then set a the reboot my router time again. Then repeat.

If i'm off that day, and I'm sure i won't be going anywhere, i'll just feed it every 30 min.

And here is what i do to track my homu intimacy:

you start with 11 intimacy point, you need 911 to be loyal. so total of a 900 intimacy.

each feed you get 0.5-1 intimacy depends on how hunger is the homu. so min. of 900 feed and max of 1800 feed is needed. but usually we won't let the hunger drop below 10 (that's when you get 0.5 intimacy when u feed it), so i'd say 0.75 intimacy per feed is average. that mean 1200 feed.

I buy 1200 feed and put it on cart, if you haven't done something really stupid like leaving your homu out for whole day while you at work. by the time that around 900-1k feeds are consumed, you know you are close to loyal it.

#48 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Well...that's a neat way to keep track of Intimacy. I tried something similar, didn't work for me.

That's why I loved RCX's Pet status feature, since it showed the Intimacy points like xxx/1000, but alas! This new .exe isn't compatible with RCX anymore...

I think most of the stress of loyaling a Homun comes from the fact that until you keep track of it by yourself, you don't know how much you've advanced and worse if you happen to let your homun starve, you won't know how far you've gone back.

Also...they could've made the food increase just 1% of hunger instead of 10% with each feed...that way, instead of feeding your homun from 11 to 21 hunger and get 1 measle Intimacy point, you would get 10 intimacy points.

#49 Aratiina

Aratiina

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Some homun's feed is pretty expensive..... If it adds 1% instead of 10%, U'll have a really costly partner on your hand XD.

I like the idea of Intimacy items, they could add like 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 intimacy when used, depending on price.

Also BMs for lvling homun would be great.... for now highest I got my homun was 102 x.x;. It's faster once U get AoE, but till then it's really slow ;x.

But then, I liked the idea of Homun getting exp from tax, like guild, the most, someone gave it in another post....

Would fix alot of problems, cos U could lvl it by playing not AFKing....

Edited by Aratiina, 11 March 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#50 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

Bump, they really need to add more intimacy per feed for Homunculus, its sooo ridiculous to get to loyal and evolve and get to loyal again then evolve to S and loyal again.

Whats the point of making intimacy soooo low, it doesnt make sense nor make the game long, it makes the game boring and senseless, by the time we have it loyal the players woulda been soo bored to death waiting/afking feed.

And as already mentioned before, not all people have the time to spend the whole day playing a freaking game because of work, school etc and playing RO all day is not a good thing even if u just comeback to feed per hour means your not working or doing anything productive in your life

Ragnarok is getting old and its like 10 years now and counting, it lacks many updates to fix player's problems like this one, heck even the Change Cart skill for merchant class is 2011 and its 2014 now and we still don't have the update WTF???

Gravity or whoever is incharge can make money off of selling kp for intimacy, cause working people would rather pay to save precious time than spend freaking hours on the game, WE NEED AN UPDATE AND STILL NO GM VOICE ON THIS ISSUE......

Edited by Aedis, 15 May 2014 - 01:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users