#1 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Since the gap in economy between Leonis And Draco gets smaller and smaller I think (and many others) that merging both servers will be a genius  idea for the future of rose.

There's no point of having 2 servers when we can one ultra active server. 

Write what you guys think 

#2 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Always +1.

#3 Suns

Suns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

+1

although I could see what issues would come up (names, items, etc.), I think the benefits outweigh the consequences :]

#4 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

+1

I fully agree with you, a server merge would be hard and take some time, beside that it will have a lot of consequences (char names, clan names the overall economy), however a realy active server would be awesome, problems like GA would be solved and it would be a way easyer for the GM team to keep an eye on the server.

#5 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

I just came back from a 4 years break.....and I miss the opportunity of switching channels (used to be 3). All the good spots to level are always taken (by bots sadly), so it would be a fantastic idea to merge servers and maybe open again those 3 channels??

#6 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

What original idea, I wonder why someone hasn't ever suggested it before?  Hey lets also address buff sets, keyboard macros and duping.

#7 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's definitely been suggested before ;)

I agree, merge the servers and have 2 channels. This will be a massive undertaking though and I can't foresee it, not in the next year anyway.

#8 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

There wouldn't even be a need for 2 channels (don't scare the devs!) one channel would do fine untill they find the time to ad another one :P

#9 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

This has been thrown around sooo many times. We are aware of this "option".

#10 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

This has been thrown around sooo many times. We are aware of this "option".

If you guys want to bring back the times where everything was more crowded, you should merge the servers. This will also attract new players to start playing since there will be more players walking around, more people to ask questions to, more newbies to play with.

For now there is barerly anyone in Adventure Plains etc, so the game looks dead (or is).

#11 agent0range

agent0range

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

this is good..on [mod]Please don't mention Private servers[/mod], gm can make players from diffrent servers meet during war..wat more from the original publisher..plus i jus want to suggest to add atleast 2 channels..tnx

Edited by Zurn, 03 September 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#12 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

it's gonna be really awkward at the beginning, but I'm sure we're gonna get used to it, and find a way to get eachother and manage/balance everything.

#13 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

It's simply the game will look more packed, and more interesting to play for newcomers.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

This is an update from my last response in another thread.

Some of the main issues are

-duplicate ID's for characters | items | clans | etc

-duplicate names for characters [with the name change system a server wide forced rename could be taken into effect] this one is now almost solved.

Between you and me, the biggest issue is line 1. It requires the most amount of work to develop a system, and verify that NOTHING at all is going to go wrong. Essentially all characters items clans etc would have their ID's re-numbered. And if it's NOT done properly, well you could end up logging into someone elses characters instead of your own, and not only that, but items could all be mixed up between characters that are now mixed up between accounts and clans would have rosters full of people that were never it in. 

It would be a mess if it went wrong. 

However, a merge has always been a +1 for me. Makes no sense to split the community. The only logical reason was server capabilities couldn't support the traffic there used to be. 

#15 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would love this idea, but I have asked the GM this before and they told me that it would be problems with chars name and clan names.

#16 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

It would but that one thing for sure that will improve the game and boost it more, rather spending a year merging the servers than spending a year on other things.

#17 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, Definitely Merge the servers. I'm sure they can solve the character name/clan names. I hope they can do this, because like everyone said the game is dying out. We need more people to see and people will get a lot more motivated to pvp and war.

#18 InuyashaDraconis

InuyashaDraconis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

+1 from me aswell yeah the names would be the only problem, they could simply rename duplicate char names to random numbers and give them a name change scroll.

Or they could simply give the leonis server higher priority and only change the Draconis names, i know its not entirely fair but leonis has been around longer and MOST of the names were probably taken prior to the draconis server launch.

But yeah i totally agree with this idea i mean it would probably make things A LOT more interesting

Edited by InuyashaDraconis, 03 September 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#19 McFizzle

McFizzle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's funny how they do something that 20% of the community wants, but when 90% of the population suggests something multiple times, it's just brushed off.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Fizzle. its not being brusged off. it just takes time and resources that are currently being consumed by more immediate issues.

#21 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

It's funny how they do something that 20% of the community wants, but when 90% of the population suggests something multiple times, it's just brushed off.

+1. Servers should've been merged a long time ago. Should've merged the servers instead of getting rid of buff sets...

#22 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Merging the servers is a delicate issue to approach.

Immediate considerations that will need to be answered.

1. How to handle same character name issues between servers.
  2. How to handle same clan name issues between servers.
  3. How to handle multiple characters being merged between two servers, to one.
  4. How to handle overflow of account storage.

These are the first questions. Then you get questions like

• Should one server take priority over the other (for same name issues).
  • If so, which server gets priority?
  • Is that fair to that server and not the other?
  • Is there a way to sustain both somehow?
  • Will storage overflow be possible for merging two account storage inventory.

And many, many more issues involved with merging characters, clans, items, anything that might be unique to the server.

You may want to give it some thought, because we have and aren't too happy with the idea and the time it will take to implement.

Consider whatever answer you might give towards taking one side vs another, you could be on the other side and may not like it happening to you.

#23 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

You would think all these "great minds" would come with a simple solution for the names.  I played (server i will not say) and they had did a merge with two servers which went VERY WELL.  For the names, lets say they put an L next to the next names of Leonis and a D for draconis.  So for like my name "L"Morenito or "D"Morenito.  Or color code the names with servers, don't like the color get over it.  Any new chars will just have a normal name. Guild names will have to be associated with L or D.  After time goes by, that server had given everyone a name change scroll so everyone can change their name.  Don't get the same name, too bad so sad.  Guess you gotta put that XxxX on the end or somethin lol. 

For items, would you not want ACCEPTABLE duplicate items?  Hahaha no item on this game is "unique", either its super refined or not.  So many simple solutions from the small population on this server it wouldn't take as nearly long as if this server had 10k+ active people.

#24 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yeah Char names is just an esthetic issue , people gotta see the bigger picture.

#25 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Merging the servers is a delicate issue to approach.

Immediate considerations that will need to be answered.

1. How to handle same character name issues between servers. Put an ID tag beside their name. For instance take name "joejohn", if there was a Leonis joejohn and a Draconis joejohn... the merge would then make their names look like this joejohn.L  and joejohn.D  (L for Leonis and D for Draconis).
  2. How to handle same clan name issues between servers. Same thing as said above with names, add .D or .L
  3. How to handle multiple characters being merged between two servers, to one. Don't know on this.
  4. How to handle overflow of account storage. Would it be hard to just make account storage bigger? Add more slots/pages?

These are the first questions. Then you get questions like

• Should one server take priority over the other (for same name issues). This question would be irrelevant given my suggestion.
  • If so, which server gets priority? Neither.
  • Is that fair to that server and not the other? N/A
  • Is there a way to sustain both somehow? Suggested above.
  • Will storage overflow be possible for merging two account storage inventory. If we could have more slots. People have been asking anyways for room for their lucky spin costumes and such.

And many, many more issues involved with merging characters, clans, items, anything that might be unique to the server.

You may want to give it some thought, because we have and aren't too happy with the idea and the time it will take to implement.

Consider whatever answer you might give towards taking one side vs another, you could be on the other side and may not like it happening to you.

Just some suggestions I put in blue above beside what you said.

Edited by SirSlayer, 03 September 2013 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users