Merging both servers - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Merging both servers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#76 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

And Draconis vendors will earn more ;) that's called 'meet in the middle' so that's the fairest way :)

#77 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Are the prices for basic items, say gems, really that different between Leo and Draco?  There are items on Leo that Draco does not have (Faiths, ancients, etc) that go for very high prices, but are the prices of lisent, jewelry, honor gear, etc that much different?  Maybe having more of the items will actually drop the prices.  

And everyone talks about a zulie drain, but who cares if some players have billions.  A lot of players play the game just to vend and make money.  That is their enjoyment.  With so many high dollar items account bound they are not spending their zulie now.  What do you propose for a zulie drain and why drain zulie?  The reason prices are so high on Leonis is because they can be, people have most of the things they need until something new comes out. Vendors can ask whatever they like for items, and if they sell great, if not oh well.  They just put it in storage for later or drop the prices.  Maybe a cap on common things would be the best way to control the market.  A max amount items can be sold for.  

But the economy is not the main reason people are asking for a merger. 

#78 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

And everyone talks about a zulie drain, but who cares if some players have billions.  What do you propose for a zulie drain and why drain zulie?  people have most of the things they need until something new comes out.

People with billions of zulie can buy out that certain item and start a monopoly jacking up the prices; therefore, making it worse. It's ridiculous paying 9b for one maxed out epic...For the bolded part, what about the new players? For those who can't buy IM, how will they be able to afford the gears?

#79 iEATcupcakes

iEATcupcakes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Locationcupcake LAND

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

We're gonna get used to it, infact, the Draconis players will see this merge coming! and it's their responsibility to(or not) sell their items equally to Leonis players. We learn this everyday, be aware of trade thiefs.

We just need to get along.. and who knows, in 5 days, all items finally has its new prices! 

Lookin at the bright side, old timer players will come back, seeing a lot of people making new characters! If the merge happens, I'm definitely going to heal/buff new players and to whoever needs help.

Edited by iEATcupcakes, 09 September 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#80 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Does not work that way at all. If both servers merged and one presume that Leonis's vendor will follow suit with Draco's Prices and thus balancing the economy, then one is looking fairy high upon Draco vendors. No one seemed to think that Draco vendors can also raise their prices to match existing Leo prices in order to make more money. Even if both sides reaches the middle range between the Highest - Lowest price, Draco will still end up paying more for an item and Leo will be paying less. 

In this situation, no doubt Leonis vendors will be making less, but making making less does not mean loss . Its still profit, just lesser. If this really comes to reality, rich Leonis players will be spending alot lesser in grabbing stocks and thus monopolying the market and in the end, market prices will raise again. 

Before really thinking about Merging servers, I hope WP have an effective way of Zulie draining on both servers. Balance out the ratio between total amount of Zulies in one server to the nearest possibly percentage in the other before merging them. What we need is a competitive market, not a wholesale massacre. Merging both servers blindly now will result in a massacre. 

We may be enjoying more benefits from companionship and GA buddies, but in the long run we will all be consumed by the market. While some of you are busy having fun with new friends, many will fail to realised the threat approaching from behind. Think twice really before even going that far and suggest all those possible changes. If servers merging are unavoidable, then we should plan it out more carefully from different angles, In-Game and Out alike.

You are looking more at the qualitative equilibrium of the items in-game without considering the quantitative equilibrium.  The supply and demand of how items will work is by the population of the people and how many actual honor items, epics, etc are actually out there.  It's not like leonis is getting more items and players, BOTH draconis and leonis are gaining more items and players.  

Now from what I'm going to guess by what I have read around the forums, Draconis has a little bit more players than leonis, from that I think it's safe to say that there are more and cheaper items in draconis than leonis.  If the two servers do merge, it's more likely that both servers will start to find a balance in prices.  What might start happening is Draconis will try to raise their prices to match Leonis prices HOWEVER, when other Draconis players can't buy those items which could be honors, epics, etc, and they start noticing that their stuff is not selling because the demand for it is down, they are forced to lower their prices due from surplus.  

This is not including the other factors as in item mall and possible events.  You can deplete a lot of zulie going towards regular items and have them going towards IM things.  Either making upgrades and reroll hammers tradeable or even make new IM items that give a very big boost to a char which can be traded which could make the price of IM points rise also and get a lot of the zulie out (90% of IM is useless and should probably be remade lol).  

Merging the servers could be a huge benefit for rose, if taking the right steps and filling in as many loop holes as possible.

#81 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Now from what I'm going to guess by what I have read around the forums, Draconis has a little bit more players than leonis.

Ehm... Have you ever been in Leonis or Draconis... lol, Leonis is the oldest server and has the most players.

#82 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Ehm... Have you ever been in Leonis or Draconis... lol, Leonis is the oldest server and has the most players.

Ehm... Have YOU ever been in Leonis or Draconis... Draconis definetly gets more new players and has more players than Leonis.  More veterans and a-_- in leonis, but Draconis is definetly more active in players.  

#83 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

The Devs can weigh in on this but from the last I heard Draconis has a lot more active players now than Leonis.  Especially after Steam introduced new players to the game.

#84 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Ehm... Have YOU ever been in Leonis or Draconis... Draconis definetly gets more new players and has more players than Leonis.  More veterans and a-_- in leonis, but Draconis is definetly more active in players.  

Well tbh I've played both lmao, I've been playing this game for years, yes Draconis gets more new players because it's the first server on the list, but due the reason it's less populated

the new players will quit more often than new players in leonis.

If u want ill take a screenshot of Junon polis population of Draconis and one of Leonis, Leonis is much more packed with shops & clan spots.

#85 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well tbh I've played both lmao, I've been playing this game for years, yes Draconis gets more new players because it's the first server on the list, but due the reason it's less populated

the new players will quit more often than new players in leonis.

If u want ill take a screenshot of Junon polis population of Draconis and one of Leonis, Leonis is much more packed with shops & clan spots.

No need to waste my time on childs play and try proving something that no regular player including myself and you, unfortunantly, can not prove for a fact.  

On topic:  This topic needs to seriously be discussed as a community with the developers like legit... Wish they could respond with how they feel or something.

#86 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just responding to leonis questions, just like everyone else. but I feel that my ideas are similar as everyone else... kind of.

Spoiler

Edited by DigitalKitten, 09 September 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#87 Zinzura

Zinzura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I agree for this proposal but let you consider the situation of the "GM" there's a lot to fix even bug is too difficult to arrange..once the two servers would be merge it takes a lot of time,then you people will complain,,ZZzZzZZzzZZzz what you guys really want?? lol :p_sleep: :p_sleep: :p_sleep:

#88 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

A big NO..I had enough of the idiocy player from Draconis..If this happened i will quit this game for sure

#89 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I don't honestly think all Leonis players are geniuses too. So lets not go there.

#90 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

I don't honestly think all Leonis players are geniuses too. So lets not go there.

Well I've played both servers for atleast 2 years on both, and it's known fact that players from Leonis speak better English than most of the Draconis players because most of the Draconis players come from the Philippines.

#91 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

I agree with u that Leonis players speaks better and more english than Dracos.

However, his logic not to merge was " Idiocy" of Draco players. Speaking english well don't make you a genius. But like I said, lets not go there :3 this is not what this thread is about. 

We are better off focussing on the current situation and problems in hand. 

#92 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

Please don't merge.

When you see these idiots saying "my server is the older one, so it shall be the main one", honestly, LMAO. Just seeing the mentality of these people, I surely don't wanna play with them.

#93 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

There is not much more to say about this subject.  The devs know the feelings of some of the community.  They said they would look into it all if it makes sense for Gravity.  The forums users are only a small percentage of the population of Rose.  If the Devs really want to merge the servers they will ask about it and ask for help with solutions.  At this point this thread is turning stupid and it will only get worse. 

There are idiots on both servers.  There are good people on both servers.  No need to go there.  This was a good discussion with some helpful into.

#94 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

A big NO..I had enough of the idiocy player from Draconis..If this happened i will quit this game for sure

That was the most stupid "argument" I've seen in this post so far, I'm sorry but - what?!
A lot of the Draconis players speak foreign languages, and that's why they had the translate system done in the game as well, it doesn't make the players stupid. They might not understand everything language wise, but I've met good players there.
As for the whole language thing, exists in Leonis too. I'd rather say that merging the server would make it easier for them to understand the game and keep playing as they can help eachother with it. Who said you need to interact with them?

And saying someones "stupid" have you ever considered the amount of time people have played?
Not everyone are veterans, and think about it - the draconis server is the newer server too.

Putting the "idiociy" stamp on a whole server is just one thing - lame. Have some respect, treat others like you want to be treated yourself, I'd say that you're the fool now :bang:

#95 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

There is not much more to say about this subject.  The devs know the feelings of some of the community.  They said they would look into it all if it makes sense for Gravity.  The forums users are only a small percentage of the population of Rose.  If the Devs really want to merge the servers they will ask about it and ask for help with solutions.  At this point this thread is turning stupid and it will only get worse. 

There are idiots on both servers.  There are good people on both servers.  No need to go there.  This was a good discussion with some helpful into.

I strongly agree with this.

I'd prefer no one saying anything than not being on topic and not giving a good arguement.  This thread is only going to go left if no one contributes USEFUL help.  

Lets just let the dev decide on this one right now.

#96 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Well I've played both servers for atleast 2 years on both, and it's known fact that players from Leonis speak better English than most of the Draconis players because most of the Draconis players come from the Philippines.

I have noticed that as well who do you think has a larger community in Draconis the Indonesians or the Philippinos?  I think its the Indonesians but I could be wrong.

#97 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I think the merge would be great for people whom dont speak english well as they get the opportunity to help eachother out once theres more people from the same background.

#98 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thank you everyone for posting your thoughts, ideas and providing the feedback on the idea. As you can see, reading through the thread, there is no unanimous acceptance when it comes to the of merging servers. But seeing all your feedback does help us identify what you feel the need for it is. With that in consideration, I will leave you all with this last comment on the subject.

We do not have plans to merge the servers at this point in time, though it is something we will always have as a consideration if a need arises. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Until then, those issues which are expressed behind why a merge is felt to be a good idea, alternative solutions will also be considered to alleviate such issues, however none will be put to development project at this point in time.

For the time being, I've begun to see much of this topic to simply repeat itself so, I am going to lock this thread for the time being and discourage further talk about it for now. Thank you all again, for your honesty, opinions and ideas on the matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users