Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#1 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

http://forums.warppo...7-pets-in-colo/

Trying to continue the debate here after the last thread got locked from too much mud slinging...

So what do you guys think? I just want to start off on a personal comment that I think they should be disabled in Colosseum. Here are my thoughts regarding the matter:

1) More animations from multiple sources (Namely the pets being included on top of everything else that's going on in the arena...) causes more graphical machine lag.

2) It will come to a point where people with high % pet completion are going to start doing some really dumb things with their pets. Namely the use of things like Embus of Ruin or Eremes with low cooldowns for strong effects, which normally helps them win far easier than under normal circumstances.

3) Please don't bring up the idea that pets can be used to destroy premades, because it doesn't eliminate the fact that premades can use it effectively against you too.

4) I understand that certain pets are hard to obtain and gaining a high % pet completion is no easy feat as well, but it doesn't change the fact that this will only get progressively worse for the Colosseum as more and more people grind it out over time.

5) Yes, Embus of Ruin does keep you Frozen for 20 seconds regardless of Iron Will status. Had it done to me in Colosseum a few times already. Please don't argue for 3 pages about it here.

Here are some comments that really caught my attention in the previous thread:

http://forums.warppo...colo/?p=1479423

http://forums.warppo...colo/?p=1484066

http://forums.warppo...colo/?p=1485483

What are your thoughts on having pets in Colosseum after all this time? Would you like to see them disabled or enabled in Colosseum?

Edited by GuardianTK, 03 September 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#2 LostAgain

LostAgain

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

i say disable them and i have over 60% completion including Embus and other bosses

#3 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I like pets, in Colo. It adds a dynamic element to colo that I think Colo needs. With them Monks can have a DOT AOE slow

with mermaid, or a Wiz can use Assassin Elder and then Ice Wall if they are in danger.

#4 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

I say disable them. 

It's not about who got the best pet, it's about skills. (and p2w...)

#5 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

They need to be disabled.

Inverse of Ruin being the top contender here. Inverse ruins just about all Melee classes by keeping them rooted for over 20 seconds. Thats 20 seconds of doing NOTHING.

Maya Purple does some incredible damage with its bleed, auto and slow

Vador tends to do over 1k dmg to 2k dmg

Eremes and Executioner Undead have their AOE knock down. Executioner being the lesser evil of both

Bapho Jr has its 1 second stun which isn't the biggest deal

These are only a few pets. People with higher level mermaids having it make people bleed for 400 - 600+ dmg is a bit much too

While they're at it they need to disable Graham potions, Kafra potions, and spinels from colo.

Edited by Xintello, 03 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

That's why i want/need Lapparman asap, while frozen 20 seconds, lapparman heals 2.5k-4-5k crit, but yeah i got your point, a last round on colo with 2 embus of ruin pretty much decide the winner for ranged dps. This will become worst when ppl start getting 80-90 % pet collection, that's almost no cooldown. *Spamming Embus like a ret..*

Even though it's funny the lack of pvp of such people who got Eremes and Embus of ruin, they see someone on WoE and they keep spamming the Embus/Eremes hotkey to save their lifes hahaha.

You can buy pets, but you can't buy PvP. :no1:

Edit: Disable them on Colo of course.

Edited by Vau, 03 September 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#7 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Enable specific PvP-only pets.

Disable pets, you'll mess up if you try, besides we have more mattering issues than readying a PvP pet collection..

#8 701130514115257950

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Disable them.

Pets create an unequall system of pvp that reduce the the personal pvp skills and induce the personal farming/zeny paying skills.

Why did u disable ITEMS  from colo in the first place? wasnt that just to make sure colo is EQUAL? the pets unbalaced colo again with rich ppl paying for embus/eremes/willow dna's and poor ppl dying in final round. 

Disable them.

#9 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

I may not Colo anymore, but I'm in favor of disabling them.

#10 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Disable please!

There are many times people unleash them all at the same time in the beginning of round one or when the monsters all start to come out and it lags me out so bad it makes me crazy. It's unfair and just becomes who's got the best pet. There's so much other stuff messing up colo like the crappy queue system with premades we don't need just one more thing making it such a chaotic mess than it already is.

#11 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

So far people are not in favor, and I have to agree. Some pets are even more beneficial for some classes than others. This makes Colo even more imbalanced between classes, and between the rich and the poor. I hope you're reading these comments, WP.

Edited by ZT0100, 03 September 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#12 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

It's not that I'm against people to disable Pets, but really pet is not only thing that breaks colo... Pet can only cost me 1 death while I score 5 kills. There are only few people who have lv 3 pets (not sure if there is even 1 person who has lv 4) but more than 50% winner using OP items and bugs exploit...

#13 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

I say let them stay!!! .....that is all.

#14 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

They help me a lot in the first few rounds... For a class that doesn't have a lot of options, I can now get a DoT, Slow, Knockdowns, Heals, etc. off them.

I have mixed feelings on them.

#15 YukiChan

YukiChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:Borderlands PSQ

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

disable

#16 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

It's not that I'm against people to disable Pets, but really pet is not only thing that breaks colo... Pet can only cost me 1 death while I score 5 kills. There are only few people who have lv 3 pets (not sure if there is even 1 person who has lv 4) but more than 50% winner using OP items and bugs exploit...

This topic is about PETS in particular, please don't bring up other factors, otherwise it is leading to nowhere.

My vote is no pets (I have 70% pets)

OP and most people above has given enough reasons.

Edited by ChopChopz, 03 September 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#17 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

They were supposed to be disabled in colo unless WP was lied to, since that's what they told us.

Either way they should be removed. Colo is already screwed up enough.

EDIT: wrong words

Edited by DatMONKey, 03 September 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#18 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Disable them! 

#19 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, gotta agree, they need to go. Thief/ranger classes spawning them from invisibility and then getting free kills, garbong/mermaid/moonlight/vador being dumped into mobs of people to pick up lots of free kills and undead/eremes letting you 100% stunlock somebody from full health to death. The worst offender by far is Imverse -- perma AoE freeze until she despawns, it's brutal for melee classes and impossible to fight against. Even against Eremes you have a chance to escape it, but still.

#20 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, gotta agree, they need to go. Thief/ranger classes spawning them from invisibility and then getting free kills, garbong/mermaid/moonlight/vador being dumped into mobs of people to pick up lots of free kills and undead/eremes letting you 100% stunlock somebody from full health to death. The worst offender by far is Imverse -- perma AoE freeze until she despawns, it's brutal for melee classes and impossible to fight against. Even against Eremes you have a chance to escape it, but still.

I believe these people are trying to persuade you to not stand in groups like a premade.

Edited by NuwaChan, 04 September 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#21 Archtyp3

Archtyp3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Disable.

#22 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Disable. I admit though, it's kind of funny sometimes when I get hit with a random pet AoE DoT and breaks my camo and then everyone suddenly turns around and focuses me down, it's like one of those Metal Gear Solid moments where someone notices theres a moving cardboard box and everyone goes "!"

#23 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Wouldnt a lvl 2-3 pet with a 80% collection rate allow that pet to stay outside indefinitely? Yeah you can see how that might be just a little problematic.

Balance the pet system(Gravity you can do it!) or disable them. They will probably disable them though after things settle down with everyone having strong pets and they made the most $ from kafra shop drop rate increase sheit.

#24 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Wouldnt a lvl 2-3 pet with a 80% collection rate allow that pet to stay outside indefinitely? Yeah you can see how that might be just a little problematic.

Balance the pet system(Gravity you can do it!) or disable them. They will probably disable them though after things settle down with everyone having strong pets and they made the most $ from kafra shop drop rate increase sheit.

120 second cooldown at 0%. Pets stay out for 20 seconds. -10 seconds of cooldown per 10% completion. This means you need 100% completion to keep them out. Basically just resummon as soon as one expires. That's unrealistic though, so 80% is generally just the general opinion on what's achievable realistically. That means 20 seconds between each pet summon. That's still pretty broken in most cases.

Increasing the levels of pets does not decrease their cooldown. It does make their basic attacks or some effects stronger though...

#25 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I thought lvl 1 pet stays out for 10 seconds lvl 2 20 seconds and so on. Also once the pet skill is casted the countdown starts + add in vigor and you can possibly chain pets before the 100% completion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users