Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#51 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

The problem here is serious dudes, but if we say disable them from Colo and Raids, then What's the damn purpose of pets?. If we say, "increase their Cooldowns", it won't help at all, someday everyone will get 80-90% pet collection and the problem will come back.

So, what's the best idea to improve pets, making them usefull but at the same time, don't break the fun, strategy, skills from every player. We need serious feedbacks about this, this is just the start.

@Njoror/Zanbee/Heimdallr:

Spam with E-mails to those damn devs to fix this pet system that in a near future is going to make them loose more money than they expected.

Off-topic:

3 Embus on last round, that was sick, really.

#52 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Make pets mostly for aesthetic/collection purposes, and focus on improving class gameplay please. I swear, each new system opens up whole new can of worms.

#53 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

:3 my ST is haxx

#54 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yo Embus needs to go, like now.

I used to have mixed feelings, but as monk, randomly running into one is beyond stupid. Especially when I have to worry about my G-Fist missing or not, now I got Embus/Eremes/Executor in every colo...

#55 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

They help me a lot in the first few rounds... For a class that doesn't have a lot of options, I can now get a DoT, Slow, Knockdowns, Heals, etc. off them.

I have mixed feelings on them.

Yo Embus needs to go, like now.

I used to have mixed feelings, but as monk, randomly running into one is beyond stupid. Especially when I have to worry about my G-Fist missing or not, now I got Embus/Eremes/Executor in every colo...

Jeiwatch : Hahahaha....

Really, you don't need mixed feelings about this. Pets are destroying Raids, Colo, Grinding, and everything on his path.

I say let them stay!!! .....that is all

Sure. Keep focusing me on colo and i won't let you pass 1º round.

#56 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, I mean at first when people just used simple ones like Mermaid, I was fine with it.

Then comes these super duper Embus and Eremes and it's not even a contest anymore.

Pets must Die.

#57 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

1)Remove pets from colo = colo not broken by pets anymore

2) Disable pet crowd control effects working on bosses (make it non-boss monsters only like every other crowd control skill in this game) = no insane sorc dps and bosses do what they are supposed to do again = raids not broken

Pets are still extremely useful for adding dps to the raid, so no problem with "what are pets for if they don't stun the boss 100% of the time or give sorcs 100% 2x damage uptime"

Edited by elvenne, 15 September 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#58 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yes can we please get rid of these already? They should've been taken out BEFORE this colo event came. Now colo is such a chaotic slow laggy mess I can't even tell what's what. Every round it's almost the same thing: Mermaids and stunners released all in the middle, people get stunned and die. Pets are used to kill for you over and over. Boring. Colo is messed up as it is we don't need this stupid crap not only making things unfair and LAGGY. Imbus is a death sentence to meele characters, while they don't get stunned, they do get frozen in place and then you're stuck just standing around like an idiot to either hope someone kills you quickly or you hope that stuff wears off fast.

Pets in colo really shoots my blood pressure up like over 9000 and it doesn't become about skill it's about who has the best pet and CD. Well weeee~ But don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining because I can no longer do good anymore. I'm complaining because these pets are LAGGING my colos out. If it wasn't so laggy I'd be less rabid, but all this chaos just makes colo  more and more frustrating, especially when I adamantly refuse to use pets myself, but that's my own thing.

I don't mind them in raids so much. So you want to stun lock a boss to death? Good for you. You'll get all the best gears quickly and then get bored with the game quickly and you're gone. I'm here for a challenge. Always will be.

#59 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

So today I decided to simply afk colo on my monk since I wanted to be lazy this time around.  Just for kicks though, I released my level 4 poring into the middle right before the round started and ran.  About 20 seconds later, I had 3 kills. 0_o

I got 5 kills that round from doing absolutely nothing but spamming a level 4 poring.  Even without a mouse (read: lazily laying in bed with nothing but a trackpad that doesn't work at the same time as using the keyboard), I was able to make it to round 5 simply spamming a poring half the time.  I'm happy as a monk to actually be getting kills as easily as the DPS, but someone please explain to me how this is fair, or even skill based at all.  I remember when I would complain about being a monk in colo and how it was impossible, and then months later getting to the point where I get 1-3 kills a round and making round 4-5, because I practiced a ton (and lol prolly partly cuz of the colo gear I started getting), because in spite of colo being partly luck based and biased against certain classes, skill still used to heavily determine things pre-round 5.  This isn't skill though.  This is spamming a pet.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 15 September 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#60 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

So today I decided to simply afk colo on my monk since I wanted to be lazy this time around.  Just for kicks though, I released my level 4 poring into the middle right before the round started and ran.  About 20 seconds later, I had 3 kills. 0_o

I got 5 kills that round from doing absolutely nothing but spamming a level 4 poring.  Even without a mouse, I was able to make it to round 5 simply spamming a poring half the time.  I'm happy as a monk to actually be getting kills, but someone please explain to me how this is fair, or even skill based at all.  I remember when I would complain about being a monk in colo and how it was impossible, and then months later getting to the point where I get 1-3 kills a round and making round 4-5, because I practiced a ton (and lol prolly partly cuz of the colo gear I started getting), because in spite of colo being partly luck based and biased against certain classes, skill still used to heavily determine things pre-round 5.  This isn't skill though.  This is spamming a pet.

thats hilarious.-_- it, gonna farm me a level mermaid and see how much AoE DPS it does lol. (was gonna say level  Garbong, but that might be a bit hard hahaha)

#61 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

h43SugF.jpg

This -_- needs to stop. Today I experienced an entire final round of -_-blocking by a character with Eremes on a very short coolown. I don't know if he was premade with the person that champed but he never attacked that player and instead did his best to keep me and the other guys in the round perma-stunned with his knockdowns and Eremes. I actually got a shot of him summoning a second pet on me before his last one expired. How am I supposed to counter this?

Pets need to go.

This colo event really brings out all the shamelessness from people that can't win colo with skill.

Spamming pets, using cash shop buffs, chugging spinel pots, abusing sliding, warping behind walls/underground, making themselves invisible during combat, summoning pets and using guild skills from invis without breaking stealth, "Out of Range", "Cannot move to this location", all of these things plague every single colo I'm in and more often than not I will experience all of those situations and more.

I'm tired of the radio silence and I'm tired of the sweep it under the rug mentality. If anyone remembers when the attendance system was first introduced, Explorer Red Potion could be used in colo. That item was almost immediately disabled in colo, despite being free and widely available to everyone. This proves that they can disable kafra items and quite frankly they should, colo consumables should be restricted to crafted items and below. Unfortunately they aren't and probably never will be restricted because they make too much money off of people that can't advance rounds without dropping few bucks or a few hundred zenny a colo.

In colosseum players should not have abilities beyond what our class can provide.

Tanks should not fully heal from 300 HP without poring buff

Sorcs should not be able to out-DPS other classes while healing themselves in Earth Emblem

Sins and Rogues should not be able to fully kill a target without any retaliation because of a stunchain they couldn't accomplish on their own.

Rangers don't need extra roots or dots

Etc.

Colo now, and for a long time has been nothing but a bad joke and I sincerely hope WP and/or the Devs handle these issues immediately. However I know in my heart of hearts that they wont because nothing gets fixed, and if it does get "fixed" 20 more things will break because of it. It's one of the many reasons the friends I've made in this game have quit.

#62 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

iinm Zanbee mentioned on patch note before that pet won't be able to summoned no?... i wonder what happened....

or am i remembering it wrong?...

#63 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

iinm Zanbee mentioned on patch note before that pet won't be able to summoned no?... i wonder what happened....

or am i remembering it wrong?...

No, you remembered right, then after the patch hit and pets could be summoned, it was decided that "pets don't cause problems in colo, so we won't disable them"

whoops.

#64 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Get rid of pets FIRST. Then work on the rest.

Buffed people bother me much less than a pack of people wailing on you or those exploiting stuff by leech killing and so on. Fixing the queue is the next most important thing that needs to be addressed. We need to stop letting people "fix" colos without the rest of us having a chance. People that kafra buff are supporting the game so they aren't all THAT bad. Just strip everyone of party buffs when they enter and perhaps limit the number of buff items that can be used down to 2 or 3. This might make it more fair without eliminating the usage altogether.

I don't think it's a good idea for the game's money bank to stop all usage of kafra buffs because I have a feeling that's kinda where they make their most money. And not everyone is going to be doing good without items at all. I don't expect everyone to be great at pvp but that's all the more reason to give us more alternatives to BP and Victory medals already.

It'd be nice for colo to have different modes some day. Free for all (the way it is now), No items/pets, Team play (groups of 3 in a party vs other groups), and so on.

But now I'm quickly drifting off topic...

NO PETS!

#65 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

They support the game so it's ok? No thanks. They can take their pots to raids, as intended, or maybe WoE since it's a war. They don't belong in Colo.

Pets > dead on floor glitch > invis glitch > sliding and out of range > kafra buffs but considering actual bug fixes are non-existant disabling pets and then buffs the way to go. Then they can get to working on fixes.

#66 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

No, you remembered right, then after the patch hit and pets could be summoned, it was decided that "pets don't cause problems in colo, so we won't disable them"

whoops.

:o whaaaa... this is so... so... i don't even know where to begin.

*facepalm level = god level*

back in the day of the pet release on SEA, i was expecting Dev forsee the result from players-perspective; but no~~ it was dragged until they realize at some point based from the result

NA is... is...  :mellow: ...  it seems that the same mistake has been repeating itself?... what on earth is the Dev actually thinking i wonder...

#67 Lazy34

Lazy34

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNear a lake
  • Server:RO2's Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

It would be nice if only stat buff/debuff pets worked on players in Colosseum. CC and damage pets only attacking mosters and not players would be better than how things are now. Maybe then we would see the colo boss monsters get killed more often than killing us with their bs 20k crits.

#68 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Today i just changed my mind about. Pets in some way help you to "balance" the class unbalance on this game.

Ex:

1º Sorcs outhealing my dps with that emblem, i need to use full pump it up hard + agi  pots and boosts to "try" to kill that sorc. (Even with  full Tier2 accessories)

2º Same thing with Priests. I've been on last rounds with p2w Priests and it's way impossible without 200% damage buff.

For both cases i rather to use Eremes/Undead/BaphoJr/GiantDriller.

3ºRangers and their slow dots + speed skill + move attacking

No problem with melees, as some extraordinary p2w exceptions.

For those ones i use Embus.

And that's not all, we gotta get rid of the infamous premades, one by one, and there, pets do an awesome job, in my case and without them on Colo, it would be way more hard to advance on Colo's.

Last but not least, we, assassin's, lack of healing spells when we're surrounded by players or premades. There, Elder Assassin/Willow worker and Lapparman, do a great job to keep us alive.

So, looking at this scene, pet's aren't that broken and people should learn what pet to use in specific circumstances. Also, all the effort from players to get a 4 or 5 stars pets, obviously gotta get a reward from it, call it OP or whatever you may call it, but if someone got a 5 stars pet, then that person deserve to have some advantage against others. It's logic.

Now i have mixed feelings on colo like Meco. xD

Edit: Typo

Edited by Vau, 17 September 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#69 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

But what's to stop the Sorcerer or Priest from using Eremes/Embus in turn against you and putting the balance right back where it was before pets?

#70 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Embus and Eremes and well, pets in general are not that simple to use, having one of them or both don't assure you to win Colosseum, that's a fact. Summoning for example an Eremes and you want to kill the 1º place on a final round and that guy is full speed elixirs and stuff is not that like Eremes will smart and haste himself to reach the target you want to kill, you gotta chain stun it to make it a successfully kill.

What i've been saying is specifically to Final rounds, i've been facing every kind of pets and still used to win in disadvantage. As you said, Yeah, they may use Eremes/Embus on me too, that's fair and it's my turn to think what to do in that case, i won't tell you what to do of course, each player got his ways to KS/summon pets or even get poring buffs, that's what i like from Colo, that is all random as exception for p2w items.

You may face a final round full of Embus and that doesn't assure any player the champ.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Vau, 17 September 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#71 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Pets shouldn't be in colo period.

Nobody should have access to stuns/heals/roots/knockdowns/silences etc if it is not a part of their classes skill tree.

Don't be delusional, there is no skill involved in using pets during different situations. Either you're a ranged dps with OP pets or your a Melee with OP pets. Certain pets take a lot of danger and risk out of engaging certain classes and it completely skews the balance the colo tries to put fort.

If you can't win with whatever build you can make with your class then you simply aren't skilled enough and lack luck. Colo does not need another unchecked chaotic factor giving wins to already heavily favored classes.

#72 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Pets should never have been enabled in dungeon or colo or any serious content. If pets were actually pets, something that you kept and raised and fed instead of relied on for doing game breaking things, we'd have a much more enjoyable experience. Instead of making them a huge part of combat, the devs should return them to being more of an aesthetic achievement sort of system. I don't care if they help me out in combat at all, I just want to hold my cute Wild Rose for an indefinite amount of time(20 seconds sucks, even if i can spam it) and keep him safe! Instead of screwing up an already flawed class role/combat system even more with these kinds of pets, I don't understand why they don't focus on solving their current bugs that have existed since official release in Korea over a year ago. I wonder if they have ever considered using an Agile software development process. Our primary concerns might have a better chance of getting addressed in a timely manner if they were.

Edited by Sacriel, 17 September 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#73 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't want to take everybody against me, i really accept every opinion and all criticism but if you ask me to put in a balance what's worst :

Premades or Pets, i would say Premades.

OP pets cost money, effort, weeks of farming for some people.

Premades cost NOTHING but a few bunch of players.

Just my thoughts.

#74 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Pets are, for the most part, p2w. Most of the people spamming them certainly did not farm most of their pets.

There is no effort when it comes to spamming pets in colo either.

Premades do require some degree of player skill (before pets) and coordination.

Hell if it weren't for the colo event and pet stunting, there wouldn't be much premading going on right now.

No amount of crappy premade scrubs are as frustrating as being rooted by an embus for 2 minutes of the final round.

#75 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Today i just changed my mind about. Pets in some way help you to "balance" the class unbalance on this game.

Ex:

1º Sorcs outhealing my dps with that emblem, i need to use full pump it up hard + agi  pots and boosts to "try" to kill that sorc. (Even with  full Tier2 accessories)

2º Same thing with Priests. I've been on last rounds with p2w Priests and it's way impossible without 200% damage buff.

For both cases i rather to use Eremes/Undead/BaphoJr/GiantDriller.

3ºRangers and their slow dots + speed skill + move attacking

No problem with melees, as some extraordinary p2w exceptions.

For those ones i use Embus.

And that's not all, we gotta get rid of the infamous premades, one by one, and there, pets do an awesome job, in my case and without them on Colo, it would be way more hard to advance on Colo's.

Last but not least, we, assassin's, lack of healing spells when we're surrounded by players or premades. There, Elder Assassin/Willow worker and Lapparman, do a great job to keep us alive.

So, looking at this scene, pet's aren't that broken and people should learn what pet to use in specific circumstances. Also, all the effort from players to get a 4 or 5 stars pets, obviously gotta get a reward from it, call it OP or whatever you may call it, but if someone got a 5 stars pet, then that person deserve to have some advantage against others. It's logic.

Now i have mixed feelings on colo like Meco. xD

Edit: Typo

You wont outheal a sorc whos using embus + wind spells even with an Elder Assassin, you will be perma rooted and shredded to bits. Also it's not just about situations you can control it's more about situations you cannot. Pets in colo do so much backlash to everyone around them any PvP balance is thrown out the window. You can constantly get dotted with pet AoE + snare or stunned by a slew of random pets which turn the game in a chance based cluster-_-.

With that said you are biased, i know you are. Designated DPS classes die, you dont mind dying really in situations you cant control you welcome the choas for higher chances to KS. Pets further favor DPS classes by lowering everyones HP so burst classes can get more kills in. Ive noticed getting more kills is a higher requirement to advance in Colo now instead of a more calculated assement of who and what class to kill.

All tanks BM,War, Knight, Monk have trouble tanking(pet DoT chips until the tank dies) and the kills they do get arent worth a -_- anymore due to the higher kill requirement because of pets. To boot tank classes are all melee without good burst KS moves and constantly suffer heavily from root and slow effects.

The few spammy DPS classes get buffed with pets. Assassin, Sorcerer and Ranger. The sheer amount of possible KS kills these classes are granted due to pets offsets the danger of being accidently effected by a random pet. I constantly see less calulated killer like Priests advance and more random sorcs due to embus.

Colo class top 3 power ranking:

Without pets             With Pets

1. Priest                   1. Sorcerer

2. Sorcerer              2. Ranger

3. Ranger                3. Assassin

4. Warrior                4. Priest

5. Knight                  5. Warrior

6. Assassin              6. Wizard

7. Wizard                 7. Knight

8. Monk                   8. Rogue

9. Rogue                 9. Monk

10. BM                    10. BM

Yeah i made top 10s for funsies but still i wonder which class jumped in rank!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users