9/4 Update error - Reinstall your merc/homun AI to fix. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

9/4 Update error - Reinstall your merc/homun AI to fix.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Today's update broke custom merc/homun AI by overwriting key files in USER_AI, resulting in an error referring to GetItems() (the AI they overwrote the custom AI with looks like it had the ability to pick up items - which is of course not supported by the client, resulting in errors we see). 

Reinstall your merc/homun AI to resolve the AI errors. I have tested AzzyAI 1.50 and 1.51 with the new client and basic functionality looks okay. 

Update:

For either of these errors (this indicates the  default AI is a pre-9/4 version):

AI.lua error

./AI/AI_M.lua:2:module'./AI/Const.lua Not found
no field package.preload['./AI/Const.lua']
no file '.\\/AIConst\lua.lua'
(snip)

AI.lua error

./AI/AI.lua:2:module'./AI/Const.lua Not found
no field package.preload['./AI/Const.lua']
no file '.\\/AIConst\lua.lua'
(snip)

Download and install either:

Default AI - http://drazzy.com/ai...-4DefaultAI.zip

Default AI + AzzyAI 1.53 preinstalled http://drazzy.com/ai... AzzyAI_153.zip

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 January 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Is this in the custom AI folder or the basic AI folder?

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

As far as I can tell, this only effects the custom AI at this point. 

I was able to use the default AI without changing anything. 

#4 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

I am out of town at the moment, can I make a copy of my custom AI folder and just replace it back after the patch? I will have to do this when I get back home.

Edited by Trixdee, 04 September 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I am out of town at the moment, can I make a copy of my custom AI folder and just replace it back after the patch? I will have to do this when I get back home.

ya. 

#6 Jaliboy

Jaliboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Silent Breeze wasn't working during woe. How may I fix this?

#7 sug4r

sug4r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:and Rose Online

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

fix this please, i cant use the custom AI of Azzy, i tried to reinstall, but it didn't work

#8 iliexe

iliexe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yes, I have the same problem. When I put the files of AzzyAI folder into USER_AI, an error appears. When I copy AI.lua from AI folder of RO to USER_AI that fix the error, but I can`t set the homun. I need to download AzzyAI again? My version its 1.41. Working great until last maintance.

---------------------------------

Nothing to say. I downloaded the last version and works great!! Thanks Azzy ^^

Edited by iliexe, 05 September 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#9 SKrnPride

SKrnPride

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I re installed Azzy 1.5 and it still is giving me the error help please.

Nvm fixed

Edited by SKrnPride, 05 September 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#10 kenneth91

kenneth91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

hi hi,, drazzy, could you  plz, help me to solve my problem, at post ' patch unsuccesfully', thankz

#11 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Mine just didn't want to do aoe attacks, ,didn't have anything else wrong with it.  I Did notice that the one file showed that it didnt install correctly so I re-installed it and now it works just fine.

#12 gon404

gon404

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

putang ina sira naman

#13 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

made some people dizzy with homun/merc ai lol

#14 TeddiePnutButter

TeddiePnutButter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Azzy today I installed 1.50 I'll briefly just walk you through what I did so maybe u can help me find what i'm doing wrong.  I extracted the zip and then dragged the 1.50 folder into my AI user folder.  Then I got an error message saying something like "attempt to call global (a nil value) and my screen is dimmmed and i cant move aka i cant play the game anymore.  Please help!

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

Azzy today I installed 1.50 I'll briefly just walk you through what I did so maybe u can help me find what i'm doing wrong.  I extracted the zip and then dragged the 1.50 folder into my AI user folder.  Then I got an error message saying something like "attempt to call global (a nil value) and my screen is dimmmed and i cant move aka i cant play the game anymore.  Please help!

You are installing AzzyAI wrong.

See http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.shtml - I say in every place that I can think of that you can't just drag the AzzyAI folder into USER_AI - you need to drag ALL THE FILES IN the AzzyAI folder (including the 'data' folder) into USER_AI - the files need to go into USER_AI, they can't go in a folder inside USER_AI. 

If you continue to have problems, please post the exact text of any and all errors you receive. In the case of AI errors, the error tells me exactly what is wrong and how to fix it, but I need to know the error messages.

#16 TeddiePnutButter

TeddiePnutButter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

ok thanks im gonna try again after maintenance.  Im assuming its maintenance thats keeping me offline 

#17 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

That maint screwed up my AI. i was using Azzy 1.41 worked just fine before that maint. I tried reinstalling an updated AI 1.51 which didn't fixed the problem. I solved the issues by installing my friends AI folder but now only Homun AI works fine but i can't seem to get the Merc AI to work no matter me changing the settings. Some help please?  :p_swt:

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

That maint screwed up my AI. i was using Azzy 1.41 worked just fine before that maint. I tried reinstalling an updated AI 1.51 which didn't fixed the problem. I solved the issues by installing my friends AI folder but now only Homun AI works fine but i can't seem to get the Merc AI to work no matter me changing the settings. Some help please?  :p_swt:

1.50 and later (latest is 1.52) are fully compatible with the latest client.

1.41 is a years old version and does not support clients running Lua 5.1, which iRO Renewal uses since the 9/4 update.

You did not install 1.51 correctly. 

Download and extract latest AzzyAI, and copy the files from the AzzyAI folder (NOT THE AZZYAI FOLDER ITSELF - the game looks in USER_AI, not folders inside USER_AI) into USER_AI. Replace all files. 

That should work, for both merc and homun. Make sure to do /hoai and /merai until both are customized. 

#19 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

1.50 and later (latest is 1.52) are fully compatible with the latest client.

1.41 is a years old version and does not support clients running Lua 5.1, which iRO Renewal uses since the 9/4 update.

You did not install 1.51 correctly. 

Download and extract latest AzzyAI, and copy the files from the AzzyAI folder (NOT THE AZZYAI FOLDER ITSELF - the game looks in USER_AI, not folders inside USER_AI) into USER_AI. Replace all files. 

That should work, for both merc and homun. Make sure to do /hoai and /merai until both are customized. 

I did install the latest Azzy correctly and like i said that didn't fix the error problem. I had to delete the whole AI folder and use my friend's AzzyAI 1.51. The errors are gone, homunculus works just fine with it, but any configs i do to mercenary just doesn't work. In game mercenary don't attack or buff.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

I did install the latest Azzy correctly and like i said that didn't fix the error problem. I had to delete the whole AI folder and use my friend's AzzyAI 1.51. The errors are gone, homunculus works just fine with it, but any configs i do to mercenary just doesn't work. In game mercenary don't attack or buff.

1.51 does not error if correctly installed. If it errors, it is not installed correctly or at all. If you were getting the same error as before, the game was not seeing the newly installed AI at all (because it wasn't installed correctly!) 

It may be that windows was interfering via UAC - per documentation and faq ( http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.shtml ), if RO is in program files and you're running Windows Vista/7/8, and UAC is enabled, AzzyAI is not supported because this doesn't always work.

Sometimes it can be made to work with tricks like deleting the folder and reinstalling, sometimes it can't. And of course the majority of users never have any problems in the first place. The only solution which works consistently is to either disable UAC (not recommended if you don't know what you're doing) or moving the RO folder outside of program folders, then deleting USER_AI, making a new folder called USER_AI in it's place, and reinstalling the AI. I've given up trying to understand UAC - every site says something different about how it works, and microsoft's documentation implies that nobody would ever be able to install an AI on a system with UAC - and yet, most people can. It's just an awful system, particularly because there's no way to even see if it's getting involved without making a really big deal of it. 

I can provide no support for a folder provided from another user. I only provide support for installations from the AzzyAI downloads available from my official website. 

Reinstall with latest AzzyAI (1.52). 

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#21 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

1.51 does not error if correctly installed. If it errors, it is not installed correctly or at all. If you were getting the same error as before, the game was not seeing the newly installed AI at all (because it wasn't installed correctly!) 

It may be that windows was interfering via UAC - per documentation and faq ( http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.shtml ), if RO is in program files and you're running Windows Vista/7/8, and UAC is enabled, AzzyAI is not supported because this doesn't always work.

Sometimes it can be made to work with tricks like deleting the folder and reinstalling, sometimes it can't. And of course the majority of users never have any problems in the first place. The only solution which works consistently is to either disable UAC (not recommended if you don't know what you're doing) or moving the RO folder outside of program folders, then deleting USER_AI, making a new folder called USER_AI in it's place, and reinstalling the AI. I've given up trying to understand UAC - every site says something different about how it works, and microsoft's documentation implies that nobody would ever be able to install an AI on a system with UAC - and yet, most people can. It's just an awful system, particularly because there's no way to even see if it's getting involved without making a really big deal of it. 

I can provide no support for a folder provided from another user. I only provide support for installations from the AzzyAI downloads available from my official website. 

Reinstall with latest AzzyAI (1.52). 

yea not gonna touch UAC thing(have no clue bout it) XD I'll try moving it and seeing if it works

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Move RO folder -> Delete USER_AI -> Make new USER_AI folder -> Put AI files in there. 

#23 Liskalim

Liskalim

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

i just installed the AZZY 1.51 and now i get this message

/AI/User_AI/AI.lua:module'./AI/USER_AI?Const_.lua'not found:

no field package.proload['.?AI/User_AI/Const_.lua']

no file '.\\/AI/USER_AI/Const_/lua.lua'

no file 'c:\Users\laura lim\Saved games\online games\Ragnarok Online\lua\\/AI/USER_AI/const_\lua.

no file 'c:\USERS\laura lim\Saved games\online games\Ragnarok Online\lua\\/AI/USERS_AI/const_\lua\init.lua'

no file '.\\/AI/USER_AI/const_\lua.lua

no file 'C:\Users\laura lim\Saved Games\online games\Ragnarok Online\\\/AI/USER_AI/Const_lua.dll'

No file'C\Users\laura lim\Saved Games\Online games\Ragnarok Online\\/AI/USERS_AI/const_\lua.dll'

no file'c User\laura lim\Saved Games\Online games\Ragnarok Online\loadall.dll'

no file '.\.dll'

no file'c:\Users\laura lim\Saved Games\Online games\Ragnarok Online\.dll'

No file'c\Users\laura lim\Saved games\online games\Ragnarok Online\loadall.dll'

how do i fix this. 

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

i just installed the AZZY 1.51 and now i get this message

/AI/User_AI/AI.lua:module'./AI/USER_AI?Const_.lua'not found:

no field package.proload['.?AI/User_AI/Const_.lua']

no file '.\\/AI/USER_AI/Const_/lua.lua'

no file 'c:\Users\laura lim\Saved games\online games\Ragnarok Online\lua\\/AI/USER_AI/const_\lua.

no file 'c:\USERS\laura lim\Saved games\online games\Ragnarok Online\lua\\/AI/USERS_AI/const_\lua\init.lua'

no file '.\\/AI/USER_AI/const_\lua.lua

no file 'C:\Users\laura lim\Saved Games\online games\Ragnarok Online\\\/AI/USER_AI/Const_lua.dll'

No file'C\Users\laura lim\Saved Games\Online games\Ragnarok Online\\/AI/USERS_AI/const_\lua.dll'

no file'c User\laura lim\Saved Games\Online games\Ragnarok Online\loadall.dll'

no file '.\.dll'

no file'c:\Users\laura lim\Saved Games\Online games\Ragnarok Online\.dll'

No file'c\Users\laura lim\Saved games\online games\Ragnarok Online\loadall.dll'

how do i fix this. 

You're not installing 1.51 correctly - that's an error from a 1.41 AI.lua trying to load it's files using the old method that doesn't work anymore 

That's an error produced from a require statement, and I replaced all of those with dofile() in 1.50 and later because they cause the error message shown above when used on clients with Lua 1.51.

So either you're not installing it correctly (see http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.shtml ), or UAC is blocking the installation like I said above - this can happen if you have RO installed in program files on Vista/7/8 with UAC enabled. If that applies to you and you've checked that you installed it correctly, follow the same instructions I gave them. 

#25 AtmaDarkwolf

AtmaDarkwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

No offense Azzy, but could u possibly point me to an alternative AI i can use other than yours? I tried to 'update' it this morning, and all the issues I posted in previous posts i made have gotten just that much worse. If at any time theres moer than 1 mob on screen, my homun is attacking, if i log in and a mob is onscreen, etc (IE: ANYTHING you want to do in game?) the result is 10 (At least) seconds between a 'click' and that action taken, and I just cannot play. (Put homun away, INSTANT FIX)

The basic AI, due to installing your latest version is borked and I had to reinstall RO completely to fix that issue.

unfortunately, mir ai is just totally outdated and nothing I can do will get it to work, as is rampage ai. At this time seems yours is the only working AI (Even counting basic lol)

So any possibility for you to suggest a diff ai other than yours? Or maybe again, help me help you figure out what the issue is. (Seems you kinda just stopped trying to help in my thread so i assume you are stumped and / or don't want to bother with it since its 'only one user' - oh well I can live with that, but I DO want a working AI. PLEASE, i just simply cannot play like this.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users