Tsukasa's In-Depth Crecentia Guide [Updated 9/18/13] - Page 4 - Alter - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tsukasa's In-Depth Crecentia Guide [Updated 9/18/13]

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#76 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Melees are easy targets to make stacks on and «Earth Worm» clearly slows your foe long enough to reach it, and full stack for a full-powered «Tempest» without forgetting that «Awakening Darkness» would add up another 30% damange to that and also gives faster movility (until you die that is).

About «Stigma Mastery», I wouldn't bet on it, actually I wouldn't bet on crits at all as a Crescentia, that is because in Colo we get about 1% Crit, if not less, can't remember right now, but its punny... for not saying lame.

HOWEVER!! (there is always a however in my explanations ¬___¬)

Many Skills in the Crescentia tree lack a proper explanation of their actual effect, so «Stigma Mastery» might, just MIGHT give a wooping bonus of 5% PER stigma stack, hence a 25% crit chance on a full stacked target... we'll need to experiment...

#77 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Well... yea, thanks Lanie... thats what I've been trying to confirm all this time >___>

And just did it... its true, «Land of Darkness» does increase in damange per stigma stack, which means that at lvl 5 with 5 stigma stacks and «Curse Mastery» is a wooping 50% per tic, sadly it misses 2/3s of the time and stigma lasts no more than 3 seconds and you can't sustain it since at the 5 stacks they will dissapear regardless of you spam «Diem Wind» 5/5 or not.

Urthemiel, you can spam «Gram Gush» while «Land of Darkness» is active to maximize both skills' damange in conjuction, add a maxed «Curse Mastery» and «Land of Darkness» will beat «Curse Burst» by a 15% damange even at 5/5...

As I said, Crescentia has a ton of good skills, but you can't have everything .___.

Quick correction then too, while I'm at it.  Stigma lasts for 5s after it has been set.  Notice that if you do not rush it to a stack of 5 you can sustain it fairly well.
This has been evaluated using curse burst, which can fire once ever 1s.  You can, once the 1s animation for Diem Wind ends, fire Curse Burst 4 times with full 5 stigma.  Another thing you can do, after Diem WInd, is 1 Stigma Thread (1s spent using), then fire 4 Curse Bursts at the target.  The fourth Curse Burst will hit with 0 stigma on that target, but all nearby targets will take full damage from the fourth stigma.  You can also, to sustain on one target, set 4 stigmas, use 3 curse bursts, then 1 diem wind, and you can use another 4 curse bursts at 5 stigma.  Some of these concepts needs clear evaluation in how it might be usable effectively though, and the same mentality can cover ideas applicable for Land of Darkness.

Is Stigma Mastery worth it?

It's 3 points, and it may be useful, assuming it actually does the increase on just one Stigma point.

One Diem Wind and then Tempest sounds simple enough in Colo for a higher chance to Crit, but Tempest is best with 5 Stigma points, and that may be hard in places like Colo. Even if I get 5 Stigma points on a person, the duration of those points is short. If they begin to run, I might not be able to use Tempest on them before the Stigma points expire.

So, is the 5% higher chance to Crit worth it?

The crit bonus is only usable if you depend on the stigma skill branch.  Notice that for the bonus you really only need one stigma on an enemy at all (this gives you the same crit buff as you will find assassins buffing themselves with).  As with the previous, if you gradually raise stigma on your enemy, you can sustain stigma for a long time, and if it does ever wear off it just takes a single Diem WInd/Bram Gush to restart the crit bonus.

However, Colo places it's own expectations, but hopefully you plan to do more with your skills than just Colo.  Death Grip is totally useless in Colo, and yet it's great in a team (really need that 50% bonus for 5 allies).

Melees are easy targets to make stacks on and «Earth Worm» clearly slows your foe long enough to reach it, and full stack for a full-powered «Tempest» without forgetting that «Awakening Darkness» would add up another 30% damange to that and also gives faster movility (until you die that is).

About «Stigma Mastery», I wouldn't bet on it, actually I wouldn't bet on crits at all as a Crescentia, that is because in Colo we get about 1% Crit, if not less, can't remember right now, but its punny... for not saying lame.

HOWEVER!! (there is always a however in my explanations ¬___¬)

Many Skills in the Crescentia tree lack a proper explanation of their actual effect, so «Stigma Mastery» might, just MIGHT give a wooping bonus of 5% PER stigma stack, hence a 25% crit chance on a full stacked target... we'll need to experiment...

If your crit rate normally is 5%, your crit rate with 1 stigma is 10%, and with 5 stigma is 10%. This has been abundantly tested personally.

Edited by Lanie, 26 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#78 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

The crit bonus is only usable if you depend on the stigma skill branch.  Notice that for the bonus you really only need one stigma on an enemy at all (this gives you the same crit buff as you will find assassins buffing themselves with).  As with the previous, if you gradually raise stigma on your enemy, you can sustain stigma for a long time, and if it does ever wear off it just takes a single Diem WInd/Bram Gush to restart the crit bonus.

However, Colo places it's own expectations, but hopefully you plan to do more with your skills than just Colo.  Death Grip is totally useless in Colo, and yet it's great in a team (really need that 50% bonus for 5 allies).

Yeah, I noticed it only needed 1 Stigma to work.

Not really sure why you think Death Grip is useless (well, unless you're referring to the cast time of it), considering the damage, and being able to be used every 10 seconds. However, with our Magic Power currently still being less than our Attack Power (mine was 2600 Attack Power, 1700 Magic Power in Colo), it is a problem.

Also, yes, I plan to do more with my skills besides just for Colo. I normally go for a balance of PVP and PVM with my characters to try to get the best results out of both.

#79 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

@Lanie:

Yup, I've used it like that, scaling stack by stack, so it can go for a very long time, however (stupid word, why do I love you so much?) most I can do after 1 «Diem Wind» is 2 «Curse Burst» and then gotta do another «Diem Wind» or the Stigma will go away... same for «Land of Darkness», right after casting it I have to restart the Stigma timer or it'll be lost, since «Land of Darkness cast time is 2 seconds...

Handling both DoT and Stigma seems like a ton of a hassle, but should do just about as much damange O____o;;

Sadly, Stima mastery only gives a flat 5% regardless of how many Stigmas are on target >____>!!

@Sora:

I think I agree with Lanie about «Death Grip» not being of much use in colo, not because of the casting time, cooldown or damange power, but because it can't be used outside of «Awakening Darkness» mode. This other skill has a wooping cooldown of 10 minutes which will not refresh if you die and dying is a common ocurrance in colo. So once you are dead after casting «Awakening Darkness» you'll be locked out of both the Awakening and «Death Grip» skills for about 8 minutes (considering the Vigor).

Anyhow, if you can keep yourself alive for a fair amount of time, using it might be of great help. Beaware however that Noels are a common snack in colo right now since they are still fairly new and many players aren't acostumed to their skills (I include myself on this) so they can't defend themselves pretty well... sooo they'll come for you O___o;;;

Edited by Leinzan, 27 September 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#80 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

@Sora:

I think I agree with Lanie about «Death Grip» not being of much use in colo, not because of the casting time, cooldown or damange power, but because it can't be used outside of «Awakening Darkness» mode. This other skill has a wooping cooldown of 10 minutes which will not refresh if you die and dying is a common ocurrance in colo. So once you are dead after casting «Awakening Darkness» you'll be locked out of both the Awakening and «Death Grip» skills for about 8 minutes (considering the Vigor).

Anyhow, if you can keep yourself alive for a fair amount of time, using it might be of great help. Beaware however that Noels are a common snack in colo right now since they are still fairly new and many players aren't acostumed to their skills (I include myself on this) so they can't defend themselves pretty well... sooo they'll come for you O___o;;;

I managed to kill 8 people yesterday because they were stupid enough to come at me with half-health, including a Priest. I even managed to kill 2 Priests that had full HP (but one was AFK). I only got lucky on the one that wasn't AFK, though, because someone killed me from behind, but my DOTs still got the kill. Same thing happened on a Warrior that came after me with less than full HP. He managed to kill me, but I still killed him with my DOTs right after dying. Managed to finally make it to round 4. :p_laugh: Hopefully, when I actually get to level 50, reaching round 4 (and maybe 5) will be easier to do.

At any rate, I died maybe a total of 12 times (two of which were to RSX being summoned) between all of that, most of those deaths being in round 1 (for some reason, I experienced super lag for about 30 seconds, and could barely even move).

Death Grip has its use only when you can get away to use Awake: Darkness. Personally, I'm still wishing they'd extend the Duration to twice as much, or half the cool-down. Regardless, if you can use it (especially in the final round) it could get you a kill, especially with the movement speed boost, and the damage boost. Running + DOTs, and if someone uses a Wind Elixir + Guardian, well, you can use them, too. :p_laugh:

Fun tidbit: a Monk tried killing me. They used 2 Asuras, and I still had 6,000 HP. It's highly depressing how nerfed that skill is. A Warrior took that kill from me, though. :p_sad: But I got him back! :p_devil:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 27 September 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#81 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Heh nice, I still need to figure out how to fight with mine, so haven't really used «Awake: Darkness» (hell I even forget that at PvE)

But I bet its a lot of fun XP

#82 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Your main DPS is dots, not melee, so stack int. Don't stack agi, our gear doesn't have agi, don't try to force agi and lose 300-500 spellpower because you want to crit 3% more of the time.

Melee DPS is only viable because we're forced into it, the only strong hitter is tempest, but that's a 52 second CD with vigor and 32 seconds with guardian

Diem Wind is not reliable, but only skill available, dont bother stacking strength, stack int instead, only thing it's good for is stacking stigmata for increased damage for your tempest, but you need 5/5 cause it's your only spammable skill for dps and the 100% chance for stigmata is pretty helpful for tempest. 5 stacks = tempest 125% rather than 100% unless you go into stigmata mastery, but why would you waste 3 points for 5% crit on NORMAL hits? (and rumor has it increases dmg for the raid by some percentage, dunno how much of that is real, but meh)

I've tested the damage between 5/5 Illusion blade and 5/5 Diem Wind, Diem wind is better dps.

Curse reinforce is a FLAT addition, not scaling, so it's not 15% of Crucio's 28% and 14%, it's 15% added towards the 28% and 14%, so it's actually, 43%, and 29% for Crucio

uhhhh Evanesco only reflects solid damage, not damage over time, dont bother getting it cause 10% of nothing is nothing because, it's hitting your tank obviously, so loss of dps there.

Touching on some points that I find either incorrect or differing from my preferences.

Crecentia is more of a Hybrid between Melee/Ranged than one or the other.  There are many areas where it has inherent duality, like in its' ability to use Physical/Magic Atk, ability to do burst/sustain DPS, ability to do AoE/single target DPS, having skills with specific functions for either PVP/PVE, and also filling DPS/Support roles.  The best way to look at Crecentia is that this class has an inordinate amount of variance, so it's about finding the right balance based greatly on personal playstyle preferences & intended environment (PVP/PVE or both) that should define what skills you prioritize.  Comparing to other classes, it kinda feels like a fusion between elements of both Rogue and Wiz.

Melee skills provide sustained and burst in: Diem Wind/Contingency/Normal Auto-attacking (sustained) and Illusion Blade/Tempest (burst).

Range skills also provide sustained and burst in: Crucio/Furnunculus (sustained) and Curse Burst/Death Grip (burst).  AoE is only on ranged skills that use matk.

Magic Atk is more dominant than Physical Atk.  If considering actively using all the above skills except Death Grip, it's something like a 5:9 ratio for total dmg being dealt between physical : magical.  Death Grip in the equation tips it to matk a fair deal.

Illusion Blade vs Diem Wind, there's no reason to compare them in terms of DPS  A better comparison I found is the fact that both have equal cast delays.  Thus, Illusion Blade's reason to be maxed is for increasing both burst/sustained DPS by changing a skill rotation from 5 Diem Winds to 1 Illusion Blade + 3 Diem Winds, effectively reducing time until being able to max-stack Tempest/Curse Burst.  Curse burst is hard to ignore after learning how Stigma & Stigma Thread work, all the more for anyone who stacked Int because it uses matk.  As a skill, it has the versatility to be both single-target and AoE, and acts a source of sustainable burst dmg.  The problem I'm finding is the best timing for refreshing Crucio around cycles of building/using Stigma.  Refreshing it both early and late is a waste of its' max potential, while greatly conflicts with the theory of using Curse Burst at 3-4 Stigma stacks.  ATM, in single-target situations, I just go straight to 5 Stigma, Curse Burst/Tempest, then refresh Crucio afterwards.

Curse Reinforce does not add its' % as Mehaperson stated.  Although Gravity are grossly incompetent with class design, I didn't believe they'd make it that OP, so I tested it myself and found the values of my DoTs clearly did not gain more than double the dmg if Curse Reinforce added 15% per tick rather than in total.  The increase is x*(1+y) where x is the base value of the three affected DoTs, and y is the number % value of Curse Reinforce.  I forgot to check if it affects the initial nuke dmg of Crucio, but assuming it does, the maxed values of Curse Reinforce and the three affected DoTs would be:

Crucio = 32.2% dmg, with 16.1% DoT.  Furnunculus = 17.25% DoT base value (goes up to 20.7% DoT on the last 3 ticks).  LoD = 40.25% per hit on maxed Stigma.

Total dmg of each running their full durations:

Crucio = 112.7% dmg, Furnunculus = 285.66% dmg, (removed LoD because after testing it has some specific considerations).

Evanesco I agree in its' lack of value.  Raids are the only setting where high enough dmg occurs to make this a valuable addition to DPS, and i'm not certain if or how Evanesco affects AoEs,  If it only affects single-target skills & normal auto-attacks used by the afflicted, most Bosses/mobs seem to attack slower than every 2 seconds (maybe 2.5-2.6 at the lowest), so the rate of ticks is also worse than normal DoTs.

*LoD - when someone stated it as sustained, it was odd wording that made me think it was a channeling skill.  Basically, LoD works exactly the same as LoR except dealing damage to enemies, with ticks similarly affected by crit/block/dodge.  Also similar to LoR is its' targeting system (which is stupid).  If used while targeting an enemy, it self-casts under you.  It can be cast on other players/party members the same as LoR.

The more important thing I learned after testing was how it works with Stigma.  Bonus dmg from Stigma stacks is calculated independently for each tick of LoD.  Assuming LoD is lvl 5, a simple example is that you apply LoD right after reaching 5 stacks Stigma and then wait to see what happens. The first two ticks (1 tick per 2sec) will gain +25% dmg from the 5 Stigma, and then after Stigma expires, the other three ticks of LoD will gain 0% dmg from 0 Stigma.

If I were theoretically focusing on LoD in order to maximize it's dmg on a single target, I'd do the following:

build 2 Stigma > LoD > Diem Wind, 1st tick hits at 3 Stigma > Diem Wind > 3-4s filler time (e.g. Crucio + 1 Curse Burst, or 3 Curse Burst), 2nd & 3rd ticks hit at 4 Stigma > Diem Wind > 5s filler time (Curse Burst x4), 4th & 5th ticks hit at 5 Stigma.  With maxed LoD, the total dmg it does on that single target is going to be 155%. 

However, I think it's better to just use LoD and build up to 5 Stigma which usually takes only 4-5s, so LoD is definitely going to tick at 5 Stigma twice anyways, just the other 3 ticks might be at 2 Stigma, 4 Stigma and 0 Stigma, a difference of 25% dmg while allowing for much more efficient use of Crucio.

Edited by Ayakaya, 02 October 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#83 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

My bad about «Land of Darkness»

While duoing dungeons I noticed this skill is seriously lovely, specially if you are some crazy idiot who loves to mob stuffs :V

LoD ticks per second, altho its chances to miss even to a target 25 levels below you are 50/50, having it high level and getting some stigmas on the oponent then using «Stigma Thread» really makes it shine even more.

Altho mobbing is not something many do, allow me to tell you that if you find a Soulmaker companion it is very fun >=D!

edit: retested it again, its every 2 seconds XD!!

still at lvl 5 its a 50% damange per succesful tic with 5 stigmas O___o;

if it were not for the ridiculous 50/50 chance to miss...

Edited by Leinzan, 02 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#84 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

LoD ticks per second,

Just tested it and it's every 2 seconds, but the rate that it misses does seem abnormally high.

#85 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

hmm, weird enough, I do a ton of stuffs but I pretty much feel it ticks per second D:!

damn this skill is missleading and not being at home to test out properly is annoying!

#86 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

Still stupefied as to why LoD has such a -_-ty hit rate.  On the contrary, something I noticed is that Raw Tilt and Furnunculus have never missed (I don't use Blindness, but I'm guessing it's the same).  Makes me think there might be some segregated system regarding some of Noels' skills' hit rates/mechanics.

About Stigma Mastery, I'm confident it doesn't give 5% crit per stigma stack for a total 25% crit.  After maxing it, I didn't notice any substantial difference in my crit rate on either auto-attacks or active skills when at 5 stacks stigma.  Even if there is a difference, it's way too unnoticeable.

A concern about Contingency: it's definitely a decent skill, but it's made for 1v1 sustained DPS, or boss fights.  Due to the 20s CD, it relies heavily on sufficient hit rate to make sure it's not a complete waste half the time (losing 5 stacks right after reaching them due to unlucky miss), which means full CoA/AoD sets and/or Pump it Ups become necessary in order to accurately hit on the bosses it's made for, especially all the level-cap-exceeding raid mobs+bosses, or those that have dodge self-buffs/accuracy debuffs.

#87 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it in this thread yet, but Blindness helped my guild's raid party complete PVE N pretty smoothly yesterday (Only my Warrior and a fellow guildie Monk were in full Colo gears, while the rest were Bapho and PVE geared.) without the use of Cash Shop items an Spinels the legit way by tanking the entire mob without having to bug pull them one by one. It's a good utility skill for decreasing a large portion of the damage your tanks and the raid are receiving. Since the cooldown is low compared to its overall duration, you can keep them tagged on 2 or 3 different targets at a time. Even more effective when stacked on top of other defensive buffs like Shield Fortress.

Blindness is an amazing safety net skill and I highly recommend maxing it.

Edited by GuardianTK, 06 October 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#88 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

@GuardianTK:

Never doubted that skill potential :/

I just reached my Cres to lvl 50 and I've planned his Skill Build for HOURS!! passing through about 10 Skill Builds I sorta liked because they have a ton of useful skills >___>!!!

In none of those, «Blindness» was anything but maxed.

Its a skill to play on the defensive when an AoE is coming or when the damange being received is more heavily important than the damange being dealt.

@Ayakaya:

Yup, «Land of Darkness» is a great RIPOFF!

don't even bother casting it, it will do nothing but mess up with your skill rotations... specially during «Awakening: Darkness» where you'll have one more powerful skill to squeeze the max potential from.

«Land of Darkness» for one can't be casted on the targetted oponent, the damange dealt from it at lvl 1 is minuscule in comparison with lvl 5, even lvl 4 is ridiculously low against lvl 5, but you have to focus on the casting time, animation time, other skills timers AND the stigma... just for it to fail 4/5 ticks even if the monster you are killing is 25 levels below you O____o?!! the hell o____O?!

It IS a great damange, I gotta admit it, but hell, I rather worry about «Crucio» and spam «Curse Burst» <3 a frigging 3123712 times before having to worry about this other skill's conditions...

#89 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Nice Leinzan, hope your build works to your preferences. Trying to settle a build myself as well, most likely will be much less DoT-oriented.  On the plus side, if ever with another Crecentia on an RHD, I'll retain most of my dmg.  Actually, when I was with other Crecentias I found us complementing each other if not competing for DoTs, because Contingency stacks together, although whoever cast it more recently will apply their dmg to the DoT element, and 2x the Stigma generation means way more Curse Bursts (5x stack stigma in 2 seconds, what?!). 

Originally I was going to be selfish about doing more DPS rather than taking Blindness, but omitting Crucio/LoD from skill rotations lets me divert a good deal of focus on boss mechanics.  That and I'm slowly shifting my opinion of Crecentia as a pure DPS class.  Other people can provide more DPS, while skills as unique as Blindness should be taken advantage of.

Oh LoD... it's possible to get around the poor targeting with a bit of extra work, but I feel Curse Burst is enough for AoE DPS contribution.  And the extra work is too much extra work.

One last tidbit: for a hybrid PVP/PVE build, Earth Worm doesn't necessarily have to be maxed if you're stretched for skill points.  I managed with it at lvl 3, but I'd say that's the bare minimum.

#90 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Heeeh, so did you max «Illusion Blade»?

That skill is fun, sadly I couldnt affort points for it...

Maybe if I kill «Furnuculus» and «Crucio» >____>!!

Double Crescentia time sounds like fun... makes me wonder how would be a party of 2 Crescentias and 2 Soulmakers :F

#91 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yes I maxed illusion blade.  When it was at lvl 4 while I was still leveling up, it had dry spells of missing 4-5 times consecutively for the Stigma Generation, so anyone considering Stigma builds shouldn't half-ass Diem Wind and Illusion Blade.  Sometimes I use Illusion Blades twice per 5 stigma generation if refreshing a DoT/Debuff in between Diem Winds and gain some DPS.  The CD will be up after Curse Bursting anyways so there's no harm done.  I dropped Crucio because of it's huge time-investment, but still kinda struggling between Contingency, Furnunculus and possibly Death Grip.

#92 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Heeeh, so did you max «Illusion Blade»?

That skill is fun, sadly I couldnt affort points for it...

Maybe if I kill «Furnuculus» and «Crucio» >____>!!

Double Crescentia time sounds like fun... makes me wonder how would be a party of 2 Crescentias and 2 Soulmakers :F

well not exactly 2 crescent and 2 sm, but this guy as posted several videos of a sm and a crescent duoing bosses http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YmB_4SnLbTw

#93 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

well not exactly 2 crescent and 2 sm, but this guy as posted several videos of a sm and a crescent duoing bosses http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YmB_4SnLbTw

I'll try to remembe to watch that later :V

I've done Izlude Cave with a soulmaker companion when we were lvl 27, and wiped it whole without dying even once... they compliment each other VERY well...

Yes I maxed illusion blade.  When it was at lvl 4 while I was still leveling up, it had dry spells of missing 4-5 times consecutively for the Stigma Generation, so anyone considering Stigma builds shouldn't half-ass Diem Wind and Illusion Blade.  Sometimes I use Illusion Blades twice per 5 stigma generation if refreshing a DoT/Debuff in between Diem Winds and gain some DPS.  The CD will be up after Curse Bursting anyways so there's no harm done.  I dropped Crucio because of it's huge time-investment, but still kinda struggling between Contingency, Furnunculus and possibly Death Grip.

hmm yea «Crucio» is a pain and I dont see myself casting it as often... altho not having it around might hurt my final DPS Im not so sure... I left «Crucio» and «Furnuculus» at lvl 3 because of that (because there is a 2% jump there), but «Furnuculus» has only a 5% diference and still has the 4% damange increase every 5 seconds... so I might not be losing much anyway... and «Crucio» isnt so great... specially if it misses. It is nice to have around, but still a pain in the ass to redo every 10 seconds :V!

Considering to re-spec for maxing «Illusion Blade» >____>!!

#94 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

One last tidbit: for a hybrid PVP/PVE build, Earth Worm doesn't necessarily have to be maxed if you're stretched for skill points.  I managed with it at lvl 3, but I'd say that's the bare minimum.

Yeah, mine is level 3, as well, and I'm PVP/PVE hybrid.

One thing you guys have to consider is only 3 skills (Diem Wind, Contingency, and Tempest) utilize Physical Attack, and 8 skills (Crucio, Illusion Blade, Furnunculus, Land Of Darkness, Curse Burst, Bram Gush, Earth Worm, and Death Grip) utilize Magical Attack for damage.

Crucio is nice for killing people at a distance in Colo, despite the cast time. It's worth it to have if you're going PVE/PVP hybrid. Mine hits for 750 outside of Critical Hits at the lowest, but averages around 1,000. My max on it was around 1,850 so far. Even if the main hit doesn't get them, a tick from my Furnunculus (or Crucio) DoT usually does.

This is the build I've decided on:

http://www.ro2base.c...310712.22310712

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 18 October 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#95 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

i see a lot of lv 50 crescents opying to ignore stigma mastery because the 5% crit being not very noticable. and maxing levicorpus because of the shadow armor effect (50% def for 10s when wave hits target, no matter if it went to sleep or not so can be used on bosses)

#96 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I also recommend you drop Stigma Mastery and find points to max Levicorpus.  Stigma Mastery does not go well with DoT builds, but even for a Stigma build like mine I didn't notice any difference.  Levicorpus will help you avoid many deaths in raids and is extremely useful in colo.  If you are aiming to focus on Matk, then my ideal choice would be to drop 2 pts from Contingency to finish Levicorpus.

Pretty sure Illusion Blade is physical attack, and I don't consider Bram Gush a skill lol.  Spamming Curse Burst is my weaker alternative for ranged DPS without Crucio.  It gives me much more mobility that works with my more dominant melee playstyle and is a weaker version of running around spamming Lightning bolts as a Sorc & Wiz.  I still Crucio sometimes to have more sources of dmg on a single target or if going into melee range is too dangerous (i.e. embus)

Here's my final build.

http://www.ro2base.c...310291.22310291

I was playing with Death Grip before resetting my skills and did 9-9.5k+ crits during some normal raids using RHD gear, so that was fun to see.  I guess it's the 2nd strongest nuke in the game now behind VS. Definitely a nice skill, but I feel it would work much better in a pure DoT build than in mine because of having less skills to actively rotate.  I also actually tested Imperio, but later realized I didn't test thoroughly enough.  It debuffs Haste for sure, but between % or flat rate I don't know.  For instance, if I use lvl 5 Imperio on a Sorc who has 40% haste, is it 100% reduction on just the 40% to nullify all their haste benefits, leaving them at 0% haste?  Or is it a flat rate of -100% haste rate to drop them to -60% haste?  If it works like the latter flat rate and wasn't a 2min CD, it'd actually be kind of useful.  Mobs/Bosses seem to be affected by the Haste debuff guild skill, so it should work as well and would be another Support Debuff for raids against both adds and bosses. The utility in PVP is more apparent, but again, of low value due to the high CD.

#97 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

i see a lot of lv 50 crescents opying to ignore stigma mastery because the 5% crit being not very noticable. and maxing levicorpus because of the shadow armor effect (50% def for 10s when wave hits target, no matter if it went to sleep or not so can be used on bosses)

Which is fine, if you do a lot of PVP. I actually considered it for a long while, but in the end, my current build is the one I feel most comfortable in as a PVP/PVE hybrid build. I'm also still sticking to my DoT focused build, as well.

I also recommend you drop Stigma Mastery and find points to max Levicorpus.  Stigma Mastery does not go well with DoT builds, but even for a Stigma build like mine I didn't notice any difference.  Levicorpus will help you avoid many deaths in raids and is extremely useful in colo.  If you are aiming to focus on Matk, then my ideal choice would be to drop 2 pts from Contingency to finish Levicorpus.

Pretty sure Illusion Blade is physical attack, and I don't consider Bram Gush a skill lol.  Spamming Curse Burst is my weaker alternative for ranged DPS without Crucio.  It gives me much more mobility that works with my more dominant melee playstyle and is a weaker version of running around spamming Lightning bolts as a Sorc & Wiz.  I still Crucio sometimes to have more sources of dmg on a single target or if going into melee range is too dangerous (i.e. embus)

I've seen it make a difference in the amount of times I Crit. I guess it just depends on individual experiences, maybe? Personally, I haven't found a valid reason to drop it, yet, but I did have an alternative build including Levicorpus.

Illusion Blade's description says it uses Magical Attack to determine damage, regardless of if it is a Melee attack or not.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 18 October 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#98 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

In my case Im more attack or attack and if you cant attack, keep attacking.

hence this is my build http://www.ro2base.c...310291.22310291

«Illusion Blade» is MATK, if you are MATK based it will easily surpass «Diem Wind». However I believe a more hybrid build would drop «Illusion Blade» to max «Crucio» instead.

The reason why I left «Furnuculus» at lvl 3 is because there is an actual jump in % at that level, but further on is just 1% per level :V (btw this is also happens with «Crucio» DoT at lvl 3 and initial strike at lvl 5)

«Stigma Mastery» sounds useful because I've noticed that when I strike a mob the chances to crit increases a ton, almost as if they were stacking. And unlike Rogue, building AGI actually helps... with that skill I would reach the 20% crit chance... but in the end I didn't take it, because Crescentia have so many utility skill...

«Bram Gush» its fun, altho, even when it says is MATK based, it seems to be using the ATK parameter... an error, maybe?

As a melee, I will no way in hell drop «Contingency» :V! and «Curse Reinforce» helps out to boost my punny DoTs, but once I have 3 stigmas on target I can't afford to waste time casting «Crucio», because its «Curse Burst» spam time >=D!! (and «Diem Wind» + «Illusion Blade» makes that happen much faster!)

I would love an «Earth Worm» lvl 5 but cant seem to find where to take the points from...

@Sora:

I would like to test out what hurts more, if DoTs or a constant 3~5 Stigma «Curse Burst» / «Tempest» rain. If we happen to see each other in game, I would like to test it out at the sparrows >=D! (Im still a weakling, tho).

#99 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

@Sora:

I would like to test out what hurts more, if DoTs or a constant 3~5 Stigma «Curse Burst» / «Tempest» rain. If we happen to see each other in game, I would like to test it out at the sparrows >=D! (Im still a weakling, tho).

Sounds fun. :p_laugh:

In the case of Illusion Blade, the only reason mine is at level 1 is because it feels like Diem Wind can out-damage it, even if it were at level 5. It takes 1 second to cast both, but Illusion Blade has a 5 second Cool-down (which is horrible, in my opinion, and I would rather use Crucio in its place at times). Basically, you can use 3 times the amount of Diem Winds in the same time you're waiting for Illusion Blade. I still use it in my rotation, but it's level 1. The fact is that despite having Str at approximately 1/3rd to one-half the value of my Int, the 3 Diem Winds still appear to hit harder than the 1 Illusion Blade. This is mostly due to the fact that due to being used 3 times, it has 3 times more the chance to Crit, as well. However, even without a Critical Hit, it seems to still hit slightly harder.

My Contingency actually hits for about 50 more damage in DoT at 5 stacks than what Furnunculus hits, but the damage by Furnunculus over the period of 2 and a half minutes would obviously be greater than the damage of Contingency for me. Nonetheless, I still use it.

Tempest averages at about one-half to 2/3rds of the damage my Death Grip does, as long as I have 5 Stigmas stacked on the enemy.

All-in-all, the build just feels all-around balanced for both environments. :p_smile:

#100 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well, this thread made me more confused than any other one. Here are some thoughts:

1. Stigmas & Explosion

I thought this is just an inverse of the build-up points of any other class. Rather than keeping track on your character, you place them on one enemy. I therefore assumed that Curse Burst 'consumes' these stacks like a Rogue/Assassin Deadly Blow skill. This thread makes me wonder if it stays for the usual max. duration.

Usually, I dont even consider to level any skill that grants double build-up points, since the net-benefit of one more of these points is irrelevant. However, I see a few builds here that maxed it. So I wonder if this comes from the strangeness of those Stigma points or from the 30% bonus damage. The latter seems also irrelevant, since it raises the damage from max. 21% to max. 27.3% usable every 5sec.

Curse Burst itself seemed weak, since it only deals 10% damage. However, like all AoE effects in RO2, the total damage makes it shine. Just to make sure, I understand this:

Lets say, there are 3 targets nearby: 1 with 5x Stigma and 2 with 1x Stigma and I use Cursed Burst on the one with 5 Stigma points, all three targets are dealt 35% damage? Or does it deals 10% damage to all three targets + 5% for each Stigma on the enemy hit? (In the example, it would be 35%,15%,15%)

Bram Gush

Seems fair to me. Its a "hits-10-AoE" and the damage is half as high as a single-target attack. The Rogue skills are similar: 25% for single-target, 13% for multiple-target attack skills. (BTW: This works for Warriors as well, however Whirlwind does double damage with a doubled animation time).

Evanesco

Does this skill generate threat? And let's say a PvE boss deals 5k damage to all 10 raid members, this would then deal the boss 5k damage?

All in all it seems a bit weak. To be comparable to a 100 DoT, the target has to deal 1k damage every 2sec. Effectiveness depends on the next skill:

Curse Reinforce

Someone mentioned that this is a flat increase.... this would be insane. This would be a 100% damage increase for all DoT skills. So is there any confirmation whether it is the usual +15% more damage (similar to other classes) or is it really a flat bonus?

Levicorpus

Have you tested it? Does it generate a 50% damage reduction for 10sec.? If so, it would even be miles better than the assassin skill (or any other tank skills).

Contingency

I have no clear view of this skill. First -1% defense (or max -5% defense) is completely useless, especially if this is defense not defense rate, so let's ignore this.

It strikes for 24% damage and has a very long casting time. This makes it weaker than Crucio, so the initial damage cant be the benefit here either.

The DoT is 5%, not quite interesting....

Now the point: I thought the damage would increase per CURSE... and Contingency isn't a curse, The six curses are: Crucio, Evanesco, Furnunculus, Blindness, Raw Tilt and LoD.

Since you can't have Blindness and Raw Tilt at the same time, it would explain why it only stacks up to 5 times.

Land of Darkness

Like any other AoE (f.e. Whirlwind), this spell can miss. Don't know if it's bugged though. The damage is quite ok, imho. It deals less damage than Crucio, but it can effect multiple targets. Just to make this sure: The damage is 15% your Matk vs. enemies with Stigmas, right?

Imperio

First of all: -100% acceleration (aka haste) means half attack speed, right? Are bosses affected by this skill as well? In either way, this would be a great spell (if it's working properly). This is more or less a "-50% damage" debuff on all mobs nearby that lasts for 30sec. Which would be similar to a 50% dodge chance or a 100% parry chance (excluding special attacks however).

Mayham seems to be a sort of PvP stun alternative. Rather than being unable move or to perform any actions for 3sec (stun), the target can't perform any useful actions for 5sec. The 30% chance seems too low, although this is an AoE skill.

Earth Worm

Does it deal damage to all the targets? It would be quite ok in this way. Rather than the usual "half damage, but multiple targets" stuff, it does the "full damage but double casting time" way (see Whirlwind or Arrow Shower). The movement speed reduction is quite a good bonus. A compromise - rather than melee+stun, it's ranged+less movement.

So as you can see, there are a lot of unanswered issues....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users