What the.......... - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What the..........

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#126 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Pretty sure certain users have posted videos of not having full Colo gears being able to complete CoA before. Personally, I do not think a broken feature that can be fixed from persistent suggestions justifies wrongdoing to get around the root of the problem.

#127 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

I know some people did it, but not the average player.

People shouldn't cheat their way to full colo, but many times i'm sure you felt the "damn, I wish i could get those things already and move on from this!". Some people are weak and couldn't resist.

I'm against the exploit, and I didn't use it because of that. While I don't condemn people who used it, they are still wrong by doing it.

Colo fixes have been suggested over and over, and nothing substantial was changed.

#128 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

and people is selling colo gear in Alberta right now and someone posted on bug report how to do it and has been there since 6 hours ago... =_=u are you =censored= me?

Gms don't event check the new bug reports... ¬¬u

Edited by Kiryu, 18 September 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#129 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

People who got spotted by GM/screenshotted-reported gets banned, so just take a good screenshot and report them. Best you can do for now. 

So far the obnoxious exploiters have been banned, so if more show up, report them.

This bug just became known like this due to how easy it is to get colo stuff (event). How long do you think people knew and did this exploit?

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 19 September 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#130 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

People are already advertising guaranteed full raid drops per reset, and you don't even have to think why and how.

Why hasn't the bug been fixed so far? 

If people are still selling everything left and right, does it mean that no one is getting banned and no one is scared?

#131 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

Maybe because those people don't come to the forums, and that there was no warning ingame that it is considered an exploit and can lead to ban?

#132 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

People who got spotted by GM/screenshotted-reported gets banned, so just take a good screenshot and report them. Best you can do for now. 

So far the obnoxious exploiters have been banned, so if more show up, report them.

This bug just became known like this due to how easy it is to get colo stuff (event). How long do you think people knew and did this exploit?

^ The best thing to do. Report them all!!

People are already advertising guaranteed full raid drops per reset, and you don't even have to think why and how.

Why hasn't the bug been fixed so far? 

If people are still selling everything left and right, does it mean that no one is getting banned and no one is scared?

I know someone who got banned for selling bound items.. although it may be faint to us, but yeah, WP is doing their job (atleast)..

#133 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

To be fair, I saw someone selling Colo gear yesterday, so the exploit got changed or it still works.
And, to be more fair, I tried to do it, just because of "Let's see how it works" without any results (I know it's wrong, as is it to consume alcohol or smoke in many places being a minor, and I know a lot of you did this).
I knew this is illegal and is a ban reason, it's just that I got acknwoledge of the bug when I found this dude in Alberta and started my research. I'm getting on the feet of people like me, with less time... who are waking up at insane hours to do all the Colosseum rounds as possible, without getting anything aside from frustration and other class' gear and saw this a tempting sollution to get in par of thos full geared lads around. (You have to be this tall to enter this raid)
I know it's no excuse and it doesn't relate to the former topic but well, it's their fault and not their fault at the same time. If the system let's you exploit it, it will be exploited, and catching everyone doing it and judging them it's hard because everyone do this for different reasons (For example, testing, greed, passing gear to alts), and like someone said before, the greedy exploiters should be judged and the rest, should be given a yellow card and put under observation.

My two cents.

Edited by 2186130521195602510, 19 September 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#134 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

What piss me off, was that someone posted how to do the bug and no gm. vm or cm notice the post until I logged and went to check bug reports section first because always something happen when I log in... Today I logged in woe map after dcd to find myself deep on the mountains behind afancs and near izlude without being able to go out.

#135 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

i made  a ticket about that situation, i spouted in public like a dog, a GM pmed me asking for the ticket ID, boom, instasolved :D the offender got permabanned with all the ip ids related to him. remember that GMs has access to trade logs, if you don't believe me

why people got banned for sending themselves a huge quantity of zeny in the past?

because mailbox can be tracked too.

#136 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

If you report people with solid evidence, there is no way out.

In those bug exploit cases, mainly the obnoxious exploiters are banned. Those who think nothing will happen to them and they do it openly and try to make a profit.

In the cases of people trying to make profits out of it, banning is pretty much the perfect answer. But it isn't the answer for all cases.

Many people transfered itens to alts, for example. Should they be banned for it? Considering the person did the work on colo to get the box/weapon/armor, it shouldn't be on par with the harshest of the punishments. Each case should be analised differently to see the extend of the punishment.  For example, on "low impact" cases, just put a warning and remove the offending items. Leave the account on watch until the bug is fixed. If the given account uses the exploit again, then apply a harsher punishment. It will give a sense of care and respect from the GMs.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 19 September 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#137 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

long ago tons of players got banned for sending huge quantities of zeny due they bought it from gold venders, they pretended to be innocent and they got what they deserve

in the name of jastice!!!!

Edited by HunkSurvivor, 19 September 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#138 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Pretty sure certain users have posted videos of not having full Colo gears being able to complete CoA before. Personally, I do not think a broken feature that can be fixed from persistent suggestions justifies wrongdoing to get around the root of the problem.

lol just reading your profile, they pay me for post rofl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users