• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Here are the builds I am thinking about :

Build to lvl 25

http://www.ro2base.c...310348.22310348

Build to level 50

http://www.ro2base.c...310543.22310543

For the SM build do I have too many points in soulmate and immunity?

Really with a 10 min cooldown awake soulmate can only be used once maby twice during a boss fight.

Edited by NuwaChan, 09 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#2 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Both builds have the "can't grind" issue, while having their grand finishers.

Curse burst consumes the Stigma this build can't really produce very well, even though it relies on Stigma for damage.  It also.. consumes the stigma which improves on the damage you can cause.  Looks backwards to me.  Skipping on Raw Tilt for Blind on the road to 25 doesn't seem like a good idea either (Tilt gets more use than Blind in that area).  Poor Evanesco's damage won't impress anyone either.

Sacrifice is suitable for dealing a powerful burst every 30s (while Cure is on your character for regen... though any heal works really), but Immunity can only be used for the 2minutes your awakening is active (10min cooldown).  This means a lot of standing around waiting for these two skills, especially when you're dropping the rest of your DPS to minimum.  You then push for a few of the links and party buffs while neglecting some of the basic skills before it.  It means you're left depending on Restore to proc all the crit effects for both Awakening and Links, which isn't even all the way up to level 5 yet.  Some people may also dislike that you skipped the Haste/Vigor link.

Sorry, I don't see any direction or maintainability with your build.  That will be really hard to get much use out of...

#3 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

How about this for getting to 25?

Then this to start off?

Edited by NuwaChan, 09 September 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#4 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

How about this for getting to 25?

Then this to start off?

Diem Wind = basic attack.  You can't afford to drop it if you want to grind with any ease.

SM's basic attacks are either Soul Extortion/Death Spell or Mental Breakdown, with Soul Extinction being fairly useful to throw on randomly (but only while DPSing, it detracts from using your other skills).  They're best supportive area is buffs, it's what Izlude Dungeon is going to want you there for (at 25, good luck replacing a priest).

I grinded up a sorc and managed to actually play the role of only healer for all dungeons till Sandstorm (no way I'm healing Ermes...), but a SM won't do quite as well in this area.  A SM will almost never get the healing role, being nothing more than an off healer at best.  But linking up all your allies is what will impress people about the class (plus the two regular damage buffs).  Rushing to Sacrifice at 25 probably is far too soon for this reason.

#5 Hecatombales

Hecatombales

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

I've done this build so far

http://www.ro2base.c...7.1.3/0.0.0.0.0

Probably i would do something like this, i dropped Immunity cause i saw some video in the SEA server and is takes up like 2 secs of animation and it heals just the members that are really NEAR the mobs being hitted.
At the begginning i was unsure to the vitality soullink but than i though that it could be actually good cause when boss is aoeing priest and sorcs can actually take benefits from it since SM doesn't have massive healing power like del/sanc
Even if this build is not good at grinding i don't think SM can actually do good dps so either level 1 or 5 is pretty much the same to me, and like you said before, yes it is like an off healer so i don't think this class will take the spot of a sorc or a priest instead it will be putted in the spot of a missing dps(Maybe wizard?) personally i prefer having 10% magic power and 10% crits than 10% int
Stil not so sure about Restoration skill cause i don't know how this "Jump" works, i left Cure at 3 cause it is a waste of skill points putting it to 5, just 2% increase from 3 to 5 better skills out there
If i have to drop one link for having sacrifice maxed maybe it shoul be the attack one, just one dps benefits from it, i think the best thing about links is that you can share it with more people but in this case it is just one dps that can
(Sorry for my bad english it's not my native language)
Feel free to criticize my build if you want, i'll accept any kind of tips

#6 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I've done this build so far

http://www.ro2base.c...7.1.3/0.0.0.0.0

Probably i would do something like this, i dropped Immunity cause i saw some video in the SEA server and is takes up like 2 secs of animation and it heals just the members that are really NEAR the mobs being hitted.
At the begginning i was unsure to the vitality soullink but than i though that it could be actually good cause when boss is aoeing priest and sorcs can actually take benefits from it since SM doesn't have massive healing power like del/sanc
Even if this build is not good at grinding i don't think SM can actually do good dps so either level 1 or 5 is pretty much the same to me, and like you said before, yes it is like an off healer so i don't think this class will take the spot of a sorc or a priest instead it will be putted in the spot of a missing dps(Maybe wizard?) personally i prefer having 10% magic power and 10% crits than 10% int
Stil not so sure about Restoration skill cause i don't know how this "Jump" works, i left Cure at 3 cause it is a waste of skill points putting it to 5, just 2% increase from 3 to 5 better skills out there
If i have to drop one link for having sacrifice maxed maybe it shoul be the attack one, just one dps benefits from it, i think the best thing about links is that you can share it with more people but in this case it is just one dps that can
(Sorry for my bad english it's not my native language)
Feel free to criticize my build if you want, i'll accept any kind of tips

Immunity = insane AoE damage (more than any other class), every 10s for 2min every 10min (aka, while Awakening is on), plus melee heal.  The damage factor is the big part.

Acceleration = Haste, Vitality = Vigor.  That link boosts Haste/Vigor.

10% crit factor is not 10% more crits, instead you are getting 10% more damage from a critical.

Jump skills use a chain lightning effect.  Hit target with skill, skill is sent again from that target to another target in 10m range, with less power.  Skill will then chain again the same way, until the "Jumps" are expended.

Build capping out on all the buffs is good, though again this build will get very little out of Awakening.  Technically, there isn't too much hope for their links either, though I suspect if you spam heals it might be okay.  Death Spell, Mental Breakdown, and Restore are the three skills used for the bonuses mentioned in Awakening and Links.

#7 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

1-25:Clicky

25-50:Clicky

• I'm looking to make a Hybrid Soulmaker which is able to colo aswell.

Opinions please~

#8 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am really struggling with this build right now the points are 18, 23, 11

Since Concentration basicaly gives a 10% dps boost (with more casts per min) at lvl 5 to a raid

I would like to have more in it, but can't find the points.

http://www.ro2base.c...310543.22310543

Edited by NuwaChan, 12 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#9 Aleate

Aleate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

You guys probably know this but I'd recommend a full DPS build to level up, then use the Skill Reset you receive at Level 35 once you hit 50.

Edited by Aleate, 12 September 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#10 Nekogatari

Nekogatari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDream Japan

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

You guys probably know this but I'd recommend a full DPS build to level up, then use the Skill Reset you receive at Level 35 once you hit 50.

I figured this would be the best thing to do and then once you've hit max level you can use the sr to go with whatever role you want.

#11 Puub

Puub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

I don't know what magical skill reset you get at 35, as far as i know unless its a new thing, it does not exist. This may help you out a bit.http://www.iamfurfer...soul-maker.html

i posted the same one on the other soulmaker question forum. 

My build is close to that one, but with my own twist.

I'm not too worried about my build till 50 as i play with my wife and we both have the mayor title, meaning we dont need parties to lv up.

We duo all dungeons with pots and my heals as a SM, and her atk power and slight tanking as a Cresentia. This gives us more info on how the current 

builds we are using work, and we can post our own pros and cons from what we went through.

Edited by Puub, 12 September 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#12 Aleate

Aleate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Starter Pack Level 35 gives you a Skill and Stat reset.  And yes it does exist =)

#13 justicecracker19

justicecracker19

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Uhh, I dont think I got this. The only skill reset i ever got was when i class changed. Or i dont remember.

edit: I remembered the stupid thing I did when i started playing Ragnarok 2. I threw the starter package away.

Edited by justicecracker19, 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#14 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

http://ro2base.com/b...5.1.1/0.0.0.0.0 1 - 25: I prefer Illusion Blade to be at 5. It's very helpful for my combos. I don't like Curse Burst at all (I'm not a fan of any first classes AOE) and I prefer Raw Tilt to blindness.

Edit: My SoulMaker Build so far: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Edited by KurashiDragon, 14 September 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#15 JohnMBuhl

JohnMBuhl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Uhh, I dont think I got this. The only skill reset i ever got was when i class changed. Or i dont remember.

edit: I remembered the stupid thing I did when i started playing Ragnarok 2. I threw the starter package away.

:sob:  Why would you do such a thing?!

#16 Oritzia

Oritzia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlying over the moon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

I'd ditch Evanesco, unless you've already job changed; the damage is very very low and I just find that I'm taking extra damage from the enemy while casting a useless spell. (Even in the Wolf dungeon, on Popo boss, spider and wolf it only ticked for 1 damage.)

Curse Burst as well, is kind of an awkward spell; I've had tremendous success with Diem/RawTilt/Crucio/Furn all maxed ( so far, I have some spells at 1, like curse burst.)

I have had no troubles soloing every single boss so far, I can take on three mobs sometimes. (It's a close call. :P)

I'm probably going to spend my last points in blindness and like two into Illu Blade, possibly; but I'll be SM shortly after that anyways.

I'm looking into more of a DPS built SM, very excited. =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users