50 replies to this topic

#26 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Let me put it a simple way, In my work as a software developer, we usually dont do hard methods if there's a possible short method of coding. same goes with this, why waste your time enduring AOE's when you can disable it by stunning boss? technically, it's not a bug. You got my point now?

Edited by Reyaje, 11 September 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#27 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Let me put it a simple way, In my work as a software developer, we usually dont do hard methods if there's a possible short method of coding. same goes with this, why waste your time enduring AOE's when you can disable it by stunning boss? technically, it's not a bug. You got my point now?

Bosses are given mechanics for a reason. If game developers wanted bosses to be 3.5mil HP punchbags, then they wouldn't even bother with programming in the mechanics.

no, it's not a bug, it's an exploit. Bypassing boss mechanics is called an exploit, it always has been. There is a difference between "avoiding/dealing" with boss mechanics, and bypassing them so they completely don't happen.

iRO2 is not SeaRO2, things have already changed between the 2 servers. The staff here listens to feedback (example: Bomb 99). If Bomb 99 was considered a free lunch to raid bosses, then chaining pet stuns should be no different.

#28 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

This argument is idiotic. whether you use stun pets or pay2win, it's really not relevant since no matter how you slice it, no one is able to beat AoD, or CoA totally legit. Once a group actually manages to beat for example, CoA without VIP, Pets, Elixers. +10 Runes, Costumes with more than 1 slot, Plumeria Titles, and lastly, Colosseum equipment (since Colo actually came AFTER CoA in kRO/Sea) Meaning, you have to beat CoA with Bapho/Arena equipment. Then, feel free to talk -_- down to others.

Until then, just stfu. So much damn drama for no damn reason. Can't help it that the game has -_-ty mechanics that people need to depend on both bugs and the cash shop in order to progress.

#29 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

This argument is idiotic. whether you use stun pets or pay2win, it's really not relevant since no matter how you slice it, no one is able to beat AoD, or CoA totally legit. Once a group actually manages to beat for example, CoA without VIP, Pets, Elixers. +10 Runes, Costumes with more than 1 slot, Plumeria Titles, and lastly, Colosseum equipment (since Colo actually came AFTER CoA in kRO/Sea) Meaning, you have to beat CoA with Bapho/Arena equipment. Then, feel free to talk -_- down to others.

Until then, just stfu. So much damn drama for no damn reason. Can't help it that the game has -_-ty mechanics that people need to depend on both bugs and the cash shop in order to progress.

./Thread

(Well, the off topic part anyways.  Please return to the recruiting for this Raid Group)

#30 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Lol klyde pretty much spelled it out for you folks.

#31 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

well if that's how people think, might as well bring back bomb 99 then

#32 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

well if that's how people think, might as well bring back bomb 99 then

Get off your high horse already.  Its pretty entertaining seeing your raid group spamming Trade chat all day that you're buying Grahams. 

#33 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

being able to chain stun a raid boss to bypass the AI is a different story, i don't know how hard is that to comprehend

#34 perseus1100

perseus1100

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Stop arguing until a legit raid do all boss without stun pet. This is not kRO2 with 3min CD resu, 2-3 bosses in aod can deal about 16k up AOE plus DOT to everyone, it's simply a wiped to whole raid party. With stun pet there is a least one way to beat AoD.

I must admit that it's not fun to beat raid bosses like this, but until game developer nerf the bosses atk, we have to stick with this mechaism still.

#35 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

no one is able to beat AoD, or CoA totally legit.

It's not the point how legit you're doing your raid to show it to the community, it's how hard is the company making a raid to entertain and let people achieve something in a game. Raid with Normal/Hard/Extremely hard is pretty much senseless now with the pet system, and there i give the reason to mysticalre. Now, it's not a game where u compete on doing "more legit" a raid with this pet system but to achieve it as "just another raid". The soul of compete is dead right now. Now is just left WoE, and let's see what's next.

Edit: And yeah, bring back bomb nº 99, this bomb is not more OP than pets  with 20 sec duration & cooldown.

Word.

Edited by Vau, 11 September 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#36 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

...really??? Did the leader of the biggest and proly the most respectable guild just wrote this? I had a lot of respect for u until now Klyde, do u know the reason why seaRO2 is dying? Is because of these broken mechanics that the GM refuses to fix, anyone that has simple gaming logic knows that this pet stunning boss issue we have here is completely broken and anyone that doesn't see this is in denial. Don't tell us to stfu when we"re the one here that's trying the prevent another searo2 failure from happening. And yes as of right now a lot of us is -_- talking you the collision guild leader because encouraging and promoting ur guild and the whole server to abuse this pet stunning bug to progress further into the game instead of working for it.

P.s. I regret denying a couple of collision member who are really ambitious about raiding hard dungeons because u felt collision would b better off for them to clearing because their guild is bigger, but clearly not

Edited by wakkyz, 11 September 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#37 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

...really??? Did the leader of the biggest and proly the most respectable guild just wrote this? I had a lot of respect for u until now Klyde, do u know the reason why seaRO2 is dying? Is because of these broken mechanics that the GM refuses to fix, anyone that has simple gaming logic knows that this pet stunning boss issue we have here is completely broken and anyone that doesn't see this is in denial. Don't tell us to stfu when we"re the one here that's trying the prevent another searo2 failure from happening. And yes as of right now a lot of us is -_- talking you the collision guild leader because encouraging and promoting ur guild and the whole server to abuse this pet stunning bug to progress further into the game instead of working for it.

P.s. I regret denying a couple of collision member who are really ambitious about raiding hard dungeons because u felt collision would b better off for them to clearing because their guild is bigger, but clearly not

Uhm, okay. I think you're misunderstanding what I said. I don't agree with stun pets, I personally don't think that bosses should be able to be stunned. I don't agree with the pay 2 win items, including VIP seeing as, no Raid is realy doable without that extra 10% HP except maybe Bapho Normal. However, putting others down because of their methods is also not okay seeing as, the comments right below OP were basically instigation.

Also I don't really understand your P.S. message, but if I offended you by that, I'm sorry but that's just how I feel so don't take it out on my members. We all do not share the same ideology, blaming a whole guild because of a single member well, that doesn't make you any better really.

My message wasn't really aimed towards anyone, just the argument of P2W VS StunPets.

#38 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Didn't know people replied to me but uh...

being able to chain stun a raid boss to bypass the AI is a different story, i don't know how hard is that to comprehend

As I said in response to wakkyz, nah I don't agree with being able to stun chain bosses.

It's not the point how legit you're doing your raid to show it to the community, it's how hard is the company making a raid to entertain and let people achieve something in a game. Raid with Normal/Hard/Extremely hard is pretty much senseless now with the pet system, and there i give the reason to mysticalre. Now, it's not a game where u compete on doing "more legit" a raid with this pet system but to achieve it as "just another raid". The soul of compete is dead right now. Now is just left WoE, and let's see what's next.

Edit: And yeah, bring back bomb nº 99, this bomb is not more OP than pets  with 20 sec duration & cooldown.

Word.

Hmm, see I don't think I made my point across correctly. Curse english being my second language. Anyways, what I meant to say is that people shouldn't really be fighting each other in regards how a raid is executed. A good example is that when HyVent cleared AoD, half the people congratulated them, the other people were annoyed because they all had explorer pots. Hyvent said that the pots weren't needed, but they do make the fights a lot easier. Like, A LOT easier. Our raid group hasn't tried doing AoD with elixer pots, the only one that uses Graham are the tanks, and it's doable (5/5). However, Pay 2 Win also applies to the VIP Buff, the Costumes, the +10 Runes, and the Plumeria title. Without the things I mentioned, even Bapho (H) and PvE (H) is quite difficult. People just don't notice because we had Colosseum from the very beginning, which is stronger than CoA gear.

So in short, I wasnt telling a specific person to stfu. Just to stop arguing each other since, the mechanics are at fault, not the players.

#39 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Going a bit off topic, since i don't care about OP's "wannabebestraidgroupever".

I don't really know how to feel man, i like the game to be a place where you can achieve something that will be hard to do. When i logged in, and saw my Embus with 22 seconds cooldown i was like, WTF, they screwed up something that took me weeks to farm(refered to cooldowns), cause i farmed the whole 60% pets, didn't bought any damn piece, and with this new cooldown system, it's pointless to keep farming pets with that crazy cooldown yo.

Also, i feel really sad with the players that worked alot with their Union costumes and stuff and now Gravity gave free Union random boxes like candies. If i'd start doing the Union stuff from the beginning i'd be so freaking mad right now, but it's ok, i never cared about union points and costumes, but how they are taking this, is not good.

Even Colosseum is not funny killing and freezing ppl and don't let them do anything to get what they want/need, i feel bad dude. And i don't know what to do in-game now, pets was the only thing that kept me playing.

Edit: some grammar.

Edited by Vau, 11 September 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#40 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Good luck with finding your people!!

altho isn't it a bit too soon? I know there are hardcore people around but it will take some time before Crescentia and Soul Makers with full colo gear appear and walk by... specially those players that will main them.

#41 Xamata

Xamata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Man, I shoulda known midgets are trouble lol, I'll find some later >.>

lets see how WoE is today with a giant tree in it

#42 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Good luck with finding your people!!

altho isn't it a bit too soon? I know there are hardcore people around but it will take some time before Crescentia and Soul Makers with full colo gear appear and walk by... specially those players that will main them.

Man, I shoulda known midgets are trouble lol, I'll find some later >.>

lets see how WoE is today with a giant tree in it

LOL. If u ask nicely someone in guild might take their colo /epic raid geared soulmaker :P 

Made our bapho N run like ... less than 10 mn i think along with all the geared people .. I felt like a noob dying LMAO. 

I agree with klyde on the fact that people should stop freaking out. I don't agree with having to have a stun pet in the raid group but i'm pretty sure if we pugged things and stuff we wouldnt be asking for that. For the time i've been in collision, not once have i been asked to get something pricey just to get into a CoA raid. They didnt even get mad at me when my parents came in and i had to tab during Rat master H. I'm pretty sure the " stun pet " would be best but it wouldn't be a must. People should stop targetting players when its obvious we do not have the mechanics of Kro and need the extra items to win. Heck, we don't even have an extra 3k hp buff to go into coa like SEA does x_x 

#43 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just like everyone is entitled to pursue their own experience within a RPG. Constructive criticism is one thing, but blatant defaming and disregard for each other's views have no place in this thread. If you are interested in joining up with Primlock's raid group, contact him in-game. If not, you have no reason to post in this thread, other than incite an unnecessary flame war. 

Each party is guilty of instigation here, I will not delude myself into believing otherwise. Any members of Collision who behave in a manner that does not follow our guild's personal codes of conduct will be held responsible for their actions, in the meantime I suggest the rest of you grow up and conduct yourselves like mature, intelligent individuals. 

#44 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

1750442.jpg

#45 suz8

suz8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Locationparadise, hawaii

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

i got drafted into a raid group?! here i thought i'd keep my snug voyager title till the end of my days~

edit: somehow... reading this thread makes me feel like i've been thrown into a republican-democrat debate.

hyvent: i totally respect you guys and think in general you guys are cool and -_- but sometimes i actually feel like i'm being shoved some republican pro-life way of living down my throat when I read some of the posts coming from your members. it's like republicans telling women they can't have an abortion because it's murderous. Can't I have a choice on what to do when i'm pregnant and still a stupid 15 year old?! Can't I be gay/lesbian and get married without you republicans talking about the bible and saying it'll cause other people to want to marry their dogs and cats?! (that's just mean, i would never consider my lesbian partner at the level of dogs and cats... animals are way smarter than us humanz!)

from my pervious posts, you might conclude i like to work with analogies, my apologies, i'm not saying you're a republican in the US (or even from the US actually)

I'm sorry that when I wasn't AOD-able, I had to whore myself out to random raids and join raid RCs, TS3, mumblez etc to try and get RM H raids going. I'm sorry I wasn't born into a guild full of hardcore gamers that invested so much time into getting the timing down and perfecting their raid group so that RMH was a breeze. My ultimate goal is to help as much people get AOD-able because I find raiding with friends the most enjoyable. Even with pets, RMH is still hard. it's still a challenge, you still need to deal with room aoe's and -_-. Instead of sticking in your nose and laughing at people who use pets to their own advantage (& still failing sometimes), some of you might want to be more humble and accept that fact that there are other ways to killing bosses other than your own. I'm sorry that not everyone is able to find a good efficient raid like that of Hyvent's. There are many people who used to pm me on a daily basis asking for RM H raids even though my guild at that time was not successful in killing RMH.

You see, the way I precieve this is that while many of you genuinely feel that pets on bosses are way too OP and makes raid bosses too easy, there are a few of you who actually go out of your way to attack people just because you feel so high and mighty for being able to do RMH without the use of pets. This thread is kind of like proof of my theory. Sorry if the rest of the server can't do what you do. You're better than us. Happy? Now leave the rest of the raids alone. People just want to see the new dungeon & do it with friends without an angry mob of protesters. 

If you want stun pets removed, do it on your own thread. Don't enter people's recruit threads and harass people into not joining. 

Edited by suz8, 20 September 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#46 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Can't I be gay/lesbian and get married without you republicans talking about the bible and saying it'll cause other people to want to marry their dogs and cats?! (that's just mean, i would never consider my lesbian partner at the level of dogs and cats... animals are way smarter than us humanz!)

#47 xBombie

xBombie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi i raid with this group of people and they stole all the tokens.

end of the story.

have fun!

#48 Xamata

Xamata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hi i raid with this group of people and they stole all the tokens.

end of the story.

have fun!

sore loser

thread closed since everyone a flaming troll

Edited by Xamata, 29 September 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#49 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hyvent just want their dungeon paid runs to become profitable once again.  By the way, your video about embus chain freeze is the reason why many people can beat RM H, enter AoD and obtain Tier3 raid gears. You shouldv'e sent that vid to GM's if you want to nerf pokemons. Now, who here become stupid? i think you guys. you gave them a secret weapon in winning all boss in dungeons. Ignore this dogs and lets play WoE. this is the true raid that will make you famous  :heh:

HyVent's idea: Use pay to win items, you will clear AoD/COA. being able to clear this dungeons = $$$ for them

Edited by Reyaje, 29 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#50 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Uhm, okay. I think you're misunderstanding what I said. I don't agree with stun pets, I personally don't think that bosses should be able to be stunned. I don't agree with the pay 2 win items, including VIP seeing as, no Raid is realy doable without that extra 10% HP except maybe Bapho Normal. However, putting others down because of their methods is also not okay seeing as, the comments right below OP were basically instigation.

Also I don't really understand your P.S. message, but if I offended you by that, I'm sorry but that's just how I feel so don't take it out on my members. We all do not share the same ideology, blaming a whole guild because of a single member well, that doesn't make you any better really.

My message wasn't really aimed towards anyone, just the argument of P2W VS StunPets.

I totally agree with you in this KIyde, personally don't think that bosses should be able to be stunned. But these are the only solutions they have for making an Overpower Dungeon Boss! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users