Regarding 9/11 Patch Errors - Page 15 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding 9/11 Patch Errors

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#351 FilipeFX

FilipeFX

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Portugal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:None game updating

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Well if they don't push for it, shows their will to play....

Otherwise nevermind my last post, i did fix somethings up but i still need 39.rtp and 58.rtp and i was wondering if someone could upload them.

Thanks in advance.

I have trouble with the 069 RTP. Currently trying to manually download the patch into the patch file so I can play. Is there anyone having a similar problem?

Yeah there's kinda a lot of people with that problem. As better solution download the manual, i think it is actually workin' untill now. :3

Edited by FilipeFX, 17 September 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#352 halofirebird

halofirebird

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

I did this previously, and yes I could get into the game. However, I couldn't see the NPCs from Verta Delta - Road of Blessed, which is worse than some of the players' claims that they couldn't see the tents/buildings/bridges/whatnot. Was forced to patch again thinking that maybe it was due to the RTP patches not successfully merging with the game. From then on I kept on getting (and still am, as of this post) that Callback Error - Patch Fail message, even if I'm using the prepatches... :(

Edit: Finally after countless tries, I managed to run the game. Just want to share here what I did for the folks who are still having trouble in hopes that it'll work for them as well:

1. After getting that Patch Bind error for the umpteenth time, I copied patches 62-69 into the Patches folder.

2. Next I opened Version.dat and saw that the values for UserGameVersion and UserPatchVersion reverted back to 61. So I changed them to:

UserGameVersion=00000062;
UserPatchVersion=00000069;

Basically it's like telling the patcher that it has successfully merged 62.rtp into the game AND downloaded 69.rtp into the Patches folder.

3. Afterwards I ran the patcher as administrator and let it do its thing. As expected I got an error, so I repeated step 1. Here's where I got my long-awaited breakthrough. After opening Version.dat, I saw that the values now became:

UserGameVersion=00000062;
UserPatchVersion=00000062;

Looking at the Patches folder however, 62.rtp is still there, but that's because I told the patcher that it's already merged into the game. That's the least of my concerns though. Finally, the two values matched! :D

4. At this point, I just ran the patcher as admin again without changing the values, and voila! Update completed successfully with the final values becoming:

UserGameVersion=00000069;
UserPatchVersion=00000069;

---

Yay I can finally play! Only problem I'm having at the moment is the missing tents/buildings. But I now can see the NPCs just fine.

Hope this helps!

You are my hero.

#353 FilipeFX

FilipeFX

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Well time to throw all the card at the table, tired of keeping this to myself.

For the 3rd day in a row i am trying to get the game updated, but it is a problem after a problem.

It all started with the installer:

--> That "Users" error was strange, tought i found a solution what some players wouldn't even look for.

Then the launcher:

-> RO2Client wasn't updating properly so i closed and ran it several times and then poblem solved.

-> Launcher started updating normally and then just stopped updating. Normally i closed it up and ran it again and brought another problem.

-> Then after doing that close and run solution over and over it was reached the 69.rtp and gave me the error that everyone is talking about. Went for the manual patch solution and it saved me time updating the 63 and 69 rtps just to found what? My launcher isn't downloading the full files at once it just downloads part of them and i have to close and run the launcher again and again untill the files are fully downloaded.

What this makes me think?

Makes me think on giving up on the game. And it's not just me because i know there is several players that a the minor problem they just give up without looking for a solution.

I didn't give up just because i want to try the game so bad that my will to play it makes me more patient but still it's boring and frustating having to close and run the launcher again, and again, and again without even knowing the files' sizes.

What i recommend:

-> Make manual patches of ALL patch files or at least the bigger ones with 50 mb up;

-> Start using .torrent files for download to because that will open a lot o windows for you. You know not every players can direct download all the files so they chase after a .torrent for solution.

-> Renew more often your instaler, as if wasn't bad enough the error it has, you have update files going from 16 to 69. Why don't you include in the instaler more patch files (to 40.trp) so it there will be less problems with updates.

Start thinking on your own, patching problems are your problems to fix. Thank god there are some very kind hearthed players that help other players, because if i were to wait upon you admins, gms or whatever i would die waiting.

I am realy sorry if I am being rude but i'm on the 3rd day in a row updating and doing nothing but this to try fix it, i'm over frustated now!

#354 Lemeesi

Lemeesi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

WTH is the Failed to Initialize Error??? I'm not using steam , I've done every manual Patch and go as far as to reinstall my windows and still the error this only started with the Patch last week , and it's Tuesday already , it's almost a week without a proper solution for the players???

#355 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Wondering if this means people won't be seeing a fix until the 25th... http://forums.warppo...ance-this-week/

Honestly, I'm contemplating downloading the client from the website to test it to see if a fresh install gives me issues like everyone else is having... Because, as someone who isn't currently having any issues updating, if a fresh install causes those issues, then it means something is wrong with whatever client is being installed.

Have the GM/CMs tried doing that?

Seriously, I know you guys can't install anything without permission, but you should be able to test things to find fixes, and if you have to do that on your own free time (even at home), then so be it, because it's your responsibility to the players to get this fixed.

The reason I want to try is because about a week and a half ago, people couldn't even download the game for a period of almost a week. The download gave those people a, "reliable source not specified," error.

I'm beginning to wonder if whatever you guys fixed that with could be causing the issues for people now, because that issue started the week before the Noel patch, and it seems to have been fixed around the time of the Noel patch. If it were the Noel Patch itself, wouldn't everyone have been affected? :p_conf:

However, I'd also suggest people who never had problems before to say so, because it may support the theory.

There are multiple issues currently, and not everyone has all of the issues, and some people are only experiencing one issue. However, the one issue everyone is experiencing is being unable to patch properly, regardless of the error they're given. There needs to be something done (and done fast) to narrow it down.

Warp Portal is partnered with Aeria Games now, so that's another community that experiences bugs, and that's another company that may be able to offer a solution. This should've been fixed before the weekend, though, because you're losing players.

Whether or not the Devs get paid or not for overtime, they have a responsibility to their players to fix such issues. I haven't counted the number of people that have posted in this topic, but I'm going to assume upwards of 100 have posted here saying they can't get in, and just out of assuming, I'm going to assume around 100 more have read the topic and also can't get in/can't patch, but haven't said anything for one reason or another. If you add in the people who don't visit the forums here, or the people who may be using Aeria forums or Steam forums to complain instead, this could mean upwards of 1,000 players unable to patch properly. Not having this fixed before the weekend is inexcusable.

Why is it that players seem to be the ones to come up with more solutions than the Developers? :p_swt:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 17 September 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#356 FilipeFX

FilipeFX

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Why is it that players seem to be the ones to come up with more solutions than the Developers? :p_swt:

About this question i got a quick answer for you.

Free Labor.

Having a Forum is a way of making people socialize and even tide up some things a bit but most of it's reasons to exist is free labor, i'm not saying it's necessarly bad but on this problem we are facing i got to tell you it's a bit of a shame having players doing the roles of people who are paid to do the exact same things.

And i'm not saying the programmers and so on are useless or something, i'm just saying they need to start priorize stuff.

What is probably happening its because the players that are complaining are just a few from the remaing part that can play they are not preorizing this problem. What will be happening, not talking about the % of leavers they will have, this will become a snow ball getting bigger and bigger.

(Sorry for some bad english sometimes but it's not my native language)

Edited by FilipeFX, 17 September 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#357 Stickynote

Stickynote

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Reading all this topic make me feel at private game forum.

#358 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wondering if this means people won't be seeing a fix until the 25th... http://forums.warppo...ance-this-week/

Honestly, I'm contemplating downloading the client from the website to test it to see if a fresh install gives me issues like everyone else is having... Because, as someone who isn't currently having any issues updating, if a fresh install causes those issues, then it means something is wrong with whatever client is being installed.

Have the GM/CMs tried doing that?

I just tried it. Deleted everything Ro2 related off my computer (aside from the Steam version but they are in different locations so it wouldn't matter). I went to the ro2 website, clicked the download rock and logged in. Went through the entire process, including patching 69, and didn't run into any problems.     

Please make sure you uninstalled the original Ro2 off your computer, including any files that are left behind. Then download from the website, and run the installer as admin. 69 is a pretty big patch, so let it stay open for awhile. Depending on your internet speed, it can load at different speeds (mine took around 15 minutes). 

*Also a side note, if you are trying to patch from a client that is from May, you will have to download the new client. It will not patch properly on older clients.

#359 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just tried it. Deleted everything Ro2 related off my computer (aside from the Steam version but they are in different locations so it wouldn't matter). I went to the ro2 website, clicked the download rock and logged in. Went through the entire process, including patching 69, and didn't run into any problems.     

Please make sure you uninstalled the original Ro2 off your computer, including any files that are left behind. Then download from the website, and run the installer as admin. 69 is a pretty big patch, so let it stay open for awhile. Depending on your internet speed, it can load at different speeds (mine took around 15 minutes). 

*Also a side note, if you are trying to patch from a client that is from May, you will have to download the new client. It will not patch properly on older clients.

Mine took 2 hours, but at least it completed.

As for your side note: wait, what?  My patch worked just fine, and I downloaded my client in May. Exactly what issues are caused by patching an older client? :p_cry:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 17 September 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#360 AnimeIsMyLife

AnimeIsMyLife

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'm having problems with fences and rocks not showing up. I restarted many times but it still didn't work.  Any suggestions?

#361 FilipeFX

FilipeFX

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Why didn't you said it earlier, if you did you would've saved up 3 of my last days  :p_cry:

#362 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Mine took 2 hours, but at least it completed.

As for your side note: wait, what?  My patch worked just fine, and I downloaded my client in May. Exactly what issues are caused by patching an older client? :p_cry:

If you were patching every time the patch comes out, then it would be fine. But if you haven't updated/patched the client since May, it won't fully patch up to Noel. We don't exactly know why this is.

#363 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Wow, I feel lucky I didn't have to go through any of this technical stuff. I was able to patch quickly and jump in game right away.

#364 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Whoops

Edited by Bronx, 18 September 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#365 Dragonas941

Dragonas941

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

i just downloaded the manual patch and it worked just fine except for the hack shield update 

#366 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

i just downloaded the manual patch and it worked just fine except for the hack shield update 

Set the following files in your HSHIELD folder to run as Administrator and in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3), then give it a try:

- AhnRpt.exe
- HsLogMgr.exe
- HSUpdate.exe

I'm having problems with fences and rocks not showing up. I restarted many times but it still didn't work.  Any suggestions?

This is happening to everyone in-game right now. Hopefully, they'll fix it next week.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 18 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#367 Pichivoice

Pichivoice

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

For everyone having the ERROR_CALLBACK problem :

I copied the RTP files somewhere else when the error happened, then I copied them back into the PATCHES folder.

Then I put them in READ ONLY and started the patcher. And it finally worked, though the patching was slow as hell.  

When it's all done, don't forget to empty our patches folder cause the patcher won't be able to do it since the files are read only.

If it works for you please spread the word.

I've been stuck with 63 to 69 but now it's all good and I can play the game.

#368 Maleficent1

Maleficent1

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Im getting a call back error at 50% patching and then it fails? what to do

#369 Maleficent1

Maleficent1

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Im getting a call back error at 50% patching and then it fails? what to do

disregard this I uninstalled game and am reinstalling I couldn't find the patch folder. So im gonna try this first

#370 Rengoku7

Rengoku7

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Это просто издевательство какое-то!

Разработчики, если вы не доведёте до ума клиент игры и не начнёте относиться к игрокам по-человечески, игроки от вас просто сбегут!

Например на сервера SEA. Там хоть и пинг больше, зато никаких проблем с установкой патчей или самой игры нет...

#371 Rengoku7

Rengoku7

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

I don't know why, but it suddenly worked...

I didn't do anything special, just run the updater...

But!... When I tried to create a Noel, I was not able to change my character's looks. And can't even rotate him!

Those bugs pisses me off :p_ang:

(sorry for Google translate :p_err: )

#372 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't know why, but it suddenly worked...

I didn't do anything special, just run the updater...

But!... When I tried to create a Noel, I was not able to change my character's looks. And can't even rotate him!

Those bugs pisses me off :p_ang:

(sorry for Google translate :p_err: )

Choose a profession, then you can modify your character.

For some reason, they made it a requirement a while back. You did not always have to do so.

Google Translate isn't really something to use if you do not have to use it, but it does have its uses.

Russian (via Google Translate):

Spoiler

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 20 September 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#373 Maleficent1

Maleficent1

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

ya well I lied still not working on patch 69 damn thing stuck 50% on callback blarg as a pirate would say

#374 Maleficent1

Maleficent1

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

ya well I lied still not working on patch 69 damn thing stuck 50% on callback blarg as a pirate would say

nvm holly -_- balls it fixed itself

#375 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

nvm holly -_- balls it fixed itself

These things often do. It's more likely for things to just work themselves out and fix themselves, or for players to fix them, than for the Devs to actually listen to our pleas.

Still, they DO listen... Sometimes... :p_err:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users