Stigma Debuff - What exactly does it do? - Alter - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Stigma Debuff - What exactly does it do?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phhilu

Phhilu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Most if not all builds I've seen flying around focus on the DoTs, which is why I guess I can't really find an explanation of it anywhere.

But what exactly does the Stigma debuff do, and how is its synergy with everything else - e.g. DoTs?

The debuff, when moused over, says: "Inflicts additional damage when using skills with Stigma".

Does this mean that skills that also inflict Stigma, or have it specified in their description (e.g. Land of Darkness, Curse Burst) gains an increase of damage, or are there more to it?

The whole thing is kind of vague for me.

Edited by Phhilu, 12 September 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#2 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

From what I can tell based on forum chatter, my observations ingame, and an instinctive feel of this game's strange Korean brand of Engrish it seems to have exactly as much effect as thief combo points, just that more things interact with them. That is to say that they have no effect other than the listed interactions from skills. I think they just increase Curse Burst, Land of Darkness, and Tempest damage. Contingency maybe? That one's especially unclear. Makes me really wonder what I'm supposed to do with them as an Alter. Curse Burst doesn't seem to be very useful for single targets and there's no AoE stigma till the job change.

#3 Phhilu

Phhilu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

That would be my first guess as well, but it seems to me like some people put it as a reason for adding points in Diem Wind. That's what I see as an useless reasoning,unless it does more than just that (i'm aware of the fact that Diem Wind is a filler skill as well, but I'm talking strictly about Stigma here).

#4 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

I need to test Stigma Mastery more (only lvl 28 atm) but my theory is that stigma mastery (increases crit chance on target with stigma) works for each stigma stack, which at max level would be 5% crit chance for each stack of stigma.  I don't have enough skill points yet to test it with both diem wind & stigma mastery maxed, but if that's true, that's the only way I could see crescentia being considered OP.  Because every time you reach 5 stacks of stigma that would be 25% more crit chance.

It would make sense too since stigma seems to only last a very short time (5 - 10 seconds?) and must be built up again at close range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users