28 replies to this topic

#1 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

It's finally here! The VEP hosted Scavenger Hunt! We hope you all enjoy it.

Rules: You must take a screenshot of the answer with your portrait showing and your character in the shot. The first three to message all of the correct answers to either Lanie or me through the forums will win. You may edit your posts, but only your time for the last edit will count! Please do not post the answers or hints here as this will disqualify you. You have until 11:59 PM server time for Sunday's riddles.

Happy hunting!

1. I've heard robots dream of electric sheep… but do they milk mechanical ones?

2. That poor kid, he keeps losing his toy box.  No idea where it might be this time.

3. I've placed a reservation in a hotel somewhere in Rune-Midgarts, but I can’t find it.

4. “Ah… Ah… ACHOO!!”

5. This artistic perfection captures the legend of Excalibur so well for all time.

6. Most craftsmen know what they are doing, but this one I know has failed every time.

7. There is nothing so captivating as a floating fountain pouring water out from nothing.

8. I got that Anti-Forever-Alone Pollen for my brother, I wonder if I should get some for myself too?

9. Woah!  This huge thing… wait, that’s no mouse!

10. Poor creatures.  They are actually monsters misunderstood, even though they hate the Frejanty too.  So cute, nyat!

The prize is something you can't yet get in game, not even through fusion! Winners will receive a Scar of Glory.

x3X2LWO.png

Scavenger Hunt Winners: Ostella, Ewari, and Doppio. Congratulations! I will message you when you can expect your prize.

Edited by Zaridragonfly, 16 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#2 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Good luck to all participants.

#3 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

...Well, since I didn't get a single entry for Saturday, I'll be extending those riddles to Sunday.

#4 Ostella

Ostella

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Just sent my entry to Zari :3

I'm a little worried about some of them not being quite right xD but fingers crossed.

#5 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Be sure to join before it is too late for your chance to win a Permanent Scar of Glory.

#6 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

x3X2LWO.png

That dude is trippin' out. Looks like he's been licking toads all day.

#7 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

That dude is trippin' out. Looks like he's been licking toads all day.

...I believe that's actually Njoror.

#8 Shinui

Shinui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

What time is it? x3

#9 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

What time is it? x3

Adventure Time?

| (• ◡•)| 人(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

#10 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Since the hunt is over, I will post the answers here. We will announce the official winners a bit later.

1. I've heard robots dream of electric sheep… but do they milk mechanical ones?

Spoiler

2. That poor kid, he keeps losing his toy box.  No idea where it might be this time.

Spoiler

You did not have to have both Narco and the toybox for this to count. However, still needed to have Narco in the screenshot.

3. I've placed a reservation in a hotel somewhere in Rune-Midgarts, but I can’t find it.

Spoiler

4. “Ah… Ah… ACHOO!!”

Spoiler

You didn't have to have the npc chat window open for this to count. I just wanted to show the relevance.

5. This artistic perfection captures the legend of Excalibur so well for all time.

Spoiler

The statue in CoA (I think it's CoA) wouldn't have counted for this since we were not using anything that was in a dungeon. My apologies for not remembering to mention this.

6. Most craftsmen know what they are doing, but this one I know has failed every time.

Spoiler

7. There is nothing so captivating as a floating fountain pouring water out from nothing.

Spoiler

8. I got that Anti-Forever-Alone Pollen for my brother, I wonder if I should get some for myself too?

Spoiler

The Glain in West Mt.Mjolnir would have also counted for this. I derped and didn't realize she was two maps. 

9. Woah!  This huge thing… wait, that’s no mouse!

Spoiler

10. Poor creatures.  They are actually monsters misunderstood, even though they hate the Frejanty too.  So cute, nyat!

Spoiler

I hope you all enjoyed the event!

Edited by Zaridragonfly, 16 September 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#11 sangpham12

sangpham12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

ehh....how do i know number 10 when i didnt even go there once >"< anyway, 4 wrong answers >"<

#12 5264130711163607907

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Eh, got 3 wrong.

#13 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Clever event locations..didn't even bother since: "The first three to message all of the correct answers" . . . and there lies why I'm not motivated :(

#14 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Clever event locations..didn't even bother since: "The first three to message all of the correct answers" . . . and there lies why I'm not motivated :(

Not as many people participated as we had anticipated, so we decided to go with the three who had 8+ answers first. I wish we could have picked more winners, but not a single person submitted an entry for Saturday. And there simply wasn't enough people who entered.

#15 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

The problem with Scavenger hunts is that you literally blow your mind trying to guess locations that you're more likely fail, therefore, is not worth waste 1- 7hrs doing something you may be wrong. This is one of the few events i just gave up after being alot of hrs trying to guess how many possibilities of locations may be correct. (Specifically the one with pets and specific channels, that was a pain)

And about rewards, isn't something else WP could give? It's all about Costumes and Accessories, i'm pretty sure i'd reward people with more things if i was a CM than just costumes and stuff like that, cuz they depend of devs to create a "new unique super power/fashion costume/accessory" and we ALL know how it ends when it comes from Gravity. I rather 10 karniums than a costume i'll recieve 2 months later.

Another tip, try to reward more people, just 3 guys from for example 100 participating is simply not fair, if you want to motivate people in some way, "try" to reward the most quantity, it doesn't matter what reward, but i assure you, people will follow your events.

Don't take it badly, i'm just doing a constructive criticism.

PS: PvP Tournaments!! Please.

#16 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

1. Our riddles were very, very specific. They were picked and worded with that being the ONLY solution in mind. In the event no one had them all correct, we would choose those who got the most correct.

2. Scar of Glory fits with the current pirate event theme going on right now, and it's something you can't even get in the game yet. We thought it would be fun being one out of three people in the whole game having something no one else has. You can get Karnium easily. You can blow through that 10 trying to upgrade a weapon, only having to fail. Then who gets bitched at for giving out a prize that wasn't guaranteed or permanent? We do. 

3. Unfortunately, your "constructive criticism" is based on ignorance. No one entered for Saturday, and there were only 9 valid entries on Sunday. I had already stated there would be only three winners for Sunday anyway.

There is a pvp tournament being planned. Hopefully more than 9 or 10 people enter it.

#17 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

If nobody entered on your event and just 9 entries even when they saw it, in-game and forums, then, i don't need to explain or argue anything else.

I stated rewarding more people from very past events, not now where nobody wants to participate, me included. If you think my criticisms are ignorant and you're right, then keep doing the GREAT job.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

To tell you the truth, I do kinda agree with Vau. The concept of the event isn't bad if you don't have an end date for it. Keep it open until the required number of players win before you end it. Sure there might be that scenario where those answers would be shared off, but that does give people the idea that there's still that chance they could still win if they keep trying. Plus, the greater number of rewards you can hand out means more people can win. The number of players participating in events normally directly corresponds to the number of rewards available.

It is a limited edition not-seen-yet headgear though. The limited amount is justified in this case. Although I'd rather they have chosen something that's more open to having more winners in the long run that people would be interested in getting.

#19 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Okay, sure, let's have a ton of people enter the event and give everyone who enters the event the same rare prize. :p_err:

It's a hard event with a rare prize for a reason. If you want or expect things presented to you on a silver platter, I suggest you look else where. But nice try with your jackass sarcasm.  :p_hi:

This topic was meant for the event only, not to get whined at. If anyone has suggestions about events, they are welcome to do so in another topic.

To tell you the truth, I do kinda agree with Vau. The concept of the event isn't bad if you don't have an end date for it. Keep it open until the required number of players win before you end it. Sure there might be that scenario where those answers would be shared off, but that does give people the idea that there's still that chance they could still win if they keep trying. Plus, the greater number of rewards you can hand out means more people can win. The number of players participating in events normally directly corresponds to the number of rewards available.

It is a limited edition not-seen-yet headgear though. The limited amount is justified in this case. Although I'd rather they have chosen something that's more open to having more winners in the long run that people would be interested in getting.

For the next scavenger hunt, I'll discuss with them about making it longer or open-ended. And because of the prize itself, a lot couldn't be given out. If you guys want a crappy reward that a lot of people can get, then that's fine. I'll remember that for next time. (More 7 day Roda Hats incoming!) 

You also have to remember I am not paid to do this, and I'm still feeling out what the community wants for events and rewards. This is only my second official event. Things will run more smoothly as I run more events. 

Edited by Zaridragonfly, 16 September 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#20 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

i pass this one mainly because the scar does not look as cool as Zeras's  :heh: :heh:

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'm not saying it isn't cool to have people like you doing these events. We need more people like you. Just be open minded on suggestions from other players, think of the players and what things they'd like, and be creative but not too punishing. The Scavenger Hunt concept is actually one of the more favored events we've seen thus far when executed properly.

If you guys are doing events this often though, temporary unique headgears wouldn't actually be such a bad choice. Rodafrog isn't something I'd choose though.  :P  But if the Scar of Glory were temporary in the first place, you could actually hand more of those out and provide more room for winners. Make it a 30 day headgear or something. That's just one suggestion where you could broaden the horizon.

#22 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

personally I like scavenger hunts just because I like to rack my brain over cracking riddles

#23 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

I personally prefer events with a deadline set, reason being that for Scavenger Hunts you can waste a lot of time searching when there are already enough winners. It also takes time to sift through the entries so it's difficult for the VEPs to immediately let the people know when the winner spots have been filled. However, if they can constantly monitor the entries and end the event when the winners have been determined, then sure, it's fine to keep it open-ended.

The lack of participants is the only issue with this event, but the event wasn't widely announced until Sunday and was hiding in the subforum. By then, people see that the event had already been going on for Saturday as well so it's easy for them to assume that their chances of winning is slim and would therefore decide to sit out.

If the number of entries had been as many as they had been in Zanbee's events, the prize (originally planned as 3 per day) would have made sense. Of course, there could be consolation prizes for all participants, like a 3 Day VIP or a 7 Day costume.

#24 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

GuardianTK, I actually liked your suggestion. It was just Vau's attitude I didn't care for. 

Gluttannie, I really wanted to have consolation prizes, but it just sort of fell by the wayside. 

#25 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I personally didn't participate because I only knew 4 (numbers 2, 4, 6, and 8) of the answers, and only found out about the event 3 hours before the end time.

Anyway, can I suggest perhaps using a Permanent Match for the next event reward? :p_laugh: I dunno why, but I love this thing, and I'm going to hate to see it go.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users