Whaddya think of this build for farming? - Page 4 - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Whaddya think of this build for farming?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I suppose, but you kinda need to be in a (fresh) party to fly if you're going that route.  Succeeded in soloing Eremes using 11 master reds, I feel it's going to take a lot of practice but that I can whittle it down.  I kinda want to try more dps than embus spam though; with a mermaid I can slow down Eremes whenever I want to kite and, since I've got a lvl 3 mermaid, prolly do more DPS.  Aside from that, I've calculated that, compared to the Colo Claw that I have now, if I can get my hands on a Hell's Valkyrie Claw and refine it to +10 I'll get a 150% increase in attack power compared to what I've got now.

...that being said, it's highly expensive and there isn't even a vendor for the Pitch Darkness Valkyrie Claw atm, so I'll either have to be patient and farm eremes for the zeny to pay for it in the meantime, or just settle for the AoD H Claw whenever AoD H decides it'll finally drop that.

#77 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Dude, going to those heighs... all I can say is... what for?!

Just jump in and kill him now >___>!!!

It'll feel better that way >=D!

Take on the challenge!! Good luck!

#78 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I won the challenge, even though it's merely based on luck and by now close to impossible to solve. So what now? Do you think it's worth to farm Eremes this way? Challenges are okay, unless you have to do them over and over hundreds of times, and you wont get better, because the trouble factor is a bug and not your skills. Eremes DNA is sold by now for under 2k, there is no way I could see why this would be worth doing without an embus and gear good enough to feel solid.

#79 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

I won the challenge, even though it's merely based on luck and by now close to impossible to solve. So what now? Do you think it's worth to farm Eremes this way? Challenges are okay, unless you have to do them over and over hundreds of times, and you wont get better, because the trouble factor is a bug and not your skills. Eremes DNA is sold by now for under 2k, there is no way I could see why this would be worth doing without an embus and gear good enough to feel solid.

Yh, I figured Eremes DNA would be going down in price, but has it really gone down that much?  Geez, I haven't checked often enough.  I'm pretty sure Embus is still at 1300 or so, and would theoretically be quicker to farm, so I might try that next if Eremes is seriously under 2k.

Although I don't have Eremes as a pet yet, I might just farm Eremes for his DNA, cuz, y'know, spent all this time working on it, why buy the DNA from AH when you can just farm it yourself.

Also, I kinda wanna try farming GL, but I get the feeling Sin is just plain wrong for that kind of battle, and that I'd've been better going with Sorcerer for it.

Oh well, at least I've got an OP char that I can look to in the future for many farming challenges, as opposed to before when my Monk was my only OP char, what with its lack of DPS.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 07 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#80 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

@Velouce:

I meant it for 2534. I know you already did it, sooo well yea, thats something, but he sorta reminds me of myself when I say "nah, not yet, Im not yet good enough to do this" and then go when Im extremelly overgeared and feel it just wasn't worth it...

He should give it a shot now that he has the full colo gear :V!

Now that if your goal is farming till getting it for yourself... well >___> good luck finding an easy, or at the very least, reliable way to do it.

Edited by Leinzan, 07 October 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#81 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

@Velouce:

I meant it for 2534. I know you already did it, sooo well yea, thats something, but he sorta reminds me of myself when I say "nah, not yet, Im not yet good enough to do this" and then go when Im extremelly overgeared and feel it just wasn't worth it...

He should give it a shot now that he has the full colo gear :V!

Now that if your goal is farming till getting it for yourself... well >___> good luck finding an easy, or at the very least, reliable way to do it.

As I said before, I actually did try and succeed using 11 master red potions, as far as the challenge goes I completed it.  IK this thread's been all over the place sort of, but as the title suggests it's mainly focused on being able to farm successfully; I've succeeded in soloing eremes, but can I farm him is the question, and, as you said, it's difficult, and with the price of Eremes DNA supposedly going down isn't worth it supposedly.

EDIT: On the subject of soloing him though, it was a challenge, I almost died to that friggin' tornado (200-300 HP left at one point), but I did it from start to finish, and it was awesome. :3

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 07 October 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#82 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Heeeh then embus you go XD!

Congratulations btw, didn't understand that part >=P!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users