Classic: 2013 patch notes part VI: The Undiscovered Country - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VI: The Undiscovered Country

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

#26 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

so whats it going to be?

I Hate you Oda. Should I quit playing then

Edited by battle, 18 September 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#27 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

S> nails for coffins

#28 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Well seems like i can only get one Ancient oca since i only got 3 ocas xD well i hope i get something good 

#29 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

In the Classic storyline, it's likely that Satan Morroc will be defeated before Morroc is destroyed. With high end content updated to Veins/Nameless, we are focusing on the early-mid game for improvements.

My morroc is actually destroyed :p_swt:

its always been destroyed

anyway... is there an estimated timeline for satan morroc and moscovia :questionmark:

(killing mandragoras with a lvl 90 character is time consuming and slow and non rewarding... and itd be nice to have access to dimensional rift for leveling)

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

The OCA ratio is ok depending on where the ACA come from. If they come from guild treasures, then they're entering the game at a pretty fast rate. Admittedly it sucks to have lost X months of chances to get something that should have been available months ago, but then again, when getting 10 ACAs a day is feasible maybe it's not that bad.

To Clarify tho, it's only "ok". I'm not happy about it either! I've lost a huge amount of potential ACAs!

Edited by Xellie, 18 September 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#31 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Why is everyone QQing about 3:1 ratio? Either trade them in or dont. You should be happy they are putting the new ocas in.  Where is the list of the "New" cards added in ACAs.??

Secondly is there going to be area insta spawn snipers and hwiz or not? Otherwise the spotlight doesnt mean a whole lot unless you would add it to boss type monsters.

Edited by MattyL904, 18 September 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Likely going to be running about an hour longer for maintenance guys. 

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Card rates doubled by default on all monsters

Please please please don't let this apply to MVPs. This server is too small for high numbers of MVP cards. Yes I want a gtb too. But MVPs are killed pretty much all the time and this is a horrible idea.

#34 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I agree

What made you guys think of this sudden change? That idea isn't random and sounds like someone cried enough that card drop rates suck. It always has been!

#35 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

My morroc is actually destroyed :p_swt:

its always been destroyed

Maybe something wrong patched. I remember that my morroc was destroyed once too. But the morroc people rebuilt it very fast :)

@Oda

Any update on the progress of 20point stat reset and food update? 

A PvP Room NPC(who shows the number of people in pvp) in prontera would be nice to see soon. I want to have some pvp fun.

#36 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Why is everyone QQing about 3:1 ratio? Either trade them in or dont. You should be happy they are putting the new ocas in.  

No, this is ridiculous.  Once again, the administration has both made and reneged on decisions that the community supported.  This game is in dire straits right now; there is no need to continue to make the playerbase angry.    As was already discussed in the discussion thread, there is no reason not to have had the OCA update already.  The reason that it wasn't in at the beginning, and rightfully so, was because of the much smaller card table from which the cards dropping would be selected.  There is absolutely no reason for continuing to offend and hurt the community in this way.

I'm not trying to flame here, but this needs to be said.

#37 Jxwilliam

Jxwilliam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

yeah about those 20 points reset....

#38 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Don't double card rate on

Golden thief bug

Thanatos 

Samurai Specter

Fallen bishop

Tao Gunka

Detale

High wizard

Kiel

Lord knight

Lord of the death

Orc hero

Whitesmith

Assassin Cross

Thank you.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

@Melkor: The rate needed to change because of econ farming and no comp *cough* but it is really steep. Watching certain guilds* getting 30+ OCAs a day then demanding 3:2 is really bad.

They had to change something.

*Not mine.

#40 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

ALL CARDS DOUBLED?!

That is actually amazing! Card hunting and making essential gear should not be as time consuming as it normally is, or bot relient.

But now then...

2x MVP CARDS?!?!?! Oda you said you WERENT drinking Maitais. I think you lied to us. PLEASE OF THE LOVE OF CLASSIC STOP THIS. If you flood the server with MVP cards, you will kill it. End of discussion.

#41 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

@Melkor: The rate needed to change because of econ farming and no comp *cough* but it is really steep. Watching certain guilds* getting 30+ OCAs a day then demanding 3:2 is really bad.

They had to change something.

*Not mine.

I'm not quite sure why you're talking about econ farming as if you're blaming me or my guild for it.  Your guild is the one with the econned forts.  

"Demanding" 3:2 shouldn't be happening in the first place.  There isn't even a reason for it not to be 1:1.  It is how the game was intended.  

#42 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

The card rate is something that is still being experimented with. We want to encourage people to hunt cards that need to be entering the market, and the boost to specific monster cards will be re-lowered in the course of the project. 

#43 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

My issue with it is that for the last two months the thread linked has said 3:2 and on the eve of release it's slashed. I can understand why with the recent insane drop rates etc. But it still doesnt make me that happy.

I've definitely got to agree with the people saying dont touch the MVP card rate, it's going to get out of hand eventually, right now it's pretty easy to get times for well...anything just because the population is so small.

As for the people saying "God at least we're getting it guys!" it comes back to the point that this is how Classic was, these were available, like unbound gear, like Bio3 with area spawns. This is how the server should have been around release, it's people being finally worn down enough to be happy about any positive change. I was talking about it with a couple of people last night and instead of being up in arms about the rate getting changed, they just dont care. Most people are just at the point where they've invested their time/effort/$$$ into a server and while they can still find some enjoyment out of it will keep sorta playing, but really cant be encouraged to give a -_-.

Edited by Themes, 18 September 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#44 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Why double card rate? There was like a couple week (unbinding ect) period that I had some tiny amount of faith in the management of the game. Your killing the server more so now.

The failure of Classic has nothing to do with the community, it is entirely the management ignoring the community that will cause it to die further. 

Put the ratio as 3:2 and don't mess with drop rates. The more you "customize" the server the more damage you do. Just look at the Classic timeline for proof.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 18 September 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#45 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wow you don't want to put Bloody Branch but you put double card drops on mvp hum yea i see...

Players want instant High Wizard in bio and GM TEAM prefer to add one thing no one want double the card in mini-boss/MVP.

What are you doing seriously?

Edited by azertygf, 18 September 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#46 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

3:1 OCA is fine but don't double the card rate drop Oda!

#47 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

3:1 OCA is fine. Card drop increase too but not for MvPs. Card drop increase is important to be able to get cards without bots.

Players want a Battleground Staff for Super Novices that enables StormGust lvl5~10. And food update...

#48 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

I like the idea of doubling the card drop of mvps.  Its prolly b.c I am one of the few people who hold down mvps on a regular basis.  The people who dont want the mvp cards added in are the players who don't/rarely kill mvps with cards that are game changing.  

Melkor what guild are you from?

Edited by MattyL904, 18 September 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#49 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

You realize even with the doubled drop rate, no one is actually going to care enough to go and hunt those cards.  It will just be easier for the bots to get them and the prices will go down slightly.  That's all.

Trust me, I kill MVPs on a regular basis, and there's no reason to double card rates on them, or any monster.  I don't understand why we continue to stray from the way that the game was intended to be played.  

Edited by Melkor, 18 September 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#50 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

tried to log on a few days ago, both classic and renewal clients only gave me renewal server to log in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users