Stave Crasher - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Stave Crasher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I want to base a mage build on the usage of the skill Stave Crasher. I am posting in this sub-forum, because I am not posting a full build, as much as I am looking to create a possible new (or old) strategy for mages. What I am looking for is help to make this idea I have into a possible make build or make the skill a better damage outlet.

So Stave Crasher is a skill that uses MATK and ATK to deal physical damage. The attack is affected by the element of your weapon, effects the weapon does, and cards. The attack also is blocked by PneumaFrom my knowledge the spell is mainly you just taking your basic attack, adding your MATK to the equation, and hitting the enemy with it from a range. (Because of this, maybe it is possible to have it activate auto-cast abilities?)

I have seen people in PvP and WoE using Stave Crasher to apply status effects onto enemies, which I think is nice, but not exactly what I am wanting.

Stave Crasher's cast time and skill delay is very short, allowing for easy spam-ability. I want to see if the skill can easily reach 1000-1200 damage with one shot, and if auto-cast items such as CD in Mouth activate on hit.

This page has a little info on Stave Crasher, though it's a little dated: http://forums.irowik...read.php?t=7168

I'll post later an item and stat build idea.

I am open to criticism and ideas, this is why I posted this.

Edited by st4rw4k3r, 16 September 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Autocast effects do not proc from skills, even physical ones. Only status effects (incl mailbreaker, etc). 

You cannot get the damage high enough to make it useful or effective for killing stuff in PVM. It's only useful for poking monsters to get their attention. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 September 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#3 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

Never.

#4 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

This almost sounds like my battle warlock build, though not really (if that even makes sense). I've done 3k Stave Crashers before with my battle warlock. Also the only way you'll make autocasts work is with my build (melee), as Azzy mentioned you can't proc them from skills. Melee warlocks are actually pretty deadly too. I can actually outDPS most melee attackers, and they're fun to use with Mental Destroyer.

Edited by AvalonEir, 16 September 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#5 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Autocast effects do not proc from skills, even physical ones. Only status effects (incl mailbreaker, etc). 

You cannot get the damage high enough to make it useful or effective for killing stuff in PVM. It's only useful for poking monsters to get their attention. 

Thank you for the info.

This almost sounds like my battle warlock build, though not really (if that even makes sense). I've done 3k Stave Crashers before with my battle warlock. Also the only way you'll make autocasts work is with my build (melee), as Azzy mentioned you can't proc them from skills. Melee warlocks are actually pretty deadly too. I can actually outDPS most melee attackers, and they're fun to use with Mental Destroyer.

I would be interested in seeing your Battle Warlock build, I don't believe I have ever seen a warlock focus on melee.

#6 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

The most I can do is tell you about it since I stopped playing my battle warlock at 109 and sold all his gears long ago. It's mostly about using autocast gears because the best weapon to use is a Staff of Destruction due to it giving 10 AGI, high Matk and has one of the best Atk stats compared to other staves. Staves also do 100% full damage to all sizes. Among the very very very few battle high wizards/warlocks I've seen, they still use Dagger of Counter, which becomes a not so good weapon, but acceptable for non-trans wizards since they can't wear SoDs.

When it comes to gears, +12 Staff of Destruction FS enchanted, Snake Head, Kettle Hat, Small Poring Band, CD in Mouth, +9 HBP, +12 Dull BLB, Owl Baron Cursed Hand, RoFL, etc are all good choices. Those are pretty much some of the gears I used, except my SoD was only +9 and Malangdo enchants weren't out yet, and Small Poring Bands didn't exist yet either. In PvP, +12 Mental Destroyer and CD in Mouth are amazing. I don't recommend this for WoE whatsoever.

Stats are just like any other melee attacker, except you'll want some INT for the autocasts. I can reach 190+ ASPD with 100 AGI, said gears, Inc AGI, Berserk Potion, Celermine, etc.

Anyway this is mostly a "for fun" build (much like your Stave Crasher build I suppose). Glad to find another person interested and curious about it! Honestly talking about this makes me wanna play battle-type warlock again. Gotta miss the people giving me /omg emotes everytime they saw me whacking stuff. Also about your Stave Crasher build: I don't really think it'll work. Even as a battle build it'll be better just Ctrl clicking stuff, and using Stave Crasher takes a lot of clicking (like Manual warging). If anything, it's just for passing status effects like you said, or interrupting enemy casts.

#7 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for the info! I think I'll go for a melee build instead!

#8 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

I doubt it's possible anymore but in pre-renewal there was an Hwiz who used Stave Crasher in conjunction with icewall and safetywall to solo ifrit. I don't recall how much damage he did or how long it took him to kill stuff, but he was doing it with a normal wiz build.

#9 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Hmm interesting.

I do know that people used it more in pre-renewal, which is part of the reason why I wanted to do this.

But solo-ing Ifrit? That's a little too crazy to believe. I would have to see it to believe it.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

I doubt it's possible anymore but in pre-renewal there was an Hwiz who used Stave Crasher in conjunction with icewall and safetywall to solo ifrit. I don't recall how much damage he did or how long it took him to kill stuff, but he was doing it with a normal wiz build.

I remember hearing about that. I didn't think it was stave crasher, though I'm sure stave crasher was used in setting it up. Can't be done due to renewal SW nerf in any case.

What you'd do is tank it at max range, with IW's all around it and between it and you and I think behind you too so you couldn't get knocked back. The mob would be stuck in the iW, and you'd be at max range, so it couldn't use a bunch of it's skills, and SW would absorb it's normal attacks. There may have been a GTB involved too to block magic, I forget. 

#11 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

I have an Expanded SuNo who's lvl 100. This is one of the skills available to choose from. Should I take it?

I can no longer reset skills via Hypnotist so I'm kinda careful what I choose :)

My eSN is melee BTW.

VModCinnamon:
Hello! Please do not bump ancient topics, you may start a fresh topic on the same though, thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 February 2017 - 03:19 AM.
Lock note.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

Dont.

0 user(s) are reading this topic