[Pets in Raids] How to kill any raid boss with 2 players (w/ Vids) - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Pets in Raids] How to kill any raid boss with 2 players (w/ Vids)

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#51 Lestat5

Lestat5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

i  think its funny how there are so many people out there thinks we are reporting this "abuse" because we cant make anymore money from running people from rat anymore..or think we doing this because others wont be able to get any gears from AOD.  If we really wanted to be d*cks...we would b setting up a service selling AOD tokens for 15k a piece...AND YES I KNOW THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WILLING TO PAY US, and with those money we'll b getting all our member can get eremes EASILY and if u dont believe me try me. Considering we already cleared AOD H with 9 people without using stun pets, we would b carrying 3 people at a time ensuring us 75k zeny per run using stun pets, believe me... if we were to abuse these pet CC we would b taking it to a whole new level.

It is obvious how broken this pet issue is, and u guys can say we do care about this game because we actually do enjoy playing this game and would like to continue playing this game together, considering we are a old guild from a really old server.

p.s. i really wonder how this topic woulda progressed if someone from a different guild was to post it.

You've just said it. You can kill boss without pets, meaning others will be needing your help once the pet stun is removed, so more customers for you. Right now with the current stun skill that the pets have no one needs your SERVICE anymore. RIGHT?

#52 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

You've just said it. You can kill boss without pets, meaning others will be needing your help once the pet stun is removed, so more customers for you. Right now with the current stun skill that the pets have no one needs your SERVICE anymore. RIGHT?

U wanna try? U have no idea how many people been PMing me wanting to buy AOD tokens, if WP doesnt decide to fix this we might as well just set up a service and speed up the rate of this server becoming SEARO2.v2

p.s. no1 in our guild has a eremes pet, but each and everyone of us can afford a eremes pet, but if u want to see how much damage we can do to this server with each and everyone of us buying one...try us :heh:

#53 Lestat5

Lestat5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

U wanna try? U have no idea how many people been PMing me wanting to buy AOD tokens, if WP doesnt decide to fix this we might as well just set up a service and speed up the rate of this server becoming SEARO2.v2

p.s. no1 in our guild has a eremes pet, but each and everyone of us can afford a eremes pet, but if u want to see how much damage we can do to this server with each and everyone of us buying one...try us :heh:

Go ahead just don't forget your not the only one from SEARO here..  :heh:

#54 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

This is the stupidest post you've made so far. I just can't not reply anymore. 

If you're not skilled enough to figure out how to raid with your guild/friends, the way HyVent has, and do it Legitimately, the way HyVent did, stop complaining. 

The amount of money you can make in the marketplace is determined by the amount of Value you can contribute. HyVent not only figured out how to run and complete all Raid content, they even SHARED their methods with EVERYONE. 

Did they have to do that? No, they could've kept their tactics a secret, let us fumble around and fail and work it out for ourselves, but they've done the entire community a great service by writing those guides. 

If anything, they are an inspiration to the rest of us struggling and learning end game raid mechanics that there is hope. 

There is no great reward without sacrifice, expecting to clear raid content without investment in time/effort/resources is stupid. 

You sir, are stupid.

They deserve every rupee they make because they figured out how to do thing legitimately before others did, on top of that they shared and didn't just keep it to themselves.

Now, they've figured out another mechanic that is broken in the game, and rather than keeping it a secret and abusing it for as long as they can, they publicly announce it and show us all how it's done and how broken the pet system is. 

That is a selfless action. Everything I've seen them do is in service to the community. If you can't see that, you are not just stupid you are also blind.

Leave HyVent alone just because you're jealous they can do the things you Wish you could do.

Gawwddd. 

#55 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Go ahead just don't forget your not the only one from SEARO here..  :heh:

lol? none of us is from SEARO in my guild, dont need to b from SEARO to know how to do this...

#56 Lestat5

Lestat5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Now, they've figured out another mechanic that is broken in the game, and rather than keeping it a secret and abusing it for as long as they can, they publicly announce it and show us all how it's done and how broken the pet system is. 

You MORON are more STUPID! that bug that they discovered is not a secret and others are also doing it now not only them.

One of the AVID CUSTOMERS is guess.. :heh:

#57 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

but if u want to see how much damage we can do to this server with each and everyone of us buying one...try us :heh:

I would like to see that, really. Hyvent: The MMO destroyers. Do us that favor and end this game once and for all.

:no1:

#58 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

anyways, sorry lestat, but the bottom line is, we're not trying to sabotage anyone's progression... we don't want the server's raiding atmosphere to become like SEA's, it really is just that...

and by the way, like I said before, we thought that this was an EXPLOIT, it has been reported about a week or so after AoD was out. There's even proof:

Spoiler

we've told the GMs EVERYTHING wayyy before this thread... You see Sept 8? Before Sept 8, it took 1-2 AoD runs of testing and stuff (because we're not from sea! ^_^), to make sure that we give out completely accurate info.

I dunno how hard this is to see, but we're actually... not against you o.O

#59 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

You MORON are more STUPID! that bug that they discovered is not a secret and others are also doing it now not only them.

One of the AVID CUSTOMERS is guess.. :heh:

I've never bought a Thing from HyVent. Please stop your idiocy. You're just proving how stupid you are. Gawd. People lose IQ just by talking to you. Stop trying to make us all as stupid as you. 

#60 Lestat5

Lestat5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

anyways, sorry lestat, but the bottom line is, we're not trying to sabotage anyone's progression... we don't want the server's raiding atmosphere to become like SEA's, it really is just that...

and by the way, like I said before, we thought that this was an EXPLOIT, it has been reported about a week or so after AoD was out. 

[/spoiler]

Well if that's the case hope they decide what to do about this sooner rather than later..  

#61 Lestat5

Lestat5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

I've never bought a Thing from HyVent. Please stop your idiocy. You're just proving how stupid you are. Gawd. People lose IQ just by talking to you. Stop trying to make us all as stupid as you. 

Yeah stop talking to me, you will loose the very last IQ you have. You're already down to 1 before you even started reading my post now i think you have -IQ left.. Sorry didn't mean to take the last drop of your IQ.. Let me buy you some from KAFRA shop as a payment.. :heh:   

Edited by Lestat5, 17 September 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#62 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Wow, hey kids, stop name-calling and firing back at each other for silly off topic "I know you're stupid but what am I?" comments please.

This is a legitimate concern, and while pets are there to help, I too agree that it's too easy to use pets to nerf bosses.

I would propose locking DNA so that one couldn't just simply p2w with them.  Also, I would like to second the proposal for a global or increased cd for the pets.  Many of use farmed countless hours to get our pets to xx% so that our CD could be xx seconds, only to have it all changed to 30s at about 50% completion.  It's so cheap to buy all the DNA for 100 pets, or whatever the 30s CD is.

Lock DNA so that it's no tradeable, change CD back to the % based system, and this problem will go away.  Another option is to lower the efect of the pets on bosses.

#63 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Lock DNA so that it's no tradeable, change CD back to the % based system, and this problem will go away.  Another option is to lower the efect of the pets on bosses.

Raid boss pets, now 100% more unobtainable. The solution to this is simply to stop Embus/Undead/Eremes/Driller working on bosses full stop (and Baphomet Junior, if you want a complete blanket coverage) -- AoE damage pets are fine, DPS pets are fine, buffing, debuffing, healing pets.. they're all fine, except those four. There are indeed some other powerful pets in RSX (80% slow, it's close to a stun) but at least they don't completely bug out bosses and make them unable to perform any actions.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 18 September 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#64 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm not sure why you would think this is any of their reasoning for posting the issue (with videos). 

There's nothing stopping any other team of people out there from doing the same thing they do-- except for organization and skill. 

I'd go so far as to say they could probably make a video of beating ratmaster without pets or cash shop items if they really wanted to.  But it's really not on them to do random challenges or prove anything to anyone.  I think they already proved a lot with the sample PvE H videos and their other CoA videos. 

Isn't it a little strange for them to post a guide about Ratmaster that helps people beat him themselves if their primary goal is to make money?

The issue is there either way-- no matter what ulterior motive you or anyone else might think they have for posting about it. 

Back on topic:

Pets will ruin the game if the devs don't sit there and actually play it for a change.  It may be an extreme accusation for me to point at the devs and tell them they don't play their own game, but it's the truth.  There really is no other reason (that I can see) where they couldn't predict such an obvious outcome. 

And concerning pet CC's, there's really only one solution and that's to completely disable the ability for pets to CC a boss.  I have no problem if you want to allow a [heavily nerfed] CC ability for certain boss adds, but even that would have to be adjusted so the same cycle of abuse doesn't eliminate whatever difficulty they would bring. 

I would like very much if the developers would step up to the plate and defend themselves on the forums.  If they proved me wrong I would instantly apologize and my patience with the game would improve 1000%-- I'm sure many others would agree. 

I think it's not our job to make videos, but the developers.  I want to see a video of them, in all +0 colo gear, without cash shop items, run through CoA.  Show me the video.  I will shut up forever.  I want to see a video of even 1 of them winning the colosseum, ever.  I want to see proof that they actually play the game and have skill at it-- I want to see them all use eremes & inverse on the CoA bosses and still tell us it's a balanced intended feature.  I think it's just as important for a developer to be good at the game they make (shouldn't they be?) as it is to code it.  How else could you make sure things are balanced?

Play the game, record a few runs, demonstrate that you have skill and actually care.  Restore faith in the community-- show us you actually listen and want the game to succeed.  Say something! 

Is there not a single developer out there that can talk to us?

#65 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

I don't see why everyone has to see the bad side to someone posting about a bug >.> 

I don't even have my AoD gears and i'm certainly glad that someone has brought the issue up as of now because i do not want raid groups asking me to get eremes and whatnots just to join them. I wouldn't mind what klyde was suggesting about the universal cooldown for a raid since people did spend money/time farming these pets but i would not like to see chains of pets just to stun the boss for the whole time. 

#66 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

I think even CC working once against a boss would be bad - that's all it takes to remove the turtles from the RM fight. Even just making the pet CC work like player CC (ie not on bosses) would be a huge step up, in my opinion.

#67 3358130523185450153

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

I think this may be my only post ever on this forum, but here's another way to think about this issue from Gravity / WP's perspective.  I think it is in the company's interest to keep the game interesting and challenging, but more importantly than that, they want a model where there is always going be an influx of $ flowing in via item purchases and whatnot.  That's generally why they introduce new items, new dungeons and generally make things harder so that people will devote a combination of time and money (the mix is dependent on each person) to accomplish these things.

With the current state of pets in the game, they've basically accelerated the in-flow of both player game-time and $ coming into the market as people are looking to grab pets to clear COA/AOD, since that requires a good amount of either to accomplish (on average 9 DNA per pet so ~27K zeny for eremes or ~9K zeny for imverse or a fair # of hours to collect the DNA).

That being said, after people generally have the pets that are needed to clear COA/AOD, that inflow will stop, and this will be fairly noticeable for Gravity/WP.  This will not be acceptable to the company, so what will probably happen is that they will nerf the pets after they see that most people have already spent the time and $ getting the pets.  This probably hasn't reached the peak yet, so expect pets to keep working for a while longer, but you would be naive to think that this is going to be the norm for the remainder of the life of the game.  The last thing Gravity wants is for this game to become stale, but the thing that will drive their decision is not whether something is "fair" or "right" but whether their adjustments will bring more real money into the game.

This isn't a bad thing, as that's the business model that is required to keep free-to-play/pay-to-win games running.  Those of you who are complaining the most about this will still play the game after they change the pets since you care about the game too much - Gravity isn't making decisions base on your responses - they are making decisions based on the average player and the top-$ players.  As it stands now, the average player can spend a fixed amount of money and basically beat the entire end-game material with 2 hot keys, one stun/freeze pet and one damage pet without spending an extra dime on the game.  This will not be acceptable to Gravity.  This game is getting kind of boring as it is, so it will be interesting to see how soon they make adjustments.

#68 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

But think about it, if pets are not usable with raid boss, then there is no point of upgrading ur pet beyond lvl 1...or even use a pet at all...

#69 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

But think about it, if pets are not usable with raid boss, then there is no point of upgrading ur pet beyond lvl 1...or even use a pet at all...

That's not true. I mentioned this in my original post:

A common counter-argument: People have worked hard for their pets, and pets will become useless in raids.

- This is NOT true. I can and will name you tons of examples where pets are still insanely strong and useful:

Level 2 pets give you stronger buffs, stronger AoE, and WAY stronger damage. My mermaid (a DPS-only pet) damage went from ~1k per hit to ~2k+ from level 1 to 2.

That's a huge damage increase. I am not suggesting pets should not be used in raids. Pet damage/buffs/debuffs on raid bosses are useful and good. Pet stuns/roots on raid bosses are exploitable, and bad for the game.

Stun/root pets will not become useless. There are many scenarios where they are useful. Bapho Horong, Minotaurs summons, Embus rooting boss adds, Aromine Kobugi, Ratmaster Turtles (they ignore threat and run around randomly, stunning is extremely useful), etc.

Edited by mysticalre, 18 September 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#70 LOLOXORZ

LOLOXORZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

So wait, you guys cleared AoD "legit" right? I missed the video you said you were going to share :(

But why is now everyone against this again? I by no means do this stuff, I'm too lazy to farm stunner pets nor I have the zenny to buy frags to get a pet like that. Why is everyone all of a sudden dictating how ONE should or should not play a game? Who are you guys to tell others what to do?

Let people play the game as they want? Does it really affect YOUR game time/fun when a bunch of players abuse this? Does it?

By the other hand, I'm one that quit colo because of the poke battle there is insane and boring. Of course pets shouldn't be allowed in colo, but let people do their thing in RAIDS.

Edited by LOLOXORZ, 18 September 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#71 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

So wait, you guys cleared AoD "legit" right? I missed the video you said you were going to share :(

But why is now everyone against this again? I by no means do this stuff, I'm too lazy to farm stunner pets nor I have the zenny to buy frags to get a pet like that. Why is everyone all of a sudden dictating how ONE should or should not play a game? Who are you guys to tell others what to do?

Let people play the game as they want? Does it really affect YOUR game time/fun when a bunch of players abuse this? Does it?

By the other hand, I'm one that quit colo because of the poke battle there is insane and boring. Of course pets shouldn't be allowed in colo, but let people do their thing in RAIDS.

U believe pets are broken in colo but fail to see that pets are broken in raids...u saying we shouldn't tell people how to raid because they do what they want, yet ur telling people how to colo...*face palms*

#72 Mehaperson

Mehaperson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Odin-US

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

popcorn_yes.gif

Yes... YES!!!

#73 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

LOLOXORZ,

Yes, we cleared AoD legitly, and there were videos available for a few days. But why are you even asking? This is a bit offtopic.

Example: I want a GM weapon to one shot everything, should I get what I want just because I want it? No. Same with pet CC working on bosses, it's not a play style, it's a broken feature. I just don't wanna repeat all the arguments why it is broken, but you can re-read the whole topic if you like.

#74 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

popcorn_yes.gifN

Yes... YES!!!

No popcorn. Ice cream or hershey kisses pls. 

#75 ZhaoYun75

ZhaoYun75

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Isn't it a little strange for them to post a guide about Ratmaster that helps people beat him themselves if their primary goal is to make money?

Remember Fold posted a guide for RM two months before this post, so hyvent shouldn't be getting all the credit for helping out the community in this matter. It is in the first line of text, but people seem to giveing hyvent all the credit. I know this is off topic, but bashing one guild for trying to help the community while praiseing the next guild to do the same thing. This is just stupid. That guild everyone's love bashing, lost many memebers for either other games or quit the guild due to the fact people hated them strickly for the name of the guild they were in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users