If I re-install the game..... - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

If I re-install the game.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

First of all,  I think I have this problem described in this thread (http://forums.warppo...es-from-4-2011/).

One of my accounts is currently logged in. However, when I opened another client, it starts downloading patch from April 4 2011. I don't understand why it happened because I didn't even do anything. I logged in, set-up my vendor,then opened another client... then it sent me back 2 years?  :p_omg:

Now, Campitor said the easiest way to fix this is to reinstall the game.

That's what I plan to do. I still have a copy of the installer which I downloaded last June.

Now, I plan to reinstall this after the maintenance on Wednesday.

If I do that, will I just download the patch on that day?

Or do I have to download the September 4 patch? The large patch which took several tries because it always FAILED at 99%.

My Internet kinda sucks, too, so I'm wondering if anyone knows an easy way to go around this problem. Something that does not involve downloading the 9/4 patch.  :heh:

Of course if I do NOT have to re-install the game, that would be perfect!  :heh:

Edit: Already re-installed. Luckily, my sister had a copy of the September 4 patch (she did it manually). Now i'm back!  :thumb2:

Edited by Rotine, 17 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#2 JACK5

JACK5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

Mine was doing the same thing, patching the 2011 patch.  I think it have to do something with the patch2.inf or a batch file.  It fixed for couple days, but it would go back to patching the 2011 after a week.  Then I've cleaned Gravity folder completely and re-downloaded the install file (completely anew) from the mirror site DrAzzy recommended (could not download from official site, problem with their server, so i used the wiki mirror site).  And Voila!  It worked, and I got to enjoy the game once again.

http://forums.warppo...48-please-help/

I hope this helps~

#3 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

Thanks! That's the same copy that I have actually.It's not really the re-installing that I am worried since i have the installer. 

I want to know if there's a way to "avoid" downloading the 9/4 patch again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users