A beginner guide to Colosseum with Sorcerer. - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A beginner guide to Colosseum with Sorcerer.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Wizard guide coming soon :)

So, you are trying to do well in the colosseum, but you find yourself getting jumped, lacking in kills, not knowing what to do, or not be able to do damage (this last one was my problem for the longest). Well here is the necessary skills for doing well there.

Memorize - YOUR BEST MOVE FOR KILL STEALING. You will find yourself running around the colosseum and dying a lot, so having your wind arms activated will be difficult to have all the time while players are getting jumped. With memorize you not only can have the same 2x effect, but for 3 attacks if your connections is fast enough. Frost Diver into Jupitel Thunder, Varetyr Spear, Juptiel Thunder, and most characters under 9k health will see their death. Without criticals or defending these skills can do roughly 8k damge, with a critical over 9000. Do not overlook it because of its cooldown, being able to do it twice in 1 round can get you to the 4th round of the colosseum if the lobby isn't filled with super players. 

Frost Diver - Your bread and butter. You use this to stop players from escaping from you, and also for doubling your damage. This is how you do some quick damage. Most of the time I just run around and use this skill and use Jupitel thunder and Cold bolt until Varetyr Spear is off cooldown. If you see a character getting jumped throw this attack out if they have over 5k health and steal the kill with Jupitel Thunder. If they have lower than 5k health start throwing out Cold bolts or Lightning bolts. 

Cold Bolt - Your fun starter. I have mine on level 1 but this move is quite important for mobile killstealing. You target a tank player with cold bolt until your effect activate, then you run around for 20 seconds looking for someone with dying health, and you smack them with JT and VS at 2x damage without them knowing. This is the most solid way to kill a priest, more details coming later. 

These are your most important skills to use. I hope I don't have to explain Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr Spear after describing the setups. If I do just let me know, I will easily edit this for you.

Who to Target & Kill? New player guide. 

Your best and favorite targets are Rangers, Wizards, Rogues, Sorcerers and Noels (Noels might change depending on how their PVP armor turns out). The reason why they are your favorite, low health and weak armor. Even Rangers with full PVP armor, can still be Memorized to death if you get one critical. They also lack a skill for avoiding your attacks, outside of Wizards ice wall. The best thing about them, Rangers and Sorcerers are common and place high, so you can typically rely on them to fill up your colosseum and provide you multiple kills. I like to think of Sorcerers as the counter to rangers, as sorcerers fly through them, even when we are hit first. 

Moderate Targets are Priest and Assassins. Priest have their high health but weak armor while assassins fall in the same line as rogues. The difference with them is, they have a common move for reducing your damage. When battling them, you must get them to use their defense move first then go for the kill. I like to throw out Frost diver then start using cold bolt for my 2x damage so after their effect passes I stun and proceed to kill them. They are troubling kills, so if you don't feel comfortable attacking them, just avoid them. I stopped attacking priest altogether unless I am in the final round, because they are that annoying to fight, then in the final round I target them only.

Don't fight these guys. Monks, Beastmasters, Warriors (with aura shield), and Knights. They have incredible HP on top of incredible armor. Even with criticals you will struggle to bring them down even at 3/4 health. These are the people you avoid, you could beat them all outside of the colosseum with ease, they would never be able to touch you, but inside it is a free-for-all. You won't be able to run away and fight them while avoiding everyone else, and they take too much time to kill. Best to avoid them and either kill another player or MOBS.

MOBS- Kill them to maintain rank. You won't rely on Mobs for round progression since you deal high damage, however, you can use them for multiple purposes. Killing porings for a damage boost allows you to kill the tank players as if they were regular rangers. Going after the 3k monsters are good for starting your wind effect. If you get it just freeze and lightning them to preserve it, and go on a killspree. 

With these few tips, you may not become champion (as I haven't XD), but you can get to final round and start grinding for your full colosseum gear. I managed to get my Chest and Shoes in 1 week (already have my weapon) and within 2 days got 200k bp. I can't give tips for winnings, but using these will get you through each round and maybe you will win before I do, but for those that hate the Colosseum, you should be able to rank higher and more constantly. I will give more advance tips later.

http://ro2base.com/b...310247.22310247

Edited by 3596130702174734600, 19 September 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#2 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Lol wait, do sorcs need a guide? Is it that hard to press three buttons continuosly?

#3 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I just won a colosseum

You would be surprise on how many sorcerers don't know what to do in the colosseum. 

#4 AdrenaIine

AdrenaIine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

TLTR

Smash your face on the keyboard.

#5 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

TLTR

Smash your face on the keyboard.

Not forums savy, is that to me? If so, already been done 

#6 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

While it's true that you have to know what you're doing, it's not difficult.  Freeze or Wind Arms, JT + Varetyr Spear and gg.  There, I explained it.  Frankly, I made a new sorcerer and got round 5 my first time using it in colo, at level 32.  I have a new Sin I also made, never made it past round 2, now level 40.  If you're having trouble making it far with a sorcerer, there are either a ton of pro players/a large pre-made in your colo, or I highly doubt you'll be good at any class, or even this game.  The harsh truth my friend.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 19 September 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#7 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Listing skills explains nothing. Mashing keys won't do you any good, especially if one of them isn't going to available for the majority of the time if you're going to play badly.

For the guide, I think it should be mentioned that VS can be canceled in mid flight if you're stunned, and that you need to keep in mind that it's slow. JT with procced mastery (or Mem) is probably a better finisher if you're competing for a kill, it flies much faster. For people who mainly pve, they might not think about this much, but it matters a lot in colo.

I'm not sure that it's always a good idea to throw out Frost Diver on a full HP target. I like to proc first, then freeze, making sure I get 3 or 4 procced lightning attacks. Doing this also might draw them into using their defenses/heals, and I'd rather lose a few ice bolts or one proc over FD.

#8 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

I had a brand new thief that managed to get to 3rd round before, so the strategy behind it is important. Not saying you are a bad player, your way of thinking must change with every class. My rogue only level 28 can get to 3rd round thanks to someone's info on the rogue page. Once i hold consistent placing with him and my wizard those guides will come up to. Also, congrats on getting far on your first try, though I doubt you are one of the players who really needed the guide, as you probably already knew your way around a sorc, thanks to others explaining it. To people like myself, who weren't explained it when they started and sorcs were their first class, it would be hard to get out of the first round. I didn't even put points into my Frost Diver cause I thought it sucked, so it wasn't until level 40 before I was able to really do some damage. So my guide is for players like that, not for players who make an alt after learning the game and know what to do already. My alts can get to 3rd round consistently just because i know what to do, and they haven't hit level 40 (wiz and rogue)

For Frost diving full HP targets, it just depends on the target. If you target a tank or priest/sin it will be a waste of time. Proc (what exactly does that stand for) is good to have for staying mobile and dangerous, just takes more time to setup. I will make the change to that once i get back, that is a very good point, as it has cost me a lot of rounds before. 

It is a beginner guide, so though the skills are obvious to someone who knows their sorcerer in and out, for those that don't and don't know when and how to use them, it is helpful. An advance guide wouldn't have it, no need.

#9 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

good optimum guide, 

however i would put rogues to sin and priests line as they have healing capabilities and smoke bombs.

overall everyone is a target, its a matter of how you poke them, slowly or bursts...

one last thing, you dont need a guide for kill stealing, specially for sorcs.

#10 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

good optimum guide, 

however i would put rogues to sin and priests line as they have healing capabilities and smoke bombs.

overall everyone is a target, its a matter of how you poke them, slowly or bursts...

one last thing, you dont need a guide for kill stealing, specially for sorcs.

I seen guides for the other classes, so why can't sorcs have them? Plus as I mentioned earlier, not everyone knows about it. If you don't feel you are a beginner, this guide isn't for you. I wouldn't read a beginner guide to a monk, and mine is lvl 25, and I got him to 3rd round colo first try.

Rogues have no true defense, so even though they can heal themselves, it won't soften your attack, and it requires them to have momentum of attacking first. 

But, thanks for taking time to read it, and feeling it is optimum, I managed to get 3 straight victories in a row with 4 overall victories since writing this article and having no wins at all. So, hopefully some other sorcs who don't see any success can see improvement with this guide, as this is designed for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users