Guild Supply/Treasure Update - Page 4 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guild Supply/Treasure Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#76 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

I think BG/castle drops as supplies/supply boxes is the best idea. 

BG is ridiculously fun when people actively play and there are less afks. If this is the case I feel that BG will be more active throughout the week with little to not afks. Also fix Flavius, since it's "harder" Maybe that could reward more badges. It's a fun map and requires more team work since you actually have to kill guardians.

Sorry to ask for this here, but I think this topic is something that relates to WoE directly so..

I'd also like to suggest a WoE time change, for some guilds I feel like they have a lot less people on EARLY morning/afternoon on Sunday..maybe it could start a few hours later? OR Perhaps we can swap WoE:FE and WoE:SE days. i think this would be a great idea, plus it'd match the SE WoEs having both Classic and Renewal on the same day..  I think the reason that Some guilds don't attend WoE 1 is because they dislike it, not because it's on a Saturday.

Could we get another vote on WoE times? last I checked the group of people who basically chose the WoE times are banned/don't play anymore.  I really feel like more guilds play on Saturday and I don't think it's because they favor WoE 1..it's just availability. Anyone with me on this?

#77 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Oda mentioned a week or two ago that they're not actually sure what's wrong with Flavius and need people to test it to see where it breaks so they can fix it. So someone needs to organise people or a lot of alts to give it a whirl.

Oh hey it's that guy from Alexs guild.

Edited by Themes, 28 October 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#78 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

implement soon please,the number of chainmails in my storage is too damn high

#79 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

i have been npcing slotted gears for the past few months

#80 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Could we get bg working so you can join via parties or something?

Would be nice to get some semi-structured bg happening. So we can 7v7 in bg.

#81 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Agreed, we've mostly fixed the supply issue. Now some changes to the treasure or a way to get rid of some of the slotted stuff is in order.

Even replacing a drop or two in each fort with a Seed or supply box (at lower maybe?) rates would make things much less frustrating. Right now the market is absolutely flooded and the slotted stuff is less valuable than the Elunium and roughly the same value as the Oridecon.

#82 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

I have absolutely zero clue why Empty Bottles are not a drop in these supply boxes.

1 Acid Bomb skill use is on average 5 empty bottles PER THROW when you factor in success rate.

If you're trying to keep somewhat of a level of exclusiveness on Grenades because of their power, fine, but stop giving me so many other bomb materials with nothing to do with them.

#83 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Just add empty bottles to them supply boxes, it's a pretty obvious thing to do. No one is opposed to it, no downsides. (except bots making less z)

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 16 December 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#84 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles  bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles bottles

#85 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

That or add it to tool dealers in town. Both would be ok.

#86 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

This was mentioned in the other thread but I feel like this may be a better place to put it. The guild surplus boxes have been great but now that we have had them for a while I feel there could be improvements. The chances for hearts of mermaid, authoritative badges and cobwebs need to be lowered, to have almost 2 storages worth of mermaid hearts just from my personal farming is pretty ridiculous(I have even vendored some in the past). Also I can't speak for other guilds but I know Valhalla has a massive oversupply of other mats, so if other guilds have a similar oversupply it would be wise to lower those as well.

#87 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

I'd also like to suggest an increase on the drop rate of the boxes, the novelty has worn off and it's like pulling teeth to get people to help hunt.

#88 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

+1 i actually like something xellie posted for once

#89 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

I have a decent kill rate in GD. It's not fantastic, but not bad either.

Without HE Gum it takes me ~an hour to get 10 boxes.

Unless the point is to make us buy HE Gum? That's a lot of money to throw at the game just to help supply WoE!

Edited by Rythen, 25 February 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#90 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:49 AM

I'd also like to suggest an increase on the drop rate of the boxes, the novelty has worn off and it's like pulling teeth to get people to help hunt.

this

most guilds i know have a few individuals supplying their WoEs and i don't think anyone isn't using gum. its too much money spent each week with gum and way too much time invested without

or you can finally put in the system where we trade in junk castle loot for supplies.

#91 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

I 100% agree with changing rates of a few things. The heart of mermaid, cobweb and authorotive badge are horrible.

Also, making a npc to exchange "useless" cards for guild supply boxes might help. Once I hit 20+ of the common gd cards I drop them in town. Maybe a 1:1 ratio so useless cards can be useful.

~~~PERFECT SOLUTION~~~

Replace Authoritative Badges with Panaceas (the waffle looking things)

Replace Heart of mermaid with Empty Bottles

^_^ makes sense

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 27 February 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#92 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

EDP mats pls.

#93 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Take out crystal fragments. Those should be a item that should only be farmed off only the mobs that drop them not guild supply boxes.  It's incredibly imbalanced that every hw has protection from linkers during WoE because of the overstock each guild has of them.

#94 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

We've had a lot of suggestions coming from guild leaders regarding treasures and how the system could be updated. Many of the drops from castle treasure right now do not serve a very meaningful purpose and are cluttering up storages (I've seen it doing restorations) and finding a way for Guild Leaders to make better use of them wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Really Wish you guys could do something like this on renewal.

#95 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Update to the proposal to change the contents of the Guild Supply Box. 

Right now we are proposing that the contents of the box will remain the same for now. 

Regarding the mermaid hearts, though these can be found by hunting a relatively common monster, the chance of getting Mermaid hearts is 1 in 31. We felt that these do have a place in the box, and while the number that comes out of the box is very high, simply reducing the number that a player received was just giving players less for their effort. 

Regarding Authoritative badges and Cobwebs, they may not be as useful of items to all classes but they both also only have a 1 in 31 chance of coming up in the box. It was set up so that there would be some items in the supply box that weren't as highly desired as the stems, witch starsand, etc. 

Our concern about replacing one of these less desired drops with empty bottles is that at this point, the only limit on the number of acid bombs in the game is the number of empty bottles since many of the other components are being provided through this box already. 

#96 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Update to the proposal to change the contents of the Guild Supply Box. 

Right now we are proposing that the contents of the box will remain the same for now. 

Regarding the mermaid hearts, though these can be found by hunting a relatively common monster, the chance of getting Mermaid hearts is 1 in 31. We felt that these do have a place in the box, and while the number that comes out of the box is very high, simply reducing the number that a player received was just giving players less for their effort. 

Regarding Authoritative badges and Cobwebs, they may not be as useful of items to all classes but they both also only have a 1 in 31 chance of coming up in the box. It was set up so that there would be some items in the supply box that weren't as highly desired as the stems, witch starsand, etc. 

Our concern about replacing one of these less desired drops with empty bottles is that at this point, the only limit on the number of acid bombs in the game is the number of empty bottles since many of the other components are being provided through this box already. 

That's stupid.

A badges are useful to almost nobody and mermaid hearts /zenorc fangs are used on the same item. Why do I have 3 storages at 30k of those items whilst continuing to hunt because the number of stems/starstand/blues/karvo is lacking. Nobody wants to buy these items the market is completely saturated with them. I have no reason to make 90,000 glistening coats. Actually I CAN'T because the number of stems isn't high enough to make enough alcohol in order to utilize the hearts and zenorc fangs.

It would be much better if you made it so we can use these items..... perhaps pack the zenorc fang+mermaid heart together with some alcohol (this way they are getting used together)

Also please increase the amount of karvo. Not by much but at least bring it up to 15ish. Or make it stay at 7 but turn the karvo into edp creation packs that drop all the other random crap, because if I have to hunt stuff like venom canines and bee stings and cactus needles, you can't use that arguement for the hearts/zenorc fangs / cobwebs lol. Putting them in alone would hurt the rate of other stuff too much but yeah... there's some thought

Also re cobwebs, have you ever been to luina GD? ..............

I calc'd box wss output to be around 115 sands per box. I need 700+ boxes per week to meet guild needs for sands. In a dungeon where we have to fight people. Assuming we have it. Blablabla. Long story short, please up the drop rate a bit. The more the population grows the more boxes we need and the more time is taken into potting / sorting the items so they can fit into storages (lol). I think we have a 12 hour timetable for potting each week at the moment. As since the server population is on the rise ( as our guild numbers are) - this potting time increases and so does the hunting time. It needs to be less, this is becoming very stressful again since the boxes have little market value anymore due to market oversaturation of the unused items. (which means people are less willing to help)

Edited by Xellie, 28 March 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#97 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:39 AM

Perhaps a Trade-In NPC that takes certain items from Guild Surplus Boxes and exchanges them for other certain items from the Guild Surplus Boxes at a 3:1 ratio? Or maybe trade in certain items from Guild Surplus Boxes items for Empty Bottles at a 3:1 ratio? For example: 3 Authoritative Badges gets you 1 Empty Bottle.

Edited by Rang, 30 March 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#98 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Ideas

• Add 3 Ygg seed chance
  • Add 300 bottle chance
  • Remove/Reduce Webs
  • Reduce Mermaid hearts
  • Remove/Reduce Auth Badges 
  • increase stems
  • increase starsands
  • increase blue herbs
  • increase Karvo
  • Add Strawberries Maybe?

#99 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

I believe what Oda is trying to say is that less desirable items are necessary to keep in the box. Imagine an OCA or OPB. The same concept is applied for Groove packs. You will always get your money's worth, but not always the items you want.

Basically, the negative rewards are maintaining the market value of the positive rewards. While some prizes will stockpile, their existence displaces that amount of desirable prizes that they otherwise would have been. Hence preserving the value of Guild boxes in general.

They could replicate this by eliminating the less desirable rewards, and reducing the amount of each desirable reward given on average. However, I'd prefer getting a decent amount of less desirable items and a decent amount of desirable items, than just get a modest amount of desirable items exclusively.

Edited by IlliterateGaming, 30 March 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#100 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

There is a very big difference between comparing guild surplus boxes to groove packs and OCA's, in my opinion. 

Groove Packs have some less desirable items in it, but w/e they get your cash and it supports the game.

Any "nerf" to guild supply boxes would hurt the server far more then groove packs. The guild surplus boxes are amazing because it makes it so there is no need to bot for guild supplies. If you nerf the guild surplus boxes then people will just stop investing their time into hunting them and run bots. Sad, but true. Anything to help attract guilds to farming guild surplus boxes rather then bot supplies would be best for the server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users