Guild Supply/Treasure Update - Page 6 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guild Supply/Treasure Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#126 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

or tradeins ... if too stubborn to remove certain items yeah

#127 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

1. Add medicine bowls to mail annex NPC

2. Add a way to trade-in the garbage, waste of space, worthless slotted gears that drop from castles for supply boxes

3. More blue herbs from supply boxes

I remember when I used to hunt supply boxes that it would take about 500-600 boxes to get 30k stems, that's probably the minimum amount to make enough bombs for 1 weekend with 25-35 people.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 05 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#128 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

I believe wrecking Crew is going on a hiatus until new content and a fix with guild supplies is put in.

Maybe the GMs will get busy when other big guilds follow.

#129 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Valhalla's continued play will probably be decided after a couple more weeks of WoE - tho I can't say it's entirely related to supplies as to why we would have to discuss such a thing. Supplies are a huge factor though.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#130 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

Oda should totally keep the boxes the same. I LOVE hunting 9 hours a day to earn 1bil worth of supplies(per weekend) just to "enjoy" 4 hours on the weekend on a already dead server vs nothing but eske'd guardians. While guilds that don't make the effort walk away with multiple castles because they don't participate in what the rest of a dead server does.

Well done Oda!  :no1:

Edited by Xeio, 07 April 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#131 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

I hunt 5BOX/15MIN .

#132 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

1. Add medicine bowls to mail annex NPC

2. Add a way to trade-in the garbage, waste of space, worthless slotted gears that drop from castles for supply boxes

3. More blue herbs from supply boxes

I remember when I used to hunt supply boxes that it would take about 500-600 boxes to get 30k stems, that's probably the minimum amount to make enough bombs for 1 weekend with 25-35 people.

All this needs to be put in.  A lot of small changes will make a better server all around!

#133 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

Please, please add numbers of karvo. :(

#134 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

So here is a question. What if instead of changing the contents of the box, what if the drop rate were ever so slightly increased?

#135 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

So here is a question. What if instead of changing the contents of the box, what if the drop rate were ever so slightly increased?

This would be helpful, but I would still argue for more karvo :(

and then some separate something else for converters, edp mats.

#136 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

drop rate increase would be nice.

should honestly just put bombs/edps in the box and remove the mats. Put in the amount you would receive if you had potted them, every guild is running at least 80% rate, and clicking and burning out computers for 8 hrs is not an enjoyable experience every week.

#137 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

That would be nice, but that just means more massive amount of crap. More storages maxed out with Heart of Mermaids, cobwebs ect ect. 

Guild surplus boxes are one of the best things you guys have ever done for iRO. It really helps limit the need for bots and helps to supply guilds. Please do not indirectly "fix" this problem by just increase the drop rate. Please fix the content and solve this problem directly.

Here are things that could be taken out of boxes.

-Cobwebs

-Authoritative badges 

-Heart of mermaid

Here are things that could be increased or added to boxes.

-Blue herb increase (Shouldn't be an issue w/ champs since Classic had "unlimited ygg seed event")

-Karvo increase, nothing drastic maybe like 14 instead of 7 per box

-Add pancake things (the things that do what green pots should really be doing)

As another alternative you could "slightly" increase drop rate and add in the WoE exchanger for useless castle drops for WSS.

What I'm getting at is, this is one of the best all around things you guys have done for the game. Please don't ignore it or -_- it up. Enough on this server has been -_- up like bound equipment, bio 3, dragon lab but no ice titain, usrc exploit, duping, and I could go on a lot longer. You get the point. You did this part of the game well, lets make it better and not regress.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 14 April 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#138 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

increase drop rate by 50%

#139 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

I don't think the boxes need to be adjusted. These were put in as a suplimental way to get materials for woe. It was a good idea and still is a good idea.

I think it's unnecessary to continue to bend to the whims of four people crying on this forum.

#140 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

I don't think the boxes need to be adjusted. These were put in as a suplimental way to get materials for woe. It was a good idea and still is a good idea.

I think it's unnecessary to continue to bend to the whims of four people crying on this forum.

How many guilds do YOU supply for woe?

#141 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

lol

You don't use much supplies when your guild wipes within 10-20 seconds, and pre casts every chance they get. Valkyrie guild doesn't contribute anything positive or beneficial to the server. Most people play RO for fun WoE's, and guild supply boxes facilitate fun WoE's. 

EDIT: U R CRYING NOT ME !! =DD

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 16 April 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#142 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

As per usual the moderators have ignored another report of an inflammatory post doing nothing but looking to stir the pot.

The facts are simple Flack, when I'm posting here about supply issues, I'm posting on behalf of many of my guildmembers who work hard and hunt in GD constantly. I'm sorry we're not a 5-12 man guild with mostly dualled or afk players.

As a guildleader I care not only about being able to keep my members interested in the game so that we can play, but also about being able to have fun. Many of the people in Valhalla I consider my friends and I will come to the forums and post about issues that affect myself or them.

That's kinda what guildleaders do. They take the concerns of the collective group and seek to fix them to maintain the interest of that group in playing the game. I've been watching people get burnt out and quit and the worst part about it is...

There are people who will come here and make fun because Classic only has "3" active WoE guilds. Why is that? I know that at least 2 went under because of supply issues in the last couple of months. When the game becomes a job its not a game anymore.

Adjustments to the boxes benefit everyone. Yes, it may benefit most of all the people who play most actively, the people who don't just RMT everything and the people who don't only log for 4 hours a week. But isn't that how it's supposed to be?

edit: Flack; it's been drawn to my attention that the guild you are in doesn't even USE the supply boxes. If you're using mastela you are clearly either collectively too stretched for time to pot, or don't really handle finances very well (considering mastela are 8k+ per unit and a slim is ~4k per unit - 3k for wss off market and 1k for the pot/mats)

So if it doesn't really involve you, why comment on a system you are not taking part in? go back to buying mastela.

Edited by Xellie, 17 April 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#143 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hope you don't legitimately believe it's just four people.

If you don't like the boxes, don't use them.

#144 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

If you don't like the boxes, don't use them.

lol ... how can you say that in a thread of qqing about boxes from mostly your side ... that statement applies more to yoru guild than his i guess just saying

Edited by heyxsean, 17 April 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#145 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

lol ... how can you say that in a thread of qqing about boxes from mostly your side ... that statement applies more to yoru guild than his i guess just saying

Guild semantics and drama mongering aside (which you seem to be very good at), I can think of no negative that can come from allowing people to spend less time financing WoE and more time to enjoy the other enjoyable aspects this game has to offer.

#146 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Where do you draw the line? First it was 40 hours a week, now 4 hours a week (or whatever) is too much. Now that supplies are available through non-botted and easily farmable methods guilds supply usage has increased quite a lot. This is not a bad thing, but by using more supplies you need to farm more to get them etc. How long before you people just want to log on and talk to an NPC and just get fed unlimited supplies?

I agree that there's issues with the current item distribution in the boxes but I'd rather have them in their current form/drop rate than go back to how things were before.

#147 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Where do you draw the line? First it was 40 hours a week, now 4 hours a week (or whatever) is too much. Now that supplies are available through non-botted and easily farmable methods guilds supply usage has increased quite a lot. This is not a bad thing, but by using more supplies you need to farm more to get them etc. How long before you people just want to log on and talk to an NPC and just get fed unlimited supplies?

I agree that there's issues with the current item distribution in the boxes but I'd rather have them in their current form/drop rate than go back to how things were before.

Supply usage hasn't really increased/decreased in my guild since 2ez started. Only ygg usage because of the raffler. 

I don't know where you got 4 hours from, it takes 4+ hours just to pot all the supplies. Probably around 15-20 hours to get enough boxes for a 35+ person guild - (for one weekend).

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 17 April 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#148 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Its far more than 4 hours a week. I know my guild spends at least 16-20 hours a week potting alone. Then we have to hunt the boxes (which at around 60/hr comes out at 14 hours per WoE - or a total of 28 hours a weekend divided between the 10 or so people working on it)

48 hours? That's full time working hours and is part of the reason the ~rest of the game~ is so deserted.

What I'm saying is we don't have the option to simply buy supplies from other players #lowpopulationproblems and the other solution would be to legalize botting....

Edited by Xellie, 17 April 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

I need to add to that:

That amount of time doesn't cover elemental converters, Karvo or other EDP ingredients, EDP potting time, empty bottles, yggseeds or cash raising for ygg seeds, foods, boxes of gloom, BG for hit/flee rations, etc.

#150 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

As for drawing the line, I think it's important to consider how many hours a week is considered "acceptable" to finance a guild's WoE. The amount of time it takes right now is quite high. 48 man hours to finance WoE is pretty insane and in my opinion, unacceptable. People spend all their time that they have to "play" this game in hunting supplies. I think it would be nicer to reduce this time it takes so that other aspects of the game can be enjoyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users