Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

getting 1 shoted at will is imbalanced, just like some games disables a class until balance, sorcerers should be disabled from colo due gamebreaking status

#2 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Bad colo round?

#3 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

I had a 2 bad colo runs today got ganged on so much.

#4 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Is Colo that need ot be disabled until they manage to make it work more or less FOREEEEEVEEEEEEEEER.

#5 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

As broken as the class is (why must they always target me? :p_cry: ), I have to disagree with this.

Colo is Free-For-All, meaning everyone (after level 10) can attend. It's not Free-For-All-Excluding-Sorcerers.

It wouldn't be fair.

Offer some form of balance to the class, rather than suggesting they be disabled altogether in Colo.

Also, before people cry biased; I don't have a Sorcerer.

#6 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

on my alts, they can barely walk because a sorc 7k crit at row

imagine a poor monk getting mauled cause that

and a lvl 25 sorc can reach finals easily

#7 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

I am a poor Monk that gets mauled by that, and I still stand firm by my reply.

It's not fair to ban a class.

Balance them, but don't ban them.

#8 aznbabiikatie

aznbabiikatie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

I read a suggestion that says to nerf their offense stat and I agree with that. Nerf it by 30% or 40% and I'll be a happy camper.

#9 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

It's so fun to see sorc's miss their VS on you, they don't know what to do afterwards and try to spam lightning bolts whilst you haplessly knock them down and destroy them. 

I think its not 100% hit and its definitely 100% crit. I don't mind sorcs at all. 

Only exception is sorc with embus pet............ that -_- needs banning. lol :P

#10 Denvalas

Denvalas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Just give VS a cast time, so far VS is one of the most op skill i have ever seen on a mmo (No cast time means it can be casted while moving, low CD, high damage AND stun).

#11 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

You Thought you had a bad colo day? One time on my warrior I had several Sorcs gang up on me. Not one, not two not even three, but 4 farking sorcs destroyed my warrior. I didn't even get to farm mobs....I raged so much that I just plugged out my laptop. -___-

#12 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

a embus sorc has mega free kills, 1 crit, dead, 1 crit, dead, pepepepentakill!!!

ACE!

#13 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

I can crit with colo gear and still not one-shot people. Sorcerers are so easy to kill that I wonder what people actually a want, should other classes look at them and score a kill? We're strong yes, but most of the time cold bolt is what is cast. Contrary to popular belief, VS has a cooldown and can miss.

#14 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

I can crit with colo gear and still not one-shot people. Sorcerers are so easy to kill that I wonder what people actually a want, should other classes look at them and score a kill? We're strong yes, but most of the time cold bolt is what is cast. Contrary to popular belief, VS has a cooldown and can miss.

i read your name, your argument is invalid

#15 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Look at your picture. At least try a counter point instead of bringing up something meaningless.

#16 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Clearly you don't know sorcs work. When you make a sorc class and see it isn't stupid easy, then you will learn. 

VS doesn't just stun and kill at will, you have to create setup for it. You either freeze the target or use cold bolt until you get your wind emblem to give you double damage. Afterwards you throw it out AND HOPE it criticals. If it doesn't critical, yes your target it stunned but your best move is on cooldown and you won't be able to kill them unless they allow you to hit them with JT. 

Experience players know how to avoid the Frost diver setup. Once they are frozen they use a defense tactic, warriors increase their defense, wizards block of ice, priest and sorc get rid of the frozen status, knight & bears solidify themselves, I think monks do what warriors do (they blocked it anyway), the only characters without a true defense against it is rogues and rangers, and I think rogues could smokebomb it anyway. Unless you are a Ranger, which is probably the most efficient, consistent colo class, then you have a way to avoid that setup. Learn the game, learn how to avoid things. Yes, I play a sorcerer, but I actually enjoy playing my friend's warrior class in PVP because last people attempt to kill him, and using a wind bottle makes getting kills a lot easier and reliable. You can farm wind bottles with union boxes

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

We're strong yes, but most of the time cold bolt is what is cast. Contrary to popular belief, VS has a cooldown and can miss.

1) Cold Bolt is all you need to prep your two highest burst damage skills. Other classes take time to load up. Sure you can get unlucky with Wind Emblem, but that's a moot point when you consider how fast and useful Cold Bolt is compared to the other basic attacks classes have to use to charge up their high burst skills. Ranger not included in this scenario.

2) Contrary to popular belief, all skills can miss. Oh and they can be Parried too. This is an invalid argument to bring to the table in the first place.

3) 3k+ with Wind Emblem or Frozen status on a target with instant-cast from range is pretty damn good for a burst skill. You guys make it sound like any other burst skill from other classes is easier to set up. Well...except for Ranger.

Personally, I don't agree with disabling Sorcerers in Colosseum. That just isn't fair. Plus, the CMs have already mentioned wanting to buff other classes, not nerf Sorcerers.

Edited by GuardianTK, 19 September 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#18 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Look at your picture. At least try a counter point instead of bringing up something meaningless.

im not talking about my war, because he can tank them, im talking about the more gimped classes, specially monk class.

#19 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Apparently the new meta is when tanks kill their target(slowly) another enemy just targets you as you attempt to kill the duder. They kill you then finish off the other guy who is at around 20% hp(BE WARNED MY SHIELD BROTHERS)

#20 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

That is why we must follow the melee code once you enter colo! Warriors, Knights, BM, Monks and Rouges should not fight each other. We must unite!

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

That is why we must follow the melee code once you enter colo! Warriors, Knights, BM, Monks and Rouges should not fight each other. We must unite!

I love how Assassins aren't a part of the code, but I guess that's deserved when they have Shadow Assault and faster movement speed.  xD  

#22 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

I pretty much follow the code as Rogue (I guess from playing Knight too much), but when you're a Rogue out of Hide it's more like everyone's trying to kill you, whether range or tank, heh.

And yeah Assassins are 100% deviant and will come kill you while you're fighting a Sorc/Ranger, then just run off-

#23 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

*snorts*

#24 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

1) Cold Bolt is all you need to prep your two highest burst damage skills. Other classes take time to load up. Sure you can get unlucky with Wind Emblem, but that's a moot point when you consider how fast and useful Cold Bolt is compared to the other basic attacks classes have to use to charge up their high burst skills. Ranger not included in this scenario.

2) Contrary to popular belief, all skills can miss. Oh and they can be Parried too. This is an invalid argument to bring to the table in the first place.

3) 3k+ with Wind Emblem or Frozen status on a target with instant-cast from range is pretty damn good for a burst skill. You guys make it sound like any other burst skill from other classes is easier to set up. Well...except for Ranger.

Personally, I don't agree with disabling Sorcerers in Colosseum. That just isn't fair. Plus, the CMs have already mentioned wanting to buff other classes, not nerf Sorcerers.

Cold bolt procs take time to come up. That you don't know how long isn't an advantage. You can use it all you want on someone and lose your kill in the mean time. And it's certainly not a magic 1 hit knockout like the one that is referrenced in the first post.

My second point is completely valid because it destroys the instant kill at will idea presented here. That is just completely imaginary.

I agree VS and JT are very good. I'm not at all against colo rebalancing, even if only Sorcerers are made weaker. It's the idea that Sorcs are invincible and all powerful that's annoying. I could only wish that all I had to do was step into colo with 5 or less other Sorcerers to make it to the last round, but that's not at all realistic when there are so many defense options for other classes and powerful skills that Sorcs can't really defend well against.

Lowering magic power wouldn't be so bad, but I don't like the idea of adding animations or drastically different cooldown times. The class should play the same in and out of colo, and I don't want Sorcs to change for pve.

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Cold bolt procs take time to come up. That you don't know how long isn't an advantage. You can use it all you want on someone and lose your kill in the mean time. And it's certainly not a magic 1 hit knockout like the one that is referrenced in the first post.

My second point is completely valid because it destroys the instant kill at will idea presented here. That is just completely imaginary.

I agree VS and JT are very good. I'm not at all against colo rebalancing, even if only Sorcerers are made weaker. It's the idea that Sorcs are invincible and all powerful that's annoying. I could only wish that all I had to do was step into colo with 5 or less other Sorcerers to make it to the last round, but that's not at all realistic when there are so many defense options for other classes and powerful skills that Sorcs can't really defend well against.

Lowering magic power wouldn't be so bad, but I don't like the idea of adding animations or drastically different cooldown times. The class should play the same in and out of colo, and I don't want Sorcs to change for pve.

Actually, I have a Sorcerer myself. I do know it can take a while if you're not lucky. That doesn't change the fact that Cold Bolt is a quick cast skill with a useful effect compared to the basic attacks other classes need to use in order to charge up their bursts. Have you seen how long it takes for Wizards to charge up their burst skill? GFist? Having experienced the class itself, I have to say that setting up a Sorcerer's burst is a lot more convenient than most other classes. Save for Rogues, since they can just save a Dirty Plan for that or snipe someone from hiding.

The fact that any skill can miss makes that argument invalid. So what if it makes that kill pointless? You still have JT, which is still a decent burst skill with Wind Emblem or Frozen up. Although I understand the implications behind that cast time, it's still an option you can consider when in comparison to other classes.

I don't know about your experiences, but most of the defensive skills other classes have to offer (Especially melees) only last around 10 seconds. Sure it can screw you out of the last kill to advance to the next round, but the cooldowns on these skills tend to be phenomenal. Endure for example has 2 minutes of cooldown time when we're not counting Vigor. Parry has a minute. Shadow Armor every 40 seconds or so if maxed. Assumptio for 2 minutes as well. I've run into Sorcerers smart enough to either ignore me after getting me Frozen and seeing me pop my defensive skill or wait until it is gone before throwing their VS at me. Sorcerers aren't that easy to play, but they are pretty damn good if you know what the hell you're doing.

I don't agree with other's views that Sorcerers need to be nerfed though. I do see the inconveniences here (Especially the effects it can have on the typical Sorcerer in a PVM setting), but that doesn't change the fact that other classes should be at least buffed to be up to par.

None of my arguments will matter though, because we've had a thread arguing for and against Sorcerer nerfs in the past already. 10 pages worth. We're not going through that again. Just buff most melees and be done with it.

Edited by GuardianTK, 19 September 2013 - 02:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users