Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable Sorcerer class from Colosseum until rework

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#26 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

There have been some Sorcerer's that I've 1v1'd and killed easily, and there are some Sorcerers that were impossible to 1v1 using every resource under the sun aside from a stun pet. I think the balance problem with Sorcerers is not their offensive capabilities, but their defenses are way too high. Colo armors, when stacked give the Sorc very good damage mitigation when paired with Earth Shield. They can heal themselves, making them an even bigger pain to deal with. I'm supposed to be fighting a cloth wearing squishy, but it doesn't feel that way sometimes. It feels like I'm hammering on a plate wearing, self healing, tanky monster that shoots 7k damage lazerbeams out it's eye sockets. 

#27 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

I love how Assassins aren't a part of the code, but I guess that's deserved when they have Shadow Assault and faster movement speed.  xD  

Dirty sins doing what they do best, playing dirty :p_sad:

#28 soapPENGUIN

soapPENGUIN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

What fun trying to find that one sorc cold bolting you in a sea of pets and other players following up with their standard combo. Sorcs aren't too bad if it wasn't for the damn distance bug/dead body bug. Than again those bugs can apply to all the other ranged classes. I see someone dying nice, time to Rage-Strike, runs up to the person no Rage-Strike person right in front of me when he really isn't while ranged players snag the kill. Scenario 2 : Finds the person hitting me, crap he's dead welp time to run cause basically giving away free hits.

#29 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Diasable Priests and Sins in colo. They can kill sorc easily!!

#30 4730121116050538127

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

I have both Monk, rogue and Sorc and I honestly think Monk needs all the fix they need.

but with the way gravity works I'd rather want them to close and delete this -_- game than touch anything in this game again because I swear it will just break the game even more.

#31 U2v85

U2v85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLima

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

What the sorc damage is something that I also really been saying to be regulated somehow because in truth his spear varetyr skill is too powerful as it is instant cast (You can cast on the move?) And is the highest damage of game over 3 seconds stun. Here is the link where I hope my proposal and leave your opinions.

#32 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

Apparently the new meta is when tanks kill their target(slowly) another enemy just targets you as you attempt to kill the duder. They kill you then finish off the other guy who is at around 20% hp(BE WARNED MY SHIELD BROTHERS)

Echo

I guess it would be viable to split Vaetyr's Spear into multiple hits... like Arrow Vulcan, Ray of Genesis, Shadow Explosion, Moonlight Dance, Shield Cannon... I mean...

• 0 crits = 1,500~2,000 damage.
  • 1 crit = 2,500~3,000 damage.
  • 2 crits  = 3,600-3,800 damage.
  • 3 crits = 4,500-5,000 damage.

All strikes can kick in at once, RO1-Jupitel-Thunder-or-RO2-Ray-of-Genesis-Style, unlike Shield Cannon, which is like  hit, delay 0.4 seconds, hit, delay 0.7 seconds, hit, (allowing others to KS whatever we're trying to finish off).

#33 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Sorcs are pretty strong because they have 300% MATK rotation on a frozen target broken into 2 skills with a base CD of 30s

If they get crits (which they will because their AGI and crit are decent even inside of colo) their peak is 600% MATK damage rotation in 2 skills in under 5 seconds. Only Tanks could survive the full brunt of that and they are still stunned after already being rooted.

Personally I think Frost Diver is the real problem. If maxed it offers a decent CC time on a super short CD. Sure there are diminishing returns, but all that changes with Embus. Even without Embus a Sorc always has it to use one someone as they run tabbing targets. FD -> Wam -> Slam Dunk -> On to the next victim.

Did JT or VS miss/get parried? Prepare to eat a few more cold bolts until they can refreeze you just outright kill you with another thunder bolt.

Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but you get my point.

Sorcs also have the ability to sustain themselves while still maintaining a certain degree of DPS. Toss Embus into the mix and now a Sorc can Tank 2 or 3 people while Blasting someone frozen and getting the kill without breaking a sweat.

They have a lot going for their class and can be very effective at DPS and Heals with a proper build.

What fun trying to find that one sorc cold bolting you in a sea of pets and other players following up with their standard combo. Sorcs aren't too bad if it wasn't for the damn distance bug/dead body bug. Than again those bugs can apply to all the other ranged classes. I see someone dying nice, time to Rage-Strike, runs up to the person no Rage-Strike person right in front of me when he really isn't while ranged players snag the kill. Scenario 2 : Finds the person hitting me, crap he's dead welp time to run cause basically giving away free hits.

Every freaking time. Either he's in the sky, underground or dead on the floor whie spinning in a circle. I just feel like quitting when I see First dead on the floor in r4/r5

Edited by DatMONKey, 19 September 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#34 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

The thing about sorcers is that you kill fast, you die fast. Usually the first 10 seconds of colo I spend it lying dead on floor, everybody targets us because we're easy to kill and usually when I'm trying to kill someone there's probably 2 or more knights gangbanging me. Once an assasin or a knight jumps on you and stunts you, you're pretty much dead, and I usually get killed by those. Also our healing skills are not very strong and not very practical for colo, so at the end is more effective using pots like everybody else(unless you're pr0 and can switch seal in a matter of miliseconds)

The grass always looks greener for the other side, sorc look like op kill machine, but in reality it's not like that, many of our skills are based on luck, also our damage is very inconsistent, so you never know for sure how much damage you will make :) And those who complain about gettting one shotted, basically are complaining about one lucky sorcerer that, well, got lucky, but usually that's not the case. Also colo depends on the players skills.

Btw, let's not bring pets into discussion, because pets are a whole another topic, that can make any class op.

#35 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

The thing about sorcers is that you kill fast, you die fast. Usually the first 10 seconds of colo I spend it lying dead on floor, everybody targets us because we're easy to kill and usually when I'm trying to kill someone there's probably 2 or more knights gangbanging me. Once an assasin or a knight jumps on you and stunts you, you're pretty much dead, and I usually get killed by those. Also our healing skills are not very strong and not very practical for colo, so at the end is more effective using pots like everybody else(unless you're pr0 and can switch seal in a matter of miliseconds)

The grass always looks greener for the other side, sorc look like op kill machine, but in reality it's not like that, many of our skills are based on luck, also our damage is very inconsistent, so you never know for sure how much damage you will make :) And those who complain about gettting one shotted, basically are complaining about one lucky sorcerer that, well, got lucky, but usually that's not the case. Also colo depends on the players skills.

Btw, let's not bring pets into discussion, because pets are a whole another topic, that can make any class op.

The grass is only greener if you have experience using other classes in colo.

Trust me, Sorc hits hard without luck. If those knights or sins didn't go after the Sorc, they would be king of colo. and trust me, knights don't have the damage to go against priests, so they turn to sorcs.

Luck or not, there are classes that have way less advantages than Sorc. I don't personally support the original topic's point, but until every class can go toe to toe against priest, Sorc, and ranger, topics like this will always appear.

#36 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Sorry, but this is not true. Any Sorc who knows what they're doing can easily switch between the seals. I see many Sorcs running around in r3+ with Earth Emblem and only switching to Wind when they've got a target, because Seals can be casted while running and has little animation delay. Given your high crit rate and low cast time for the heals, as well as the various types of heals you get, Sorcs are very good at healing in Colo.

#37 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Everyone gets hit by the 4x dmg in colo once in a while. No reason to get mad about it Hunk. Shoot I once took 9k from a

crit GF (who must of had the poring buff), then after using a Master Red, took 9k from a VS . Banning Sorc would just make

priests and rangers even more op.

Edited by NuwaChan, 19 September 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#38 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Sorry, but this is not true. Any Sorc who knows what they're doing can easily switch between the seals. I see many Sorcs running around in r3+ with Earth Emblem and only switching to Wind when they've got a target, because Seals can be casted while running and has little animation delay. Given your high crit rate and low cast time for the heals, as well as the various types of heals you get, Sorcs are very good at healing in Colo.

Standing in colo, spamming healing wave, is not a really good idea, somebody will notice you quickly and will go after you, true story. If you get stunned you dead :D

there are classes that have way less advantages than Sorc

I never said we were the most disadvantaged class

#39 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Standing in colo, spamming healing wave, is not a really good idea, somebody will notice you quickly and will go after you, true story. If you get stunned you dead :D

I never said we were the most disadvantaged class

My guess is you fail to fall in that category, I eat noob sorcerers for breakfast.. But my teeth hurt when I find one who knows how to heal.

#40 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

u so badass

#41 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Aaah? Ban Sorc? Why?? They gimme the points to win D:!!

Sure, they one shot me if they catch me... if the catch me.... catch me... (well that happens quite often)

But on a 1v1 it's mostly my win D: (besides they aren't the best runners)

Sit and heal yourself all you want... it's a duel DPS vs Support ò__Ó!! And I'll accept the challenge!

Altho I've seen some very arrogant Sorc who sits at the midle of the arena casting LoR or mermaid and constantly healing while sniping any low hp they get in view as no one dares attacking them! Like a king of the hill D:! (I do end up attacking and killing or causing their demise tho).

#42 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

I am a poor Monk that gets mauled by that, and I still stand firm by my reply.

It's not fair to ban a class.

Balance them, but don't ban them.

Actually, temporarily, they could/should ban Sorcerers from colo.

Mainly the reason is because the majority of them use Embus of Ruin. Because of that pet, Sorcerers have now become something beyond broken. 

Even before pets came in, Sorcs are able to get critical hits with their Jupitel Thunder and Variety Spear as often as a Ranger getting crits, I dont want to hear none of this "pray to hit" nonsense from other Sorcs. And both skills do so much massive damage, that you don't have time to retaliate because it only takes 3 seconds of Variety Spear's stun to be able to kill any target when they successfully land a critical hit, sometimes one-shotting most classes. May take a little longer if the target is a tank class. How long does it take for VS to be finished from it's cd? As long as it takes for a Sorc dying and respawning, then they just find a random squishy target and just spear again. Rinse and repeat.

They were nerfed before because their heals and damage were too heavily exaggerated, but now they need to be nerfed further more since they still possess intense damage output. I would also like to mention that their animation delays and travel speed of JT and VS are 2x faster than a wizard's Fire Bolt and Fire Ball. So... why does a class that can also use support skills have so much damage capabilities? It's still broken. 

I believe a balance patch should be arriving soon in the next month, or after it. If not, they could at least fix this pet issue.

#43 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Wow.Just wow.Everyday,I encounter more and more bad PvP players on the forums.If you knew how to play your class,on either side of the spectrum,you wouldn't be complaining at all about the disadvantages or advantages of any class.A melee should never have a problem disposing of a Sorcerer,that is,if they know how to play....wow.

#44 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

A new week, a new "OP SORC" thread.

#45 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Wow.Just wow.Everyday,I encounter more and more bad PvP players on the forums.If you knew how to play your class,on either side of the spectrum,you wouldn't be complaining at all about the disadvantages or advantages of any class. A melee should never have a problem disposing of a Sorcerer,that is,if they know how to play....wow.

Uhhh... You do know that they have Cold Bolt and freeze spells and stun to keep melee at bay, right? They could keep repeating that process over and over all day, if not, then they're just baddies as you mentioned. You say as if they could just normally resist their snares and slows. Unless you're referring to assassins of course, then yes, they shouldn't have a problem with a Sorcerer.

Edited by Yukyrie, 19 September 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#46 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Wow.Just wow.Everyday,I encounter more and more bad PvP players on the forums.If you knew how to play your class,on either side of the spectrum,you wouldn't be complaining at all about the disadvantages or advantages of any class.A melee should never have a problem disposing of a Sorcerer,that is,if they know how to play....wow.

Beautiful trolling. If not, you are ignorant of how most classes are played in a scenario against a Sorcerer. Only bad Sorcerers will die to melees in 1vs1 scenarios, unless you're a Sin.That or you're lucky. Being lucky doesn't mean skill.

Edited by GuardianTK, 19 September 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#47 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Everyone gets hit by the 4x dmg in colo once in a while. No reason to get mad about it Hunk. Shoot I once took 9k from a

crit GF (who must of had the poring buff), then after using a Master Red, took 9k from a VS . Banning Sorc would just make

priests and rangers even more op.

ranger can be killed if focused, priest too but takes more time, but a sorc, it tanks and deals massive damage, and their overwhelming CC is overwhelming, i hate when i get slowed and frozen twice+ their embus pet.

you just went full retard, never go full retard

#48 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

You just went full retard. You never go full retard. Tell me how my monk is going to dispose of a sorcerer who knows what they're doing even though I know dang well what to do on my monk to make it to round 5.

#49 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Healing is of little value. I've used maxed Deluge, LoR, and EE and still been killed by two people. There are only two uses for healing:

You're lucky enough to survive a fight without anyone else being around to finish you off and go hide in one of the rooms to heal

Last 5 seconds of the match. 10 seconds is iffy.

Heal outside of those conditions and you will be mobbed and you won't have enough healing to beat the mob. There's no way around that. At the very best, you'll keep your health where it is, the mob will pot, and you'll come out with a disadvantage. I wish I could say that the attack party was as vulnerable as the sorcerer, but everyone goes for the person healing in my experience.

Actually, temporarily, they could/should ban Sorcerers from colo.

Mainly the reason is because the majority of them use Embus of Ruin. Because of that pet, Sorcerers have now become something beyond broken. 

Even before pets came in, Sorcs are able to get critical hits with their Jupitel Thunder and Variety Spear as often as a Ranger getting crits, I dont want to hear none of this "pray to hit" nonsense from other Sorcs. And both skills do so much massive damage, that you don't have time to retaliate because it only takes 3 seconds of Variety Spear's stun to be able to kill any target when they successfully land a critical hit, sometimes one-shotting most classes. May take a little longer if the target is a tank class. How long does it take for VS to be finished from it's cd? As long as it takes for a Sorc dying and respawning, then they just find a random squishy target and just spear again. Rinse and repeat.

They were nerfed before because their heals and damage were too heavily exaggerated, but now they need to be nerfed further more since they still possess intense damage output. I would also like to mention that their animation delays and travel speed of JT and VS are 2x faster than a wizard's Fire Bolt and Fire Ball. So... why does a class that can also use support skills have so much damage capabilities? It's still broken. 

I believe a balance patch should be arriving soon in the next month, or after it. If not, they could at least fix this pet issue.

VS stun doesn't garuntee a kill at all. Between damage reductions, spinel potions, and just being backstabbed in the middle of finishing someone else off, nothing is said and done until one character is on the floor. Archers, Rouges, Assassins, have all survived VS+JT from me from one reason or another. Sure in a 1v1, that's probably not going to happen, but colo isn't a 1v1.

The support side of Sorcerer isn't worth that much. You can't really heal yourself out of a bad situation. Wizard Ice Wall is much more reliable and it can be combined with teleport/levitate. Frost Nova will also stop everyone pursuing you instantly, and not just one person with a small delay.

Uhhh... You do know that they have Cold Bolt and freeze spells and stun to keep melee at bay, right? They could keep repeating that process over and over all day, if not, then they're just baddies as you mentioned. You say as if they could just normally resist their snares and slows. Unless you're referring to assassins of course, then yes, they shouldn't have a problem with a Sorcerer.

The sorc probably isn't going to be doing it all day, because they're in an area full of mobs/players. You're at a disadvantage of course if you're being whittled down from range, but usually you're free from that as soon as you die (if you do).

#50 Pilfer

Pilfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

I love how Assassins aren't a part of the code, but I guess that's deserved when they have Shadow Assault and faster movement speed.  xD  

My shadow assault is broken more than half the time, me hearty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users