#26 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

True, however they can just make it so the game calls the UI.VDK from the server rather than the client, similar how you can't edit the patcher image. Just saying, you can keep going but I guess this officially ends my updating. Just going to tweak some things and call it a day. ._.

Well, are we 100% positive that you can't edit the Patcher image? I'm sure there's a way somehow to extract the coding for it to modify it. Different versions of RO1 patchers out there tended to be a pain in the ass (Neoncube is one of the easier ones I've worked with), but it was possible. I'm assuming the files are external from the client, in a folder, or in a file, somewhere. We just have to find them.

In any case, I doubt that the UI.VDK would be placed into the client like that. Still, who knows what they could do? I don't see why they'd do it...

Well, actually, yeah... I do... Custom UIs being sold. I could see that happening easily. They could have UIs installed, just like all other items, but have them purchasable. I'm pretty sure that's the only valid reason they'd have for doing such a thing, because these files cannot cause game crashes. However, other modified VDK files could.

Consider how UIs work in some other games. Hell, consider how they work in RO1. The files are already placed there, and you can cycle through multiple ones. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be hard for a company to sell accessibility to such a function, and that very well could be what they're planning to do.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 26 September 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#27 Raizeu

Raizeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Can you PM me the repacker you guys use? Thanks!

I see the UI's going along nicely, by the way o:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users