Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

RO_Skeleton.gif

Hello everybody. I'm a skeleton. Not much exciting goes on with my life. Beat up some novices, dance with my bones, you know, every day stuff. Although, I heard through the grape vine that the Talk Like A Pirate event was going on. I rushed home, got some old clothes, and got to work on my sewing machine. Within no time I had my very own pirate costume! Time to try it on and see how it fits.

pirate_skeleton.gif

Ahoy maties! This be Pirate Skeleton. Thar be no more dungeon crawlin' for this swashbuckler. I be servin' Drake now. Come me hardies! Shed ye old persona and release the inner pirate inside ya. A two-man crew not be enough to scrub the poop deck, man the cannons, hoist the anchors, set sail, and find sunken treasure. We be needin' a crew fit to work under the king of the pirates. Submit ye applications below and come experience the pirate way of life. All those who oppose be taken down to Davey Jones's Locker!

Event Rules

Draw a picture of an RO1/RO2 monster or character in a pirate costume. Alternatively, you may also take a picture of yourself dressed like a pirate.

Your Character name:

Name of monster: (na if you cosplay)

Favorite place on the ship to hang out:

Your role on the ship:

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew:

Prizes

Winners will be decided by up votes.

Top 8 winners will receive a Drake Box Costume. Myself and Zanbee will each select 1 person who didn't make the top 8 and they will also receive a Drake Costume.

Event will end Sept 26th at 12:01am. Please submit your entries before then.

Have fun! I really look forward to seeing what you guys come up with :)

(All entries will be posted to RO2's Facebook page where you can vote for your winners!)

Edit: The event is officially over. We're no longer accepting entries. I will post a link to the FB album where you can vote for your favorites once Zanbee is done making the album. That you all to everybody who participated and made this a successful event! I will have many more events for you in the future so be on the lookout :) |Remember, Halloween is right around the corner :o

Winners

Kalene
Kodi
Cherub
Valencia

Ewari
Sirenoa
Choco
Fuu

AfkVendor
Paprika

Please leave a comment with your ign and what gender Drake costume you would like.

Edited by Tiduspeco, 30 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#2 Cide

Cide

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

4vDCZ.png

Your Character name: Cherub

Name of monster: Baphomet

Favorite? Well, it's hard to have a favorite when you take up a good portion of the ship all by yourself. It doesn't matter where I am.

Your role on the ship:

Ahem -- I settle for nothing less than the top.

Why you deserve to part of Drake's crew:

Be apart of? Why, I think you've got the wrong idea. Afraid I'm captain of this ship now.

#3 neowae

neowae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

4vDyl.png

Your Character name: Kodi

Name of monster: Scratch Thief/Robber / Highway Robber

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: The poop deck, o'course. No better place to survey what's goin' on while doin' my job!

Your role on the ship: Ahhh, that's uh, swabbin' n' scrubbin'.

Why you deserve to part of Drake's crew: Well y'see, it's sort of uh, a job -- yeah, a job. I'm needed 'round here, y'know? T'scrub n' steal, and I got nine lives! Nobody got anything on that! I mean s'not like I tried to take his treasure n' got myself enslaved 'er anything. That'd be a hoot.

#4 vtl77

vtl77

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

en3n.png

Your Character name: BULM4

Name of monster: Lunatic "Piratic"

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: Anywhere but the mop bucket. Preferably where they store the vegetation.

Your role on the ship: The fierce co-leader, of course. Step on me and ye'll be walking the planks!

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: One look at me and my enemies freeze with fear!... Or the urge to pet me- But I stop them in their tracks, either way! I'll be a valuable asset to Captain Drake. And a loyal companion, for a few zeny and carrots.

#5 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

...Can the other VEPs participate in this?  :p_err:

#6 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I totally thought it said, "Dress like a Panda," when I saw it before clicking on the topic. :p_laugh: I was like, "Wait... What?"

Your Character name: DarknessZero

Name of monster: Deviling, Poring, Bomb Poring.

Deviling likes to hang out anywhere that he can get attention.

Poring likes to hang out by his captain's side.

Bomb Poring likes to spend as much time as possible hiding from Poring and Deviling.

Your role on the ship:

Deviling's role on the ship is captain. He also occasionally leaves his ship with a small crew on a small boat (equipped with a cannon) to look for treasure, or occasionally his hat, which his parrot happened to fly off with today.

Poring's role is to willingly (or unwillingly, it doesn't matter to Deviling) do anything his captain asks of him, but most people call this form of slavery First Mate.

Bomb Poring lives his life with the sad role of being a living cannonball. The good news about Porings is that when they die, they just reform. His problem is that he happens to respawn wherever his captain is.

Why you deserve to part of Drake's crew:

Deviling's response: "He should be asking to be part of MY crew."

Poring's response: "Who is Drake? Cap'n Deviling be th' only Cap'n I know in these 'ere parts."

Bomb Poring: "If 'e can take me away from this 'ere crazed flock o' seagulls, then by all means, I be wantin' to be joinin' his crew, 'specially if I no longer be used as a cannonball."

1idhll.png

I hope multiple characters in a single submission is okay. It's pretty much all I could think of. I kinda got lazy when drawing the boat, flag, cannon, and ocean, though. :p_laugh:

Edit: Figured I'd try to be a little less lazy on the boat, cannon, flag, and ocean. The ocean still looks severely cartoon-y, though, but I had intended most of it to look that way from the start (yet the Porings had much more detail than I'd intended after I was finished).

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 20 September 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#7 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

Yesterday was talk like a pirate day as well!

Edited by Haboob, 20 September 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#8 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yesterday was talk like a pirate day as well!

Nay. Th' event ends on th' 24th o' September, savvy?

Edit: Hm, nevermind on the correction. Didn't notice you had edited your post already. :p_laugh:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 20 September 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#9 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

...Can the other VEPs participate in this?  :p_err:

Of course. As long as you didn't create the event I can't see why you can't participate :)

#10 GallopingChicken

GallopingChicken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

M6iXKUe.jpg

Your Character name: Eleanore

Name of monster: Coral Obeaune

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: ...hmmm.... Anchor! You'd never think it's such a nice swing. I seem to be the only one who enjoys it that much. Others are rather... frightened when I suggest them to join me swinging. Are they scared they'll fall into water?

Your role on the ship: Well... both mermaids and pirates specialize in drowning ships. I am the one luring poor sailors to their doom. Those fools always follow my singing~ While sailors are in trouble, rest of Barbarossa's crew has enough time to rob and wreck the ship!

Why you deserve to part of Drake's crew: Why? Sea is my home just as the crew's. It's just natural that we should join each other. With our skills and beloved God Leviathan's blessing all seas will be ours~!

#11 Detani

Detani

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

null_zps082bcb92.png
Your Character name: Kaizuh
Name of monster: (Female Pirate) Miho Warrior
Favorite place on the ship to hang out: The deck, at the captain's side, watching the waves splash upon the wood of the ship. Where the mist kicks up and sprays down, like a soft kiss from the sea. To be where the salt from the water is so thick in the air that it's like swimming in a bottle of salt. Lick your lips, and the tangy salt bitterly bites at your tongue. That's where this gal need be.
Your role on the ship: "Aye, I be th' first mate! Best take up ye problems wit' me befur ye see th' captain."
Why you deserve to part of Drake's crew: "I was cast aside by tha' foolish man, Whirimzu, for me tail turnin' brown. I was one'o'th' best warriors tha' man ev'r had. So I turned to th' life of plunderin' and stealin' as a pirate! I'm one'o'th' fierces' sword wielders, and Drake could use a bit o'help from wha' I be seein', he be gettin' stomped and swarmed upon attackin' Prontera and Alberta..."

Edited by Detani, 23 September 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#12 PeterRabbit17

PeterRabbit17

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

rmkEJ0F.jpg

Your Character name: Cubbie

Name of monster: Valkyrie Randgris

Favorite place on the ship to hang out:The Mast

Your role on the ship: Look out and destroyer

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: Valkyrie is stronger than drake himself. Drake should be grateful. 

#13 xSLx

xSLx

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Zealotus_zps70043fad.png

Your Character name: xGlowx

Name of monster: Zealotus

Favorite place on the ship to hang out:  The Brig. I love watching the prisoners squirm. -smirks with a sinister smile-

Your role on the ship: The Punisher/Jailor of course. I "whip" all the ones who disobey the Captain (and myself) into shape. Its quite a wonderful job.

Why you deserve to part of Drake's crew: Because every ship needs a place to throw the unruley, be it mutiny, scamming the treasure, or not worshipping my beauty. Of course that means someone needs to be in charge there to make sure they regret their misbehavior. And I am quite perfect for the job. Don't believe me? I believe if you asked around Glast Heim Underprison you would find my track record speaks for itself.

Edited by xSLx, 21 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#14 Niiya

Niiya

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Odin CH 1

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

So a question before I submit..Will the items be bound or be able to be traded..? Or are you not allowed to say > -<

#15 4624130817113804363

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Character name: CrescentBlade
Name of monster: Goblin
Favorite place on the ship to hang out: Kitchen
Your role on the ship: Kitchen helper
Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: I don't sneeze on Captain's food and my mouth always covered when sneezing

Attached Images

• Goblin (636x800).jpg

Edited by 4624130817113804363, 23 September 2013 - 03:01 AM.

#16 4624130817113804363

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Character name: CrescentBlade
Name of monster: Dark Lord

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: Mast

Your role on the ship: Mascot/Flag
Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: Drake ol'buddy. I need a job. They exclude me from RO2. Let me be your mascot. I can be your FLAG. No problem with that. You need skull right matey.

Attached Images

• DarkLord.jpg

Edited by 4624130817113804363, 21 September 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#17 TheFlyingAngel

TheFlyingAngel

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

2HRsCsp.jpg?1

Character name: Dekko

Name of character:  Berline

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: on the deck!!! next to the captain!

Your role on the ship: Just looking good for the Enemey!! so we can win without a battle!! and ofcouse cooking dinner (becase women are the best Chefs)!!!!

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: Ur missing some company??? and u love eating?? well than i can help u with that!!! and u will have it all ^.^ sounds like a nice deal right??

Edited by 100000902011071, 21 September 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#18 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

So a question before I submit..Will the items be bound or be able to be traded..? Or are you not allowed to say > -<

Not totally sure. Though I don't believe they are bound.

#19 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Not totally sure. Though I don't believe they are bound.

#20 SuperTiago

SuperTiago

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

VTwqdN1.png

Your character name: SuperTiago

Name of monster: Eremes Guile

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: Where the grog is.

Your role on the ship: Beverage Manager. Also see below.

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: 'cause I got two eyes, and someone with some depth perception's gotta handle the cannons.

Edited by SuperTiago, 22 September 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#21 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Tidus~ i really suck at drawing... Discrimination over the world. :sob:

#22 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Tidus~ i really suck at drawing... Discrimination over the world. :sob:

Then cosplay as a pirate :P

#23 TeddyMeow

TeddyMeow

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch 5/6

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Your Character name: TeddyMeow

Name of monster: Mau Commander

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: In the dark

Your role on the ship: Keep all the treasure in a safe place

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: Because I am a Pro!!! I am very greedy and I will kill whoever try to steal my treasure!!

8BnGrNm.jpg

#24 Joeydemunnik

Joeydemunnik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

BearPirate_zpse0cbaa10.png?t=1379881374

Your Character name: Gooey

Name of monster: BigFoot (and Mimic)

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: The ships galley where all the food is!

Your role on the ship: Fight off enemy pirates that are trying to steal (back) our loot!

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: I'm very nimble and agile, last week I only fell off the gangplank twice. I am also a great cook, My speciality is honey based recipes.

#25 9612130628140053723

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Making a post for placeholder?! Pfffft!

<_________<

*runs to grab her sketchbook*

Edit: apparently my name is a series of number? D:

Edit edit:

Here it is! x_X

Edit edit edit: photobucket now craps on quality even when the image is already optimized. New pic from imageshack.

9mw5.jpg

Your Character name: Bahija and Nereid

Name of monster: Isis and Sedora, respectively (both from RO1)

Favorite place on the ship to hang out: The hold/storage area

Your role on the ship: I (Bahija) guard the treasures while my assistant (Nereid) keeps a log of all the goods we have.

Why you deserve to be part of Drake's crew: While I've been faithful to my former master through the afterlife, even after his death... for a second time... I direly needed to get out of this dusty tomb. I would still watch over piles and piles of treasures, as it has been my duty even before I've been cursed, and I could finally travel the world!

While my little aquatic friend is rather shy, her superb penmanship has been filling the many journals she carries around. Please, give us a chance!

Edited by 9612130628140053723, 24 September 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users