Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#76 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

I feel like an idiot .... I'll be the only one who does not take advantage of the bug? XD
i I must Asher now? and most have full team colo i free money :(

Don't worry. Whoever said that 90% of the server is doing this is talking about of their imaginary friend's head. If it were true that the majority of the server accepts this bug, we wouldn't be having this kind of discussion nor this thread. Don't do it. It's wrong.

#77 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

We already have records of those who have abused this bug, so those who are still actively using this exploit, don't keep doing it thinking you can get away with it. It will be much easier to swing the banhammer if you have actively ignored all our warnings both in game and on the forums. 

In the end, it will be up to the GM team to decide what the appropriate action will be. A sincere thanks to everyone who hasn't abused this bug, and even sent us screenshots!

#78 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

For every discussion, even if the majority is agreeing, there will be some who will be against it. No matter what topic you discuss about.

But there are various reasons behind the whole trading exploitation. It is easy for Zanbee to come and say "we will punish everyone who did it because we can easily access the logs". There are huge issues aside from this that, imo, are far worse than just people trading untradeable stuff around.

While some people tried to take advantage of the bug to move  a great variety of items around, let's focus on Colosseum equips. It is easy to point out that people are wrong by trying to skip something they hate to do in order to keep moving on, in case of the Colosseum stuff. Let's see here:

- People bugging and winning colo (and in a lot of times, you're unable to take a screenshot due to the quick nature of the pvp)

- Class unbalance that pretty much leaves melee classes out when they aren't with colo stuff, makes some classes too superior, colo stuff that turn certain classes too strong and are easier to obtain, and so on

- Kill steal mechanic that rewards people who can time their skills time instead of fighting like a man and earning the kill properly

- Tons of bugs ingame that makes certain tasks annoying and with no visible interest to fix (aka Gravity doesn't giving the proper care)

- Colo is supposed to be fixed stats, then how come some people are way stronger than others? (not considering the colo stuff extra effects)

- Fixes that are delayed for 1+ weeks due to random reasons (when a hotfix could have been made to address serious issues like the trade bug)

- Players who badmouth GMs in the public chat but aren't punished

And ton of other issues.

Many people can't stand Colosseum, and the only way to progress is to suffer in colo until they cat their black gear.

That gives people a lot of incentive to trade stuffs around. It is easy to simply look at them as evil people, ban-worthy, than actually thinking "why" they did it. And.. actually fixing the issues that make colo such a terrible experience?

It is certain that if colo was fun, a ton of the trade exploits wouldn't have been present. There are those players who will abuse it for money. But there will be those who will do it since they can't stand colo shenanigans.

So, why can't I transfer that colo equip I got on my main to my alt? Should it be criminalized? Will it destroy the game that my alt account gets it earlier?

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 22 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#79 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

In the end, it will be up to the GM team to decide what the appropriate action will be. A sincere thanks to everyone who hasn't abused this bug, and even sent us screenshots!

I really hope the ban is passed, at least me and two friends are having serious doubt in supporting WP anymore... at this point we love both ROs but we feel our work went to the trash...

#80 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Many people can't stand Colosseum, and the only way to progress is to suffer in colo until they cat their black gear.

That gives people a lot of incentive to trade stuffs around. It is easy to simply look at them as evil people, ban-worthy, than actually thinking "why" they did it. And.. actually fixing the issues that make colo such a terrible experience?

It is certain that if colo was fun, a ton of the trade exploits wouldn't have been present. There are those players who will abuse it for money. But there will be those who will do it since they can't stand colo shenanigans.

So, why can't I transfer that colo equip I got on my main to my alt? Should it be criminalized? Will it destroy the game that my alt account gets it earlier?

You said it, "suffer". Veterans suffered Colo months ago, and now ppl is not just getting free random boxes but some are also transfering it to alts, do you think it is fair?. You should put your feets on the ones that equiped their whole alt characters with effort, and then discern what's correct and what's not, not from your feet, but from the others.

This is not about pets/bugs etc, but how long do it takes you to collect for example : 700.000 blood points, then tell me if it's fair if someone get his weapon in one single box.

#81 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

You said it, "suffer". Veterans suffered Colo months ago, and now ppl is not just getting free random boxes but some are also transfering it to alts, do you think it is fair?. You should put your feets on the ones that equiped their whole alt characters with effort, and then discern what's correct and what's not, not from your feet, but from the others.

This is not about pets/bugs etc, but how long do it takes you to collect for example : 700.000 blood points, then tell me if it's fair if someone get his weapon in one single box.

It took me 1 month going to all colo times (I think I missed 2 or 3 colos) in order to get my sorc to full colo. And I don't feel cheated by allowing people to get equips from boxes during an event.

Back then, before we had CoA, it was a big deal. Now that we have it, having more people with colo equips is better overall.

I believe they will at least ban those trying to openly sell the equips/were caught by screenshots.

#82 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Because colo equip are just not supposed to be tradable, nuff said.

Even you are transferring between your own char it is still abusing bug.

Yeah colo may be terrible but it is not an excuse to abuse bug.

#83 ParkLungLee

ParkLungLee

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Colo burn event is suppose to give you a shot of luck in obtaining your Colo gear. But with that said, cresentia have no int or magic damage to help them through the round from being slaughtered because of lack of stats in all their equips. I sympathize those cresentia player who use this trade bug to give their char their Colo gear from their main. However it does not mean I support this bug.

I just feel like people should understand this situation on why some people are doing this and where they are coming from. I started ever since beta and still don't understand why bp or some items be "account bound" rather than " character bound". Why can't bp be universal? I earned the bp myself, why can't I use them for my other char?

And I definitely agree to those who exploited this bug for zeny and selfish purpose to be ban. But an alternative punishment for those who just traded to their alts. And how about those actual new people who just bought them and they aee totally new players? Instead of screaming ban ban ban, think of the outcome as a whole. Yes people make mistakes, but no one will learn anything (this not including the people deliberately knowing and abusing the bug) If you just ban.

And I believe if you were to address this with a hot fix sooner, this while mess wouldn't have gotten this bad in the first place.

#84 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's out of control and the after math will be like a nuclear bomb.

#85 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

@parklunglee

My friend jaehyuk got to 5 round and won without premades or nothing like that...

They are gimped but not useless...

#86 ParkLungLee

ParkLungLee

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

@Kiryu

I never said they were useless. And that's not my main point in on my previous post. They can use raw tilt and tempest as far as I am concern. All I am doing is using an example. May not be the best example in your mind. But I never said they are useless.

Edited by ParkLungLee, 22 September 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#87 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

The way crescentias are pretty much makes them not useless, but way underpowered when compared to other classes. Tempest is pretty much 1 min cd, so they have like... 3 kills oportunities with it during a round? You pretty much have low chances to get to the later round and try for an equip box.

While using the exploit is wrong due to game law, the bad condition that the colo is in is a pretty damn good motivator for you do go and trade colo equips, with or without zeny involved.

If they decide to just ban everyone who tried the bug, we will enjoy a good "sit and look at the char details" time while trying to find a CoA party and not being able to fully form it. The probably logout and go play something else.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 22 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#88 LordNeito

LordNeito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Don't worry. Whoever said that 90% of the server is doing this is talking about of their imaginary friend's head. If it were true that the majority of the server accepts this bug, we wouldn't be having this kind of discussion nor this thread. Don't do it. It's wrong.

Starter Package discussion was about 15 pages in just 2-3 days.

#89 DejectedSnail

DejectedSnail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

How about rather than punishing the entire population for RO's programming mistakes, they try to FIX the bug?

In a sense the damage has already done and knowing the RO team, there's also a likelihood of clean players getting punished. Do you trust the team to "punish" and judge those who "exploited" the glitch? It is like A BLIND GUESS, minus the obvious ones like people vending in public and trying to sell colo gear in public.

It is true exploiting loopholes in a game is a violation against the user agreement, but I wonder if they know we are tired of them messing up every patch. Causing people to crash, disconnect randomly, lose items because of glitches in the game and have them reject our tickets for help. 

#90 DejectedSnail

DejectedSnail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I understand this is a free to play game, hence less man power and w/e.

But man there is a lowest standard you shouldn't be going into for game developing. Watch more glitches show up, like tossing gold nuggets in front of players in a super unbalanced game and then punish them for taking a chance and trying to advance because the game is getting insanely hard.

They also shouldn't be tweaking things in the game without the acknowledgement of the players. Making mobs harder just because, or make things drop less just because they want to make this game more challenging. They should know we aren't stupid. Power to the American audience. 

#91 DejectedSnail

DejectedSnail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Also, mistakes are kinda less excusable, ESPECIALLY repeated mistakes, when this isn't the first Ragnarok 2 game to be released.

Edited by DejectedSnail, 22 September 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#92 mrFinchmename

mrFinchmename

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

yow all. got a situation with a friend he is so stupid. he get banned by talking to someone JUST talking to someone who sells COLO equips. how bout that? and worst is..lol its my account he use talking with this "Zookai" character now my account is banned just by talking to someone who used this bug. least should just be suspended not banned coz my account only talks to this -_- player did not actually do a transaction with them..guess need to be noel race now lol

#93 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Please ban all the people who abused Humbamba and last PvE Boss bugs too.

#94 soapPENGUIN

soapPENGUIN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

We already have records of those who have abused this bug, so those who are still actively using this exploit, don't keep doing it thinking you can get away with it. It will be much easier to swing the banhammer if you have actively ignored all our warnings both in game and on the forums. 

So I was wondering since you have records of those who used this bug, would you have records of what was purchased. So to say a punishment for people who purchased equips whether it be CoA/Colo/AoD..etc will be removing specific equips (e.g. exploited colo wep) and replacing with something like 50 resignation gear. Originally had Hard raid gear in the past? Too bad you fell for temptation. Basically another way to punish the abuser instead of a ban, even though this will probably cause an uproar (why replace my gear with resignation gear... I'm quitting) but what won't? If specific items can't be tracked... well blah.

#95 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

So sad that only inactive players and those who already quitted the game are the only ones not getting banned...  :p_sad:

#96 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

So sad that only inactive players and those who already quitted the game are the only ones not getting banned...  :p_sad:

Umh this is strange, I'm not inactive nor I've abondoned the game but I'vent be banned and I will not be.

Because you know, I'vent abused this bug despite how much I hate the lack of Shared Account Storage.

So maybe there is honest people even in RO2 who are not inactive player.

Edited by Inquisitore, 22 September 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#97 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Umh this is strange, I'm not inactive nor I've abondoned the game but I'vent be banned and I will not be.

Because you know, I'vent abused this bug despite how much I hate the lack of Shared Account Storage.

So maybe there is honest people even in RO2 whoa are not inactive player.

OK! one honest player here.. anyone else?

#98 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

OK! one honest player here.. anyone else?

Count three more pissed people over here and I know someone from Infinity who is in the list.

#99 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Count three more pissed people over here and I know someone from Infinity who is in the list.

Ok that's 5 people including me of course. Woah should we make a thread for a list of people who should not be banned? lol  :heh:

#100 JoshObra

JoshObra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin (SN: UrAwFuL)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

So, every two weeks there seems to be a new and consistent-back-breaking-head-scratching bug.

So here's the deal;

I vote for a 24/7 live-cam in the developers office! :p_smile:

Seriously. I'm really curious how Gravity's development team looks like during business hours. What it's like, what's being done, how many hours do they work or are they really just playing mini-golf the whole time.

And on another note, I'd agree with Erodoeth.. if only some certain bosses weren't so questionably difficult to deal with along with the time sinking effort it takes to gear progress without any hardcore group/clique/posse, I really would like to see the GMs/CMs run a raid using only the correct tier gear (you know, the tier before the ones you're going for) and without any mall item stuffs. If they managed to finish the raid without any form of exploit, then I'll admit I'm wrong and the game is fine as it is. 

Disclaimer: I have no evidence to back up my claims, I'm just hella stressed out right now.  :p_sick:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users