Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#101 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Considering the bug happened on SEA and was fixed, there is no excuse to not put a hotfix specifically for it as soon as the issue was detected.

We had a hotfix that caused more bugs than fixes and it was for something far less important than the trade bug...

It makes one wonder where the priorities are.

#102 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

So sad that only inactive players and those who already quitted the game are the only ones not getting banned...  :p_sad:

I'm inactive? Since when? I can still log on just fine.

#103 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

I say we fix this bug, sweep it under the rug, and pretend it never happened. What bug?!?

#104 LordNeito

LordNeito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

So, every two weeks there seems to be a new and consistent-back-breaking-head-scratching bug.

So here's the deal;

I vote for a 24/7 live-cam in the developers office! :p_smile:

Seriously. I'm really curious how Gravity's development team looks like during business hours. What it's like, what's being done, how many hours do they work or are they really just playing mini-golf the whole time.

And on another note, I'd agree with Erodoeth.. if only some certain bosses weren't so questionably difficult to deal with along with the time sinking effort it takes to gear progress without any hardcore group/clique/posse, I really would like to see the GMs/CMs run a raid using only the correct tier gear (you know, the tier before the ones you're going for) and without any mall item stuffs. If they managed to finish the raid without any form of exploit, then I'll admit I'm wrong and the game is fine as it is. 

Disclaimer: I have no evidence to back up my claims, I'm just hella stressed out right now.  :p_sick:

GM Team trying to do Humbala without Bapho/PvE gears and without using any bug? I definetively would like to see that. Damn dude! it may have more watchers than the usual stream.

I say we fix this bug, sweep it under the rug, and pretend it never happened. What bug?!?

Sadly, this is starting to look like a solution.

Some people got rich with other bugs, so i don't know if "colo gear sellers" got nearly even in terms of zeny.

#105 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

We already have records of those who have abused this bug, so those who are still actively using this exploit, don't keep doing it thinking you can get away with it. It will be much easier to swing the banhammer if you have actively ignored all our warnings both in game and on the forums. 

In the end, it will be up to the GM team to decide what the appropriate action will be. A sincere thanks to everyone who hasn't abused this bug, and even sent us screenshots!

That day RO2 died :c

I preffer to see full colo people than newbies trying to find people for do some RHD gear hunt :/.

Anyway, whats the point of being full colo if you got no playing skills in things such as WoE and Raids.

So, every two weeks there seems to be a new and consistent-back-breaking-head-scratching bug.

So here's the deal;

I vote for a 24/7 live-cam in the developers office! :p_smile:

Seriously. I'm really curious how Gravity's development team looks like during business hours. What it's like, what's being done, how many hours do they work or are they really just playing mini-golf the whole time.

And on another note, I'd agree with Erodoeth.. if only some certain bosses weren't so questionably difficult to deal with along with the time sinking effort it takes to gear progress without any hardcore group/clique/posse, I really would like to see the GMs/CMs run a raid using only the correct tier gear (you know, the tier before the ones you're going for) and without any mall item stuffs. If they managed to finish the raid without any form of exploit, then I'll admit I'm wrong and the game is fine as it is. 

Disclaimer: I have no evidence to back up my claims, I'm just hella stressed out right now.  :p_sick:

LOL

I would totally love to see that!

Edited by Melisax3, 23 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#106 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I can picture this:

GMs ban everyone who did the exploit without any concern for reasons and extends of bug usage, server closes, GMs lose their jobs. Isn't it fun to enforce law to the EXTREME?

And i'm sad about it. I don't want to see this game die.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 23 September 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#107 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

I like how players are threatening RO2's demise if they actually ban bug abusers. Trade bug is nothing like barrier jumping or flight bug or the Colo hide glitch so don't even try to make a comparison on that. What Trade bug is equal to pretty much other malicious abuse like botting and currency selling that severely damages the game. To top it off abusers are trade bugging during an event which gives out free Colosseum equipments which are worth a large amount in-game time which hurts the games longevity.

Again theres no excuse to abuse this bug and really ITS COMMON SENSE how harmful this bug is it just hurts having to type this out to explain it. Only in RO2 would you throw the honest players under the bus and let them suffer the wrath of abusers. I'm sitting at barely any Z in-game stuggling to make currency and some dillholes just sell the equips for 1kz+??? You don't indirectly punish the honest players by letting stuff like this go.

Edited by Haboob, 23 September 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#108 eimichan

eimichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Odin ~

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

stuff ~

Not sure why you think punishing bug abusers would lead to the server closing.

Realistically, the people who've been abusing this is probably no more than a small minority of the player base. I'd be very surprised if even 10% of active players did this, yet we prolly won't hear any numbers from gms till after the issue's sorted ~

Anyways, extreme's fun, go big or go home /ok , however it's been allready said that they'll be looking at cases individually ~

#109 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

I can see it now. Kafra Shop Colo Random Box. It'll make a fortune.

#110 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

So sad that only inactive players and those who already quitted the game are the only ones not getting banned...  :p_sad:

I really hope you're kidding. Of course people who do get banned are more likely to come in here to complain.. whereas I have yet to hear of anyone getting banned outside of forums. My guild's fine, and no one has mentioned friends getting banned.

GM Team trying to do Humbala without Bapho/PvE gears and without using any bug? I definetively would like to see that. Damn dude! it may have more watchers than the usual stream.

Sadly, this is starting to look like a solution.

Some people got rich with other bugs, so i don't know if "colo gear sellers" got nearly even in terms of zeny.

Humbaba? Meh, people are just incredibly lazy there. I'd be more curious to see Einherjar.

#111 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

I really hope you're kidding. Of course people who do get banned are more likely to come in here to complain.. whereas I have yet to hear of anyone getting banned outside of forums. My guild's fine, and no one has mentioned friends getting banned.

Humbaba? Meh, people are just incredibly lazy there. I'd be more curious to see Einherjar.

dissapointedtennant_zpsd735f2a0.gif

I can see it now. Kafra Shop Colo Random Box. It'll make a fortune.

We got a oracle over here xD

Edited by Melisax3, 23 September 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#112 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

People are a bit too paranoid.

If you go by what Zanbee posted in the forums then it's easy to predict what will happen.

Exploiters before WP's announcement will be investigated on a case by case basis. Vendors will probably be targeted since it is quite easy to acquire proof of them using the exploit and report them.

People that continued to use the exploit despite the in game and forum announcements will probably be met with harsher punishments and scrutiny, after all they would be deliberately ignoring their warning.

Either way it will be interesting to see how this pans out, but it's not gonna break the server.

#113 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

People are a bit too paranoid.

If you go by what Zanbee posted in the forums then it's easy to predict what will happen.

Exploiters before WP's announcement will be investigated on a case by case basis. Vendors will probably be targeted since it is quite easy to acquire proof of them using the exploit and report them.

People that continued to use the exploit despite the in game and forum announcements will probably be met with harsher punishments and scrutiny, after all they would be deliberately ignoring their warning.

Either way it will be interesting to see how this pans out, but it's not gonna break the server.

Make me laugh more, they did not had time to do some stupid capes that requires 10mins/cape and you wanna tell me that they will investigate case by case, stop this fool please.

#114 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Imagine a group of Devs trying to kill the Einherjars in PvE normal, half geared, all at the same time.
Imagine their faces of pain.

#115 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Make me laugh more, they did not had time to do some stupid capes that requires 10mins/cape and you wanna tell me that they will investigate case by case, stop this fool please.

Actually you're cracking me up since you seem to expect the Korean developers to actually police our game. WP, or rather the GM crew, will be the ones handling the investigations and handing out the punishments. It is part of their normal duties after all. Unlike Korea these guys are pretty active in our server and can make stuff happen.

#116 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Don't blame CM/GM's by developers faults, they are totally different companies and their functions too. CM's are our voice when telling to devs what's happening wrong with the game, while GM's enforce the law and test bugs that we don't know, among others.

Gravity is the responsible for capes/bugs/ events (like Drake costume box-Colo burning event) and its development (Drop rate,design, etc)

Gravity = Asia

WP = NA

Between, CM's and GM's are on different departments on the company, and each one fullfill his job accordingly.

Hope it's more clear now.

#117 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

My god she's sexy when she's being all mean like that.

#118 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

the only cases they are going to look at are those that made high amount of untradeable item transactions. it's better to screw the 1% to please the other 99%.

#119 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

Imagine a group of Devs trying to kill the Einherjars in PvE normal, half geared, all at the same time.
Imagine their faces of pain.

Yup, that was my thought. Humbaba isn't too hard with strategy.. but Einherjar? Give them all T1H, except for chest, and see if they can down it on N. The only legit videos I've seen have been colo geared.

#120 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's not a 24/7 spycam, but it's close enough: http://forums.warppo...an-productions/

#121 DejectedSnail

DejectedSnail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

That is exactly the first thing I thought. They're too lazy to fix existing bugs, instead they add useless content and silly events while they could prioritize other problems. And they also ripped off of us capes while they could've announced TWO MONTHS PRIOR that oops sorry guys, but we didn't realize how big this event got.

Like what the heck, they kept extending this cape thing over and over and over again. 

And then they tell us last min, OOPS, out of luck guys. 

It is ridiculous to me that they would waste their time searching tediously in hundreds of player's logs hoping to find something just to ban them. 

#122 DejectedSnail

DejectedSnail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

I think you guys should track what your GMs do in game. Moderate your own people before you try to banhammer us. Using exclusive knowledge to give players an advantage is also "cheating" you know. Hypocrites.

#123 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

At least Playpark let you start a poll, did not seem to hurt them. I bet WP would delete it as soon as you started one anyways, since they removed the function from the entire RO2 forums section.

#124 BsPayne

BsPayne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

I would say suspend accounts (14 days to a month?) that sell them publicly and wipe the COLO items or whatever they sold through the bugs. 

Also, I believe in trading bound item without gaining zennies should be allowed or at least able to trade them internally via same account. I mean, c'mon.. COLO gears are the best gears in the game so far, and being a warrior.. I know how hard it is to even get a weapon from BP be it full set? Why can't I create any other range class to farm BP to give it to my warrior that I want to main? I mean, it's still my work and my time that is given into the game.

#125 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I would say suspend accounts (14 days to a month?) that sell them publicly and wipe the COLO items or whatever they sold through the bugs. 

Also, I believe in trading bound item without gaining zennies should be allowed or at least able to trade them internally via same account. I mean, c'mon.. COLO gears are the best gears in the game so far, and being a warrior.. I know how hard it is to even get a weapon from BP be it full set? Why can't I create any other range class to farm BP to give it to my warrior that I want to main? I mean, it's still my work and my time that is given into the game.

Denied, my war is full colo and took me 4 months in get that set. just play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users